PDA

View Full Version : Election

10-21-2007, 10:50 PM
There is a new Sheriff in town. Mike Taylor retired from FDLE and is running for Clay County Sheriff. He is doing well and picking up a lot of support. Keep up the good work Mike, I mean Sheriff!

10-23-2007, 12:58 AM
You all better really do your homework on Mike Taylor. You may find out he is not really what he claims to be.

I don't know your current sheriff or his administration. I do know Mike Taylor. There is an old adage, "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know."

Check all your sources about him from Jax to Miami to Tallahassee and all the way to Lakeland. Just be informed before you throw all your loyalties his way.

11-01-2007, 03:29 AM
I am shocked that someone would throw trash at a guy like Mike Taylor with no substance to back it up. I have personally worked with him for several years. He is exactly what he says he is. FDLE wont take you unless you are squeaky clean. He was on the Governor's Details, that requires a spotless file. Nice try visitor who ever you are. Looks like you should do your homework and check your own sources. If he were not the real deal, I don't think so many cops from around this area and the rest of the state would be supporting him financially.

11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Visitor, your comments don't deserve a reply. But, Mike Taylor does deserve a response of support. I have known Mike Taylor since he moved here. He is everything he says he is and then some. It has been my priviledge to work with him and he'll do a fine job when he wins. Obviously you have some personal issue that should be addressed elsewhere. Mike, good luck! We're pulling for you. The only thing the visitor said that does make sense it to check Mike out from Jax to Lakeland. I did when we met. He's always been a professional.

11-01-2007, 11:51 PM
You are mistaken and hostile at someone who is just trying to recommend that you get your facts straight.

Taylor was hired into FDLE's POS section under Governor Chiles because he did not qualify for a regular agent position. He only had a few years at Polk County SO and did not have a degree. POS is actually where FDLE starts their marginally qualified agents.

His personal views on many topics may surprise you and could significantly hamper his ability to be the best candidate for sheriff.

I would hope that CCSO reps and the media ask him some poignant questions to solicit his answers. Then I would check his answers against the facts.

You can attack "my post" if you like. My efforts are just to get you thinking about "your future, not mine." Good luck.

11-02-2007, 04:14 AM
When Mike Taylor was hired by FDLE, he was offered two positions as a Special Agent, one under SAC Jim Sewell in Tampa to continue working Major Drug cases in Hillsborough and Polk Counties. A short time later, he was offered a position as a Special Agent by SAC Jamie McLaughlin in the Protective Operations Section in Tallahassee. Mike chose to work for SAS Scotty Sanderson in POS for an opportunity of a lifetime. You are correct. He had not completed his degree, during a time when FDLE required a degree by all special agent applicants. Think about what you are saying. He either knew someone or had a tremendous amount of experience that made up the difference. Nice try again. I am not being hostile, I have just done my homework. I met the man personally and I am proud to support him.

At his retirement I watched US Attorney Brian Kane praise Mike Taylor as a fine man and quality law enforcement officer who had done much for this state. I also heard Mr. Kane present Mike with the highest compliments he could bring from US Circuit Court Judge Jim Klindt who said again "Mike Taylor was a fine man".

I also watched his former SAC Dominick Pape do the same and spoke highly about his days in Miami as well as Jacksonville and praised Mike as a go to guy. It is certainly no secret the I have become a Mike Taylor supporter. But, it is a shame that the best you can offer is he did not have a degree when he was hired by FDLE 10 years ago.

Also, if he was so marginally qualified when he started at FDLE, how do you suppose that after 2 years in Tallahassee working the Protection details and only 2 years in Miami working in the field he was promoted to Special Agent Supervisor. He was promoted to SAS in one of the fastest promotion tracks in FDLE history. Yes sir, I have done my homework. There is no hostility here, just support for a fine law man.

11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Who ever wrote Mike Taylor wasn't qualified for a regular agent position does not know what they are talking about....Sorry Mr. Mike was hired as a Special Agent. FDLE has a Special Agent Trainee position for members that do not qualify for entry as Special Agents. You should also check your facts about the POS detail. The majority of the high ranking members of the Agency worked the POS detail. In fact, Mike trained Mark Perez, the current Chief of Executive Investigations who was also hired by FDLE and started his career in POS. Dennis Nordstrom is an SAS in the panhandle, who came from POS. Scott Grant is a Lt. in Capitol Police who also came from POS. Rich Zenuch (a retired Lt. with Gainesville PD) started his FDLE career in POS also. Oh yea, after working for several years at FDLE in POS and later the Office of Statewide Investigations, Rick is now the Chief of Medicaid fraud with the Attorney General's Office.

Finally, Mike wrote the training manual that has been adopted by FDLE for training all Special Agents on Major Drug Investigations in our Special Agent Training Academy. He taught over 30% of all FDLE's special agents over the past 4 years. He also brought about a change in FDLE's training in all areas of instruction, as they adopted his methodology of curriculum delivery.

This information will most likely not change the mind of the guest who seems to not like Mike for some reason (or better yet is a Rick supporter and is scratching at anything he can find to discredit a dedicated professional). So, my post is not intended to change your mind. My post is intended to set the record straight that marginally qualified candidates are made SAT's. That program has been around for many years and started before Mike was hired. Yet, he was hired as a Special Agent. The POS detail is a unit that boasts of at least half of its past members as current or past supervisors. And the previous post about Mike's promotion was correct. He was promoted with barely 2 years out of the Mansion. How's that for qualifications and respect amongst the Department. By the way, promotions come from a strenuous process including a test, oral board, presentation, mock disciplinary session and finally an interview with the SAC from the region where you are seeking the promotion. Finally, the Commissioner must bless the selection. Not a good ole boy system by any stretch.

Mike good luck we are behind you!

11-02-2007, 09:14 PM
My conscious is clear. Good luck to you all. :)

11-02-2007, 09:58 PM
PCSO Deputy Sheriff Terry Corn came to us from US Customs as a Federal Special Agent. FDLE recruited Terry as a Special Agent right into the POS Detail. Terry is now a Special Agent Supervisor in Tampa.

PCSO Deputy Sheriff Brad Dando was recruited into the POS Detail from PCSO. Brad is now an FBI Special Agent.

PCSO Deputy Sheriff Larry Carr was recruited into the POS Detail from PCSO. Larry is now an FBI Special Agent.

PCSO Deputy Sheriff Mike Taylor was recruited into the POS Detail from PCSO. Mike just retired from FDLE as a Special Agent Supervisor and is running for Clay County Sheriff).

Looks like some quality folks that have made us proud to be from Polk County. Looks to me like the POS Detail seeks that type of person for such a high profile position.

11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
If you know Mike then you know that he most likely wrote all of the favorable posts himself.

11-19-2007, 03:39 AM
You know it. The details in the posts are so precisely written, it's most obvious that only Mike would know them and take the time to make such a scene.

While some of what he said is true, its not the whole truth, and it is exactly what I have been trying to say. He has a long history of clouding fact with fiction. CCSO, be careful!!!

11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Mr. Guest 2262, which is greater respect than you have given my friend, the truth is Mike is a friend of mine and we both have friends and family in Polk. I am glad you recognize detail. It is easy for me to ask the questions since we have history. As well, it should be very easy for anyone seeking the truth to prove what I have written. In fact, anyone with real interest should give Mike a call and not hide behind anonymous internet blogs. He is certainly more professional than that. Mike deserved a response but I won't bother with this blog any longer since your agenda is obvious and has never been supported by any facts. My friends and I have provided sufficient material for anyone real professional to investigate for themeselves.