PDA

View Full Version : PBA has been busy

10-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Seems the State PBA is interested in ECSO. They just did a huge public records request. They've also sent out ballots to their members to poll thier members about who they are likely to suport as a Sheriff candidate.

http://www.nwfpba.org/news1/

10-13-2007, 07:24 PM
that financial request is going to be real ugly.....I bet there are some people stressing out right about now....as far as who PBA members would support as sheriff, I am glad to see a ballot going out....

10-13-2007, 08:56 PM
My ballot has already been cut out, marked, placed in an envelope, and mailed. The feedback should make for interesting commentary.

10-13-2007, 09:44 PM
My ballot has already been cut out, marked, placed in an envelope, and mailed. The feedback should make for interesting commentary.

Me too!

I cut mine out, marked Scapecchi and stuffed the envelope only to realize I'm out of dadgum stamps! Oh well, it'll just have to got out on Monday instead. Won't hurt anyway since the deal was made to support him.

Kudos to Bain and the whole PBA board for having the gumption to go after Ronnie Mac so soon. Larry is gonna have fun using all that information against him.

Let us know when James or whoever is going to make that press release so we stay away from the main office. Boy is Ronnie Smack gonna be pissed and there may be lots of incidental touching!

10-13-2007, 10:48 PM

Me too!

I cut mine out, marked Scapecchi and stuffed the envelope only to realize I'm out of dadgum stamps! Oh well, it'll just have to got out on Monday instead. Won't hurt anyway since the deal was made to support him.

What deal?

10-14-2007, 01:39 AM
are they sending ballots out to all PBA members or do you have to be on a mailing list or something?

10-14-2007, 02:01 AM
They are only sending it out to Morgan supporters. :lol:

Read the article.

10-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Ballots on your Hotsheet (Posted 10/13/2007)

If you haven't already recieved your Hotsheet in the mail you are probably one of the following:

A) Not a NWFPBA Member.

B) Have moved and not updated your address with us.

C) Live in the sticks and it takes a few days to get your mail.

You'll notice inside a ballot that we want you to complete and return to us. It wants to know out of the four current candidates for Sheriff (Lucas, McNesby, Morgan, Scapecchi) who would you be most likely to support at this time.

In the past, NWFPBA has been accused of not getting enough membership input when a candidate was chosen. This is the first step in changing that. We hope to send out several more identical ballots in the months upcoming to the election to track changes, interest, etc.

It's going to take a little work on your part. You're going to have to cut it out and mail it (Your envelope, your stamp) or drop it off at the PBA Office, or give it to a Board member. (You're also going to have to overcome any paranoia/conspiracy theories that the ballots are marked with invisible ink so we can find out who you are and who you support LOL). If you aren't willing to take an effort to do these things, it is highly unlikely that you will be willing to take a stand by donating to our chosen candidate, knocking on doors, standing on street corners, manning phone banks, etc.

Step up membership. Tell us how you feel. Get us your ballot back Pronto!

10-14-2007, 04:39 AM
Ballots on your Hotsheet (Posted 10/13/2007)
Step up membership. Tell us how you feel. Get us your ballot back Pronto!

Aye Aye.

Can I send all 350 of "my" ballots back in the same envelope or do I need to send them separately?

10-14-2007, 01:08 PM
You must not have got one or you'd see it's easier siad then done.

10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
OK, I’m a new guy, not from here. But here’s my 2 cents worth. I almost dropped out of George Stone after being told about 100 times to keep a record, the black book. CYA, all the time. Then the realities of the weirdo’s in admin became apparent and I then knew why. McNesby, Smith, Williams, all of them.

My point? It might have been a better approach with Morgan to start with “hi, I’m Bain Custer, President of the PBA. We understand your running for sheriff.” Who wouldn’t be pissed off with your first contact being “your problems?” I am afraid that any good relationship with Morgan is now lost. Some of you (especially admin) are happy about this, and some just don’t care. I think it was a mistake.

I have read both sides, more than once, and mistakes were made on both.

I have come not to trust the sheriff, or Smith. They have lied and avoided the membership since I have been here. Morgan is still an unknown; he hasn’t done anything to hurt the deputy’s no matter what Bain is saying.

Anyway, I don’t see a whole lot of good coming from this. All I got out of it was our union eliminating a viable candidate. It looks a whole lot to me, and others, that this was a huge payback for some past passes being given out.

Time will tell.

10-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Morgan chose the direction. Morgan chose to provide misinformation and outright lies. Even when Morgan was provided with factual information that clearly indicated his previous comments were incorrect, he chose not to provide the correct information.

If anyone eliminated a viable candidate, it was the candidate himself.

If you are unhappy with the McNesby administration, how in world do you think you could be happy with the Morgan group? Did you not read the reply to the PBA questions, or his repsonse to the information providing the correct answers to the 7 questions? The PBA simply did as Morgan as asked of any prosective voter. Ask questions! Morgans answered in such an arrogant, rude tone and showed he is not any better than the current regime.

Again, if anyone eliminated a viable candidate, it was the candidate himself. I wont vote for Morgan or McNesby. Their actions speak very loudly.

10-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I have not heard of ANY deputies that would support morgan. Maybe a few jailers, but not ANY deputies.

All the sheriff's office needs is a little integrity. Someone to do the right thing whether its the popular thing or not. Neither the current sheriff or Morgan can provide that type of integrity and both have already proved it. It's time someone stepped up in this county and did the right thing for the deputies and the citizens, the criminals have taken this county over and it has to stop before its too far out of control to regain.

10-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Morgan chose the direction. Morgan chose to provide misinformation and outright lies. Even when Morgan was provided with factual information that clearly indicated his previous comments were incorrect, he chose not to provide the correct information.

If you are unhappy with the McNesby administration, how in world do you think you could be happy with the Morgan group? Did you not read the reply to the PBA questions, or his repsonse to the information providing the correct answers to the 7 questions? The PBA simply did as Morgan as asked of any prosective voter. Ask questions! Morgans answered in such an arrogant, rude tone and showed he is not any better than the current regime.

Again, if anyone eliminated a viable candidate, it was the candidate himself. I wont vote for Morgan or McNesby. Their actions speak very loudly.

I did read Morgan's stuff and I don't see the errors. To me it looks like the PBA is twisting things to make McNesby look good. I don't know what kind of sheriff that nay of the candidates will make. Except McNesby. He sucks. But it looks like the PBA is afraid of Morgan because he won't play ball with the ways things were done in the past. This county is in a world of hurt and playing word games with Morgan won't fix the PBA's integrity or help anybody. To the other post above... The "jailers" are DEPUTIES." And why do you think they are for Morgan? Somebody tell me please?

10-15-2007, 01:33 AM
To the other post above... The "jailers" are DEPUTIES." And why do you think they are for Morgan? Somebody tell me please?

Hummm..wonder where you work? Exactly my point, a handful, and NOT many jailers support morgan....sorry, didn't think that a title was a big deal....BTW...Didn't Mcnesby give the jailers the new title?

10-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes McNesby did give the CO's the title of Detention Deputy.

Also, the above poster that says the PBA has eliminated a viable candidate, you need some reading glasses or something. Morgan did this all on his own and all the PBA did was ask where he got all of his information reference his off the wall accusations. He would not say where he got it, the PBA found the "real" information, posted it and then Morgan basically admits he made campaign videos based on nothing more than rumors. I do agree that McNesby needs to go but I will say that Morgan doesn't even deserve a shot at it. He has proven time and time again that he lacks the integrity he so rightously bashes the current admin about. Bye David Morgan, you never even had a chance.

10-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Yes McNesby did give the CO's the title of Detention Deputy.

I do agree that McNesby needs to go but I will say that Morgan doesn't even deserve a shot at it. He has proven time and time again that he lacks the integrity he so rightously bashes the current admin about. Bye David Morgan, you never even had a chance.

We all hear this exact statement repeated throughout the department over and over again, almost word for word....

10-15-2007, 02:26 AM

I did read Morgan's stuff and I don't see the errors. To me it looks like the PBA is twisting things to make McNesby look good. I don't know what kind of sheriff that nay of the candidates will make. Except McNesby. He sucks. But it looks like the PBA is afraid of Morgan because he won't play ball with the ways things were done in the past. This county is in a world of hurt and playing word games with Morgan won't fix the PBA's integrity or help anybody. To the other post above... The "jailers" are DEPUTIES." And why do you think they are for Morgan? Somebody tell me please?

Not to be blunt but if you "read Morgan's stuff and don't see the errors" you are an idiot. How about his "fact" that 15 of the "Jail Deaths" occured under McNesby and in reality 3 he listed occured under the Lowman administration. They brought up numerous valid points and he admitted not one mistake?

David Craig attacked the PBA first after they issued a correction to his post ON THIS BOARD citing "PBA releases" as one of his sources. The PBA took heat from the administration because Craig made it sound that the PBA was giving Morgan BS info that backed up his BS lies. The PBA issued a Statement on their site stating they hadn't given info to any candidate and what Craig said didn't appear to be true. Craig got on here and started going off on PBA leadership.

As for Morgan being upset with the "Problems with David Morgan", that was explained to Morgan and Craig in phone calls. It was supposed to read "Problems with David Morgan Videos" but Tallahasee inadvertantly left off "videos" when they printed them. That was explained to Craig and Morgan before the meeting. Maybe Craig having a tantrum with Bain on the phone demanding that Morgan be allowed to speak at a members only meeting started things downhill. Maybe VP Nix calling Morgan to explain why he couldn't speak at the meeting was an olive branch. If you'll read the minutes you'll see the vote was 14-2 to give him a chance to explain the seeming errors in a letter. Another olive branch. Those two opposed wanted to go right to the public with the errors. It could've been much worse. The letter asking him to explain and provide proof was respectful and neutral.

His second letter telling them if they wanted facts they'd have to find them themselves. PBA DID EXACTLY WHAT HE TOLD THEM TO DO. If you were a PBA member and attended the meetings you would know this history.

It boils down to this. Morgan needs the PBA much more than the PBA needs Morgan. The PBA is fixing to sink up to $70,000 in this next local election. Morgan has effectively thumbed his nose at the PBA. To have Morgan's Media advisor on this board talk smack about the PBA and to have Morgan say the crap he says on his videos, and to send the latest letter (If it's actually been sent) shows he has no concept of that.

Morgan made the critical mistake of making David Craig his closest advisor. Someone who takes any and all opportunities to put ECSO cops in a bad light (including editing video). Morgan's major contributors are people who have personal vendettas against the sheriff's office and don't care if deputies get caught in the cross fire. (Famous quote from Arety on RMPT "Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omlet." Referring to deputies misdoings being exposed to get rid of McNesby").

Morgan made the second critical mistake of making Doc Ely his campaign manager. Someone who was McNesby's best bud until his son was fired. Now Doc goes to ACLU/Movement for Change Rallies and will do whatever necessary to make the SO look bad to get rid of McNesby. Morgan himself has a close relative as well who was fired from the ECSO BTW.

Keep this in mind. Morgan is not a new candidate. He has run once before, he has been looked at by the PBA before. He has been passed over before. He was defeated. PBA knows what he's about. What has he offered different except $35,000 starting that would only worsen compression. He says there's plenty of money. Tens of millions of it to give to deputies. The PBA knows that is not true. If anything he had a better chance of getting their support last election.

Maybe he should have thought about approaching the PBA long before he surrounded himself with his inner circle. Maybe he should have sought information to disprove his "confidential informants". Maybe Morgan should have denounced Civilian Review Boards which PBA is always 100% against. Maybe Morgan should have offered proof to his claims. Maybe he should have humpled himself and admitted his mistakes.

As for what the actual facts in his videos are, it appears Morgan has made the choice to have it tried in public...I hope when they do they expose all of them, not just these seven.

10-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Maybe he should have humpled himself and admitted his mistakes.

Lol I meant humbled, but strangely enough, "humpled himself" seems appropriate. Freudian Slip FTW. :D

10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Thank you for calling me an idiot. For you to exhibit such hostility so often makes it unlikely that you'd know an olive branch if it smacked you in the face. So you insulted the candidate and "explained" it to him? An apology would have been more in order. So Mr. (or Deputy) Nice Guy, how about answering the question. Why do the "jailers" support Morgan? He's been complaining about the deaths at the jail. Shouldn't they be calling him an idiot like you call everyone with whom you disagree? You substitute anger for reason in most of your diatribes. I think whomever you are for is who the public should be against. Personally, I think the deputies deserve a raise. So does Morgan. I have never heard him behave like an ill mannered thug. But you, who seem to be a PBA insider, know no other way to act. Morgan seems much more trustworthy than the sheriff. He has corrected a minor error, thanks to the PBA commentary, in reference to the retirement issue. So he has humbled himself and acted in an honorable manner. The fact that he stands behind his other statements doesn't make him a liar. And it doesn't make you wrong either. It just means he has a different interpretation of the information available. People still have a right to their opinions in this country. You have the right to disagree. Just like a jury verdict with which you may disagree, the voters will eventually have their say. But here's what I've learned from the PBA executive so far. You have an agenda, you are ill mannered animals and you should be ignored. See you at the polls!

10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
You can call me a jailer, a C.O., or a Detention Deputy, but no matter what you call me, I will not vote for David Morgan. He lacks credibility. I have heard his commentary. I have read his replys to questions. I have seen what Morgan calls "proof" and I have seen the information provided by the PBA and that I have witnessed first hand. For what I know, I know that Morgan twist facts and relies on rumors as facts. He has failed to corect his misinformation. He is arrogant.

If Morgan believes that "jailers" support him, i don't doubt that a handful do. But, overwhelmingly, the jailers do not believe that crap that Morgan is saying.

I for one, do not need of desire four years of David Morgan.

10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Morgan may be more trustworthy than our current sheriff but he is not trustworthy enough to get my vote, sorry!

10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Morgan may be more trustworthy than our current sheriff but he is not trustworthy enough to get my vote, sorry!

You've said who you will not vote for so at this point, unless someone else enters the race that leaves you two that you can vote for, Lucas or Scapecchi?

10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
My money is on just about anyone other than Morgan or McNesby.

10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
ditto

10-16-2007, 12:34 AM
I haven't seen a sheriff candidate in this race who I look forward to voting for but instead see lessors of various evils.

This race sucks.

10-16-2007, 12:41 AM
I agree with the lessor of two or four evils.

10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Bain,
David Morgan sent the reply to your letter on the 11th. Can we expect you to post it on your PBA blog soon?
Thanks,
David Craig

10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
The PBA has a blog?

10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
OK Website. The one with the updated news posts. (like a blog)

10-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Bain,
David Morgan sent the reply to your letter on the 11th. Can we expect you to post it on your PBA blog soon?
Thanks,
David Craig

Why would you use an anonymous blog for official communication? I'm sure you know how to get a hold of Bain if you want to being that you've done it several times in the past. You posted the last Morgan response on RNN's site. Why don't you do the same with this one if you want it out so quick?

10-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Bain,
Thanks,
David Craig

Why would you use an anonymous blog for official communication?
Maybe you should ask the PBA the same question. Their Original 7 questions were posted here and their response to David Morgan's return letter as well. My answer to your question is "why not?" The deputies are interested in the matter and to be fair the PBA should post the response. Also this is only an "anonymous" blog if the posts are anonymous; like yours. Other than one "badge bunny" post that listed me as the author, all of the posts with my name as author are not "anonymous."

I'm sure you know how to get a hold of Bain if you want to being that you've done it several times in the past. For now, I prefer keeping my relationship with the PBA a public matter. It leaves less to interpretation. For example, I haven't yet read that my polite request was a "tantrum."

You posted the last Morgan response on RNN's site. Are we seeing things now? Please let me know where on the only RNN site, realitynews.net, the response is (or was) posted?

Why don't you do the same with this one if you want it out so quick? I can't do the "same" since I didn't do it to begin with. I think that it's better addressed in the arenas where it has been introduced already by the PBA. Here and on their website where the deputies can see the letters and judge for themselves. I simply asked if we can expect to see it on the site soon.

10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
The PBA didn't post their letter here. It was posted on the PBA website and then someone copied only a portion here (The questions, not the introduction).

As for your request to show where you posted the letter on RNN here you go (Posted by you).

David Craig

Posted: 09/13/07 01:50:39 Post subject: Official reply to PBA request for information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://realitynews.net/answer.pdf

Candidate Morgan couldn't have sent the letter till the night of the 11th. That means it was picked up in the mail on Friday. At the earliest our office got it Monday. We don't make mail runs every day and when our Secretary gets it she will call Bain to pick it up. Bain will get it when he has time and give it to the webmaster whenever he sees him (sometimes weeks). The webmaster will then post it when he has time. It took a month from the time Candidate Morgan wrote his last letter and the time it was posted. If you send me a .PDF file of the signed letter like the one you posted on your website the last time, it could speed things up a little bit. There is always the option of Candidate Morgan posting it on his own website.

NWFPBA Webmaster
nwfpbawebmaster@yahoo.com

10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for your reply. "Posted" refers to where the message "appears." As in, this message is "posted" on the LEO Affairs website. As was our reply to which you refer. Though stored on the reality server, it appears nowhere on the RNN website as the above "posted" message indicates. There is no link to it on the RNN website and no visitor to realitynews.net can find it there. Let's just call this particular reference to where the letters and documents were "stored" (so they could be posted on leoaffairs.com) a misunderstanding. No offense taken. I'll see if I can get that .pdf file to you at the email address you have provided. We appreciate your suggestion.

10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Not that I have any desire to get into a semantics debate but the American Heritage Dictionary defines "Post" as:

Computer Science To enter (a unit of information) on a record or into a section of storage.

So I was correct when I said it was posted on RNN's website. The point is still the same you can post (as in store) the reply on RNN news and link it here or anywhere else if there is a hurry to get it out.

To make your life a little easier (and don't we all need that?) you may want to take the time to sign up for our brand new news e-mail notification at http://www.nwfpba.org/mailinglist/ that way when I get around to posting it you can get an email notification so you don't have to keep checking the site. That should save you some time.

NWPBA Webmaster
http://www.nwfpba.org

10-17-2007, 11:24 PM
In the interest of world peace I non officially declare you non semantic debate winner. I took your advice and signed up for the mailing list. Thank you for the suggestion. The .pdf file will be on the way shortly. FYI I prefer Webster's definition: to publish (as a message) in an online forum (as an electronic bulletin board) It's a good example of how more than one opinion can be factually correct and deserving of respect. Something that I hope we can see more often in discourse. :idea:

10-18-2007, 01:27 AM
My, My, havn't we got mushy :lol:

I think you both were more entertaining when you were not so agreeable with each other... :P

10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Morgan is going to have a hard time coming up with a new definition for 19, 14.7, 15 etc.

11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
But here's what I've learned from the PBA executive so far. You have an agenda, you are ill mannered animals and you should be ignored. See you at the polls![/quote]

It always amazes me when people make ignorant statements. You seem shocked that PBA has an agenda. That is what PBA does. They form an agenda then work toward reaching the goal set. That is the job of PBA. If it takes being aggressive then thats what PBA will do. It is not difficult to understand (unless your not informed) that is the task of PBA. I have read your post several times and each time I find more to question with what you say. This was one of the times your thoughts would be better stored in your mind and not out for all to see. Then just ignore PBA. How stupid. PBA has now more money than any other person running for sheriff. Money that can be spent on anything PBA decides. SO you would ignore them. You have no future in politics and should not even be allowed into an adult conversation.