PDA

View Full Version : External Vest Carriers

10-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey just curious what carriers you guys are using. I am intrested in getting one however I don't want the one the guy form Gator Hawk is trying to sell. What is the policy for them I've heard the need to have a nametape or name plate for ID purposes....

10-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Policy should be in the SOP's. Supposed to have a name on it somewhere, and one of the patch badges (sewn or velcro'ed on). Got mine from Protective Products in Sunrise. A little more expensive then some of the others but I think it will last longer. Molle pouches are probably cheapest online from either, Galls, Blackhawk or 5.11.

10-21-2007, 03:59 AM
I couldn't find it in my CD. Of course I can't find the taser policy either....what model of the PP vest did you get, I was looking for thier stuff earlier today.

10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
The CD's not updated. Both of those policies have been issued in the last 10 months and I think the CD is from 2005. I got the standard molle one...nothing super fancy.

10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Keep spending your money on this crap that doesnt matter......Instead of worrying what the new, coolest vest cover is, maybe you should worry about you and your families finacial well being.

10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Keep spending your money on this crap that doesnt matter......Instead of worrying what the new, coolest vest cover is, maybe you should worry about you and your families finacial well being.

Mabye you should go buy a dictonary before you want to chime in your personal opinion. I wasn't asking you for your opinion. Your most likely that guy who wears a tarnished badge to work along with your wrinkled shirt.

Do us all a very big favor & shoot yourself in your miserable head & just end your misery. I am completely tired of working with people like you.

Go swallow & kinfe, thank you in advance.

10-22-2007, 03:55 AM
I have a tarnished badge and a wrinkled shirt, but i have to say that was a great comeback!

10-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Sorry if I offended you.

10-22-2007, 11:36 AM

Coming from the guy that works days and doesn't even wear a vest b/c it won't fit over the beer gut. And by the way, my family is none of your god damn business.

10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
No offense taken.

10-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Mabye you should go buy a dictonary before you want to chime in your personal opinion...Your most likely that guy who wears a tarnished badge to work along with your wrinkled shirt.

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.

If you're going to correct someone else's English, be sure not to misuse a contraction in your rebuttal. "YOUR" is different than "YOU'RE." Learn the differences, especially if you're going to criticize others.

10-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Yup, one thing that you can say is that we stick together. No inane bickering and berating eachother at Ft. Lauderdale. We are one!!!

I hope the city reads this forum so they can see how unified we are.

I am in awe of the mutual respect our officers have for eachother.

I do have to admit, the knife swallowing comment was great. :lol:

10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
[quote="Po-9":12o8cwmy]Mabye you should go buy a dictonary before you want to chime in your personal opinion...Your most likely that guy who wears a tarnished badge to work along with your wrinkled shirt.

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.

If you're going to correct someone else's English, be sure not to misuse a contraction in your rebuttal. "YOUR" is different than "YOU'RE." Learn the differences, especially if you're going to criticize others.[/quote:12o8cwmy]

Damnit! I noticed that after I already "submitted" my post. I even proofread it. I was hoping no one else noticed it. Its a shame you can't use yellow out on computers.

10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Po-9, you are not a Ft Laud cop so stay off our post and quit bothering us with such stupid questions like how we wear our vests. If that is your concern for the men and women who struggle here in this cesspool everyday then we don't want to hear from you!

10-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Yes & am. Go mind your business you have no right to question who I am.

10-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes & am. Go mind your business you have no right to question who I am.

Oh please... "No right to question"?? Grow up. Sure, getting a fair contract should be the #1 priority for all of us right now. But does that mean we can't ask each other where we got a cool piece of equipment? (For pete's sake, we're cops! We're all gadget & gear junkies!)

So, what are we s'posed to do? Eat, sleep and breathe contract negotiations? Even the E-board has to make wardrobe decisions when they wake up.