PDA

View Full Version : Merger Talks

10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I hear it's not over. Is this true?

10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Troll.

10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Damn people let it go. Why keep kicking the dead horse. If its going to happen it will happen. If its not meant to be, then its not. I hope NOT, but we must put this to bed, and move on.

LET IT GO!

11-20-2007, 12:32 AM
I guess it wasn't over, huh?

11-20-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't know what the majority of BPD truly thinks about the "merger" but I hope it works out for the best!

For those of you who believe in God, all you can do is pray..

God, give us Grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to know the Difference.

11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
To the above post, do not worry about it, Grady will make sure it works, good luck BPD but according to the Ledger King Grady will get his take over !!

11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I have all the confidence in Leo and Pat. Those guys have always stood up to the tough issues. Hinton is a great mayor and you can always count on him to make the tough decisions. And AJ and Clements, those ole boys are gonna guide this police department through these tough times and make sure we stay here to reap the spoils of thier hard work. I want to also thank the citizens of Bartow for embracing the pending tax and utility increases this restructure and rebuilding is gonna mandate. I cannot think of a better place to work. It seems too good to be true. But I trust these guys to do the right thing as they have been known to do. BPD RULES. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

11-20-2007, 11:49 PM
ITS A DONE DEAL.. THE CITY IS ALREADY GIVING ITSELF RAISES FROM THE MONEY TO BE SAVED....
SORRY TO HEAR IT THOUGH...
GOOD LUCK BPD

11-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Dear "GUEST"
If its a done deal, why isn't BPD wearing green? You presume to know something the rest of us aren't privy to. Please enlighten us all, omnipotent one.

11-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I GUESS IM GUILTY OF HAVING COMMON SENSE AND THE ABILITY TO KEEP MY HEAD OUT OF THE SAND (AND OUT OF MY OWN A**) DO YOU THINK THOSE JOKERS ARE GONNA PASS UP 5 MIL IN SAVINGS OVER FIVE YEARS??????? YOUR NOT WORTH ALL THAT THERE BUB!!!!!!!

11-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Dear "Guest"
You're guilty of having common sense? REALLY? I disagree with that one.
Just because a city asks for a proposal from the Sheriff doesn't mean its an automatic done deal.

Why would the City of Bartow pass it up? Maybe they want to keep their police department? There are a dozen other reasons why they would pass it up. Unless you have something other than "common sense and the ability to keep your head out of the sand" to back up what you say, then you're just talking out of your a@#.

I don't recall saying I was "worth all that". All I'm saying is that the City may choose NOT to contract with PCSO!

11-26-2007, 07:45 PM
i agree with 5-0. if it was a done deal then it would have been done the other monday night. i think it is because so many people spoke out against the merger the commisioners decided to pass it up. afterall, that miami yankee hinton is the only one that is not running for re election. and i think that is only because he keeps getting sued for making dumb decsions.

11-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok. Is this the same guest or another guest?
Don't know much about Hinton, but if he keeps making dumb decisions, he shouldn't be there. Why haven't Bartownians voted him out of office?

Hang in there guys!