PDA

View Full Version : hiring

10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I am a certified deputy from broward sheriffs office and I went through the whole process, monday is my physical agility test and I am wondering if this is a good sign to be hired soon enough? can any unit advise?

DevilDogg
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
If you passed your interview, polygraph, and PFT, you should be getting a conditional offer pretty soon.

veteranrookie
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I would think that if you've made it through the poly and the background checks then it's downhill from there.

Be patient though, it took the agency nearly 4 months to give me a start date when I was hired. I was hired during the holiday season so that attributed to the wait. It can be a very long process. Most people will tell you they waited less time and some waited longer (in exceptional cases). I can only assume they like to start a group of applicants together instead of one here and one there. So that may be the cause for a long wait for some folks.

I will tell you this, you've probably made your best choice for a career in Law Enforcement with choosing the CCSO. Good Luck and I hope the application process goes smoothly for you. Don't hesitate to call our HR office for questions, they stay busy but are a good group.

10-17-2007, 04:19 AM
took me 3 months to the day

10-18-2007, 12:30 AM
To the prior post 3 months to the day when you submitted your application?

11-08-2007, 08:39 PM
This post was removed by Mod 167.

Please review the announcement titled "Attention Guest Users". By doing so you will have the opportunity to understand the conditions which is considered acceptable to ensure that future posts are not removed.

Thank you,

Mod 167

11-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Just trying to warm the command of the stupidity of hiring a problematic person. With all the problems he has caused BSO it only makes sense to avoid hiring him. but hey you get what you deserve

06-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I have a few questions for someone if they can answer them for me.

1) I have already had my interview and scored pretty high. They have called me back to do the poly, pysc, and med screening. IS this a good thing?

2) I have been told from alot of people I have spoke with, that if I am doing this and being out of town that I have the job and that the CCSO is not going to waste their money doing the pysc test and med screening and not hire me.

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to this. Plus I forgot to menetion I am an out of state applicant also. I can not see any agency with any klind of smarts bring someone in from out of state and not help with anything and have them go thru all this testing and exams and not hire them. I have been told this what they do when they are set to hire someone.

Justiceforall
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
True, as long as you pass all of the exams you mentioned, you should be hired. The medical exam does cost them money, so I would agree.

06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you for your answer. I look forward to being a part of this great agency.

06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I in the state I am in and currently a police officer, the poly is the test they give before you are told to suit up and hit the road. Ususally they give the poly if you are hired. Is this the case at CCSO or do they give all these tests before they hire? Just wanting to be a part of this great team I have heard and researched about.

06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
How much does this agency go off of credit history? i come from a small town from and do not get paid much but tried to have a nice thing or 2 but had to get rid of them because of my wife not keeping a job for to long. My question is, does this agency understand some people are not going to have A-1 credit but are not bad people. Will someone's credit history stop them from getting a job here if they have a few blemishes on the credit.

06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
How much does this agency go off of credit history? i come from a small town from and do not get paid much but tried to have a nice thing or 2 but had to get rid of them because of my wife not keeping a job for to long. My question is, does this agency understand some people are not going to have A-1 credit but are not bad people. Will someone's credit history stop them from getting a job here if they have a few blemishes on the credit.

I believe that they work with you on that. They don't want perfect people,but they want honest people. The best thing to do is to make payment arrangements with your creditors. Start paying them $10.00 per month and get the agreement in writing. Give a copy to Human Resources when you hand in your background application. The credit that could hurt you are foreclosures and bankruptcies or repos. I have minor issues myself and they still have given me a conditional offer. The other SO I work for accepted this and I was hired.

06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Well I went through everything last week. On last Tuesday they called me and said they was rescheduling my poly for Thursday at 1. I did the Med screening and the pysc. Wensday they called me and said they cancelled my poly and are discontinuing my application process. I asked why and they said I would receive a letter in the mail and could respond in writing to the letter.

Can anyone tell me why would have cancelled everything out so quickly? I have been certified in another state for a period of time and don't understand what could have went wrong. IF anyone has any ideas as to these actions I would appreciate it.

06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
The process is a joke. Sorry.

06-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm Florida certified and mailed in my app last week. How long is the process generally?

07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Well I am going to wait and get my letter and respond to it and see what happens then. I am hoping i can clear everything up and be put back into the hiring pool for a job. I really want to work for this agency but if they can't take a person with very little to no bad marks and someone who can be totally honest then i don't know what to say. I let all the cats out of the bag on the poly and was probably the most honest person they have seen in a very long time. But hey I am not going to let them stop me from becoming a Floridian LEO. There are other agencies out there that will pick me up i am sure.

07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Well I am going to wait and get my letter and respond to it and see what happens then. I am hoping i can clear everything up and be put back into the hiring pool for a job. I really want to work for this agency but if they can't take a person with very little to no bad marks and someone who can be totally honest then i don't know what to say. I let all the cats out of the bag on the poly and was probably the most honest person they have seen in a very long time. But hey I am not going to let them stop me from becoming a Floridian LEO. There are other agencies out there that will pick me up i am sure.

Really? Most places have a hiring freeze do to the downturn in the economy and the gay governors solution to the blown out of proportion "property tax crisis." Agencies will pick the best people based on the totality of the candidate. There are more candidates than jobs, so they can be selective and should.