PDA

View Full Version : GPS

10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Is it me or do the new computers and this GPS stink?
They try to buy these new computers that break all the time.
Ill keep my Panasonic until it dies.
Then when you ask for help only one person will take the time while the other is locked behind closed doors.

10-23-2007, 10:26 PM
:roll: It's called job secutiry my dear watson.

If the GPS is for officer safety purposes why don't the detectives, sro's have them. How about a pager sized one they can wear on their hips. Or maybe we can inplant one under the skin

(The FDA has concluded that Gps implanted under the skin is safe and effective against tampering. It also doesn't interfere with pregnancy :arrow: funny huh?

10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
While they are at they can implant the internal contraceptive in the females to avoid unwanted FMLA time.

10-24-2007, 02:22 AM
:roll: It's called job secutiry my dear watson.

If the GPS is for officer safety purposes why don't the detectives, sro's have them. How about a pager sized one they can wear on their hips. Or maybe we can inplant one under the skin

(The FDA has concluded that Gps implanted under the skin is safe and effective against tampering. It also doesn't interfere with pregnancy :arrow: funny huh?

Ding dong SRO's and Detectives are not allowed to have their computers on in their cars/trucks...no computer mounts. Check your information before you sound off.

10-24-2007, 05:05 AM
And on top of that they are usually (being the keyword) in an office building somewhere. They are usually (keyword again) not the ones responding to calls and pulling traffic stops all day/night.

51-94
10-24-2007, 05:17 AM
I personally think there are a few other steps we could take to improve officer safety that would be much more productive then an AVL.

Increase min staffing.

Make long guns more accessable.

Approve a uiniform that can be worn with a Tac-Vest.

Put breaks on our units that dont sound like nails on a chalk board.

Make Physical fitness standards.

Can any old-timers give an occasion where an AVL could have been used to save an officer who was in trouble? There may be one that I'm not aware of.

If the department wants to keep better track of us, thats fine. Just dont feed me shyte and tell me its a brownie.

FirstonScene
10-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Increase min staffing.

Put breaks on our units that dont sound like nails on a chalk board.

I second that!

10-24-2007, 05:28 AM
I personally think there are a few other steps we could take to improve officer safety that would be much more productive then an AVL.

Increase min staffing.

Put brakes on our units that dont sound like nails on a chalk board.

Can any old-timers give an occasion where an AVL could have been used to save an officer who was in trouble? There may be one that I'm not aware of.

If the department wants to keep better track of us, thats fine. Just dont feed me shyte and tell me its a brownie.

10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
An officer, who i will not name, was almost stabbed to death on the pkwy and could not advise location while he was being attacked...why are you all so worried about the GPS, if you work then it is a non issue

51-94
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
An officer, who i will not name, was almost stabbed to death on the pkwy and could not advise location while he was being attacked...why are you all so worried about the GPS, if you work then it is a non issue

Whose worried?

10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
You sound worried....don't feed me shyte and tell me its a brownie...don't collect a paycheck for a job you don't do

10-24-2007, 03:08 PM

Oh my god look its Houdini!

Guess what that Officer Advised when he went out with that sig 20. And all hell broke loose. Things happen on road patrol escpecially with junior officers though veterans alike are equally likely to fall victim. Thankfully citizens helped out when it was needed.

If I'm not mistaken road officers advise 10-8 and advise when out with an issue. I guess I missed the "key words" about the SRO's and Kilo units. You need to take the key genious and unlock your head and allow all the shit to flow out so you can think properly. Because you sit at a desk your not likely to have an emergency. Damn lets promote you to Grand Poobah. Read the message earlier concerning a pager sized GPS. Noone said anything about gps in the cars without mounts. Don't worry noone will take away your ability to come and go as you wish.

Which detail can be worked in unmark units again?

Show me signal 15 off campus (not sig. 15 here or there but just sig 15)

10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
First of all the name is R. Lee Emery you twit...i could read any of your sensless dribble after that.

10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
And with that it is time to move the decoy vehicles.

10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
And on top of that they are usually (being the keyword) in an office building somewhere. They are usually (keyword again) not the ones responding to calls and pulling traffic stops all day/night.

NEWSFLASH * * * Officers who sit behind a desk but still wear a badge and gun are not susceptible to danger therefore a GPS in unnecessary* * *

51-94
10-24-2007, 09:06 PM
You sound worried....don't feed me shyte and tell me its a brownie...don't collect a paycheck for a job you don't do

Actually I really dont care about the AVL and contrary to your statement I do earn my check. Being that you have no ability to reason let me break down my analogy for you.

The AVL has nothing to do with officer safety. Its a tool that can be used by the department to relieve them of liability in case of an accident or similar situation. Remember the kid in FTL that got shyte canned for hitting the hooker? The Dept would most likley have faced a major lawsuit from her family (if she had one) unless they can prove he was acting out of policy. The Dept used the AVL to wash their hands of him and he is now facing charges.

I am willing to bet our AVL's are going to burn someone before they save someone.

The same thing with this new electronic signature on policys. If someone gets caught slipping and the Department thinks they may be liable, they are going to wash their hand of you. You were well aware of the policy because you signed for it.

These are all tools the Dept will use in the future to take the liability off of the Dept and place it on the cop.

Now, back to my analogy. What I should have said, so you were able to comprehend was... If you want to puy AVL's in our units, fine, its your unit and I'm just using it. Just dont act like your doing me a favor when its going to be used to micro-manage or used as evidence against me .

10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
i comprehended you just fine youngster...you are the master of all things obvious!!!!!!!!Of course that is what it is for...part of doing your job means following policy and procedure...the reason we have things like this now is because of people who feel the need to go 90 mph to a delayed 21 or initiate a felony traffic stop on a signal 9 when the vehicle is occupied by a father and his 2 infant children. Would you want to be responsible for this OFFICER of the YEAR???? WE CREATE OUR OWN PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-24-2007, 11:26 PM
AVL, is a tool for the Fatties of the Department, to micro manage from the best vantage point they can have. Sitting on their @$$es in the A/C while the road patrol guys are working their behinds off going call to call. So, Not only do they have citizens and scumbags to deal with, they have to worry about why their Sgt is asking about why they are in a certain place for too long. Ummmm, Maybe cause I'm knee deep in paper, just a guess. They just say it's for "Officer Saftey" to give it a title.

Well Bottom line is this...Back in the Day, Oldtimer, cops used to back other cops. Nowadays, all everyone wants to do is screw everybody else over. Whatever it takes to get to the top, I guess.

10-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey here is a funny fact the city owns the patrol cars we drive everyday, its not your name on the trunk. If they want AVL's then they have the right install them, just like you have the right not to take that car home. Safety or accountability who cares I enjoy not driving my personal vehicle and paying $$$$$$ for gas just to get to work.

10-25-2007, 01:04 AM
WOW, It must be nice driving your unmarked, Captain!

51-94
10-25-2007, 03:36 AM
i comprehended you just fine youngster...you are the master of all things obvious!!!!!!!!Of course that is what it is for...part of doing your job means following policy and procedure...the reason we have things like this now is because of people who feel the need to go 90 mph to a delayed 21 or initiate a felony traffic stop on a signal 9 when the vehicle is occupied by a father and his 2 infant children. Would you want to be responsible for this OFFICER of the YEAR???? WE CREATE OUR OWN PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so in other words...you agree with my post. Before, you tried to trash me and labled me as a slug for stating a fact that you are in agreement with. Now, you are elaborating on the fact that my statement was accurate.

By the way, do you recommend that we approach a Sig 9 casually?

51-94
10-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Hey here is a funny fact the city owns the patrol cars we drive everyday, its not your name on the trunk. If they want AVL's then they have the right install them, just like you have the right not to take that car home. Safety or accountability who cares I enjoy not driving my personal vehicle and paying $$$$$$ for gas just to get to work.

Yeah, I said that already.

10-25-2007, 10:31 AM

ummmm who are we exactly talkin about here? and sgt reyka was killed checking on a sig 9 tag for your obvious 43 so should we walk up all nice and flexed like 210....

10-25-2007, 10:32 AM

ummmm who are we exactly talkin about here? and sgt reyka was killed checking on a sig 9 tag for your obvious 43 so should we walk up all nice and flexed like 210....

10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
This is directed towards NOTSO

1) Don't hate because this is like your 3rd or 4th career and this is my FIRST and im living the good life

2) I dont have x-ray capabilities to see to small children in the large backseat of a cadillac deville. on top of that the tag belonged on another car and the owner was a 50 year old white lady from pines and not a 20 year old hispanic dude that was pulling into the trailer park off into dade county

3) I know who you are! just a shame you post under anonymity.

4) This website is a joke first and last post goodbye

10-25-2007, 11:25 AM
3rd or 4th career...notso my friend....tried 1st and omly...and you do know me 350...but I am probably not who you think!!!!

10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't care about having the GPS system because it tells me the sunset and sunrise times and my current elevation.

I just wish they wouldn't make it so obvious. I'd recommend the next time they have us bent over holding our ankles they just slide it in secretively.

But then again we would know do to they already have small members that's why they need to micro manage.

Is ramrod monty v? :wink:

10-25-2007, 11:27 PM

Actually I really dont care about the AVL and contrary to your statement I do earn my check. Being that you have no ability to reason let me break down my analogy for you.

The AVL has nothing to do with officer safety. Its a tool that can be used by the department to relieve them of liability in case of an accident or similar situation. Remember the kid in FTL that got shyte canned for hitting the hooker? The Dept would most likley have faced a major lawsuit from her family (if she had one) unless they can prove he was acting out of policy. The Dept used the AVL to wash their hands of him and he is now facing charges.

I am willing to bet our AVL's are going to burn someone before they save someone.

The same thing with this new electronic signature on policys. If someone gets caught slipping and the Department thinks they may be liable, they are going to wash their hand of you. You were well aware of the policy because you signed for it.

These are all tools the Dept will use in the future to take the liability off of the Dept and place it on the cop.

Now, back to my analogy. What I should have said, so you were able to comprehend was... If you want to puy AVL's in our units, fine, its your unit and I'm just using it. Just dont act like your doing me a favor when its going to be used to micro-manage or used as evidence against me .

No AVL is necessary to find the speed of a vehicle prior to collision. It is included in the vehicles electronic event recorder. This has been used in many cases in criminal court and civil court. You just keep on with your conspiracy theory propaganda though. Do your job = collect a paycheck.

10-26-2007, 12:25 AM

NEWSFLASH * * * Officers who sit behind a desk but still wear a badge and gun are not susceptible to danger therefore a GPS in unnecessary* * *

Yeah, they are not actually officers at all, have no clue what goes on the road, and should do us all a favor and retire...atleast lose some weight, they look terrible, unprofessional, and ignorant. Go to the executive gym and quit hiring friends as a PIO and carry your own damn golfclubs. Quit sitting around and see how they are going to screw good officers and sergeants. By the way, I am in the BLUE, because I am contributing...Now write a policy for that. :roll:

51-94
10-26-2007, 02:41 AM
[

No AVL is necessary to find the speed of a vehicle prior to collision. It is included in the vehicles electronic event recorder. This has been used in many cases in criminal court and civil court. You just keep on with your conspiracy theory propaganda though. Do your job = collect a paycheck.[/quote]

conspiracy theory
n.
A theory seeking to explain a disputed case or matter as a plot by a secret group or alliance rather than an individual or isolated act.

10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
WOW! 51-94 has a dictionary!!!!!!!!

Look up this word for me.....sphincter.

51-94
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Urethral sphincter: The muscular mechanism that controls the retention and release of notso from the bladder. There are, in fact, two urethral sphincters:

Internal sphincter: Part of the muscular bladder wall acts as the internal urethral sphincter and prevents notso from leaving the bladder to enter the urethra. This sphincter cannot be willfully controlled but is under automatic (involuntary) control by the brain.
External sphincter: A layer of muscle, called the urogenital diaphragm, supplies support for the contents of the pelvis and acts as the external urethral sphincter. It provides a second means of stopping the escape of notso from the body. This sphincter is under voluntary control

Now beat it company man, I mean, notso

10-26-2007, 05:55 PM
wow you should have been a doctor...bet you sit all night in your squad car studying up on GPS, AVL and Sphincters. You are the sphincter expert. I wish I knew who you were so in case I ever had a sphincter malfunction, be it voluntary or involuntary, I could call you and you could direct me on how to cram something up my sphincter so as to stop the flow. I'm sure you have had plenty of practice doing that.

51-94
10-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Actually you should read a little closer. I bet you had no idea the sphincter played such a vital role in your life :lol:

10-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Urethral sphincter: The muscular mechanism that controls the retention and release of notso from the bladder. There are, in fact, two urethral sphincters:

Internal sphincter: Part of the muscular bladder wall acts as the internal urethral sphincter and prevents notso from leaving the bladder to enter the urethra. This sphincter cannot be willfully controlled but is under automatic (involuntary) control by the brain.
External sphincter: A layer of muscle, called the urogenital diaphragm, supplies support for the contents of the pelvis and acts as the external urethral sphincter. It provides a second means of stopping the escape of notso from the body. This sphincter is under voluntary control

Ladies and gentleman 51-94 is a trues a$$man

10-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Ladies and gentleman 51-94 is a true a$$man

10-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I could call you and you could direct me on how to cram something up my sphincter.

Wow this forum is taking a whole new turn. Now the brass want us to direct them how how to F*ck themselves. I'm impressed, usually it's the other way around.

10-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Look up this word for me.....sphincter.

Ladies and Gentlemen....It's looks to me like notso is "@$$man". Maybe he has some sort of freaky hobbies. He probably likes to stick large pieces of furniture is his arse too...(That's from the Jerky Boys for those of you who don't get it...)

51-94
10-26-2007, 11:26 PM
He will have no idea. As he stated, this is the only job he has ever had. Which means he has no life experience outside of this job. Plus by his posts he is either brass or just a real company man. So, most likely he is either watching the GPS or listening to his radio on his free time.

He also must have been a slug when he was a officer or is a slug now if he bashes someone doing a high risk stop on a suspect vehicle. Even if it turns out to be the wrong one. Anyone who works will do it one time or another.

11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
While they are at they can implant the internal contraceptive in the females to avoid unwanted FMLA time.

Maybe your mom should have been implanted with internal contraceptive before she had you!