PDA

View Full Version : TOO QUIET

JMONEY1503
10-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Hello everyone,

I felt the need to write something, since nobody is talking on this forum.

Is their nothing going on with DOT?

No negative or positive topics?

Anyone work out of Fort Myers office?

I been assigned to that field once I'm out of the academy, and just wanted to know all that i can about it.

How's the cost of living down there? Is their a lot of overtime to be made?

Any feed backs would be appreciated.

10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Here is an idea, make your own decesions instead of asking someone to think for you! Rookies....

10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Here is an idea, make your own decesions instead of asking someone to think for you! Rookies....

Here's an idea, learn how to spell correctly(decisions), before making any comments!

Rookies... :lol:

11-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I been assigned to that field once I'm out of the academy, and just wanted to know all that i can about it.

The area is costly and the ft myers office seems to have problems keeping officers. Some of the officer(s) are okay but there are some you need to stay away from, hopefully you will weed them out on the first day. One thing I will suggest, their FTO's don't do anything by the book, so study and watch your own back because they will let you hang yourself. Oh, be prepare to follow your FTO around in separate cars, because they are to lazy to take anything out of theirs. Other than that best of luck and welcome aboard

11-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I too thought it was quiet for DOT........... I just thought that HQ was empty now that dees has driven all away. We just keep on weighing trucks and getting by. Has anyone acutally seen dees at all?

11-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Does anyone really care about Dees ?, he is a total joke just like Liford at Ag/Law. How do these agencies get idiots like them in these jobs ?. :oops:

11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
all boils down to who you know, like any other department.

dieselcop
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
It seems that every office is operated differently. No continuity what so ever. I guess no news is good news.

06-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone,

The area is costly and the ft myers office seems to have problems keeping officers. Some of the officer(s) are okay but there are some you need to stay away from, hopefully you will weed them out on the first day. One thing I will suggest, their FTO's don't do anything by the book, so study and watch your own back because they will let you hang yourself. Oh, be prepare to follow your FTO around in separate cars, because they are to lazy to take anything out of theirs. Other than that best of luck and welcome aboard

WOW!!!!!!! this post really disturbed me. Has anyone thought of stating this to upper management? the ultimate price will be paid by an innocent party if nothing is done.

dieselcop
06-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Welcome to FDOT. :lol:

06-11-2008, 12:04 AM
They don't care, were just a number.

GATORBAIT
06-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Have you been told when the DOT Academy Starts?

JMONEY1503
06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Have you been told when the DOT Academy Starts?

July 28th. In-service class #31.

GATORBAIT
06-16-2008, 10:50 PM
How many FDOT in your class ? What are they having you do from graduation to 7/28 ?

JMONEY1503
06-17-2008, 01:48 AM
How many FDOT in your class ? What are they having you do from graduation to 7/28 ?

Five of us. We're returning home to our field office.

06-17-2008, 01:03 PM
anyone know what the actual DOT part of the academy consists of? Brush up on high liability or all classroom/bookwork?

dieselcop
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
You may not have a job! Crist just signed an Executive Order by making ALL agencies cut their budgets by 4% on July 1, 2008. Good Luck.

GATORBAIT
06-18-2008, 12:24 AM
What a Grump

dieselcop
06-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Just telling it like it is.

06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I hope its your job dieselcop, you are such a wimp

GATORBAIT
06-20-2008, 08:26 PM
He's everywhere, He's everywhere....

06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
It's reality. The quickest way to cut a budget is to cut personnel. Besides, that I have seniority. What they may do is just hiring for now.

06-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Do not listen to that idiot. Just like last year, the State is releasing its money in 1/4's. But instead of the full 25%, the state gives 24% and holds back 1% each quarter. Most agencies can do without the 4%. then if it looks like a bad year, the state will hold all of it. But most likely we will get it all back by the end of the year. Your job is safe. Now, next year you may be in tan, but that ain't all bad. At least their colonel shows up for graduation.