PDA

View Full Version : why is everyone so negative?

10-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Everyone needs to go work at Pinecrest for a couple of years then come back here and see if you still feel this place is bad.

10-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Well if I could get pregnant, then go on light duty for a while and then take off for a few months then I guess most of us wouldn't complain. Or better yet get right out of the academy and get pregnant and take time off before going to FTO then I guess I wouldn't complain again. Don't be naive because I know your not. This department has problems, some big and some small. As well as other departments, but I'm not going to look somewhere else. Because this is my department not the imbeciles who come here for awhile.

23C5
10-21-2007, 01:48 AM
:roll: Jelous that they got time to sit behind the desk or some other job for 9+ months? Look at most of the posts, looks like some of you have too much free time while at work. Thats why the PD's IP address was flagged by the site administrator DUH! And congrats on that great score on the exam Jen, see you at the assesment center next week.

10-21-2007, 01:54 AM
DONT WORRY GUYS YOUR IP ADDRESS IS SAFE WITH LEOAFFAIRS.......NO ONE CAN GET IT...SOME HAVE TRIED AND FAILED. POST YOUR THOUGHTS, OPINIONS, AND IDEAS W/O CONCERN OR FEAR OF RETALIATION.

SEE TERM OF USE FOR FURTHER INFO. 8)

10-21-2007, 03:45 AM
cant we all just get along

10-21-2007, 03:52 AM
Why are you hating on that girl because she got pregnant? I am willing to bet that it was not intentional. And she probably had to keep it a secret until she was graduated from the academy so she could secure insurance benefits and know that they weren't going to fire her before she went to FTO. Just my guess. I came to this job to be out on the streets, not be on light duty for 7 or 8 months. If your jealous that she was on light duty and you were not, maybe you should find a desk job.

And yes this department does have problems for the record. Everyone knows this. Every department has it's share. The problem here is that too many people are whining about this and that, but they do nothing to become part of the solution. They don't vote when the PBA asks them to. They don't file a grievance when they should. They don't give an exit interview to say "this is why I am leaving" so they could maybe spark a little bit of change for the fellow officers still working here. Or better yet, when they go to their probation hearing and they are given an opportunity to say something they are too scared. Last time I checked there was an open door policy- if you have a problem then man up and go say something. Or, just sit back and complain and keep dealing with the same problems.

MOD 1
10-21-2007, 04:22 AM
:roll: Jelous that they got time to sit behind the desk or some other job for 9+ months? Look at most of the posts, looks like some of you have too much free time while at work. Thats why the PD's IP address was flagged by the site administrator DUH! And congrats on that great score on the exam Jen, see you at the assesment center next week.

I guess I have to say it again, IT WAS NOT A WORK COMPUTER. It was a residential IP address.

Mod 1

10-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Even if it was an accident it doesn't negate the fact that it makes the road patrol short another person. Also, an accident is when you trip and fall. When a person does certain things with the possibility of getting pregnant as a result, then it's a little bit more than an oops! And as far as speaking up about situations on the job, well it's been done before and it falls on deaf ears. The head man has had his time here and now it's time for him to seek other endeavors elsewhere. Time to stir the pot with new ingredients.

10-21-2007, 06:08 AM
[quote="Road Guy"]Well if I could get pregnant, then go on light duty for a while and then take off for a few months then I guess most of us wouldn't complain. quote]

If you would like to gain 55 pounds, endure 18 hours of excrutiating pain where drugs do not help then 8 weeks of constant bleeding, not to mention permanent scars, then I will gladly let you have my next child. I thank God that I had a job that let me continue to work and keep my insurance benefits while I suffered 10 months of a hellish PLANNED pregnancy.

And while I was sitting behind that desk on light duty, I was learning all of the policies which helped me pass the Sgt's exam. When I become Sgt, you can be on my squad and I will let you go on light duty. :D When you stop pulling the "pregnant female" card then you can help me make a positive difference.

10-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Some of the stuff I have seen lately like a brand new take home waiting for someone who isnt even off of FTO is ridiculous. Favoritism, and how it is practiced by most of this command staff is a morale killer.

10-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Time for a reality check...

For Road Guy...if your momma hadn't become pregnant then you wouldn't be here to wine. It is a part of life so deal with it.

Good luck on your assesment Jen, you'll do fine.

It is obvious that some of us have never had to deal with any other type of employment...if you had then you would realize that the problems and issues in this place are nothing that doesn't go on in corporate America. Trust someone who wasted 13 yrs in corporate America this place ain't perfect but it is better than most.

People complain about being short on the road but salivate at the overtime they get...can't have your cake and eat it to.

And oh by the way if you are so miserable then leave, ain't nobody forcin you to stay. :!:

10-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Don't be naive because I know your not. .

You know I am not naive? Do you really know? You don't know me at all because if you did, you would know that I hated being pregnant and I hated being on light duty.

I hope you are lucky enough to have a woman willing to carry your children that has a decent job that allows her to continue receiving a paycheck and health benefits which will ease your financial burden.

But I guess there is no sense in arguing with someone who wont post their real name.

51-94
10-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Actually "Jen", what it seems like to me is you are using this message board as a tool to further your career. You know Admin reads it. You post your name so everyone knows who you are. Then you defend the department (that you know is soft) so you seem like a real team player. You are making yourself out to be exactly what this department wants...another do-boy/girl. Its a great strategy, just makes you seem real fake.

Its a coincidence that the people who are easily identified and are defending the department just so happen to be looking to become SGT and go to DB. Coincidence? Dont think so.

10-21-2007, 10:26 AM
B-81 51 for 10-7

10-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Actually "Jen", what it seems like to me is you are using this message board as a tool to further your career. You know Admin reads it. You post your name so everyone knows who you are. Then you defend the department (that you know is soft) so you seem like a real team player. You are making yourself out to be exactly what this department wants...another do-boy/girl. Its a great strategy, just makes you seem real fake.

Its a coincidence that the people who are easily identified and are defending the department just so happen to be looking to become SGT and go to DB. Coincidence? Dont think so.

Or how about the fact that they are man/woman enough to say who they are because they don't care what others think? I know that you can't make everyone happy, and I am not defending the department. I am trying to make sense out of non-sense. How do you expect these young officers to want to stay around here and not go elsewhere when all they hear is old timers complaining about this or that? The people complaining are probably someone who handles a few calls a day, drives a brand new police car, has a radar, a rifle, and a brand new laptop. Maybe if you got your head out of the dirt and focused more on the positive things here, you wouldn't be so ovewhelmed with the bad.

Yes we have some sh^%tty administrators, and we have some good ones. Maybe gwendolyn boyd should come back and be chief. Wonder if people would be happy then. Look at Miami PD chief who made their department look stupid. Or Hollywood Chief who just resigned after that whole scandal. Sheriff Ken Jenne? Every place has their shi&*y administrators, you just have to try and steer clear of their path of destruction.

As far as getting a brand new car off FTO, well I am pretty sure that when people get hired here they are told that if they live in the city they get a new car. Now maybe that officer should not have got it right off of FTO, but they did say if you move here you get a new car.

And for the girl getting pregnant, women will most likely have a child at some point in their life. Whether it is now or then is sometimes unpredictable. But to say that they shouldn't have "relations" so they don't risk the possibility of getting pregnant because the road is short is ridiculous. Every unit in this department is short, maybe with the exception of SRO (which is a joke to me). But hey, Davie PD doesn't even have a street crimes unit.

10-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I can’t believe you are complaining that we go new cars right out of FTO. That means that you must have had a car. I have never seen a place that takes care of everyone right down to the newbe's like me with equipment. One thing I def can’t complain about here is they have better equipment than anywhere else. New radars, laptop and a car to drive. I bet it always hasn’t been like that here.

Enough if the woman bashing for getting pregnant. Half of you would be right there taking some of that action if it were offered. At least gen knows her baby daddy. And yes she works so leave her alone.

10-21-2007, 03:16 PM
You have equipment because of Cpt. P and he is one of the few who is proactive and is stuck in that position which is good but we need him back on the road. Plus, I was not bashing a woman for being pregnant. And I'm sure being pregnant is hard but as you said you had time to study your policies for the test. What I said before applies to other people on light duty also. It all boils down to not having enough good people on the road. And 23C5 look at your first sentence and walk the walk.

10-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello Miramar brother & sister's!

I read your forum and am floored at all of the complaints of how horrible it is to work at your PD. Why would any of you stay in this terrible environment? Let me tell you that it is no better in many other departments. Each has morale problems and problem supervisors. I have worked at a few different places, state and local, and can tell you that each had their own problems as well as good points. I can tell you after 20+ years in LE that things have changed for our profession. We have many outside influences on how we can do our jobs, some good and some bad. We also have different employees now, with different needs. The bottom line is that it is not up to your department to make you happy every day at work, it is all up to you. It is a matter of your perspective and how you deal with the changes in our profession. If all you do is focus on the problems then that will be all you will see. Listen, I see that your agency has some leadership problems, but many do. You can effect change from any level. Anyone can be a leader. Be part of the solution and quit just complaining about what is wrong. When you look back after 20 years you will recognize that some (not all) of those issues were petty and not worth getting upset about. Take care of yourselves and all of your brother & sister officers. Be careful, be honorable, and remember why you chose this profession in the first place. Many officers before you made great sacrifices to help you obtain your stature, honor them and their memory by taking an active part in making our profession better. After all is said and done we have to look out for each other and make sure we all go home safe at the end of the day. Be careful out there!
LEO

jen
10-21-2007, 06:11 PM
actually I was not studying for the Sgts test three years ago when I was on light duty. I was working in the CALEA office and had to learn all of the policies to help this place pass inspection and keep its accredidation. If you knew me then you would have known that. anything else?

10-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I was responding to the first line of your second paragraph. Look and see.

"And while I was sitting behind that desk on light duty, I was learning all of the policies which helped me pass the Sgt's exam."

10-22-2007, 12:51 AM
I for one have to agree that jen is truely working on her propaganda strategy. Jen let me tell you something keep you're friends close. They don't care if your ass kiss. You're a number like the rest of us. A number like the rest of us (maybe it'll sink in the second time) obviosly a female does get pregnant. I'm glad my spouse did and all of my children are healthy and happy. Though I would be concerned that every female that has put in for a specialized unit over the last 2 years has gotten the position. (Makes you wonder huh? ) is it the admin thinks you're the best qualified ( all 2 plus yrs of exp) or do they think you can't handled police work. This isn't focused to just you but all the females that have ben placed in the last 2 years. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. He may have throat cancer.

10-22-2007, 01:42 AM
I agree with 23y5. As far as people living in the city getting new cars, they should get them. But not while they are stil on FTO and you have people who have been here driving a car with 100 thousand plus.

This place isn't Camelot but it isn't Hialeah either.

jen
10-22-2007, 02:47 AM
I for one have to agree that jen is truely working on her propaganda strategy. Jen let me tell you something keep you're friends close. They don't care if your ass kiss. You're a number like the rest of us.

I guess a comment like that should bother me but it doesn't because I realize that you are obviously someone who doesn't know me or what my agenda is. Have you ever thought that maybe people try to get into specialized units or promoted because they want to better themselves or the department by making positive changes? You should stop being so disgruntled and start figuring out how you can make a difference to make yourself feel better. Who's ass am I kissing? Last time I checked the people that make the sgt's list don't know our names. Did you ever think that maybe I like it here? I've said it before and I'll say it again...Miramar is heaven compared to Pinecrest. Sure there are problems here, but at least I am trying to do something about them instead of complaining anonymously and making false assumptions about other people without knowing any facts.

10-22-2007, 03:07 AM
I was responding to the first line of your second paragraph. Look and see.

"And while I was sitting behind that desk on light duty, I was learning all of the policies which helped me pass the Sgt's exam." :D

Road guy. You are so correct! Well not actually you she actually admitted she utilized her time behind a desk getting an advantage while she was supposed to be helping out the department. I can't even read her script without having to remind myself she's not standing in front of me whining. I've surprised there's no policy about woman getting pregnant here.

jen
10-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Road guy. You are so correct! Well not actually you she actually admitted she utilized her time behind a desk getting an advantage while she was supposed to be helping out the department. I can't even read her script without having to remind myself she's not standing in front of me whining. I've surprised there's no policy about woman getting pregnant here.

I hope you are not as dumb as that comment makes you sound. Who are you?

10-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Hello Miramar brother & sister's!

I read your forum and am floored at all of the complaints of how horrible it is to work at your PD. Why would any of you stay in this terrible environment? Let me tell you that it is no better in many other departments. Each has morale problems and problem supervisors. I have worked at a few different places, state and local, and can tell you that each had their own problems as well as good points. I can tell you after 20+ years in LE that things have changed for our profession. We have many outside influences on how we can do our jobs, some good and some bad. We also have different employees now, with different needs. The bottom line is that it is not up to your department to make you happy every day at work, it is all up to you. It is a matter of your perspective and how you deal with the changes in our profession. If all you do is focus on the problems then that will be all you will see. Listen, I see that your agency has some leadership problems, but many do. You can effect change from any level. Anyone can be a leader. Be part of the solution and quit just complaining about what is wrong. When you look back after 20 years you will recognize that some (not all) of those issues were petty and not worth getting upset about. Take care of yourselves and all of your brother & sister officers. Be careful, be honorable, and remember why you chose this profession in the first place. Many officers before you made great sacrifices to help you obtain your stature, honor them and their memory by taking an active part in making our profession better. After all is said and done we have to look out for each other and make sure we all go home safe at the end of the day. Be careful out there!
LEO

Long timer you have some good points. Though I must add that in this day and age its no longer a bedroom community in most of our neighborhoods. Its more like a war zone. The department that we both started with have changed tremendously. No longer is it about protecting and serving in the purest sense. Its about politics, big business and cut throat tactics. I think its important to back each other always and keep in mind that were all in this together. Though unlike the officers of past. Its up to the new bred to motivate change and speak up. And do so without the threat of intimidation. Be safe brother!

10-22-2007, 06:21 AM
YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!!!!

how major DD could be in charge of the AVL or GPS program lol...... Years ago he got popped by the media for going to see his girlfriend on duty out of the city lol......

but NO!!!! the gps we have is not accurate and I get a phone call wanting to know why im not in my zone or in the atlantic driving 165mph

10-22-2007, 08:08 AM

how major DD could be in charge of the AVL or GPS program lol...... Years ago he got popped by the media for going to see his girlfriend on duty out of the city lol......

but NO!!!! the gps we have is not accurate and I get a phone call wanting to know why im not in my zone or in the atlantic driving 165mph

Departmental Hipocracy at its best!!!

10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Everyone one upstairs has skeletons on them...they all have enough dirt on each other that if one goes he/she can take everyone else down with them...that is why they are all still here...

Do as I say, not as I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Someone please tell me what type of dirt Pound for Pound has on the administration to still be here.

10-22-2007, 04:08 PM
He gives them all good deals on used plasma tv's.

10-23-2007, 01:08 AM
He gives them all good deals on used plasma tv's.

Normally your comments are obnoxious, childish and whiny. But I have got to hand this one to you....that was funny!

10-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks Hoffa that really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.... :lol:

jen
10-24-2007, 03:58 AM
hello all,

after much self-analysis, i have realized that i have answered my own question which started this thread of discussion. ("why is everyone so negative" in case you forgot.) i had to remind myself that if this message board were about pinecrest, i would be way more negative than all of the whiners put together. so i concede to all that hate miramar. you obviously have your reasons for being unhappy, as i had my share at pinecrest. in fact, they are probably the same reasons. hopefully one day you will be as lucky as the five of us who got out of that place and you will get to be in a department that you like. in the meantime, if there is anything i can do to make your stay here better, please let me know. (i'm not trying to sound sarcastic, i really mean it.) and please dont respond with "stop posting." i know you all love it when i respond. but sadly, this thing is way too addictive and i must quit cold turkey; hence the subject of this message. adeiu. i wish everyone who continues to read and post the best!

president/sergeant/bipolar/countess jen :wink:

10-24-2007, 04:03 AM
Long live JEN!! today we celebrate our independance day!!!

10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
jen just realized that when she has puckered her way to sgt all the unhappy people will be working for....nice recovery

10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Just have a thought maybe she isn't sucking for sgt. Maybe its for DB

Thank the good lord she won't be responding anymore. She'll have plenty of time for work and showing up for a union meeting.

10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
ST can you stay after tonight with me and discuss the contract.

Possible union inquiry to follow

*I would like to see puke bags in all city vehicles and building next to the AED's*

10-25-2007, 10:53 PM
hello all,

after much self-analysis, i have realized that i have answered my own question which started this thread of discussion. ("why is everyone so negative" in case you forgot.) i had to remind myself that if this message board were about pinecrest, i would be way more negative than all of the whiners put together. so i concede to all that hate miramar. you obviously have your reasons for being unhappy, as i had my share at pinecrest. in fact, they are probably the same reasons. hopefully one day you will be as lucky as the five of us who got out of that place and you will get to be in a department that you like. in the meantime, if there is anything i can do to make your stay here better, please let me know. (i'm not trying to sound sarcastic, i really mean it.) and please dont respond with "stop posting." i know you all love it when i respond. but sadly, this thing is way too addictive and i must quit cold turkey; hence the subject of this message. adeiu. i wish everyone who continues to read and post the best!

president/sergeant/bipolar/countess jen :wink:

speaking of jen...A girl's best asset is her 'lie'ability.

10-27-2007, 07:08 PM
We can keep bashing our own heads by beating each other up, do any of you think that this is a good idea? How many brother and sister officers are going to be second guessing their 94? How many of you are wondering who is talking crap about you and those that you may respect? I am not saying we have it all dandy here but this place is not that bad. All the trash talking is only serving to drive us further apart. You can be part of the problem and talk smack, or you can be part of the solution. I have stood up and went against sgts and capts before and I am still here and I have not ruined my career. Step up or grow up. What is your contribution to making this place better? Nothing is gained by trash talking our brother and sister officers. We are fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTrOgswgA0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoAeuFQbU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICsLTVW43I

slowurresponse
10-28-2007, 03:39 AM

That happens to me all the time!!!! LOL

10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
10/28 sunsentinel local section page 4b.

(Wake up city commission)