PDA

View Full Version : City May Punish for Repeated Police Calls

Frankly Speaking
10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
I read this in the paper today. No I dont work for LPD, but I do work for the PCSO.. so if LPD adopts this, PCSO will more then likely do the same, just under some acronym.

After reading this today, I've noticed all the calls for service in the excessive amounts.. Talbot, bars, the mall, walmart, and etc. Ive noticed its either were teenagers hang out or where the bums live. How about if the calls for service were excessive, instead of fining them, how about making them beef up security with extra details.

I dont agree with this comment your commissioner said ""I think calls for service is easier to understand by the public,'' Boring said" Yup.. the public understands that if they call law enforcement and Mallory deems it to much, they are fined.. great.. means persons crimes will go up because they think nothing will get done unless they take matters into their own hands.

How many neighborhood spats do we go to in a week.. 5, 6, 9? As much as we dont care for it, thats our job.. maybe if the upper staff worked the streets (HAHAHAHAAHHAAH YEAH RIGHT) they would understand things dont get solved behind desks or at the golf courses.... things get solved when you work the streets. Just because you did it back in the 80s and crimes were solved, doesnt mean the same tactics would be effective today.. so they think.

They need to put more people on patrol/streets... Its our officer safety..

And I dont care if youre green, blue, tan, or black.. we all do the same job.. if the upper staff (I"m laughing again) would stop doing the 'us vs them', things would be better between departments.

The road patrols dont have teamwork issues.. its the upper staff that does.

Keep up the great work LPD.. we at the SO have the same problems you do, only ours is trying to take over the cities and not focusing on the morale of his subordinates... you can only kick a dog for so long before they dont come back. Judd does a decent job.. we just dont think he knows what his upper Chiefs are doing.

Good luck and take care...