PDA

View Full Version : Idiot reporter

10-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Wow, did you see that idiot reporter? What a fool. I hope he gets canned.... Do you think a real reporter like Dan Rather would pick a fight with the police? How about Peter Jennings? Of course not! That's why they are respected. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he is found guilty. That will be news worthy!!!!!!
I got your back big guy! :lol:

10-25-2007, 06:40 AM
the fat ass should stay in the schools office where he belongs he's a sad excuse for a cop "BRO"

10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
That "fat ass" had a nice dinner last night with his family. That criminal reporter was busy bonding out of jail and writing the first check to his attorney. LOLOLOLOL

Oh yeah, that "fat ass" had a good night's sleep!

11-14-2007, 04:32 AM
That "fat ass" had a nice dinner last night with his family. That criminal reporter was busy bonding out of jail and writing the first check to his attorney. LOLOLOLOL

Oh yeah, that "fat ass" had a good night's sleep!

That "fat ass" may have had a nice dinner with his family that night, but I believe that he will soon have many days that are not nice. I believe he may be working for that "criminal reporter" for the next several years. Just my thoughts.

11-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Two words "gross negiligence."

Sweet dreams Delio. Good job arresting that knucklehead!

11-14-2007, 09:26 AM
so when does Chief Weinser take office??

11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
you guys are a joke, thats why no one respects the school boad as a police dept. this is going to cost

11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
No the joke is a fag ass reporter who refuses to take no for an answer, spends no time trying to interview any kids, then brgs on camera about how he is going to get arrested.

Then he lies about why he has gun on him and blames it on people that gave him "death threats." Just butch up dude and tell everyone that you always crry a gun on you. If he were to be invited into the school to meet the principal, would he have gone back to his car to place the gun? Of course not.

Classic case of an incompetent SAO who derives pleasure from going after the cops.

11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
where can we see the video to this?

11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
local10.com, all videos.

Watch it and decide at what point is the reporter still on official business?
Not the second time he comes back near school grounds, before he intends to get arrested and have the story caught on tape?

He never makes an attempt to talk to anyone about his official breaking story. He had chances to get some interviews across the street as the students dismissed. That was not his story?

11-16-2007, 02:08 PM
you guys at the School police (if you can call it police) need to be taken over by another Police Department.

11-18-2007, 04:44 AM
Your mother was a joke, yet I am sure you still called her mom?

11-19-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm kindly asking you to leave. Turn that camera off.

11-21-2007, 03:32 AM
i hear he did a good job of ripping the department at the school board meeting.
you guys better gear up for a good lawsuit.
that state attorney letter speaks for itself

11-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Is this the same letter where the SAO uses the word "mute," instead of "moot."

11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
that's your response.

moot-mute, how about this, NO ACTION. BAD ARREST.
hope it was worth it delio

11-22-2007, 01:49 AM
"Awwww, that baaaad powiceman viowated that poor weporters wights...."
"Ohhh, noooo, we're gonna get sued!!! Run and hide!!!" Go to sleep, little babies.

Come on, you bunch of homo-wannabe-attorneys. Delio did what he did and you know he's not losing any sleep over this. You bunch of cops (if that's what you are and not some cop haters) really should check your jocks for balls. Everybody has made a POP arrest at least ten times in his or her career. Comes with the territory. When you piss off the police (that's what "POP" is for you non-cops) you get hooked up and go to the dirtbag motel. And just in case anybody gets the itch to come around a school para comer mierda, and POP, then fuggit, you had it coming. Enjoy the ride. Don't feel bad for this channel 10 alphahotel, he knew what he was doing. Don't feel bad for Delio either, 'cause he'll kick your ass too if you wanna play. Come one, come all, free asswhuppins. The first ten troublemakers get free face-smashing. Try us. *****es. Whiny little coochies.:twisted: :roll: :x :evil:

11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
leave the juice alone killer...you have way to much roid rage

11-22-2007, 02:35 AM
lol :D

11-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Dear QSL, gee you speak like someone in this department that has probably shared some of these same comments in the presence of PO's in our department!!! Perhaps If I were to quote the late great YODA he would say something like this: "Hmmm, Some Sergeant\Officer passed up for a promotion I see, hmmm" Oh well, the future will reveal, the identity of you!"

Be strong young skywalker...Hesitation in this profession, your life it will cost!

11-23-2007, 01:23 AM
we are trained better. we know better. we look like fools.

reporter looks good in his field for standing his ground.

we look like idiots!

no i didn't get passed up. i'm just speaking the truth. someone needs to!

11-23-2007, 02:18 AM
You are speaking shhiiit, but its not the truth! Why not join channel 10, perhaps they need a good reporter, especially one WHO TELLS THE TRUTH!
Loser... :wink:

11-23-2007, 03:16 AM
say what you want. it is the truth. the video doesn't lie. PERIOD!
they have the video. we have nothing!
every cop i have talked to agrees.
this is a federal violation of this guys rights.

11-23-2007, 09:16 PM
This wont be settled on this forum, I won't respond anymore on this topic...Have a good life although I really doubt you will, your life probably sucks...

11-27-2007, 12:46 AM
heard officers who were QRU were in there today. heard no witnesses put the reporter ON school property. Sleepless nights delio?

11-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Chapter 810
BURGLARY AND TRESPASS

810.097 Trespass upon grounds or facilities of a school; penalties; arrest.--

(4) Any law enforcement officer may arrest either on or off the premises and without warrant any person the officer has probable cause for believing has committed the offense of trespass upon the grounds of a school facility. Such arrest shall not render the law enforcement officer criminally or civilly liable for false arrest, false imprisonment, or unlawful detention.

but you already knew that QSL, is that right. Sleep tight Delio...Great Job!

11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 810
YOU left out the most important part. legitimate business..

810.097 Trespass upon grounds or facilities of a school; penalties; arrest.--

(1) Any person who:

(a) Does not have legitimate business on the campus or any other authorization, license, or invitation to enter or remain upon school property; or

you can honestly say good job? 99 percent of us would have done it differently. by the way, the constitution supercedes state law. sleep tight delio. you made us all look like idiots.

11-29-2007, 01:23 AM
O.k...First let me say that I do NOT work for your department, however I am a P.I.O. for a local department in Miami-Dade. As this whole thing was unfolding I watched with complete amazment. I was stunned to see that your officer demonstraited such poor judjement. There was no reason why the officer should have asked this reporter to leave "shool grounds" when other citizens, according to the clips I saw, were allowed to stand in the same area unbothered. I hope that this officer does not get into trouble but, I do wish that all your officers receive some training as to where and when it is lawfull to ask a member of the media to leave a specific area.

Good luck!

11-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Well said PIO!!!!!!!

11-29-2007, 02:43 AM
finally some sense. but it's not coming from the miami dade schools police. that's the scary part. infact, we haven't been told a thing. what do i do if this a principal asks me to move the media. it has happened before.

11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
O.K. First things first, you as a law enforcement officer do not have the authority to remove a reporter from any scene where the general public is allowed to gongregate. This is why we always make sure that the crime scene tape encompasses a large enough area where both the general public and the media will have to stay out.

As far as a principal asking you to remove a reporter from school grounds, I beleive that this can be atributed to lack of knowledge on the principals part. If he or she is not well informed on what to do, perhaps they are looking for guidance from you. If this is the case, be prepared and informed and professionally explain to your principal what the law allows. In my experience the media normally will do what you ask them to do if you ask in a professional, assertive way and you are acting lawfully yourself.

The best defense against something like this happening again is to aquire as much knowledge about the do's and don'ts when it comes to media relations.

Your P.I.O. should be willing and able to go around to your different regions and put on a basic media relations course to better equip you guys with the knowledge needed in an effort to avoid this from happening again.

Remember the rule of thum is that the media is allowed to stand and or wonder where ever the general public is allowed to stand and or wonder.

Thank you!

11-30-2007, 01:10 AM
WELL SAID PIO. FINALLY SOME GOOD SENSE.

12-01-2007, 04:05 AM
So judging by this morons words, if a group of athiests wanted to talk to the kids after school about the dangers of believing in God, we should just let them right? After all, they have legitimate business to attend to. Who are we to dictate what legitimate business is?

If a group of transvestites wanted to walk around the school at dismissal on the side walk taking pictures of each other, then we should not have the audacity to remove them. After all, if the children are allowed to be there, then they should to. It is a free country right? They are just shooting pictures for a picture book they are creating. They have legitimate business to attend to right?

All of a sudden your comments ring hollow huh? Fact is that officers have a right to remove anyone they want from around the school. Whether or not the idiot reporter was on school grounds is irrelevant. When a cop tells you to go accross the street, you move. The dismissal process lasts half an hour. During that half hour or so, the police have a right to keep any "outsiders" out of the area. All we need are students jumping up and down around a camera jockying for position then getting hit by a car.

Telling a reporter to go a accross the street is not unreasonable. The reporter still would have had his pictures. He still would have had his interviews. Instead, the guy says on camera that he is about to get arrested and not once, on camera, does he attempt to interview one student.

Delio did a great job. 99% of reporters would have gone accross the street. But not this assshole. This guy wants to play whose dicck is bigger.

12-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow! Well I'm not here to tell anyone how to be a cop. Everyone has to answer for their decisions. Now, the law is the law. I didn't write the law I just know when you are allowed, legally, to ask a reporter to move and when you are not.

I guess you and your agency work under different rules, and don't have to follow the constitution. But most agencies in Miami-Dade do. To address your comments regarding the "atheist", and the "transvestites", where do you suggest that we draw the line? What if fat people want to promote lard? Or what if anorexic people want to promote vomiting? What about blacks or Hispanics or whites want to push their agenda? You get my point? Wow, I fell into your trap and I apologize. Your argument has nothing to do with a reporter congregating in a public area and being asked illegally to move. Oh and by the way, the States Attorneys Office didn’t file charges on the reporter. Do you know why? I’ll tell you. Because he did NOT violate any law.

To sum things up, Brother, you do what you need to do. All that I was trying to explain was the lawful way to deal with reporters on a scene, nothing more nothing less.

12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
ONCE AGAIN GOOD POINT SAID PIO. EXCELLENT LEADERSHIP AS PIO.

12-02-2007, 03:29 AM
You could tell when one makes a good argument. You know why? Becuase you can't get a straight answer. Listen PIO (which I'm pretty sure you are not, but I'll play along anyway), If what you say is true, then there should be no difference between a reporter, transvestite group, athiest, etc. To them, they all have legitimate business. Who are we to decide what "legitimate business" is right?

According to you, police are powerless to remove anyone from a sidewalk in front of a school. As long as they have LB, then they are free to carry out their business. I guess you have never heard of staging areas for media. Guess you missed that day when you were in "PIO" school. lol.

As for trhe other guy that keeps suucking your **** with his posts, come on brother, a little depth in your responses. Let's try to show everyone on here you are not a complete bafoon. There is still time to save your reputation. Again, Great Job Delio!

12-03-2007, 05:52 AM
"media staging area"?? No way. A media staging area is only for an active crime scene where we set up a place for the media to meet the pio.
As long as the media is behind the crime scene tape, they can be where ever they want. period!
in this case, there wasn't even a crime scene!
You can't just move citizens off a sidewalk.
we have a group of anti-abortion activists who hold pictures of dead fetus' up outside a tamarac elementary school. We can't do shit because they are on the public sidewalk just like everyone else, just like this reporter was.
ANY ONE WHO THINKS THIS WAS A "GOOD" ARREST, SHOULD TURN IN HIS/HER BADGE.
To even try to justify it is insane.
The Miami Dade Schools Police should be ashamed.

12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
LT. BSO, your post is right on point, however, it's meaning lost on the security guard mentality! Sadly, these are folks that could not get hired by MDPD, Miami or any of Miami-Dade County's major police agencies!

12-04-2007, 05:12 AM
No real cop would defend an idiot reporter with a gun trying to make his way into a school. Again, don't be bitter 'cause MDSPD didn't hire you. Don't hate on us, just hate the process. Wait a year and then try again. Good luck. lol

12-04-2007, 06:17 PM
No real cop would defend an idiot reporter with a gun trying to make his way into a school. Again, don't be bitter 'cause MDSPD didn't hire you. Don't hate on us, just hate the process. Wait a year and then try again. Good luck. lol

MDCPD didn't hire me? Please! Never applied, never will and don't need to! As to a real cop not defending an idiot reporter, can you be more idiotic? A real cop is a fair and objective professional, one that would not have arrested a television reporter for standing on the sidewalk, no matter how antagonistic he or she might be and for possession of a firearm for which the reporter had a valid CCF license! Get your facts straight, or have a more intelligent person explain it to you.

12-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Guest,

As you can see I have tried to politely explain the do’s and don’ts of dealing with the media in Miami-Dade or anywhere else for that matter but, I have encountered the same idiots that you did.

I was hoping that I can teach these guys some basic media relations skills however, I see now that some of the officers in this forum just choose not to pay much attention. I hope that the ones that continue to post irrational arguments on here will some day know that all that we are trying to do is to prevent another school board officer from making the same mistake that “Delio” made.

Arm yourself with knowledge and you won’t make the same mistake again.

12-04-2007, 11:19 PM
AS USUAL WELL SAID AGAIN PIO. COMMETS WITH TRUE MEANING.

12-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Your keyboard must have a bunch of letters busted, because all your answers are the same, and incredibly they all lick PIO's AASSS!!!

The SAO's office dropped the bomb on this one, I heard only one of the officers present were deposed. Whether its this case or another, I can only speak from my interactions with the SAO'S office, they don't seem as thorough, I guess its all in who you get?

12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
state dropped the ball? read this;

sounds like your officer dropped the ball!

PFC NOTES

Defendant: JEFFREY WEINSIER

Case No: F07-37081

Police Case #: 04351

DATE: 11/9/07

ASA: MAGGIE GERSON

RE: NO ACTION MEMO

This case was initially assigned to me on October 26, 2007. On October 23, 2007, the defendant Jeffrey Weinsier was arrested for Armed Trespass on School Property, Possession of a Weapon, Violation of Carrying a Concealed Weapon and Resisting Arrest Without Violence. After reviewing all applicable Florida Statutes with and/or against the pre-file notes taken from Officer Jimenez it was determined that the appropriate action in this case is to announce a No-Action.

The decision to No-Action this case is appropriate, first and foremost due to the fact that defendant was not on school grounds. This is evidenced by the video footage that was shot by the defendant’s cameraman while the situation was occurring. Therefore, due to the fact that the defendant was not on school property it cannot be said that the defendant was trespassing. Since the defendant was not trespassing, anything that was found on the defendant after he was arrested will be suppressed as a matter of law. This is a well-known proposition in the law.

As to the Resisting an Officer without Violence and/or, Failing to Obey a lawful command charge, the arrest may have been lawful had there been a lawful command. However, the command does not appear to be lawful in this case since being on the sidewalk in and of itself is not illegal. Additionally, other students/pedestrians are seen on the video footage on the same sidewalk as the defendant and they were not instructed to cross the street as the defendant was. The law and justice require equal application and cannot be individually selective.

The charges regarding Possession of a Firearm and Violating the Rules of Carrying a Concealed Weapon are mute due to the fact that the there was never a lawful command given. Thus, anything that is found on a defendant that may lead to further charges being added that stemmed from that wrongful arrest will be suppressed. This is a long-standing, well-established rule/law of criminal law and procedure. Also as a side note, the charge of Carrying a Concealed Weapon onto School Property would not apply since as stated above and as seen in the video footage, the defendant was not on school property.

I also took into consideration the 500ft School Safety Zone Statute. This statute essentially provides that any school property owned or leased by the school can be considered school property. Additionally, the statute provides in part that a person may be considered to be trespassing if they were not there for legitimate purposes. I determined that this is not applicable since it does not appear to be the defendant’s intent to harass or interfere with any school property besides covering his news story.

Finally, the charge of disrupting a school function was reviewed and examined. According to the information provided to me by the police officer and in review of this statute it does not seem applicable since none of the defendants actions while on the sidewalk 1) does not appear disruptive and 2) the children had already been dismissed when the defendant was arrested.

12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Jeffrey why are you taking this so personal? :wink:

12-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Next week we will have a remedial course for all MDSBP officers concerning the Constitution and how to appropriately deal with reporters who are lawfully covering a story OUTSIDE of school grounds. Delio and his defenders will be the guest speakers!!! :devil:

12-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't forget to invite the Pricipals, they are the ones that give the security guards their marching orders. :oops:

01-14-2008, 12:42 AM
http://www.local10.com/news/15014659/detail.html

see the raw video

I personally think you're officer showed a great deal of restraint. This reporter knew what he was doing especially when, on camera, he states keep the camera rolling because I am going to jail today."

Screw him and don't let your officer settle for less than this investigation being unfounded.

These types of scumbags are letting the public lose respect for us and the end result is tragic! As we have all seen we are dying on a daily basis nationwide. I would have 39'd his ass too. For not listening to a lawful command for "his" safety and for disordely conduct.

Stand by your officer 110% he did the right thing.
Please Stay safe my brothers.

01-29-2008, 01:05 AM
a few guys in our department were talking about the incident at lunch so i had to check it out myself.
watched the raw video on the net.
let me be clear. i don't like the media at all.
but you guys f-cked up on this one.
the guy was on the sidewalk and in a cross walk. he was no threat. if so to who?
come on, this gives us all a bad name.
you all better hope this never hits a jury.
no good cop can say that was a justified arrest.
over and way OUt!

01-29-2008, 03:32 AM
3 cops sued + the schoolboard... Geez Delio! Should have stayed home that day fatboy !

02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow. I thought we were the only School Police agency with idiot officers. You guys win the award.!! Your department like ours needs to be taken over by a real agency!!

02-02-2008, 06:17 AM
A dime won't come from any of the officer's pocket. Mark my word. We never pay. The schools system will settle. They always do. Maybe the idiot reporter with a gun will get $25,000. That's the standard payout.

Remember reporters, we never pay.