PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm?

51-94
10-25-2007, 04:35 AM
I heard Lauderhill just got 10, 10, 10.

Save the "if you want 10,10,10 then go to Lauderhill" replies

I'm just curious if its true and if anyone can give an educated answer on how a small city with a fairly low taxbase can give their PD such a nice raise when they are facing the same "tax woes" every other city is (if its true).

10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
No bashing from me. Though I cannot confirm that. Check the PBA or FOP websites (I'm sure someone wil say its a matter of public record)

It amazes me that this city had and has the ability to not lower the tax fee as much as the state base. Pembroke pines commisioners has the balls to do just that. (I would like to congratulate them for their stand)

Why should we suffer because their inability to act by our city commision. Personal safety is paramount when it comes to citizens concerns. Are they aware what the commision is doing to their police force?

When is the election? Lets stand up in force to support those who support the well being of our miramar citizens and us!

10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
A family who is not on government assisted living must have moved in to Lauderhood which would increase the tax base exponentially.
Seriously though, i think they were the lowest paid agency in the area so if they got that much than kudos to them, can we borrow their reps for a while?

10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Our city has to do a small cut which is forced by state legislature. The cuts which are proposed after that are basically a recommendation by the legislature, but are not enforceable if there is no compliance. That is why you saw the other cities not complying. Now here in Miramar, there are three government seats opening up in March. I believe that one of those is the mayor. If you were a politician and your seat was coming up, do you think that the residents would re-elect you if you raised taxes, or lowered them?

I am not defending the city at all. Don't get confused. I am just trying to shed some light on the subject as I know that many people do not have a full understanding of this matter. There is alot more to it, that would take me some time to post on here. But basically the fact that these people are up for re-election is probably going to hinder us the most. The sad part about the whole thing is that most of the residents on average will only save $200 to $300 a year for these cuts, but they will lose so much in the aspect of government services. If I were a resident I would say keep the cops, fire, and yard workers doing the great job they are doing now and charge me the extra $200 a year.

10-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Our city has to do a small cut which is forced by state legislature. The cuts which are proposed after that are basically a recommendation by the legislature, but are not enforceable if there is no compliance. That is why you saw the other cities not complying. Now here in Miramar, there are three government seats opening up in March. I believe that one of those is the mayor. If you were a politician and your seat was coming up, do you think that the residents would re-elect you if you raised taxes, or lowered them?

I am not defending the city at all. Don't get confused. I am just trying to shed some light on the subject as I know that many people do not have a full understanding of this matter. There is alot more to it, that would take me some time to post on here. But basically the fact that these people are up for re-election is probably going to hinder us the most. The sad part about the whole thing is that most of the residents on average will only save $200 to $300 a year for these cuts, but they will lose so much in the aspect of government services. If I were a resident I would say keep the cops, fire, and yard workers doing the great job they are doing now and charge me the extra $200 a year.

My dearest Mr. Salesman,
I would probably premise the conversation by stating that the amount of services lost far out wieghs that of monies saved. People of the wonderful and glorious city please lend me your ear. It is extremely urgent that I bring this issue to you.
The people of the city I call the center of everything is under attack. Under attack from the tax mongers in Tallahasee. I am so concerned about your safety both from fires and crime that I cannot fathom let me repeat I CANNOT vote for a tax cut which exceeds that of the state minimun. You may ask why? Why Mr. Councilman? Why would you do that to the fine citizens of this beautiful city. Let me tell you why. Because I love you. I love you because you are safe now from crime and fire. I want you to remain safe. The tax cuts offered and possibly voted to exceed the states minimum will undoubtably cut numerous Officers and Firemen that should and would be here to protect you. We in this day and age have more substantial crime, violent crime is on the rise, day time robberies are more prevailent. These fine woman and men are putting themselves in the line of fire to protect you. Even as they are being gunned down in our streets and alleys today higher than in the history of this great state and nation.
I don't see it necessay to cut your taxes and turn around and raise your garbage rates, your permit fees and your alarm fees. I am here for you! Not to save you a mere $100.00 to $200.00 a year but to save your community and quite possibly your life.

Elect me stand behind me and we will continue to live in harmony.

****Ladies and Gentlemen of this fine Department I say we stand behind this fine councilman and woman and support them with all of our influence to the end!!!

Let me hear your applause people and your support of this wonderful long term councilman or woman.