PDA

View Full Version : contract rumors

10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Unfortunatelty this current contract negotiations are going as planned and as usual no information is flowing down from the reps to the main body.

Rumor has it the city is looking at a 1yr contract option? My question is what happens then do they cry poor (again) after that year expires?

Any comments on the 1year option from the peanut gallery?

10-18-2007, 03:07 PM
You can see from the email from ST that they only want to have a select audience and vote that night instead of allowing all of us a chance to read the FACTS and vote as a union! Again our reps looking out for their own interests as usual. We need new reps that are not biased and following their personal agendas... or a new union... :idea:

10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
By the way great response to the department wide email that ST wrote. RS I salute you, you are my hero.

Is ST even a rep?

Grow some gons reps.

10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
VOTE NO ON THE 1 YEAR CONTRACT.

Jump123
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I have had one of our reps talk to me, and they are in no way supporting this one year contract. It is total crap anyways. They are advising to hold out for a decent offer.

Either way we need to make things happen, and stop messing around.

10-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Wake up. They tell you one thing and do another. Be afraid be very afraid.

10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
If you think for a second that our reps give a crap I got a bridge to sell ya! It is all about what is best for them...They are making back door deals for their own interests, that is how they do their thing for themselves...

10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Wouldn't it be something if a rep was the next capt and sgt selected.

10-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Just to let everyone know I was told on 101707 at 1700 hours about the official offer from the city. They want a 1 year contract and they will give us a 3% COLA. I later found out that the city is at an 18 million dollar surplus and they want the F.D. to reopen their contract. I found this out by talking to the F.D. Union people. What we offered as a plan to the city in the beginning was fair to everyone. The people who benefit most from our first proposal were the officers still in the step plan. Not me, I'm topped out. When I get information I pass it along. What irratates me is that some people will complain about certain situations but when it comes to standing up and filing a grievance that person or group of people back down. I CAN NOT file a grievance for you. When I meet with the command people they are told about the general concerns that you have because they are my concerns too. You all know me and you all know how to contact me. So please don't waste your time writing an anonymous remark.

10-19-2007, 08:57 PM
People would rather talk crap and take shots at others here because they dont have the balls to step up and speak there mind. You people dont realize that everyone can read this including the news-papers and tv news. All this does is embarrass all of us. If you have something to say take it to the person or the chief or city manager or mayor. Stop taking pot shots from the roof top...you are embarrassing all of us! Grow up and do your job!

10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
People would rather talk crap and take shots at others here because they dont have the balls to step up and speak there mind. You people dont realize that everyone can read this including the news-papers and tv news. All this does is embarrass all of us. If you have something to say take it to the person or the chief or city manager or mayor. Stop taking pot shots from the roof top...you are embarrassing all of us! Grow up and do your job!

Take it to the Cheif Coty Manager or Mayor? Yeah that will work!! Look at anyone with balls on this department and look at where they are going... NOWHERE!!! Everyone knows this Department puts do-boys on top. Embarrassing??? Whats embarrassing is criminals have free rome in our City. We do nothing pro-active to combat our problems. 9 on the road!!! A "Safe Streets" unit that has their hands tied!!! No Unmarked units!!! This Department is a joke and everyone knows it but the Admin. Do our job? We are not allowed!!!! If you dont think this is true, you are Admin or a rookie who doesnt know better yet. FYI: Time to move the cars!!!

10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I agree with M!!!! Nice real Nice. Keep it up so everyone can know what losers we have working for the city. If everyone did their job we would not have half the problems. If you do not like a person tell that person to their face you do not like them so maybe they will knock you out and we do not have to read the crap that is posted on here. If you do not like it here leave. From what I have seen all agencies in the county are hiring. Oh I see you want to reep the benifits here and do nothing but complain your whole life. So go to BSO and work your 5 day work week or go to Hollywood where you will be expected to actually work. GROW UP!!

10-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I think M and Not a Baby are being hippocrites

lol they say face to face but they won't post under their real name.

10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
the people that actually go out and our proactive making arrests are the ones that are unhappy. The one's that are slugs and take a 10-40 and then a wellness right after are the biggest complainers because they dont do jack

10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Just like you Sin??????

10-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Just like you Sin??????

Wait Wait hold on. I think the best stuff comes out from anonymity. I would love to speak my mind to the upper level people but let's just say in this day and age I would get singled out and the harrasment would begin.

10-19-2007, 10:57 PM
As long as your facts are correct there should be no problem to speak your mind. The problem is most of this stuff lacks facts.......

10-19-2007, 11:19 PM
lets say we do go with the year contract. Depending on which way this tax dilemma goes determines how good the next contract will be. So if the property taxes get worse and cities look to be cutting more money then would that mean our next contract would be less desirable??

10-20-2007, 12:02 AM
I tried to refrain, but I'm tired of you sissy haters!!!!!! Come to me or call me and we'll settle this! Balls in your court, and I'm not administration, so don't worry about harrasment!

"ST" stands for Steve Toyota

10-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Scratch that! Don't call me, come and see me.

10-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Great department email sent out by Det Honda.... it was very imformitive

10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Dont mess with me i know karate and my cousin is taekowndo

10-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Steve you are a stand up guy! I bet you no one comes to see you. This board is the place for gutless people to take shots at others and not stand up and speak face to face. Good thing everyone can read these posts so we can air our dirty laundry to the world instead of dealing with our problems from within.

10-20-2007, 01:22 AM
WOW what a powerful quote there Snapper or should I say steve's wife!!! you must know karate too

10-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Just like you Sin??????

Wait Wait hold on. I think the best stuff comes out from anonymity. I would love to speak my mind to the upper level people but let's just say in this day and age I would get singled out and the harrasment would begin.

So what you are saying is that out of the 15 people in the command staff none of them are worthy of your input? 15 people are all going to target and harass you? Maybe the problem is not with them, maybe you should look in the mirror then and ask yourself if you should apply for another job?

10-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Now just hold on. The command staff has problems also. We all know they are at each others throats at times and jockeying for position. Start with the top and work your way down.

10-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I guess we all know who ??? is can u say COMMAND STAFF!!! typical response from them they never listen unless its them speaking!!!

10-20-2007, 01:59 AM
I guess we all know who ??? is can u say COMMAND STAFF!!! typical response from them they never listen unless its them speaking!!!

???? must be a Captain looking to make Major. Unfortunately he didn't leave his name.

10-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Got to hate the command staff never try to fix something just they always respond with dont like it leave... how about you leave and everything will be awesome!!!

10-20-2007, 02:06 AM
i guess we scared off that command idiot thank god he is gone

10-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Some people on here need some EAP help.....

10-20-2007, 02:22 AM
This blog is too much fun, can't stop reading. Thanks for the entertainment. My gripe with the command staff is that the Majors and Captains do nothing but blame Chief M for not supporting us. Its because they are all too scared of the little dude. Next time you see a major behind a desk see hwo they are *****ing at for not doing the paperswork they seem to all kjnow too well how to delegte. Stop pretending to remember how to be a cop. You old and fat, and some (ugly), get out its time. between them all there must be what 3500.

2400 lbs of capt
600 lbs of major
500 lbs of chief

thats a lot of beef

10-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't trust our reps to negotiate the price of a cup of coffee for me much less my pension and benefits. All you people *****in voted them in as reps....here's your sign. :twisted:

10-21-2007, 12:24 AM

Hey Steve,

Thanks for staying late last Friday night and talking to me about the contract. You really answered all of my questions which wouldn't have been accomplished through emails.

Jen

PS: Go Noles! (maybe next year)

10-21-2007, 04:20 AM
This used to be a great place to work, now it sucks. 20 and 80 please so I can get the hell out.

10-21-2007, 04:45 PM
This used to be a great place to work, now it sucks. 20 and 80 please so I can get the hell out.

Don't let the door hit you in the @#% You go now.

10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Complain or bring an issue up to the reps? Mayor? Admin? Sure and get screwed..

Ps. We have an open door policy just make sure you go through your chain (joke)

Pss. Don't be anonymous but m and other other guy are reps and sitting on their asses in DB getting court time while double dippin..

Psss. K9 who . A rep who just found out about the contract at the lat minute. Damn some rep huh?

MAYBE IF THE PRESS READS THIS CRAP THEY'LL PRINT IT..

Seems to me it worked when the tea was thrown into the bay!

10-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Well all you cry babies sit and talk crap while putting down our reps. I know all of you go to all the general (open) meetings and voice your opinion. And to all the idiots!!!! that think our reps want this contract you are more stupid than I thought. It shows how smart you are when you say they don't want everyone to vote. I wish I could say how I feel about those who think that, but they would ban me. I hope you are are all smart enough to know who this is. Y-3 (1 hint) W.D(2 Hints) 296 (3 hint.

10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Well all you cry babies sit and talk crap while putting down our reps. I know all of you go to all the general (open) meetings and voice your opinion. And to all the idiots!!!! that think our reps want this contract you are more stupid than I thought. It shows how smart you are when you say they don't want everyone to vote. I wish I could say how I feel about those who think that, but they would ban me. I hope you are are all smart enough to know who this is. Y-3 (1 hint) W.D(2 Hints) 296 (3 hint.
Fourth hint=sloppy

10-22-2007, 01:54 AM
5th hint-spit cup spilled on laptop

10-22-2007, 04:49 AM
6th hint. Trailer trash, but nice trailer trash.

10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
your just jealous because home is wherever his trailer breaks down...

10-22-2007, 01:38 PM
:twisted:
That's detective WD by the way!
I can see how committed to the contract all of the y units are. They signed something saying they would allow the city to void any notice of work change. Good job guys way to make our union stronger!
Jen, I see your working on the reps too. Wow that's smart lets cover all of our bases. Do you truely thing the rep staying late to explain to you is truely looking for just that? Huh. Was it explained over a martini?

Did anyone read the letter that the union finally sent the all the officers? Someone *****es about the process and all of a sudden info comes to us. Wow what a concept. Anyways in it says "it will not damage our overall ability to attract and retain highly trained and competant officers" who wrote that? Is he a complete idiot? Has he looked at whose leaving and who is ready to leave? I'm not talking about retiring either. Get a life houdini and look around. The city should be embarrassed to put that in print and I'm insulted. You should be too.
Is anyone else insulted by that letter? Please sound off.

10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
[quote="yankme 2"]:twisted:
That's detective WD by the way!
I can see how committed to the contract all of the y units are. They signed something saying they would allow the city to void any notice of work change. Good job guys way to make our union stronger!
Jen, I see your working on the reps too. Wow that's smart lets cover all of our bases. Do you truely thing the rep staying late to explain to you is truely looking for just that? Huh. Was it explained over a martini?

Did anyone read the letter that the union finally sent the all the officers? Someone *****es about the process and all of a sudden info comes to us. Wow what a concept. Anyways in it says "it will not damage our overall ability to attract and retain highly trained and competant officers" who wrote that? Is he a complete idiot? Has he looked at whose leaving and who is ready to leave? I'm not talking about retiring either. Get a life houdini and look around. The city should be embarrassed to put that in print and I'm insulted. You should be too.
Is anyone else insulted by that letter? Please sound off.

You talk a lot of $hit. Probably been a LEO max. 5 years. You have a lot to learn. If it wasnt for the fact that you can post with out saying who you are, you would not post at all. When you get assigned a priority call that might be a tad dangerous, you probably wait till everybody is 97 first, then you come out of hiding. In the mean time you are the one that wishes that SWAT is there before you so you feel protected. Grow a set and leave your calling card. Or better yet, your so unhappy...leave the dept.

10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
[quote="Zippy"]You can see from the email from ST that they only want to have a select audience and vote that night instead of allowing all of us a chance to read the FACTS and vote as a union! Again our reps looking out for their own interests as usual. We need new reps that are not biased and following their personal agendas... or a new union...

Hey Zippy, can I call you uneducated? or are we just using initials? If you think this contract proposal is for the reps own intrest, explain how anyone including the reps can benefit from a 1 Year 3% contract? There is no select audience. Everyone was invited with ample notice of date and time. You work days, it starts at 1900 hours. you work nites, it starts at 1900 hours, your day off??? It starts at 1900 hours. If it's important enough for you, then you should be there. If not, stop complaining. :roll:

10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Ahhh I see now the reps are telling us if its that important be there. And remeber boys n girls they gave us plenty of advance notice.

I smell something funny brewing again?

While at the meeting listen to the idle threats and smart remarks from the reps and such.

Should those who are not reps bring representation.

:wink:

gws108
10-22-2007, 10:55 PM
What about us retired guys,, all of you owe me !! :D

10-22-2007, 11:20 PM

Oh my GOD bernie can use a computer (we miss the old guy). Though I think its Brooks playing games.

And by the way don't worry Det. and Rep TN will make sure he gets all the he deserves before he retires (of course on behalf of the old guys)

gws108
10-22-2007, 11:36 PM

Oh my GOD bernie can use a computer (we miss the old guy). Though I think its Brooks playing games.

And by the way don't worry Det. and Rep TN will make sure he gets all the he deserves before he retires (of course on behalf of the old guys)

BERNIE ID 108????,, UMMMM NOOOOOOO!! YOU MUST BE NEW

10-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Hey stupid 108 is not Bernie you retard. and TN gets nothing from the contract he is helping to negotiate.

10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Obviously your a new hire and not awarwe of the past which is no fault on your part. He's been the benefactor of all of the milestone contracts.

Isn't BSO taking a vote to go TEAMSTERS! :idea:

10-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Obviously you're a new hire and not aware of the past which is no fault on your part.

He's been the benefactor of all of the milestone contracts.

Isn't BSO taking a vote to go TEAMSTERS! :idea:

Why don't you inquire why that is.

10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Just a reminder,
meeting of the body tonite at 1900 hours reference the contract the city thinks we will take :x . since I see how many people complain about the reps on here, we should have a full attendance at the meeting of the body, right?
Probably not. You will probably want to stay annon. on that one too. So you can still complain instead of being part of a solution. Well I know I will see Jen there. She is not affraid to put her name to her oppinion. :wink:

10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I will be there with bells on. A lot of people have families therefore probably won't attend and of course the road patrol officers are swamped therefore they won't be there either. But wait we were given plenty of advance notice. I say we take roll call and post it.

I'm glad Jen will be there. Lets give her a friggen reward. The only one with enough balls to speak up and put her name to it ( :lol: :shock: :D ) they must have not taught her well in Pinecrest. I'm sure none of here emails were written from her departmental computer or the one at the school. Go ahead Jen speak up for what's right. With all of your experience look behind you and see who's following.

I'd like to nominate Jen for PBA rep. She truely seems to be the only one who cares about the contract. Lets get her a seat up front! Maybe on steves lap? :idea:

jen
10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
sorry to disappoint you "mr grwup", but I couldn't make it to the meeting. What school are you talking about? I am not an SRO. you have me confused with someone else. no wonder you are taking all these shots at me, you don't even know who I am. I forgive you then :P

10-24-2007, 12:05 AM
sorry to disappoint you "mr grwup", but I couldn't make it to the meeting. What school are you talking about? I am not an SRO. you have me confused with someone else. no wonder you are taking all these shots at me, you don't even know who I am. I forgive you then :P

Explain to me what you are talking about and how you got that SRO issue out of what was written?

By the way you're all talk and no action. (Couldnt make it to the meeting... weak!) quick your *****in you're not part of the TEAM as you wrote are you?)

10-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I will be there with bells on. A lot of people have families therefore probably won't attend and of course the road patrol officers are swamped therefore they won't be there either. But wait we were given plenty of advance notice. I say we take roll call and post it.

I'm glad Jen will be there. Lets give her a friggen reward. The only one with enough balls to speak up and put her name to it ( :lol: :shock: :D ) they must have not taught her well in Pinecrest. I'm sure none of here emails were written from her departmental computer or the one at the school. Go ahead Jen speak up for what's right. With all of your experience look behind you and see who's following.

I'd like to nominate Jen for PBA rep. She truely seems to be the only one who cares about the contract. Lets get her a seat up front! Maybe on steves lap? :idea:

jen
10-24-2007, 12:34 AM
darn someone beat me to it.

why would i go to the meeting when i already know that i am going to vote no? i didnt need the reps to explain anything to me. they already did (over martinis, remember?) :lol:

i heard it was good though. i'm glad you got the answers you were looking for.

new topic...this is addictive isnt it?

10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Probably your double personality doing that. With all the talk about being supportive you should have been there. Its about number. I think **** put it best, "peer pressure from your neighnors and each other" be a role model and show up!
If we have to hit the streets to support the canadates are you gonna make an excuse then too..

Aren't you always in work related schools anyway? If SRO was assumed it would of been specified. Must be your motherly instinct.

Make no mistake about it I love mommies.

10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
JEN = SYBIL

10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
JEN = SYBIL

Hahaha.
We are all with you on that. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Can't we all just get a long.

10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
JEN = SYBIL

Hahaha.
We are all with you on that. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Can't we all just get a long.

10-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Todays sunsentinal 10/28 local section page 4.

Wake up people! Were not to only ones getting screwed. Lets take a stand NOW!!!
Not just at election time!

10-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah and if you read that article the union at Fort Lauderdale atleast has some balls!

Please send me your shirt sizes so I can have them made. When is the next commission meeting?