PDA

View Full Version : FOP Contract

MOD 426
10-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Post information and questions about the FOP contract negotiations here.

Save Me From South Fla.
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I heard from a reliable source that we are getting shafted hard.

11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
We should assist Ft Lauderdale's fight for their contract in return for their assistance with ours when we need it. Is that possible? Can we go to their protests dressed in FOP shirts to show more numbers? They need alot of help. Visit Ft Lauderdale's forum. Sergeant Bigwood, Dave?

11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Our greedy comissioners are doing good. Where is our ****ing contract! Berger, you live with your mommy still and take her around like she is your girlfriend. You should take a pay cut. Bates, you miserable heffer you suck! Bates needs to quit to save the city money. Holiness, your damn 'multipurpose' cricket stadium is the only thing you care about and that is sad because without adequit police coverage, it will turn to shit in no time.

11-19-2007, 12:34 AM
We should assist Ft Lauderdale's fight for their contract in return for their assistance with ours when we need it. Is that possible? Can we go to their protests dressed in FOP shirts to show more numbers? They need alot of help. Visit Ft Lauderdale's forum. Sergeant Bigwood, Dave?

You should get the dirt on your commissioners ? they have it we all know ? the game is leverage plain and simple. Work to the rule ?

11-19-2007, 01:24 AM
one of our guys tried getting us to work to the rule. Only some of the guys wanted to do it so whatever.

The cops in this city just want to bit*h about not getting paid but dont want to help get the money. The same cops that complain are the same cops that dont go to the meetings and dont wanna work to the rule.

Quit complaining if your just gonna sit around and watch

12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
what happened to the detailed account of all overtime worked, they just gave us a check without detailing how many hours we worked to do a comparison with our records.... thats pretty darn slick!!

12-16-2007, 01:30 AM
We need another mass exodus from this department to let the city manager know how we feel. The overtime retro checks were sickening. That middle school pre-algebra flunkie Angie must have calculated it. I am putting in with Seminole! Check around folks, the grass is greener like the money youll see.

12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Seminole has mad OT and details. U can double your salary if you hit details hard.

12-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Seminole has mad OT and details. U can double your salary if you hit details hard.

or u can go to miami gardens PD where your start salary is between 65,000 - 83,500.

amazing

01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Please please please, any news on the contract? Bigwood, henessey? please if you guys read this, let us know what is going on! Set up a meeting if you don't want to post a response here for whatever reason. We have not had a FOP meeting in a while and it would be nice to get an update.

01-24-2008, 07:41 AM
no updates, Officers are still getting ramed up the ass by Feranda and the rest of the city. Maybe soon he'll have us on our knees. stay tuned for updates

01-27-2008, 03:22 AM
We will not get s_h_i_t ... more excuses ... if not the taxes it will be the recession or some other reason why we can't be better paid or better benefits

We are not united enough to get anything better then what they give and not united enough to take up the good fight.

You young guys go someplace else ... Lauderhill will always be a starting point for good young officers. The City Government will not change and the FOP (no matter who negotiates) along with their representative Mr. Palao (Sorry Spelling) will not get us anything close to what we deserve. We and the FOP are a joke in the City's eyes and they never budge and we always have to.

It will not be until someone steps up to the plate and tells everyone on the City Council and the City Manager enough is enough and we work together to get them elected out of office. Change is needed on all levels.

What we fail to remember and some may have not been taught ... your supervision is only as good as the workers they have underneath them. You give back what you are given and act like you have been taught ... nothing more and nothing less. If they (City Government) choose to give nothing why do you and I give back so much in return?

Nothing has changed in two contracts ... we are still under paid and we have no tangible benefits. Besides a new building that is already falling apart and maybe 50 new police cars ... what have we seen in the past 5 years? I have no improved gear or equipment ... what happens if my car is wrecked … back to a pool vehicle because the department has no money! What has changed? What has anyone done for the rank and file in this department? ZERO!

I have resigned myself to just accept that nothing will change in the immediate future. My hope is that someone in the upper echelon will grow as set of nuts and start fighting for the rank and file ... but again I do not hold my breath.

Mike and Dave please don't take this message as an insult ... I know you have tried in vain. Perhaps we can have FOP meetings at a food establishment or someplace other then the PD. Most of us hate coming to the PD when we are off duty. Maybe we can plan a meeting on a Saturday afternoon at a park with a BBQ for the family. I have paid almost $2000.00 in dues over the past 5 years … we can do better than the 630PM police department meetings. How about a holiday dinner or something that get’s all of us together?

To all the Sergeants and Lieutenants that read this … you are the immediate catalyst for change and you need to step up to the plate for the rank and file in this department. You have the ear of the administration and you see that we (the rank and file) are being screwed. I challenge you guys and gals to get your heads out of the sand and stand up for what is right.

Most of us will follow a true leader to hell and back but one that I know is only concerned about himself I will watch fall on his sword.

Sorry for the length of this message but it is something I feel strongly about. Before anyone comments “if you don’t like it leave” let me say this … I am not leaving because I have an investment here and I am older and do not want to start over again. What I do want is some positive change and hopefully this message springboards that change.
Thanks and be safe!

01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Your right Mike!

01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
I read every word! You are right about everything. I am in the same situation as you are. You guys need to stop with the negative stuff every time someone types a message like this. If you cant band together with us then dont say anything.