PDA

View Full Version : What can we do?

51-94
10-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Im curious what would have to be done to raise the minimum staffing.

Is it something we as officers in a union can do? I think this is a serious issue that should be addressed.

Its great when Y units are on the road. Even though they do their own thing at least you know you have a good 94 and pro-active work is being done.

With min staffing, if there are 2 calls east side that require a 94 there is one guy left hangin with no 94 if he needs one. West is worse with nobody on the road.

It seems like call volumes are higher and the road is shorter. We have no presence in the city right now.

23C5
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
We can first start off by listening to the radio and not going 51-10, or 51-40 when everyone else is 10-06. Stop canceling your 10-94, if there is no one available maybe that ticket isnt worth getting shot over. The next thing is to watch my back and Ill watch yours, we are all in this together.

10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Yankee units?? Proactive in traffic stops only/.. And as far as cancelling your 94's. Lets see if a unit is coming from 3 miles away in bumper to bumper taffic what good is it. You know what's ironic. A sierra unit can go 50 all day long in their unmarked (against policy may I add) but never goes 97/94 for 10-50. Interesting huh? Good to think about. Misd arrest, tickets and wattant arrests will get you recognition or atleast a detectives position just ask marvelous mark st.

10-21-2007, 01:10 PM
It really not that hard. Move most of the SRO's back to the road. CPTC are just there to be the chiefs personal secretary. If the chief would stop trying to please every resident so he won’t look bad we would have more time to work.

The department I came from had the command staff do the pio duties. I have never seen more people assigned to other agencies units and do nothing. If we take these people and move them back to the road it will be the largest squad with manpower twice as much as what we have now.

We have too much waste and it will be like this until there is a change. The union can only complain and has but like everything else nothing happens. The problem is at the top where they have no clue what we need or do out here.

10-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Yankee units?? Proactive in traffic stops only/.. And as far as cancelling your 94's. Lets see if a unit is coming from 3 miles away in bumper to bumper taffic what good is it. You know what's ironic. A sierra unit can go 50 all day long in their unmarked (against policy may I add) but never goes 97/94 for 10-50. Interesting huh? Good to think about. Misd arrest, tickets and wattant arrests will get you recognition or atleast a detectives position just ask marvelous mark st.

If you think you can do a better job at it, then maybe you should come work as a yankee unit. And please tell me the policy# that says going 10-50 in an unmarked is against policy. Cause if that is the case I guess detectives, south broward, unmarked traffic cars, and undercover vehicles are not allowed to make traffic stops. Trust me when I tell you that us yankee units are salivating at the opportunity to do more. We are limited by our chain of command. Every time we try to do something we get slapped in the face and told no. The big "L" word is why they are afraid to let us do what we really need to do.

10-21-2007, 02:00 PM
These are to most accurate comments I have read. Some other nut tried to say Maj RB was the best in Admin. He is the one that limits all of us in what we do. He blames everything on CALEA. The dude has no idea how to do police work. Just look at his resume. 1 year as a raod cop 20 years ago, then in DB to sgt in IA then capt in IA and MAjor in IA. Where is the road time? None. Thats why we struggle out here. Name one person on that command staff that know what the road is like? See you in a month after you are done trying to figure that one out.

PUT SOMEONE IN CHARGE THAT KNOWS WHAT WE DO OUT HERE!

10-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Don't bash Y2-Y9, they are good people. Lets look at the last time the yke units did something really "street crimes" style. They set up on a gang meeting in a local park, chased a gang member into dade (along with their supervisor who was in actively engaged in a pursuit in an unmarked vehicle-NOW THAT IS A LITTLE 10-31) and then caught the bad guy (a gang member who's name won't be mentioned here because he is still in jail and part of an ongoing investigation). They were given an "atta boy" and told to come in the office to sign their written reprimand (except for their sgt. who was part of the pursuit but was not written up). But hey guys, go out there and catch some more bad guys in your marked units.

10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Cpt. P and Maj. B would be my choice. Yes everybody has their quirks but these two are in their positions because they were too proactive. Casually ask them if they would rather be in charge of the road people and see their response.

10-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Cpt. P and Maj. B would be my choice. Yes everybody has their quirks but these two are in their positions because they were too proactive. Casually ask them if they would rather be in charge of the road people and see their response.
That's affirmative!

10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
finally we all agree on something :D :D :D

10-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Read our policy on 10-50 in unmarked units wonderful one. The report back and let everyone know what it is? Can't unless special (like you) circumstances exist. Who cares what sbdtf or any other agency does.

Y1 quit flexing your schedule to work details.

SNAFU
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
You want to improve staffing on the road, I'll tell you how. Get the union, not just the Miramar reps, but the PBA to come to commission meetings and complain about officer safety. Yeah there are some budget issues with all the property tax reform non-sense, but police and fire is not where the cuts need to be made.

The city forced the PD to cut almost twenty vacant positions. And when the admin told them they would have to pull the SRO's and CPTC's back to the road, the commission had no problem with that. But as soon as a couple of parents show up to a commission meeting with signs the mayor and commission put a stop to those moves.

If it worked for them it can work for us. There might be a no-strike provision but there isn't a no come to the commission meeting and complain provision. Stop doing all your complaining here and do some where it will make a difference! The PBA reps need to step up and organize this fight.

10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Read our policy on 10-50 in unmarked units wonderful one. The report back and let everyone know what it is? Can't unless special (like you) circumstances exist. Who cares what sbdtf or any other agency does.

Well maybe you can help me out with a specific # because I went through and could not find a policy which specifies that. Maybe I missed it. :?:

10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
A voice with reason, I say lets put the city on notice. Its time to put back those cut postions (cops) and dump the high salary postions at city hall that are all politial promotions.

Where is our leader standing up for us as well????

10-22-2007, 03:23 AM
At the commisioners 54 cricket those are at the PD. The man himself and 3 majors.

10-22-2007, 03:29 AM

Well maybe you can help me out with a specific # because I went through and could not find a policy which specifies that. Maybe I missed it. :?:

:idea:

Look again and if you can't find it Say please and ill help you out with a specific quote from your policy manual.

Ps. Your leader is a politician remember that.

10-22-2007, 03:29 AM

Look again and if you can't find it Say please and ill help you out with a specific quote from your policy manual.

Ps. Your leader is a politician remember that.

10-22-2007, 03:36 AM
[quote="I say yahoo":1i927qx9]Read our policy on 10-50 in unmarked units wonderful one. The report back and let everyone know what it is? Can't unless special (like you) circumstances exist. Who cares what sbdtf or any other agency does.

Ps. Your leader is a politician remember that.[/quote:1i927qx9]Yeah I looked and couldn't find it, that's why I asked the first time.

jen
10-22-2007, 03:38 AM
tony, you forgot to say "please" Mr. anonymous policy finder will not tell you unless you beg.

10-22-2007, 03:45 AM
:o go to bed jen. Just don't fool around before hand we'd all hate to do your job again for another 9 months. While you prep for your future.

jen
10-22-2007, 03:50 AM
wow. jealous that I'm happy here? maybe we can be sgts together :D :D And your miserable self can continue to take pot shots anonymously. Looking forward to it.

10-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Can she say please pick me for sergeant any harder!

jen
10-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Can she say please pick me for sergeant any harder!

oooo please please please!!!! I wanna be picked for a position that doesn't exist.

once again, get your facts straight. You must be new. oh yeah, who knows cuz you're ANONYMOUS.

10-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Sorry for the delayed response but I was trying to get pregnant( just joking). Seroiusly you must be bipolar because at work you say one thing and here something totally different.

10-22-2007, 06:02 AM
damn can we stop with the pregnant cheapshots and keep it clean here..... instead of biting eachothers heads off we should be discussing the administration or etc...

and Jen only had 1 with our dept. theres another person that comes to mind that has like 5 kids JB who both work nights.. not bad mouthing anyone just fact

10-22-2007, 06:03 AM
damn can we stop with the pregnant cheapshots and keep it clean here..... instead of biting eachothers heads off we should be discussing the administration or etc...

and Jen only had 1 with our dept. theres another person that comes to mind that has like 5 kids JB who both work nights.. not bad mouthing anyone just fact

10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
[quote="noclue2"]Yankee units?? Proactive in traffic stops only/..

In the Shitty of Miramar we dont have a street level drug or prostitution trade (yet). We have some foot traffic and the Y units are constantly going out with people on foot. We have parks that you hear them going out with people at. Whenever they put a operation together that will combat serious, violent crime, they get shut down.

Of course they do alot of traffic . We work in a suburban enviorment where a motor vehicle is primary transportation. The bad guy has to travel. Most recent large drug busts in the Shitty came from traffic. People have arrested guys with Sig 5 warrants on traffic stops. Traffic enforcement obviously can lead to good arrests.

What would you do if you were in a unit where whatever you do is scrutinized by the brass and the road.

They are told: You are not a VIN unit
You are not a Robbery unit
You are not a T-unit
Your not a gang unit.

So what does that make them if they dont respond to calls? To me it sounds like they are hung out to dry, struggling to find a place in a Department that doesnt empower them.

10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
My question is.... Why should we make arrests, write tickets, eat in hurry, try to clear calls ASAP to get to the 5 calls holding and be proactive to look forward to getting into what specialized unit SRO????

people want to be proactive as a regular police officer with the hopes of using that knowledge and experience towards getting into a so called street crimes unit.

Everyone in safestreets went into the unit thinking it was going to be a kick ass unit. All the Y units are awesome people that work!! Unfortunately the most ACTIVE OFFICERS IN THE DEPARTMENT GOT SHUT DOWN WHILE 21 SRO's sit at a desk for 8 hours in the AC.

Why would certain Y units make 15 arrests a month as a patrol officer just to get into safe streets to make none and be held to as a HIGH VISIBILITY DETURRENT.

P.S. By the way your BDU's are too intimidating they have too many. pockets~ 8)

51-94
10-22-2007, 09:46 AM
The post before the last was mine.

I see your point. We are damned if you do damned if you dont.

The bottom line is...I took this job for a reason not too many do anymore, to have fun and take the bad guy to jail. I think everone who takes the job for this reason has the same goal...to get on a pro-active unit that gives us that adrenalin rush we yern for. For most Departments that is a Street Crimes Unit.

Its unfortunate the department has its priority's mixed up. If I did'nt know any better I would think the Cheif was running for Mayor.

With violent crime on the rise, why would his focus be CPTC and SRO?

My gripe with this Department is that we dont fight back.

10-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Good luck getting to Sgt Jen....once you get there you'll realize the extra money isn't worth the aggravation...be responsible for 6 to 8 people of which atleast 4 will not give a crap about what they do and can not be motivated otherwise....like I said good luck...(this is not directed at you)

The bottom line is Chief M has maybe 4 yrs left here and then he is gonna retire so he will take the path of least resistance with the City Commision, the Mayor and the little midget who sits in Shangrai La on Red Rd (Bobby Payton)

10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Your biggest road block is a thing called Managerial Rights in the contract. And it doesn't matter what you say or do on alot of topics. So if the administration wants to include the cleaning service people towards manpower to make up the minimum staffing they can.

10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Exactly...don't forget that CPTC's and Traffic units on the road count towards the almighty minimum number on the road...by the way that number hasn't changed since like 1989 even though the city has grown a tad since then.

10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I heard the Chief walked into the safe streets office the other day and asked them why they haven't generated more complaints. He also said they should be more like Hollywood's street crimes unit who are in plain clothes and unmarked cars. He has no clue what is going on here because by the time info reaches him, it has been filtered through the rest of the command staff into nothing.

10-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree please list the facts only on any issue. Those who keep bashing jen please stop! She probably only has post partum depression and isn't aware what she is saying.

10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
my manic half laughed out loud :D but seriously, I don't mind being the scapegoat for all of the whiners to insult. I'm a big girl, I can take it. as long as it gets people going in the right direction of making positive changes.

A few of us are putting together a proposal to present to the chief about creating a new recruitment team since the current team seems to be static. If you would like to help us, you can call or email me. but please, wear your happy face.

med
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Been reading the bickering and it is funny how the cloak of anonymity gives gutless people the ability to throw darts at others.

10-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Med, which I suppose is your legal name on your drivers license. There is nothing wrong about the anonymity here. If anything this is a good place to vent instead of climbing the water tower. If you look beyond the bickering and jibing there is a common ground here. We want to better our working conditions so we can like to do what we love, our jobs. Isn't that right Count of Monte Cristo ( Jen).

med
10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
nope not legal name...just initials which aren't to hard to figure out bright light. I just don't understand the whole "I can't voice my opinion if somebody knows it belongs to me" routine.

10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
i agree with you, road guy. we are on common ground. if you wish to remain anonymous, that is your choice. and i LOVE edmond dantes :P

10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
A new recruitment team? Lets see you have a few supporters or should I call them sympathizers and you're the model miramar officer. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm shocked will someone please open their eyes. Do you remember all of the volunteers that looked at the dosge chargers and other vehicles and designs? What happened? The admin (rightfully so) made the choice they had.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wake up and smell the roses! But do it quietly because others are watching and listening. :twisted:

10-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Can one of our esteemed comrades in the Safe Streets unit, which do a great job given the constraints (or should I say restraints) they work under, confirm if the CHIEF walked in and said those things?????

If he did then maybe there is hope.

10-23-2007, 01:58 AM
No he did not say THOSE things. He said something similar in nature which someone has apparently overheard and taken out of context. He said that he was proud of our safe streets unit for not generating complaints. Keep in mind that some people on this site are just using it to provoke others and spark a freaking riot. This will probably be my last post on here because some people are getting out of control. I have heard that another department was actually mentioned in the newpaper for being one of the worst places to work because of posts made on this forum. I guess if that is the type of rumors people want to be started about this department then have at it. I don't want any part of it.

10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Didn't think he did, don't blame you for feeling that way...the same people on here being so negative are the same people we see at work everyday nudging there noses in someone's posterior.

10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Confusious says "the one who do the most work probably will have the most complaints"

Little crickets in safe streets quit being a static unit and be proactive (has crime I mean violent crime increased over the past year?)

10-23-2007, 12:07 PM
You should really back off the Safe Streets unit...they are not any happier than anyone else about what they are not allowed to do (atleast that is what they have said, I am not in the unit and do not want to speak on their behalf)

Confusios was senile and also said "elevator smells very different to midget!!!!!!!!!"

10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Man who keep feet firmly on ground have trouble putting on pants. :shock:

10-25-2007, 04:58 AM
The real problem with the department is:

1) some of the higher ups i.e. DW, ID666, RD just to name a couple. Its bad when you have an entire squad want to kill one of their own because they are talked down to like dogs. There is also no need to have your entire squad redo their stats just because a number is missing at the bottom of the page. Talk about a superiority complex, what crawled up your arse, we are not 10 year olds. Also be fair across the board don't say one thing then change your mind cuz that officer pissed you off. Why do people get off on acting like they are tough shyte when they are not and all that does is make everyone miserable. RD is out does that mean DW and 666 are next, gives me some hope. Also giving JS aka D21 a squad will just not work. BTW when did Pine Island run into Miramar...hmm.

2) i know the old timers have put in their time but don't dodge calls. If you want to go to sleep thats fine but handle your shyte, don't just look at the CAD and stay 10-6 on a call waiting till someone else gets dispatched to it. We have all caught on to the game, do your job, handle your shyte and respond as 94 if you say you will otherwise don't show up to roll call.

3) micro management doesn't work Have faith that your officers know what they are doing. We need more sgts like ML, and bring back TT.

4) the "L" word is not the word to be afraid of. So what if a shyte bag who has 10 41-0's on their record complains. We need to go back to the unwritten rule. You commit a crime you get your arse beat then go to jail. The TERM you should be afraid of is "OFFICER DOWN". Speed up the new hire process we are getting slammed out there, we need people now!

5) leave the Y, and G units alone. They do the best goddamn job they can considering they have both hands and a leg tied behind their backs. BTW did i mention they were blindfolded. Also, Too many pockets?!... if that is true then damn i didn't know we had to wipe the bad guys arses too. Police are supposed to be intimidating...its called crime prevention.

6) SRO's need dells? ok if you say so. Maybe just the ones who actually arrest people in the high schools.

7) since when do Citizens On Patrol need brand new cars and radars. Lets give them re-striped 400 cars and use that money to get officers equipment they need i.e long rifles, and the new holsters and leather you want them to wear. Geez even the Z units dont have new cars and they actually handle calls.

8.) I know we need people but when a goddamn K unit practically steals a Plasma and certain officers lie about things, aren't those grounds for termination. I guess integrity gets you no where but if you don't care about it you get to be a K unit or a sgt.

9) if a call comes in at 10-19, maybe the west side units should handle calls in their zones and east side handle the calls for the east. don't just send 6 zone to handle the entire east and west side. Honestly is it fair that 7 zone had to handle a major incident in 2 zone just because they came to the station. WTF is that shyte!!!!??!?!?!?

I have only been here a short time and I am here by choice but maybe not for long if things like this keep up. I like a lot of the people that work here as people but I hate working along side them and I love my job but I hate coming in to work sometimes. The fact that your either part of the click or not pisses me off...what kind of BS is that. We are not in high school although lately I feel like I never left it. This department has a lot of potential, but a lot of its attention is in areas it doesn't need to be. Reassess your needs. road patrol is the backbone of the dept but it is treated worst.

10-25-2007, 01:39 PM

1) some of the higher ups i.e. DW, ID666, RD just to name a couple. Its bad when you have an entire squad want to kill one of their own because they are talked down to like dogs. There is also no need to have your entire squad redo their stats just because a number is missing at the bottom of the page. Talk about a superiority complex, what crawled up your arse, we are not 10 year olds. Also be fair across the board don't say one thing then change your mind cuz that officer pissed you off. Why do people get off on acting like they are tough shyte when they are not and all that does is make everyone miserable. RD is out does that mean DW and 666 are next, gives me some hope. Also giving JS aka D21 a squad will just not work. BTW when did Pine Island run into Miramar...hmm.

2) i know the old timers have put in their time but don't dodge calls. If you want to go to sleep thats fine but handle your shyte, don't just look at the CAD and stay 10-6 on a call waiting till someone else gets dispatched to it. We have all caught on to the game, do your job, handle your shyte and respond as 94 if you say you will otherwise don't show up to roll call.

3) micro management doesn't work Have faith that your officers know what they are doing. We need more sgts like ML, and bring back TT.

4) the "L" word is not the word to be afraid of. So what if a shyte bag who has 10 41-0's on their record complains. We need to go back to the unwritten rule. You commit a crime you get your arse beat then go to jail. The TERM you should be afraid of is "OFFICER DOWN". Speed up the new hire process we are getting slammed out there, we need people now!

5) leave the Y, and G units alone. They do the best goddamn job they can considering they have both hands and a leg tied behind their backs. BTW did i mention they were blindfolded. Also, Too many pockets?!... if that is true then darn i didn't know we had to wipe the bad guys arses too. Police are supposed to be intimidating...its called crime prevention.

6) SRO's need dells? ok if you say so. Maybe just the ones who actually arrest people in the high schools.

7) since when do Citizens On Patrol need brand new cars and radars. Lets give them re-striped 400 cars and use that money to get officers equipment they need i.e long rifles, and the new holsters and leather you want them to wear. Geez even the Z units dont have new cars and they actually handle calls.

8.) I know we need people but when a goddamn K unit practically steals a Plasma and certain officers lie about things, aren't those grounds for termination. I guess integrity gets you no where but if you don't care about it you get to be a K unit or a sgt.

9) if a call comes in at 10-19, maybe the west side units should handle calls in their zones and east side handle the calls for the east. don't just send 6 zone to handle the entire east and west side. Honestly is it fair that 7 zone had to handle a major incident in 2 zone just because they came to the station. WTF is that shyte!!!!??!?!?!?

I have only been here a short time and I am here by choice but maybe not for long if things like this keep up. I like a lot of the people that work here as people but I hate working along side them and I love my job but I hate coming in to work sometimes. The fact that your either part of the click or not pisses me off...what kind of BS is that. We are not in high school although lately I feel like I never left it. This department has a lot of potential, but a lot of its attention is in areas it doesn't need to be. Reassess your needs. road patrol is the backbone of the dept but it is treated worst.

1) The admin and the union knows about the harrasment from DW and 666 and does nothing. By having them admit there is a problem would confirm the department and higher ups are at fault for the problem to begin with.

2) its better getting to a call safe and using a well thought out approach rather than going all out (kamikazee style) . Experience says a lot!

3) if you're not with them you're against them. That's their mentality100%

4) don't lose your job over some dirtbag. They unfortunately have rights and the tv cameras may be on them during the day but the 6oclock news may have your face plastered all over the place. Want a full career in law enforcement .... don't do anything stupid like that it makes us all look bad.

5)If we need to save money why not do it where it wount affect the dept ability to operate. Y and G units are a good start. But if you Y unit want to flex your time whenever your sgt feels the need you can do that as road patrollers too. (Who cares about the contract and the work schedule change policies)

*funny how when the city had the massive burglary and 41strong arm 's occuring an no Y units worked days? Oh I see you can onky flex for afternoon/midnight ops.. (Would hate to cut into your court time OT)

6) its not about intimidating new guy its about knowing your community and zone and using discretion.

7) why do SRO's need dells? Only 3 or 4 out of the 21 (or has it increased to 30 now) actually have their computers on? Save the money on the dells.

8) good point but it makes money sense so next issue please.

9) Not true about the K and the PLASMA it was a LCD!

Quit *****in get seniority and time on and bid on another zone. We've all been there. 4 guys on mids, 8 on charlie shift, stinger when all hell has broken loose. Having to do a written report for all 49's, Backing up district 1 when they had 4 guys working that whole area too. And so on and so on!

What's peanuts sierra unit #
*talk about a bad holloween prank.

10-25-2007, 02:24 PM

I agree with most of what you have said except this. These cars were purchased on a grant, and the city didn't pay for them. The citizens on patrol have given up their free time and the time with their families to come out here and try to help us. Think about it for a second. These people are trying to HELP us fight crime. What benefit are they getting by riding around in a car without and weapon or vest? Hoping to see a crime in progress so they can call it in to us and maybe clean up the neighborhoods they live in.

I have to say that if I were a COP I would not want to ride around in a stinky old police car that breaks down every time I come in for free. The cars they had were breaking down every time that would go out on patrol. They even offered to take them to a local service shop and have them repaired out of their own pocket just so they didn't have to wait for the garage to fix it. They also wanted to get ballistic vests because some of them are trained in writing parking tickets. Can you blame them? Look how some of these people treat us and we have guns and vests.

Instead of giving these dedicated individuals a hard time while they are out there trying to help us, give them a thanks. I am not an administrator, but someone who knows a few of these COP and appreciates them.

10-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I agree 100%. They are huge supporters and help us a lot in our cause. I appreciate that.

10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I never said lets give them crappy equipment. I just said re-striped 400, not 300's. Some of those 400's run better than alot of the newer cars LOL. I did not know those cars were purchased on grants and if so i rightfully apologize. I really don't think they can write radar tickets though. If they do then ok kool.

Also I am not *****ing about time in or seniority but still man do your job. I have some seniority here but its kinda hard to avoid those people when they are dispatched as 94 or say they will be 51-94. Retire already if you don't want to be here...some of us actually do.

I never said micro management was about intimidation. But let the officers do their jobs. Most of them do know how to do it.

10-25-2007, 11:10 PM

Please re-read this quote and notice how what you say is in direct conflict with common sense. Don't sleep at work, if you do don't work in a zone next to mine. I want to know I can count on you. Maybe people sleeping at work and other people that don't handle their calls are the ones that need micro management? And coincidentally some of the biggest complainers! Suck it up, we get paid pretty damn good for this. I worked in 2 other departments that had it worse. This place is not that bad.

10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
These are to most accurate comments I have read. Some other nut tried to say Maj RB was the best in Admin. He is the one that limits all of us in what we do. He blames everything on CALEA. The dude has no idea how to do police work. Just look at his resume. 1 year as a raod cop 20 years ago, then in DB to sgt in IA then capt in IA and MAjor in IA. Where is the road time? None. Thats why we struggle out here. Name one person on that command staff that know what the road is like? See you in a month after you are done trying to figure that one out.

PUT SOMEONE IN CHARGE THAT KNOWS WHAT WE DO OUT HERE!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-26-2007, 01:58 AM
you know who the micro management is for and the handle your shyte is for the slugs. The micro managers don't bother the slugs but bother the other officers actually working

10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
you know who the micro management is for and the handle your shyte is for the slugs. The micro managers don't bother the slugs but bother the other officers actually working

Of course that's how it is...Back when they were fresh newbies they had little books and wrote in it everything they could about everyone when someone did something f*cked up. And now that they are slugs they can do whatever it is that they want because they have the dirt on their "Supervisors". That's why they don't get bothered....It makes perfect sense. That's why MA doesn't have to sign the policies when he reviews them, all were written because of him....That's why PL can go 40 when there are 10 calls holding and his squad is in the weeds and dodge all the calls in his zone....That's why JB got into SRO who is scared of his own shadow and might be our Sgt soon.....OMG the thought makes me shudder...The list really could go on but I you get the Jist....

10-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Please remain anonymous whtever because if you don't I will never be able to look at you without thinking about the retarded brother in There's Something About Mary!!!!!!!!!!! What a dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Natasha has nothing to add... she called in 67 again today!

10-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Please remain anonymous whtever because if you don't I will never be able to look at you without thinking about the retarded brother in There's Something About Mary!!!!!!!!!!! What a dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe WhtEvr stuck a nerve, notso....I think that they are only stating the obvious. There are slugs out there that get treated better than people who are out there actually working and busting their humps....I think that 51-94 needs to look up the word "INTEGRITY" for everyone so they can have a little refresher....

11-10-2007, 02:25 AM
in·teg·ri·ty (n-tgr-t)
n.
1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

11-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Ok....who told the COPs that we needed their help writing parking tickets? They jus want to be in on the action (wanna be cops!1)..Besides, what about the one that was fired for using the "n" word? and u think they deserve new cars? For what? And yes what about our z units that bust their tales when they come to work only to get slapped in the face? D*mit find them a grant then!!!! They are well deserving of newer cars, brand new cars if you ask me. I am appreciative of them, that's who i appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a raise too... you got code enforcement that can't even use the radio making more than them, but that is our fearless leader's fault too!

11-11-2007, 03:51 AM
I know Jody from when she use to do ride alongs with us back in the days. I will tell you what you do not have to like her tone or attitude but she will get right on top of things when you need it. I worked midnights and charlie shift for a while and talk about giving you a call history at a residence and othe further information she is on it. I like our dispatchers and just like you they all have bad days just like us. I like dispatchers with attitudes at least they get the job done. I can't understand why poeple are so sensitive about the dispatcher when you have citizens on the street telling you what a piece of cr-p you are or how you are racist. Since when did we become so this skined.

I have been around a long time and I have see jody and other cross reference calls gine information on BOLO's that mathc your traffic stop and so forth. There are some officers I can't understand in our department talking on the radio or talking to fast. I think part of trainning people should have to go to CDC and work along side of a dispatcher then you might truely appreciate them. Our job is not easy sometimes but nither is theirs. Just like when you here them laughing in the background and you here a police yelp when some keys up. It goes both ways but we need each other to survive.

11-16-2007, 02:36 AM

The above was written by A Bit Newbie and I am going to go right at him or her. Unless you know the full story about how the cars were purchased for the COP Program which by the way Chief Standley is highly supportive of you need to apologize to them all. BTW the cars were purchased on a GRANT, not city money and I will tell you every time the men and women who VOLUNTEER would go to patrol this city the old cars that were used and mistreated by the Road Patrol had issues. Then on top of it all they would sit at the city garage for weeks to months on end and when we did finally get them back they were worse off before they went in. So I applaude the city in getting the COP VOLUNTEERS new vehicles and the next time they go out with you so you can clear to go handle a HIGH priority call then you ought to thank them, unless you want to milk the call until someone else goes because you dont want to get your hands dirty.

11-16-2007, 02:45 AM
We don’t need volunteers we need cops to protect the public. How about we get rid of OOOna and send her and all her aarp peps to city hall to volunteer. All these people want to do is drive around and act like cops. A few of them are good people but most are nuts that we have to fire anyway. Remember 666 is in charge of them and they like him so take that hint. The only reason the chief is so supportive is he needs the PR to keep his job. The cars were not bought with a grant. If you watch the commission meetings or maybe you are not a resident like some of us they were bought with money cops seized from drugs.

11-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Ok....who told the COPs that we needed their help writing parking tickets? They jus want to be in on the action (wanna be cops!1)..Besides, what about the one that was fired for using the "n" word? and u think they deserve new cars? For what? And yes what about our z units that bust their tales when they come to work only to get slapped in the face? D*mit find them a grant then!!!! They are well deserving of newer cars, brand new cars if you ask me. I am appreciative of them, that's who i appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a raise too... you got code enforcement that can't even use the radio making more than them, but that is our fearless leader's fault too!

OK Givmabrk who asked you to bash the COP program. Those that took the training in writing parking tickets did so to further advance the program, not because the members felt that they needed to assist sworn law enforcement officers in issuing tickets. The cars were purchased on a GRANT and Chief Standley is highly supportive of the COP program and you should be too. Unfortunately this department will never truly experience how a COP program can benefit from them because not everybody from the Chief down to the newest officer believes in the program and that is what it takes to make a Citizen on Patrol program be successful. I have witnessed first hand what a true COP program is suppose to be run like. In fact the program I was a part of had an operating budget as a line item in their departments yearly budget. I dont see that ever happening here because again this department doesnt truly believe in the program although to the members faces they(the upper management) put on a great show.

11-16-2007, 03:49 AM
Then please go to where they have an operating budget and leave. On the way out can you give the keys to your new non grant money cars to a CSA who really needs them. We dont need your help, it just creates more work for us. They could use help in public works or the parks. They have pelnty of golf carts to drive I hear.

Sorry for telling you how it is. Deal with it thats life in police work, sorry.

11-16-2007, 04:57 AM
These COP volunteers come out here and help us fight crime in their neighborhoods. Last time I checked the crime stats here are on a constant climb. Your probably the first whiney ass to cry about how the road is so understaffed and you can't do your job. But here you are saying that "we don't need your help?" Speak for yourself idiot, we need all the help we can get. Thanks COP's, most of us appreciate your help.

11-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Then please go to where they have an operating budget and leave. On the way out can you give the keys to your new non grant money cars to a CSA who really needs them. We dont need your help, it just creates more work for us. They could use help in public works or the parks. They have pelnty of golf carts to drive I hear.

Sorry for telling you how it is. Deal with it thats life in police work, sorry.

Oh believe you me I would get the FuXX out of here if only I could. Newbe you are such a whinny Axx. How many times did you have to respond because a Whiskey unit needed a 94. Most of them avoid confrontation at all cost. Your right you may not need their help but they dont need to be run down by you either. BTW life in police work needs volunteers to complete the whole team. I know of an agency where the COP volunteers are quite highly respected and do more for their agency than you can ever imagine but its people like you that make COP programs die before they ever get started. You dont believe in them and that is your right but you are very insulting and you need to grow a set and go tell Chief that you dont want them around.