PDA

View Full Version : ALERT ALERT...

10-19-2007, 02:12 AM
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN OF POLK COUNTY THE POLK COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE HAS SOLVED THE CRIM E OF THE CENTURY. SHERIFF GRADY JUDD IN A NEWS CONFERENCE RELEASED THE INFO THAT THEY HAVE CAUGHT A MAN WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR STEALING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF GAS FROM GAS STATIONS.

WITH THE RISE IN HOME INVASION ROBBERIES AND THE HUNDREDS OF MARIJUANA GROW HOUSES IN POLK COUNTY I AM GLAD THAT THIS GAS STEALER IS OFF THE STREETS AND BEHIND BARS.

FOLKS WE CAN NOW UNLOCK OUR DOORS, LET OUR KIDS RIDE THRI BIKES IN THE STREET AND JOIN HANDS WITH OUR NEIGHBORS AND SING THE COCA COLA SONG.

WITH THE RECENT ARREST OF A MASS FIRECRACKER PACK RAT AND THE MOST RECENT ARREST OF THE INFAMOUS GAS DRIVE OFF ARTIST POLK COUNTY IS A BETTER PLACE.

LET FREEDOM RING.....

PRAISE GRADY...

10-19-2007, 05:00 AM
uuuhhhh.........thousands of dollars worth is slightly more than gas drive off, lighten up, we're all in this together........well I'm assuming we are.

10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
You idiot ... I guess we're not supposed to address a crime like this where upwards of $30,000 worth of gasoline is stolen???? I guess you'd think differently if it were towel heads doing it and planning a terrorist attack in our community, huh?

Get with the program home slice ...

10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
I think the satire intended by the original poster was more in reference to the fact that Grady's mug is on the news every day for every little thing the S.O. does. I think it is safe to say that he has already secured his re-election so can you please cut back on the press conferences. They say that fame is like a drug, maybe he needs an intervention.

10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
To the first post, excellent comment ,all hail King Gardy the 1st. But be careful LPD he will be on with the Mayor on the DUI Holiday commericial soon !! Remember last year ?

10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Love him or hate him, Judd's a genius at marketing himself and his agency. We, however are not even in the fight. We do good work, but have no one on the third floor who cares about our public image. At least Judd sees that his guys get credit for what they do. Our Chief doesn't even know what we do, or care whether we are recognized. He's too busy trying to blame all of his failures and inactions on others.

10-20-2007, 01:53 AM
You are right, Grady does it to support his people's actions. By the way, there is A LOT that goes on in Polk County that does not get on the news that very well could. Grady defers the media much more than you know.

10-20-2007, 02:57 AM
do not trust the media in any form for any reason.The tribune and channel 8 will trash you in a heart beat if they think they can sell one more copy because of it..Yes you should sell yourself and the good things that youand the department do. The good things are not what the media is looking for these days and it is chipping away at the ability of our lawenforcement personnel to do their jobs...there are still those of us who respect You and appreciate what You do..be safe out there especially around the media..

10-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree Grady does over do it but at least he's INVOLVED in what his people are doing. He's no different than any other sheriff in this country though. The last time (and only time) I saw our chief on the news he was saying "there's not a lot we can do" about a double murder in brown town. Not at all inspiring or imposing. He needs to lose a lot of weight too. Looks like shizzat in uniform I think ...

AFOR
10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Once again PCSO is on the front page of the Ledger. It may not be for much more than seizing gambling equipment, but they are seen fighting crime. And the articles always try to make it look like it is happening in Lakeland. What are LPD Officers shown doing? Having K-9 trials and fighting litter. Don't assume this is an accident. LPD Staff is selling us out. Staff 1's action or inaction makes us look like a bunch of idiots. With Gillen in charge of the media and Staff 1 taking absolutely no action to make him do his job, we will continue to have a terrible image to the citizens. If I got all of my information from the Ledger, like the majority of the citizens do, I would be screaming for PCSO to take over.

10-24-2007, 02:21 AM
Gillen is LPD's biggest public image problem. He may think he has a good report' with the ledger, but he doesn't.

He has been quick to trash ledger employees for minor, incomplete investigations in the past. (i.e. the ledger employee/cancer patient that was arrested for Sig1 and was later to found NOT to be under the influence.) That won't make any friends. Granted you shouldn't hide something in order to stay in the good graces of the press, you shouldn't go singling them out.

Both him and Staff 1 have looked like ass in front of the media. Grady isn't no mr.america, but at least he obviously cares about the appearance of himself and his people. Many lpd officers look sharp, too bad gillen and rog dont pay more attention to their fine street warriors.

All of us in law enforcement in this county know that we are all doing the best we can, while making great arrest. It won't always be on the news. I for one don't care what/who it is though, as long as it is positive for law enforcement altogether. That's what we should care about. We get too much egg thrown our way media wise NOT to be happy about positive news for the public to read about.