PDA

View Full Version : Movement

10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I am proud to see the Administration saw the light with a certain officer on midnights. Kudos to the Administration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Thats really fixed all the problems. We have so many supervisors and not enough officers to cover shifts. typing reports at home on our own time and trying to keep up with the call load. getting old and ready to get out. When will admin see this deal is not working. Do we need more supervisors to watch the ones we have? The old rules no longer apply. The SOP's thrown out the window unless it's time for discipline. Whats right for some is not for others. Stand by for the coming of the ex.....

10-20-2007, 03:54 AM
This debate is old news. We get it, you work hard, everyone else are slubs.

Enjoy working for the county or wherever the pastures look greener for you. I hope it works out. However, do yourself a favor, make sure they won't be forced to lay off positions given the 112 million cut they may have to endure due to the coming property tax vote. Of course that is spread out over all county government and not just the S.O. but those with more fat can spare the most pounds.

10-20-2007, 02:23 PM
That is part or most of the problem with this department lately.
The thoughts the administration seem to have is " if it looks better elsewhere GO!" and they seem to keep telling people that.
Rather than have that idea, why not look for the problems and fix them. It would be better for all to fix the problems than to keep sweeping things under the rugs.
There has to be a reason for people to feel like they do around here lately. There has to be a reason people are leaving, because it is not the money(that sucks everywhere). So look for and fix the problems rather than chase away those who try to point out a few.
Maybe it is easier for you to chase them away and keep hiring others to replace those we have already paid to train. Maybe it is easier to chase them away than to admit there is a failure or break down within the agency and that someone has made some mistakes, or that there are some simple things that need fixing.
There has to be a reason... FIX it and lets keep the fine people we have and have already trained. QUIT sweeping things under the rugs and telling people to leave for greener pastures if they dont like it here. The pasture could be green here if you would just put some fertilizer out and FIX things here!

10-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I work patrol on days. I am not a supervisor. I do my 10 hours and do my job. The 2 people I know left because they live out of county. As far as I can see nothing needs fixing for me. I do what is expected of me and I don't whine. I do read other agency boards, and do you know what? They are saying the same thing about their own agency, griping like you. So it is everywhere. A piece of advice, do your job, collect your check, don't worry about others, that's kind of coffee clatch gossipy. As far as fixing, do some things around your house. Read how good things are at other agencies, and lastly, if you don't like it here, go elsewhere and start whining there.

10-20-2007, 08:22 PM
He was right all you guys do say is "go somewhere else". Case proven.

10-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Please follow. I can't imagine working somewhere that I am so unhappy. I have more sense than to work for a business or government where I got to whine. The point is. unless you can't get hired elsewhere, do your job (which isn't that hard) and shut up. Stop being such a baby.

10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I am not the administration. I am going to say it also, if you don't like it leave.

That being said, I agree we have a couple of corporals who may not be as good as the rest. However, we have several officers not as good as the rest also. I don't see the poster who starts this crap starting a drive that says we need to replace those officers. Odds are, he is one.

I for one like the corporal change, I like the corporal position. I would think many would like the opportunity to work that assignment in the future. In the past two years the quality of SPO's / Corporals has improved. The problem with the person who stirs this up is they don't offer a solution, they just point to what they perceive as a problem.

The problem with the original poster is he dosen't apparently like the position at all. Tough, its here and admin appears to like it. I like it as do the majority of officers. So to the original poster, it appears that if you don't like the program, you will have to leave. I would suggest the SO but they have corporals to. Heck, I suppose it seems most progressive agencies have corporals now days. Huh...go figure.

10-21-2007, 04:33 AM
We used to have top notch people here. Folks kept saying, "Go somewhere else if you don't like it", and they did! We lost some good guys and gals, especially compared to what comes through the door these days. Half these people wouldn't have made it through the door five years ago....but when you are desperate, your desperate.

The few good people we have are leaving at ten years. Pretty much all of CIS is on the ten year plan, including the Officer of the year. Vice is gonna lose their most experienced guy. One of the Corporals who actually takes calls could retire any day. Two Captains for that matter too. Why we still make people rotate assignments is beyond absurd! We are gonna move 346, 372 or 387 for who? 4-something? come on! Same goes for traffic guys, if they are good at it leave them alone. It's not like people put in for stuff anyway.

I think a lot of people do like it here and want to very much stay here, but they make it very hard sometimes. What does anybody have to look forward to? Being on the road in your 60's? Great.

10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
None of you have any idea what the original poster is talking about do you? He is glad that they moved a certain below average officer who has no business being in a uniform, even in Kenneth City, from midnights because of the drama he was having with his dispatcher girlfriend/exgirlfriend. Since she is untouchable for some reason and he is inept, they moved him.

10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I am not here to defend the officer for which you speak or the dispatcher but the manner in which you attack another member of our agency is a disgrace.

You don't come on to a public board like this and filet another member of our agency out for everyone to see, that is cowardice and you should be ashamed.

If you have issues, go talk to him man to man and express your feelings. This backstabbing and in fighting needs to stop. Have some pride for your agency and work within the system to make changes. Broadcasting what you think is dirty laundry on this site is not good for anything.

If for even a minute you fashion yourself as a whistleblower, please find something better to blow about. Officers you feel are not up to par is hardly worthy of whistleblower status.

10-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I agree, don't air your crap on here. By the way Kenneth City is above us in pay and they have state retirement.

10-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I saw your recruiter the other day...very nice! :wink:

10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We appreciate the information. We really don't need to know what you think nor is a response appropriate.

10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
lots of supervisors posting as guests in this string. you can tell who they are with the "stop whining", "go somewhere else", and "everything is fine for me" comments. Let's just say they maybe happy, but the crew is not. even the most positive ofc is unhappy. get in touch with your crew

10-24-2007, 01:44 AM
I am not here to defend the officer for which you speak or the dispatcher but the manner in which you attack another member of our agency is a disgrace.

You don't come on to a public board like this and filet another member of our agency out for everyone to see, that is cowardice and you should be ashamed.

If you have issues, go talk to him man to man and express your feelings. This backstabbing and in fighting needs to stop. Have some pride for your agency and work within the system to make changes. Broadcasting what you think is dirty laundry on this site is not good for anything.

If for even a minute you fashion yourself as a whistleblower, please find something better to blow about. Officers you feel are not up to par is hardly worthy of whistleblower status.

How can you have a battle of witts with an unarmed person??????????

10-24-2007, 02:14 AM
What

10-30-2007, 01:16 AM
You can't talk sense to a fool !!!!

11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why PPPD is a revolving door for great LEOS. Same attitude, different year.

Too many outstanding LEOS have come and gone from there. And... whoever said it earlier was correct. It was not because of money. The Admin always refused to take care of its officers beneath them, and as a result, many seasoned officers left to benefit the jurisdictions who scarfed them up.

But there's nothing new under the sun. Keep ignoring the problems and waiving on your good officers to other agencies. Since the good LEO applicant pool is low everywhere in this country, all of those agenices will thank you for giving up your good officers to them.

After all, a warm body is all one needs...

11-08-2007, 05:48 AM
I am still waiving bye bye to you.

We filled your position with a warm body and we managed to survive. I know its shocking for you that we have managed to survive given that apparently we are just a piddly little department in your eyes.

For the record there former PPPD. Many good officers have stayed over the years and are doing just fine but thanks for coming on here and posting a comment on a dead thread.

Oh and bye the way, can you give it a rest. We really don't need you coming back to our little agency site here and posting messages that help make you feel good about the decision you made to leave so many years ago.

White is such a better color on you.