PDA

View Full Version : County

10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Nice to see from other posts mostly positive information regarding the department. Anyone have an idea where a FL certified leo with 3 years road experience would come in at on the base salary? Also how do you work your shifts there? I worked 4 days on with 3 off and loved it. What kind of overtime work do you have and is it plentiful? I typically like to work 8-10 hours of OT/week. I hope all is well and thanks for the responses in advance. Be safe.

10-23-2007, 10:13 AM
The SJSO will give 1 step for every 2 yrs. of LEO experience. In your case you would get 1 step which I think would put you around 35k-36k (had copy of pay scale but lost it). I work for a state leo agency in St. Johns co. and the morale in the sheriff's office seems good. Lots of young hard workers on the road lately. Patrol division is on 12 hr shifts (every other weekend off Fri-Sun). OT seems to be fairly limited but they usually have beach patrol and various other details. Overall I would definately tell you to give them a shout b/c it is a good agency.

Sincerely , Glock 21 SF

11-15-2007, 01:42 AM
36 is our starting. W/3yrs you would start about 38.5. Off duty is plentiful. 12 hr shifts for road units w/ every other fri, sat, sun off

12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
I am a South Fl LEO and I have a house in St Augustine (north of the airport) I want to to rent out. Any info on a reliable realtor or management company to handle it. Thanks.