PDA

View Full Version : Glock

10-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I see some MDPD officers now carrying Glocks, is that something new? I never used to see MDPD officers with Glocks.

10-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Should have gone to Glock 20 yrs ago...but as always politics play a role in the decision making.

Bolo Loco

10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Glocks are great! Ask William Lozano!!!!!

10-16-2007, 11:03 PM
u can blame all the trainers for training officers in the eighties for putting your finger on the trigger before being ready to fire. How many AD had the county had>>>>and the brown gowns do not carry the finest combat a pistol every made

10-17-2007, 12:02 AM
BRO GO BACK TO MPD SITE LOOSERS

10-17-2007, 01:38 AM
mpd needs glock .45 cal and h and k carbines at no cost to the officers.

10-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Who pee'd in your cereal sunshine...ask most of your trainers and even your range master thay all wanted Glocks instead, but like always you are always behind the eight ball on technology and equipment. Oh yeah congrats on your new finger printing tech. only been around since Jesus was a baby.

Oh yeah and learn to spell the word "loser" that way your not such a looooooooser in grammar.

10-23-2007, 10:15 PM
mpd needs glock .45 cal and h and k carbines at no cost to the officers.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ALVAREZ'S 1999 AUTHORIZATION OF THE .45 CALIBER? SEMI-AUTO PISTOLS LIKE THE BERETTA 8045, SIG SAUER P220, AND OTHER WERE APPROVED TOO! SADLY THOUGH NOT THE GLOCK!

10-24-2007, 04:05 AM
County went to a "special" 9MM sig saur. Costing newbies $800+. Have an in-law who is a county major, and he told me about the "testing" process of this fine weapon. Seem you county mounties are trying a new way to carry a duty weapon. You dragged the Sig 10 MILES behind a county car and then test fired it. That should be a nest tick to fast draw your weapon when facing an armed felon. And the your finger print computer? Nice of you guys to catch up. Miami P D had the first finger print computer IN THE WORLD up and running in 1980. So, your going to a caliber that won't hurt a druggie and after 27 years you get a finger print computer. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Your the best in the state. In your minds, MAY BE. Oh yes, your SRT? started when in 74 or 75? Miami had one in 68. And the K-9 unit the FAA made you get, that was when, 1979-80 ? Miami and everyone else in the county had one in the 60's. Now bring up the river cops and I will tell you about your chief bobby Gonzalez. You guys still carry the little note books with all the 12 places phone numbers, or now that you HAVE hand held radios is that out of "vogue" ?
"

11-07-2007, 11:14 AM

Who pee'd in your cereal sunshine...ask most of your trainers and even your range master thay all wanted Glocks instead, but like always you are always behind the eight ball on technology and equipment. Oh yeah congrats on your new finger printing tech. only been around since Jesus was a baby.

Oh yeah and learn to spell the word "loser" that way your not such a looooooooser in grammar.

DUDE , YOU SPELLED "THEY" LIKE THIS-THAY. I JUST HAD TO STOP BY HERE B/C THE FHP SITE IS TOO DEPRESSING. WELL GUYS I GOT TO GO MY FRIENDS ARE COMING OVER AND WE ARE GOING TO PLAY "REAL POLICE" IN MY BACKYARD. :lol:

11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
i know they do that , you wanta bet.

11-30-2007, 02:16 AM

DUDE , YOU SPELLED "THEY" LIKE THIS-THAY. I JUST HAD TO STOP BY HERE B/C THE FHP SITE IS TOO DEPRESSING. WELL GUYS I GOT TO GO MY FRIENDS ARE COMING OVER AND WE ARE GOING TO PLAY "REAL POLICE" IN MY BACKYARD. :lol:

"real police"???? FHP is nothing more than AAA with a badge. You guy need to come to the county and see what it's like to be a cop not a glorified road ranger.

12-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Glocks are great! Ask William Lozano!!!!!

You want to talk about what Lozano did...Thank god the six officers that took turns didn't have have a Glock huh?

"Miami-Dade Police accused of brutalizing former brother-in-law of Miami-Dade County Mayor"

12-05-2007, 03:37 AM
The child doesn't know a thing about the case. lozano never said it was an accidental discharge kid. he said he jumped out of the way and shot. And if you knew anything about shooting, no cop in the world gets an intentional head shot at a guy going by at 90 miles an hour on a motorcycle. And the jury in orlando, found him not guilty. Now eat a cookie and go to bed child.

12-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Dude.If you find it necessary to speak about past events, at leat get your facts straight.
You Have mixed the McFuffy incident, 1980 (Kel-Lights) with the Lozano screw-up (Glock)
Ps.
Willie Lozano is a great guy, but he is better off out of this line of work.

12-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Dude.If you find it necessary to speak about past events, at leat get your facts straight.
You Have mixed the McFuffy incident, 1980 (Kel-Lights) with the Lozano screw-up (Glock)
Ps.

If we are going to cite perhaps the worst civil disturbance to hit Miami-Dade County, let's do it right. It was the Arthur McDuffie disturbances; too many innocent people died as a result of that flare-up! We [MDPD] was so unprepared; so out of the loop, that Miami PD had to rescue our command staff from the 1420 NW 14 Street Building!

12-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Oh, you mean the one where the rioters got past the security desk at the old HQ building and went on to the second floor Homicide Office before they were repelled.
If you are looking for blame, look no further than the County Manager and the testicularly challenged Director at that time.

Was there, got the T-Shirt!

12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
My Brother-in-law works up at Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO).
The new guys are required to purchase the Glock 22 (.40cal). They can also get the Glock 27 (mini .40cal) as a backup.
Deputies who already had other weapon systems are grandfathered in, but if they make a new purchase, it must be the Glock (.40cal)

Personally I like the Glock .40, but would rather have the .45cal.

12-21-2007, 01:37 AM
The new guys are required to purchase the Glock 22 (.40cal). They can also get the Glock 27 (mini .40cal) as a backup.
Deputies who already had other weapon systems are grandfathered in, but if they make a new purchase, it must be the Glock (.40cal)

When one's life is in the balance, for those that can handle the truth, nothing is better than the "Hard Nine;" the Glock 21 is among the best 45 available!

12-21-2007, 02:07 AM

When one's life is in the balance, for those that can handle the truth, nothing is better than the "Hard Nine;" the Glock 21 is among the best 45 available!

12-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Glocks are great! Ask William Lozano!!!!!Your right ask him. THe gun is great he was just a dope that didn't use it properly!

12-31-2007, 04:29 AM
Ps.

If we are going to cite perhaps the worst civil disturbance to hit Miami-Dade County, let's do it right. It was the Arthur McDuffie disturbances; too many innocent people died as a result of that flare-up! We [MDPD] was so unprepared; so out of the loop, that Miami PD had to rescue our command staff from the 1420 NW 14 Street Building!

It went down on a saturday. And when was the command staff anywhere near 14 st on a weekend? The 25 detectives trapped were very happy to see the city on 14 st that night. And if that was a "flare up", what do you call murder, looting, arson and firefights with snipers? 82 riots were a "flare up" if you count only St Neville of Overtown getting his forehead parted when he grabbed a 25 auto on his side. Yes the herald never printed that part, did they.

12-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Lets see now:
The City Of Miami had to get the trapped Detectives out of HQ
The City Of Hialeah had to get the officers trapped in Northside
Were all the PSD people at Dunking Doughnuts?

01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Dude, catch up with the times. They are MIAMI-dade now.

01-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, but they were PSD then.
But you are right, its hard to keep up with the agency name on a particular month.
They must be suffering from some type of identity crisis.
How about the Dade County Sherrif's Office, now that has a nice ring to it.

01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
The only thing that former mayor Alex Penis-less ever did was change the name to Miami-Dade county and know he's proud of that.

01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
The name change game was started by politico who hated being asked "where is dade county?". They tried to change 2-3 times before they succeeded by having the vote in august, when lots of folks are on vacation. And the bosses on 25 st, HATE the new name.

01-10-2008, 12:02 AM

Their Sheriff is in the process of issuing both Glocks for on-duty and off-duty. They already issue every Deputy a AR-15 and shotgun.

I prefer the HK, but Glocks are nice.

01-10-2008, 01:15 AM

Their Sheriff is in the process of issuing both Glocks for on-duty and off-duty. They already issue every Deputy a AR-15 and shotgun.

One of the many benefits of being led by an elected Sheriff. The Sheriff's first duty is to his deputies, providing them the tools to effectively and safely do their job. Funds for accessories like AR15 can come for LETF, grants or other sources. What is needed is will to support your troops, period!

If we [LEOs] are to be on par with the street terrorists' AK47, I prefer the AR10 .308 caliber.

01-10-2008, 03:52 PM

One of the many benefits of being led by an elected Sheriff. The Sheriff's first duty is to his deputies, providing them the tools to effectively and safely do their job. Funds for accessories like AR15 can come for LETF, grants or other sources. What is needed is will to support your troops, period!

If we [LEOs] are to be on par with the street terrorists' AK47, I prefer the AR10 .308 caliber.

You hit the nail on the head

01-10-2008, 08:02 PM

One of the many benefits of being led by an elected Sheriff. The Sheriff's first duty is to his deputies, providing them the tools to effectively and safely do their job. Funds for accessories like AR15 can come for LETF, grants or other sources. What is needed is the will to support your troops -- period!

You hit the nail on the head

If I did, then let us, individually and collectively through the PBA and other representative organizations, petition County Commissioners to put the elected Sheriff question on the November 4, 2008 ballot. Compare to the status quo, the elected Sheriff is the best alternative for Miami-Dade County Law Enforcement!

01-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Keep your AR10 and give me a Barret 50, now there is authority.

01-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Keep your AR10 and give me a Barrett 50, now there is authority. Yeah, but not realistic!

http://www.barrettrifles.com/

01-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Keep your AR10 and give me a Barrett 50, now there is authority. Yeah, but not realistic!

http://www.barrettrifles.com/

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?i ... 488ec48776 (http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10A2C&Category=f4bd4a13-55d1-41aa-aea0-49488ec48776)

01-28-2008, 01:15 AM
OK
I am not joking any more
Gots to have this

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=90634682 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90634682)

02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
IF THE GUY LOZANO HAD BEEN A WHITE LATIN MALE, WE WOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT HIM

03-03-2008, 04:44 AM
IF THE GUY LOZANO HAD BEEN A WHITE LATIN MALE, WE WOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT HIM

If the drug dealer hadn't run from the Police and tried to run Lozano over, he wouldn't have been shot.

03-05-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwXO-KTVxk

03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Ye4QeD_BAc