PDA

View Full Version : shifts

10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
can anyone advise what shifts road patrol works 8's, 10's or 12's?

10-22-2007, 07:49 PM
12's. Four days on, three days off, three days on, Four days off. Except for District 4 which has some gig going which involves rotating weekends.

Curios George
10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I think D4 has the best shift going!

10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
How does your D4 work their shifts?

veteranrookie
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
It's rotating 12's, for example:

Friday- on
Saturday- on
Sunday- on
Monday- off
Tuesday- off
Wednesday- on
Thursday-on
Friday-off
Saturday-off
Sunday-off

and so on and so forth....

The jail has the same shift schedules. So if you're new to the agency and are starting in our jail this is the schedule you will work. It's not a bad deal because every other weekend you're off.

Would be nice to see all of Patrol go to this schedule (this comment is for anyone with influence who could change the schedule).

10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I agree with veteranrookie!!

10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
As a counter point, it should be noted that if you have certain things that you do on certain days of the week, the rotating 12s will likely disturb your private life. If you coach sports, attend classes, etc. you will not have the same days off week to week.

It would have turned my life upside down and I voted against it. The majority of the agency did as well. I thought it was a horrible schedule for anyone who's family and social calendar didn't revolve around trying to get a weekend off.

veteranrookie
10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Fair&Balanced, good point.

I looked at it from a different angle though. When I worked the jail schedule I would only be away from my wife, at the most, 3 days in a row. On the flipside of the week I would get an uninterrupted weekend with her because she, of course, works a normal M-F 8-5 job.

The 4 on 3 off seems to keep you away from home for a longer period of time including part of every weekend. You walk in the house and the old lady is like, " Who is this strange guy who just sleeps here?"