PDA

View Full Version : Then and now

10-14-2007, 10:26 PM
There was a time when the police department had a "A" team and a "B" team. Some of us were actually way down the alphabet and were known as the "D", "E" and so on team. We were constantly intimidated by the "A" team. Thankfully, the comissioners and some others had the fortitude to hire an outside company to look into the department. Now things have changed FOR THE BETTER. There is no more alphabet..there is only THE TEAM. Chief Perez has never bashed the old administration. He has too much integrity. Instead, he has done what he said he would do. He has held us all accountable for our actions and insists that we treat each other and the public with dignity and respect. I admire him. Is he perfect? No. But he has taken this agency to a more decent and respectable place. We are now all on the same team. We no longer feel intimidated. Dom, buddy,you need to get a life! You got what you wanted. You went "green". See, people like you forget that the grass "seems" greener on the other side but it needs to be mowed, my "fraternity" friend. We don't miss you. We actually are GLAD you are gone. Fred, who do you think you are? You aren't a LEO. You and Dom and am few others need to think about some things. Search. If you live in a glass house, you better not throw stones.....
In the past 19 months I have seen some great changes. Chief Perez has not only talked the talk, he has walked it. He demoted a supervisor who was not dignified and used intimidation tactics. That person chose poorly. The chief has stood by what he has said from day one. He has hired at least two females to the rank and file. He finally put a certified LEO who was wasting away in G-9 on the road, not because he was homosexual, because it was the right thing to do. That officer has done a stupendous job. I have witnessed some seasoned officers (John) (Dave), just to name a few, who felt that their careers were doomed. What a transformation! They are out there producing. They are doing a great job. I congratulate Chuck on his promotion...he was #1 on the list, and again, the Chief promoted him BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. There are so many other wonderful officers and citizens out there that now can be who they are without indimidation because of Chief Perez's leadership. We have a ways to go. But, we have made such great strides and we as a community are on the right path. I love the Manors. I love our community. I close with this: Stop the nonsense and the bashing. If you want to be constructive, be a part of the solution. Remember folks, it's the content of your character. Chief, keep on keeping on! You have made great strides and I know you will continue to do so. I wish all of you well and I pray for your safety and protection. And, Rick S.: welcome back! We had our share of disagreements, but I am honored to have a LEO like you back with the TEAM...no alphabet!!!!

10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Well Ed at least you posted that when you were off duty.

10-14-2007, 10:45 PM
NO ALPHABET
Maybe you dont see it because you cant read the spanish alphabet.

10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
There was a time when the police department had a "A" team and a "B" team. Some of us were actually way down the alphabet and were known as the "D", "E" and so on team. We were constantly intimidated by the "A" team. Thankfully, the comissioners and some others had the fortitude to hire an outside company to look into the department. Now things have changed FOR THE BETTER. There is no more alphabet..there is only THE TEAM. Chief Perez has never bashed the old administration. He has too much integrity. Instead, he has done what he said he would do. He has held us all accountable for our actions and insists that we treat each other and the public with dignity and respect. I admire him. Is he perfect? No. But he has taken this agency to a more decent and respectable place. We are now all on the same team. We no longer feel intimidated. Dom, buddy,you need to get a life! You got what you wanted. You went "green". See, people like you forget that the grass "seems" greener on the other side but it needs to be mowed, my "fraternity" friend. We don't miss you. We actually are GLAD you are gone. Fred, who do you think you are? You aren't a LEO. You and Dom and am few others need to think about some things. Search. If you live in a glass house, you better not throw stones.....
In the past 19 months I have seen some great changes. Chief Perez has not only talked the talk, he has walked it. He demoted a supervisor who was not dignified and used intimidation tactics. That person chose poorly. The chief has stood by what he has said from day one. He has hired at least two females to the rank and file. He finally put a certified LEO who was wasting away in G-9 on the road, not because he was homosexual, because it was the right thing to do. That officer has done a stupendous job. I have witnessed some seasoned officers (John) (Dave), just to name a few, who felt that their careers were doomed. What a transformation! They are out there producing. They are doing a great job. I congratulate Chuck on his promotion...he was #1 on the list, and again, the Chief promoted him BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. There are so many other wonderful officers and citizens out there that now can be who they are without indimidation because of Chief Perez's leadership. We have a ways to go. But, we have made such great strides and we as a community are on the right path. I love the Manors. I love our community. I close with this: Stop the nonsense and the bashing. If you want to be constructive, be a part of the solution. Remember folks, it's the content of your character. Chief, keep on keeping on! You have made great strides and I know you will continue to do so. I wish all of you well and I pray for your safety and protection. And, Rick S.: welcome back! We had our share of disagreements, but I am honored to have a LEO like you back with the TEAM...no alphabet!!!!

Thank you Sunshine. I could not have said it any better myself. You are right. Before the new chief there was the “A” list and the “B” list. Some people, like JT and DA, were not even allowed on the “B” list. Since the new chief came in, everyone is on the same even playing field. Everyone is treated fairly. People that were looked down upon under past administration(s) are now go getters. They have gotten a renewed enthusiasm for the job and actually enjoy it once again. The problem is that some of the former “A” list people still want to be treated fairly, but more fairly than everyone else. If you do the job you are supposed to do then there are no problems. If you go above and beyond in doing your job, you will be rewarded for that. Respect is earned not just given. If you want to be respected, you have to earn it first. The new chief has earned my respect and then some. He is a person I am proud to call my Chief of Police. For those that want to belittle the new chief and others, remember this: “What yee sow, so shall yee reap.”

10-15-2007, 01:52 AM
RP
Who is gonna post next John Denver
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who do you think you are kidding? Are you writng this for the residents you think are reading this now because of the Sun Sentinel article. Fact is you have no such support in this place you know it and WE KNOW IT!!!!
Soon the residents will know it.
You can count on one hand the people who would post this stuff...Let me think HMMMMM the ones on your A list maybe?

10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
The residents know who the main writers on this blog are. The ones that bash and bring up the same things time after time. It is pretty clear because of the time of the posts. Why can't Oscar and Gary be men and voice the same things they constantly write on the blog to the peoples face. why cat they talk to chief's like they do on the blog. Why cant they advance in rank? They are two faced cowards who think they are super cops that are the best in the department. The other people who constanly post are the wacky kook on 20th ave and a former disgruntled Sgt. who is now at BSO. You people are a joke grow up your not in highschool anymore.

10-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Before we had chief that let certain special officers do as they please and NOW we have a chief who runs the department.

10-15-2007, 02:18 PM
The residents know who the main writers on this blog are. The ones that bash and bring up the same things time after time. It is pretty clear because of the time of the posts. Why can't Oscar and Gary be men and voice the same things they constantly write on the blog to the peoples face. why cat they talk to chief's like they do on the blog. Why cant they advance in rank? They are two faced cowards who think they are super cops that are the best in the department. The other people who constanly post are the wacky kook on 20th ave and a former disgruntled Sgt. who is now at BSO. You people are a joke grow up your not in highschool anymore.

Whoever wrote this is way off base, at least in my eyes. I have a hard time believing that Oscar & Gary are two of the main people posting on here. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have never posted on here.

As for them advancing in rank, I don't believe Oscar really wants to and Gary has just been too low on the totem pole. You can bet Gary will more than likely be the next Sgt.

Both Oscar & Gary are great cops. I learned a lot from Oscar when it came to narcotics and I am privileged to say Gary was my partner during my final months. I like to think I helped train Gary a bit, even though he could now teach me a thing or two.

As for that disgruntled former Sgt., he was always helpful and supportive of me. Granted, I wasn't with the department long, but everyone was always friendly and supportive of me and I wouldn't have considered myself part of the so called "A" list.

With all of that said, if the person that wrote this is also one of my friends that is okay, we just have a difference of opinion when it comes to these three people.

Everyone be safe and wear those vests.

10-15-2007, 02:42 PM

I still have a copy of Chief Perez's 100 day report and 6 month report that BASHED the former adminstration and the people who still work their. The reports were fabricated, full of lies and was produced to inlflate his ever growing ego. It just shows you are nothing more than a liar like Perez so you losers deserve each other.And what about the comments Perez has made about the former adminstration to members of WAHM. I heard them, did you. So until you have factual information and not FAIRY TALES to report, hang out the EC or the rest of the losers.

10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
So I got a call this morning telling me I was yet again getting thrown under the bus for no reason. The fact is you need to quit assuming who is writing on this website or question those who are telling you I am writing here, and you need to quit being the coward you are by coming onto this website and writing. Not one post I have made, but you still assume that I have for some unknown reason. I see that your name is not on here, but mine is. Why be anonymous, stand up for yourself and show your name. Seems to me you have been on this website way more times than I have(3 times in a year). I have better things to do, seems you do not. Seems to me you reading this website irritates you and causes you aggravation. Are you concerned someone may post something about you? Why be concerned? Because you question your own integrity or lack there of!!! Keep reading and posting. Have at it tough guy. I just ask that whoever this coward is approach me and we will discuss your concerns about me. Do not be scared, just do what a responsible adult/co-worker would do, speak to someone face to face if they have a concern. Let's just discuss your lies about me. I have a fealing you won't have the courage to approach me. So just shut the f*** up unless you're posting facts.

10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
So I got a call this morning telling me I was yet again getting thrown under the bus for no reason. The fact is you need to quit assuming who is writing on this website or question those who are telling you I am writing here, and you need to quit being the coward you are by coming onto this website and writing. Not one post I have made, but you still assume that I have for some unknown reason. I see that your name is not on here, but mine is. Why be anonymous, stand up for yourself and show your name. Seems to me you have been on this website way more times than I have(3 times in a year). I have better things to do, seems you do not. Seems to me you reading this website irritates you and causes you aggravation. Are you concerned someone may post something about you? Why be concerned? Because you question your own integrity or lack there of!!! Keep reading and posting. Have at it tough guy. I just ask that whoever this coward is approach me and we will discuss your concerns about me. Do not be scared, just do
what a responsible adult/co-worker would do, speak to someone face to face if they have a concern. Let's just discuss your lies about me. I have a fealing you won't have the courage to approach me. So just shut the f*** up unless you're posting facts.

THANKS GARY FOR BEING HONEST...EVERYONE SEES THROUGH ALL THE LIES ON HERE,,,IF THEY HAD TO POST FACTS THEY WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING TO WRITE ABOUT...ISNT THAT A CONCEPT!!

10-15-2007, 04:57 PM

What I find amazing is, that all this crap pops up after the newspaper article. What are you all afraid of? That the public really sees the truth. There is only about 4 or 5 people in the total dept. that like the chief. Ed C which is the biggest brown nose person of all is the one probaly writing this stuff or did the chief tell his A list to get on and make everything sound good? What was the count of the membership that all voted to go BSO? No one can stand what is going on with the P.D.
You can try to Candy Coat all of the problems and make it look like nothing is going on but people can see through that.
Truth is the whole problem is the Mayor and the chief.
So why don't you 5 growup and stop the ego trip.
Another question, what are you 5 going to do when the chief is gone?

10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Why is it such a concern of the Police Chief to know who is writing the Blogs if not to punish? This is a forum for officers to write what they feel. Just another example of how the Chief works.

10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
To sunshine. How much over time has been paid out since the new chief took over? I bet it is allot more than before. How many people have left since the new chief took over? Who are the 5 people that have gained since he has been there? Who took the dogs away when they were getting almost 3 million dollars a year that the tax payers would not have to pay?
How much money did the vote give the city for the new PD? When not 1 shovel has been put in the ground. How much is the new P.D. over Budget? How much did ED's new truck cost the city? What would he need that big of a truck for. Especially driving the few miles accross WM. How much do the tax payers have to pay for the gas it takes? Several other questions the tax payers need to start asking.

10-15-2007, 10:53 PM
:-)

10-16-2007, 01:24 AM
So I got a call this morning telling me I was yet again getting thrown under the bus for no reason. The fact is you need to quit assuming who is writing on this website or question those who are telling you I am writing here, and you need to quit being the coward you are by coming onto this website and writing. Not one post I have made, but you still assume that I have for some unknown reason. I see that your name is not on here, but mine is. Why be anonymous, stand up for yourself and show your name. Seems to me you have been on this website way more times than I have(3 times in a year). I have better things to do, seems you do not. Seems to me you reading this website irritates you and causes you aggravation. Are you concerned someone may post something about you? Why be concerned? Because you question your own integrity or lack there of!!! Keep reading and posting. Have at it tough guy. I just ask that whoever this coward is approach me and we will discuss your concerns about me. Do not be scared, just do what a responsible adult/co-worker would do, speak to someone face to face if they have a concern. Let's just discuss your lies about me. I have a fealing you won't have the courage to approach me. So just shut the f*** up unless you're posting facts.

Gary, good for you for coming on here and sticking up for yourself. Don't let this BS bother you, everyone that truly knows you knows how great of a cop you are and that you aren't the type to talk behind peoples backs. By the way, congratulations on the move to the DB.

10-16-2007, 06:30 PM
welcome back Rick S? Is that "Shawver", I thought he went to PBSO?

10-16-2007, 11:42 PM

He did go to PBSO, but for personal reasons he came back to WMPD. Wilton Manors is very lucky to have him back.

10-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Are the other two that left about the same time coming back?

10-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Personal Reasons? Personal Reasons?!! What on earth could have possibly been so personal to bring him back to WM? What a shame!! He will have no idea of great his life could have become. WM has a way of causing way too much stress, hope he's getting yearly checkup's for his heart.
I guess that's kind of like trying to leave an abusive relationship. He just returned to what he knows more and it seems like he would rather be with the stressful known than the not stressful unknown. WOW, what a shame.

He did go to PBSO, but for personal reasons he came back to WMPD. Wilton Manors is very lucky to have him back.

10-17-2007, 02:36 AM
OMG Dave A....cut it out, you will not get a promotion.

10-17-2007, 03:51 AM

Hey Guest, my name is David Akers. I am not hiding behind Guest like you. What is your name?
I swore I was not going to respond to any of the crap on this site, but I now feel the need to do so.

Get your facts straight before you make assumptions.
#1 - Sunshine was not me, though I agree with a lot of what was said.
#2 - I am not looking for promotion.
#3 - I am looking for retirement.
#4 - I am looking forward to moving on to another career after retiring.
#5 - Under previous administrations I was lucky to even be on the "B" list.
#6 - Under the current administration there is no "A" or "B" list. Everyone is equal.
#7 - I am treated with more respect than ever and it feels great.
#8 - My traffic expertise is respected and used frequently.
#9 - I finally got the position I tried to get so many times over the years. I would have had it sooner but I was passed over so other people's buddies could have the position. One of which had to be forced to do his assigned job tasks.

Under the new administration everyone is held accountable for their actions &/or inaction. The agency is becoming a truly professional organization by receiving state accreditation. If you break the rules, you get reprimanded. If you do what is asked of you, you get shown appreciation. If you go above and beyond what is asked of you, you get rewarded for your initiative.

I enjoy coming to work again, like I did when I first started in law enforcement. When EG was present, I was counting the days until I hit my 20 year mark. I stopped counting now. Yes I am going into the drop, but it is so as to not lose the pension cola again.

I have seen JT get a renewed enthusiasm for doing his job. FP was finally taken off the desk and put on the road where he should have been a long time ago. I have seen a lot of other positive things happen around the department that have been a benefit to everyone. I see a lot more smiling faces around the station, rookies and old timers alike.

So Guest, get your facts straight before you make assumptions.

10-17-2007, 04:43 AM

Hey Guest, my name is David Akers. I am not hiding behind Guest like you. What is your name?
I swore I was not going to respond to any of the crap on this site, but I now feel the need to do so.

#6 - Under the current administration there is no "A" or "B" list. Everyone is equal.
#9 - I finally got the position I tried to get so many times over the years. I would have had it sooner but I was passed over so other people's buddies could have the position. One of which had to be forced to do his assigned job tasks.

Under the new administration everyone is held accountable for their actions &/or inaction. The agency is becoming a truly professional organization by receiving state accreditation. If you break the rules, you get reprimanded. If you do what is asked of you, you get shown appreciation. If you go above and beyond what is asked of you, you get rewarded for your initiative.

I enjoy coming to work again, like I did when I first started in law enforcement. When EG was present, I was counting the days until I hit my 20 year mark. I stopped counting now. Yes I am going into the drop, but it is so as to not lose the pension cola again.

I have seen JT get a renewed enthusiasm for doing his job. FP was finally taken off the desk and put on the road where he should have been a long time ago. I have seen a lot of other positive things happen around the department that have been a benefit to everyone. I see a lot more smiling faces around the station, rookies and old timers alike.

For what will happen in the future you have done a very stupid thing sucked in by the RP backstabbers. Gary had a right to attack but did you? You should have been TERMINATED many years ago ( on the advice of the current city attorney and asst. city attorney-you should see the copies of memos they drafted) but old school fraternity stuck by you and kept your job. Do you think RP would now. HR ( Brenda hated you for the traffic citations you gave her family) but we stuck by you. Looking back, that was probably a big mistake watching your back but that is what we did back then. Not any more.Yea you wanted a full time traffic position but we could afford motors , not the slick back car and the city manager hated you and still does because what you did to brenda and his NW neighbors. You were given all the OT you could handle because you produced and generated additional bucks for the city. Not a smart move my friend, not a smart move at all.

10-17-2007, 09:24 AM
DAVE DAVE DAVE
What were you thinking when you posted that?
I agree with defending yourself, but HIM.
I had some respect for you when others had none. I defended you to them when NO ONE would. Im glad you finally got what you want out of your career, but it came as a great expense to many more.
In your little tirade of a previous post you completely overlook what has been done to others. I would use my name, but YOU KNOW what would happen if I did. I'm at a loss for words. I think you're on your own now. Good bye.

10-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I thought you were a kicker for the eagles

10-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Dave??? What on earth is wrong with you? First of all, I love reading the lines, "I swore I was not going to respond to any of the crap on this site." We all know that everyone and I mean everyone has posted on this site. Second, there are people being treated the same way that you were treated once upon a time. Is that ok with you? Is it ok because now it is someone else and not you? I can't believe what you have become. Just because the tables have turned does not make it right. RP is not a good person. He is only good to you because you kiss his arse and post "I LOVE THE CHIEF" comments on here. Get a grip Dave, it's the troops that have to back you up on the streets....not the Chief.

10-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I have said it once and I'll say it again, I truly look at all of the oldtimers at WM as my friends. I don't always agree with everyone and all of you don't always agree with me. It sounds like this will be one of those times that several of you won't agree with me.

I for one am very proud of Dave for coming on here and defending himself. You don't need to agree with Dave's methods or actions, but you do have to respect the fact that he has never changed; he has always maintained his beliefs, he never quite going after what he wanted and now that he has acheived his goal he has embraced it and done his job well.

We have always known that if you get stopped by Dave you are more than likely getting a citation, no matter who you are. Now I don't agree with that philosophy, but who am I to judge. As a matter of fact I give Dave credit once again for not backing down to those in high ranking city positions. Why do they or their families deserve special treatment? Especially when it seems many people in those positions are against the police department.

So I say, good job Dave. Keep up the good work and I'm glad to hear you are happy.

10-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I thought you were a kicker for the eagles

LMAO

10-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Tom? Are you serious? So basically you're happy for and proud of DA for coming out of the closet. It's one thing to say something along the lines of not having issues with the new administration but to come out and basically brown nose the chief is absolutely pathetic. I can say to the senior guys who always put Dave down and ignored him, maybe you asked for this. But Dave needs to pull his loud shouting of support back a bit.

I have said it once and I'll say it again, I truly look at all of the oldtimers at WM as my friends. I don't always agree with everyone and all of you don't always agree with me. It sounds like this will be one of those times that several of you won't agree with me.

I for one am very proud of Dave for coming on here and defending himself. You don't need to agree with Dave's methods or actions, but you do have to respect the fact that he has never changed; he has always maintained his beliefs, he never quite going after what he wanted and now that he has acheived his goal he has embraced it and done his job well.

We have always known that if you get stopped by Dave you are more than likely getting a citation, no matter who you are. Now I don't agree with that philosophy, but who am I to judge. As a matter of fact I give Dave credit once again for not backing down to those in high ranking city positions. Why do they or their families deserve special treatment? Especially when it seems many people in those positions are against the police department.

So I say, good job Dave. Keep up the good work and I'm glad to hear you are happy.

10-24-2007, 11:14 PM

Dave, Did you get your wife to write this?

10-25-2007, 03:42 AM
[quote="Gary Blocker":3hzxdulv]So I got a call this morning telling me I was yet again getting thrown under the bus for no reason. The fact is you need to quit assuming who is writing on this website or question those who are telling you I am writing here, and you need to quit being the coward you are by coming onto this website and writing. Not one post I have made, but you still assume that I have for some unknown reason. I see that your name is not on here, but mine is. Why be anonymous, stand up for yourself and show your name. Seems to me you have been on this website way more times than I have(3 times in a year). I have better things to do, seems you do not. Seems to me you reading this website irritates you and causes you aggravation. Are you concerned someone may post something about you? Why be concerned? Because you question your own integrity or lack there of!!! Keep reading and posting. Have at it tough guy. I just ask that whoever this coward is approach me and we will discuss your concerns about me. Do not be scared, just do what a responsible adult/co-worker would do, speak to someone face to face if they have a concern. Let's just discuss your lies about me. I have a fealing you won't have the courage to approach me. So just shut the f*** up unless you're posting facts.

Gary, good for you for coming on here and sticking up for yourself. Don't let this BS bother you, everyone that truly knows you knows how great of a cop you are and that you aren't the type to talk behind peoples backs. By the way, congratulations on the move to the DB.[/quote:3hzxdulv]

Gary do you have an answer yet. Did not think so. This group are cowards but you are a fraternity cop or detective so we all wish you well.

03-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Before we had chief that let certain special officers do as they please and NOW we have a chief who runs the department.
Wasn't Ed Costello one of those that did as he pleased. Sucked up to the old Chief and is making a career of sucking up to the present chief.

03-31-2008, 03:36 AM

I don't know if you have worked any where else but any manager/administrator/chief has his or hers favorite people no matter what. Not sure I have heard it called a 'A' and 'B' list. There are always the people you can count on and then theres the people who suck up or stab you in the back.