PDA

View Full Version : MEETING

10-17-2007, 04:21 AM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE MEETING IS STILL ON FOR THURSDAY I HOPE SO I NEED THOSE DAMN 59'S BACK I HATE LIVING LIKE THIS MICCOSUKEE HAS ITS GOOD AND BAD BUT I THINK THIS MONEY IS ABSOLUTLEY THE WORST

MOD 456
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I have not heard a thing about the meeting taking place. It would make no sense anyway since I heard the chairman wasn't going to be there or the LT. I feel your pain I am just barely getting by myself and I have heard other officers are hurting as well. At this point I really dont know what to say other than start processing or continue processing with other agencies. Eventhough the LT. and SGT.'s keep saying be patient, I just don't see anything changing in the future. What we have now is all we are gonna have remember our primary function is protect the tribe. This is just my take on things.

MOD 456
10-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I just got word towmorrows meeting is cancelled.... :( sorry guys guess we'll have to wait and see whats up!

10-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah no big surprise. We all knew this meeting wasnt going to happen. So I guess still no word on our raise or maybe we'll postpone that till next October also.

10-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Like they use to say when I was their, "You have to understand Indian Time", which in my language means an eternity. Back then, when Capt. Mcdonald, Chief Zecca was their it was the same thing. But at least we had some off-duties to include the football games and the Alley. Good luck down their.

MOD 456
10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Gotta love indian time....next Oct. sounds about right for the raise....oh well f--- it!

10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
did Pelosi end up at another agency?

In regards to your meeting? Do you really think that Billy C will no give you something, when for so long you have nothing. THe only reason MPD exists is to keep MDPD and FHP from policing the west end of the county.

10-19-2007, 12:54 AM
why dont they just share some of that money that comes ever three months. maybe are lovely commish will ask billy to share some of the tribal love. or i will have to marry one of them to pay my mortgage :?:

10-19-2007, 04:33 AM
You can marry Jodi Jim or Louise Jim I heard there single.

10-19-2007, 05:03 AM
I JUST CHECKED DTHE POST AND SEE NOW THERE WAS NO MEETING, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO COPE WITH IT. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE, NO OFF DUTY NO OVERTIME NO RAISE, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LAUGH, AND I'M NOT QUITE SURE IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO TAKING CARE OF THE TRIBE IN A SERIOUS NOTE. . I REALLY WONDER IF THE TRIBE IS AWARE OF OUR FINANCIAL SITUATION. OR BETTER SAID IF THEY EVEN CARE. REMEMBER PEOPLE, EVERYONE LOOKS OUT FOR THEMSELVES BUT WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF ONE ANOTHER. WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT AVENUES OF ESCAPE OUT OF THIS HELL HOLE. I COULD ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF WHEN I SAY IT IS HARD TO GUARD SOMEONE ELSE LIVELY HOOD WHEN MY LIFE IS CRUMBLING BEFORE ME. BILLS KEEP BACKING UP AND STACKING UP ON MY TABLE. CHECK TO CHECK IS HOW WE LIVE NO MATTER HOW MUCH OR HOW LITTLE WORK WE DO . ITS A GOOD THING THAT EVERY THREE MONTHS WE PROTECT CASH FLOW CAUSE GOD FORBID SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN AND THEY HAD TO SUFFER. DON'T GET ME WRONG I KNOW IT IS NOT THE COMMUNITY BUT THE TRIBAL LEADERS HAVE TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN LIKE TOMORROW. THIS SITUATION AFFECTS EVERYTHING, STRESS LEVEL AT HOME AND AT WORK = AN OFFICER BEING HURT. AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS WHEN YOU HAVE TO EAT AND YOU OPEN YOUR WALLET AND SEE YOUR LAST 5 DOLLARS AND THINK, HUH I NEED GAS AND A GALLON MILK FOR MY KID . PAY DAY ISN'T FOR ANOTHER WEEK ITS FRUSTRATING . SOMEONE TOLD ME BUDGET YOUR MONEY BETTER AND I COULDN'T HELP BUT LAUGH LETS DO THE MATH MOST OF HAVE LESS THAN A YEAR ON THE DEPARTMENT TAKE HOME PAY REGULARLY $960 - $1000 A CHECK DEPENDING WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE INSURANCE. WELL RENT MINIMUM $900 LIGHT $300 GROCERIES $200 CAR INSURANCE $140 GAS $100 ( MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE NO WHERE THAT MONTH). AND THAT IS THE BASICS NOT TO MENTION HAVING A SODA AT THE CORNER. PRICE OF MAKING THIS ****ING PLACE HAPPY = PRICELESS, GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK I LIVE IN REALITY WHERE I HAVE TO WORK FOR MY MONEY AND ALL I ASK FOR IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO. COMMISSIONER IF YOU ARE READING THIS ALL I ASK FROM YOU IS TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN YOU ARE THE LINK BETWEEN THE TRIBE AND POLICE DEPARTMENT WELL THEN SHOW THE OFFICERS YOU CARE BY THROWING US A BONE GET US OUR OFF-DUTY BACK!

MOD 456
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
I know where you are coming from and I hear you, almost every officer here is in the same boat check to check barely squeaking by. Not to much more we can do at this point it's up to the powers that be. Unfortunately for us the mentality is no one cares if officers leave there will always be someone who'll come work here. So that being said in an earlier post we all know what we need to do and that is process out. Nobody is gonna blame you for leaving to better provide for your family, which is our #1 priority!

10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Just a little tip on why the tribe will never give up any more money. They feel that no other tribal employees have the opputunity to make money while wearing a MPD uniform. THey feel you knew what the money was coming in and that you should not complain now. They are not concerned, nor will the ever about the welfare of a non-tribal member. You are not them, and you never will be. The security guards at hotel get treated better and get medical just like us. I bet the turn over rate there is not as bad as us. I am told that since MPD opened for business in 1976 there has been over 300 cops through the revolving door of MPD. To think that in 80's and early 90's they only has at most ten officers working here. Ray Weeks just enjoys playing cop, he is not a cop and never will be. Plus he does not have to worry about paying a rent, and all the other fun bills in life. Better yet, he does not have to commute 60 or 100 miles to work at 3.00 a gallon. The tribe loves to show off the outstanding tribal court building which is nicer the SDJC, but it is all smoke and mirrors for white world. I hope and pray that I can one day not have to tell my child ever again, that we cant buy that toy or see a movie cause daddy has no money. Having said all that I need to go protect and serve the tribe and of course serve at their pleasure. For who knows if today will be my day today?

10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
would like to know how many officers have left in the past year and what is the count at this time?

10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
14 INCLUDING 3 WHICH WERE TERMINATED.....

10-19-2007, 06:00 PM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS...WOW! I FEEL FOR ALL YOU GUYS. I USE TO WORK THERE AND GOT OUT IN GOOD TIME. I WAS TOLD THAT OUR JOB WAS AT WILL, BUT NOT TO WORRY, THEY HAVE NEVER JUST FIRED AN OFFICER UNLESS THEY REALLY MESSED UP. ALL OF A SUDDEN, BAM, OFFICERS BEGAN TO GET FIRED LIKE IF THEIR LIVES WERE A JOKE. I HAVE SINCE MOVED ON. I KNOW HOW IT IS AND ITS ALOT EASIER TO CRITICISE FROM THE OUTSIDE WHEN YOU'VE NEVER BEEN THERE. I MADE ALOT OF GOOD FRIENDS AT MPD WHICH WHOME I STILL TALK WITH ON A REGULAR BASIS. GUYS, HAVE FAITH AND APPLY OUT BUT BE CAREFUL. I DONT KNOW IF ITS STILL THE SAME AS BEFORE, WHERE IF THEY FOUND OUT YOU WERE PROCCESSING, YOU WERE BLACK FLAGGED. HANG IN THERE GUYS.

10-19-2007, 08:12 PM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS...WOW! I FEEL FOR ALL YOU GUYS. I USE TO WORK THERE AND GOT OUT IN GOOD TIME. I WAS TOLD THAT OUR JOB WAS AT WILL, BUT NOT TO WORRY, THEY HAVE NEVER JUST FIRED AN OFFICER UNLESS THEY REALLY MESSED UP. ALL OF A SUDDEN, BAM, OFFICERS BEGAN TO GET FIRED LIKE IF THEIR LIVES WERE A JOKE. I HAVE SINCE MOVED ON. I KNOW HOW IT IS AND ITS ALOT EASIER TO CRITICISE FROM THE OUTSIDE WHEN YOU'VE NEVER BEEN THERE. I MADE ALOT OF GOOD FRIENDS AT MPD WHICH WHOME I STILL TALK WITH ON A REGULAR BASIS. GUYS, HAVE FAITH AND APPLY OUT BUT BE CAREFUL. I DONT KNOW IF ITS STILL THE SAME AS BEFORE, WHERE IF THEY FOUND OUT YOU WERE PROCCESSING, YOU WERE BLACK FLAGGED. HANG IN THERE GUYS.Hey guys i'm retired and i'm to young just to sit around. I live close do you think you can use me. my cert is good till 2010 when im due for mandatory traning Thanks

10-19-2007, 08:44 PM
IF YA GOT A DECENT BACKGROUND AND NOT DEPEND ON THIS AS YOUR ONLY INCOME GET AN APPLICATION. OH 1 THING I FORGOT GOT YOU GOTTA NO HOW TO DEAL WITH USUAL BS THAT HAPPENS IN ALL PD'S PLUS SOME. IF YOU CAN DO THAT COME ON DOWN AND APPLY!

10-20-2007, 02:41 PM
You are retired from what I shall assume is a larger department. Are you after 20 or so years going to be able to stand still for all the shir t that goes on here? No OT, No 59 and take sh*t from every knucklehead swamp dweller. Do your self a favor and go to FIU