PDA

View Full Version : your world

10-28-2007, 05:34 AM
noticed that there is a continuous open advertisement for the Tampa office. Do you guys actually have open positions or do they like to keep an ongoing pool of applicants? If you do have open positions, do you know if they are going to be filling them, or have the budget cuts placed a freeze on them?

I am asking because I am interested.

What does a "typical" day for you involve? I would like honest answers, but would appreciate it if the bashing could be kept to a minimum.

What is the best aspect of your job?

What is the worst?

Do you get to work with other agencies very much? (Task forces etc...)

Thanks for the time to answer. I look forward to reading your responses.

10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
62 views and no comments........

Appreciate the help

10-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Appreciate the help

Run...run....RUN!

10-30-2007, 01:33 AM
If I was a state leo wanting information about ABT, I would make use of my investigative ability and contact the ABT office in my area. Ask to speak with a lieutenant, because the agents will be out in the field. When the LT gets on the line - introduce yourself. Tell them you are considering employment with ABT and would appreciate the "scoop." After you hang up, call another office and ask the same questions. Compare notes and form your own opinion. You might also get to know agents in your area - ask them questions. Your opinion is the only one that matters and if you are really considering a job change, you owe it to yourself to do the home work. I wouldn't trust such an important decision to anonymous people on this website.
Now, about ABT - There are open positions and yes they are being filled. There is no way to predict the impact of pending budget cuts, so you might want to consider that fact - especially if you have several years in your current position. We have administrative and criminal law issues to deal with. Take a look at sections 561-569, F.S. as well as F.A.C. for a better idea. The best aspect is the flexibility in scheduling and assignments. It is easy to shine and be a stand out performer. The worst part of the job - upper management instabilty and supervisors who know less than you do. The only real issue with that is very few take the time or initiative to learn. It's like a flight instructor that has never been in a ****pit. Reading a book on management doesn't make you a manager - know what I mean? A good agent has working relationships with most every agency in their district - I wouldn't spend much time worrying about task forces but we do have some agents assigned to them - good work if you can get it. Good Luck.

11-17-2007, 06:24 PM

Appreciate the help

Run...run....RUN! Drive as fast as you can away from this dump.
It use to be a great job but, not now. Most of the folks with any common sense have moved on. The others have to tough it out because they have families to take care of. I know plenty who feel like vomiting over the stuff they are required to do. It is like working for organized crime.