PDA

View Full Version : Official David Morgan Campaign reply to the PBA

10-12-2007, 04:32 AM
October 11, 2007

NWFL Chapter of PBA
163 East Burgess Road, Pensacola, FL 32503

RE: “Staff Work”

Dear President Custer:

I am in receipt of your “completed staff work.” Thank you for the Dissertation. However, it is woefully inadequate on several levels.

-The attachments I sent to you are from the Clerk of the Court. Beginning with the $80M for FY 2007. Are you choosing to completely disregard the LOST III funding beginning in July of 2007? It totals $47M, for a Grand Total of $127M. And you should also be aware that the Sheriff has requested $86M for FY 2008, raising the Grand Total to $133M. You may choose to believe that the LOST money is “not part of the Sheriff’s budget, but it is. Are you not driving patrol cars purchased under the LOST? Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to a Basic understanding of a Budget and Budgeting Processes is an “F.”

-Bonuses being paid to deputies. Please note that in the video’s we take care to make statements that are documented OR contain a “qualifying statement or disclaimer.” This was the case here. “We have heard or been told, and it is unconfirmed.”
Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to Listening and Understanding the Spoken Word is an “F.”

-Deaths in the Jail. I have been unequivocal in my criticism of the Administration, not the rank and file. I believe that the withholding or denial of medical care is “un-natural.” Inmates dying upon finally being transported to a hospital are not natural deaths. Inmates dying after “begging for medical care,” not received, or delayed to just moments prior to their demise, are not natural deaths. Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to Basic Medical Care is an “F.”

-19 People making more than the Governor. At no time have I stated that “the sheriff is paying.” What I have stated, repeatedly, is “make more than the governor.” Everyone (except the PBA) I have spoken with in Escambia County has understood this statement, as well as the insidious effect it has on local (ECSO) law enforcement. The people making more than the governor are those that have retired from the ECSO and then re-enter the ECSO with lucrative contract jobs. The proverbial “double-triple dip.” Want to retire and get called back for the cush job? Shut-up, play ball, don’t make waves. Many governmental agencies (especially federal service) prohibit this “revolving door practice.” And your use of the IN Article? And the statement that accessing public records is easy? The IN has been complaining for well over 6 months on the “stonewalling from the Sheriff’s Office over getting “public records” specifically “pay records.” They finally (out of frustration) accessed them through the Clerk of the Court.
Finally, this data on the number making “more than the governor” came from the researchers and “curmudgeons” on the BLAB weekly program Citizen’s Voice.
Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for Cognitive Ability in Linear and Nonlinear Thinking is an “F.”

-Actual Pay raises. The PBA failed the membership in tracking the yearly Cost of Living Increases (CLI) and Consumer Price Indexing (CPI). When an organization fails to provide more than basic CLI’s and no offsets for increases in medical care, etc. it is an all too common management practice to “sell” the idea of a raise when the actual numbers are not there. The rank and file at the ECSO is well below in all of these areas. You grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for Basic Understanding of CLI and CPI and its Debilitative Effect on Annual Employee Salaries and Actual Take Home Pay is an “F.”

-Cost of Parking Garage. BOCC Meeting Minutes and LOST II and III budgeting address this very issue. Your posted document lists an NTP (Notice to Proceed), which in contracting allows the selected contractor to begin work up to $2.2M. The document that you have not listed nor provided is the all important NTE (Not to Exceed) amount. That is the bottom line to any contracting effort unless the contract is modified. Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for a Basic understanding of Contracting, Terms and Meanings is an “F.”

-Road Deputies working Detention. I had dinner with a deputy working these very duties, as well as speaking with a recent “ECSO retiree” that has returned who stated one of his reasons was so “regular road deputies could work corrections.” Again, in the video we made a qualifying statement that “we have been told.” Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for a Basic understanding of a Qualifying and Unconfirmed Statement is an “F.”

I share your concern for “truth.” I would not have made such statements offering a “background release” for the media had I not.

You are “concerned” about the effect my statements may have on voters in an upcoming tax referendum? And the effect my statements may (or has) had on your organizations ability to negotiate for the members? How laudable of you!

Now, let me give you a “reality byte.” Tax cuts are coming. For us all. Your organization would not be faced with “devastation,” in the form of layoffs, if you had any leadership. What you are facing are unique management challenges. Ones that cannot be ignored by refusing to face reality. Such as;
-55% in Administration, being paid exorbitant salaries.
-A sheriff that has had his budget increase each year by tens of millions. YET, your organization is one of the lowest paid in the state. AND, there are less deputies and correctional officers on duty today than when he took office.
-Un-needed material (numbers of helicopters, command trailers, sniper rifles).
-Un-needed land purchase and facilities.
-Taxes that have increased by 156% (since 2001).

But you are aware of all of this. I need not lecture any further.
I am sincerely sorry that our association has gotten off to such a rocky start. I just take offense when someone that I’ve never met, nor shared a cup of coffee with, or had civil discussion with floats a notice titled “The Problems with David Morgan.”

I can almost be assured that we’ll never see a meeting called entitled “The Problems with Ron McNesby.”

As I have stated in a recent response to MOD 353 on the leoaffairs website, I support the PBA as the legal bargaining unit.

I look forward to a positive relationship with the PBA membership as the next sheriff of Escambia County.

Yours truly,

David Morgan
Candidate for Sheriff

PS: And by the way, several retired officers are providing information on the “hemorrhaging of money at the ECSO” as are other government agencies.

"Political advertisement paid for and approved by David Morgan, Republican, for Sheriff."

10-12-2007, 05:08 AM
As an Escambia County taxpayer, voter, and employee of the Sheriff Office, I give David Morgan a big fat "F" in his overall truthfulness.

Morgan's reply to the PBA is an continued attempt to mislead voters. No matter how he spins his misinformation, it still misinformation. Having a liar like Morgan as Sheriff, will not improve moral at the Sheriff's Office.

I now have questions for Morgan -

1) If you didn't mean to imply that "the sheriff is paying" employees more than the Governor, why not state that you are counting the employees current salary plus "other" income?

2) Are you sure the Governor doesn't have another source of income?

3) If we are going to compare apples to apples, list be completely factual. Please tell us, the Governor's total income and which S/O employees earns more than him.

4) If elected, will you double-dip on salary? Or will you tell the Federal Government you no longer desire your military retirement?

5) I listened to the infomercial's. I have heard your comments. Your repeated statements, called into questions by the PBA, did not contain "qualifying statements". Your comments of "we have been told", or "we have heard", or "it is unconfirmed" really translates into nothing but rumors and innuendos. Should the citizens of Escambia County rely on you to lead the Sheriff's Office knowing you rely on rumors and innuendos?

Mr. Morgan, your actions and your posted comments tonight are distasteful. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your new slogan could be:
Just another thug scamming the Escambia County taxpayer.

Your comments tonight continue to confirm why I will not vote for you. Escambia County will be a better place without you as a civil servant.

10-12-2007, 05:14 AM
I agree that Morgan should be ashamed of himself. He posts BS information in his videos and then when he is called on it he says "this is what we heard" "this is what we have been told"? You are about as unethical as our current man in charge. You will not get my vote or the votes of my family.

10-12-2007, 06:02 AM
That sounds oh so convincing but for 2 intrinsic facts. The public has seen the videos and they know what he has said. The deputies have seen the videos and they know what he has said as well. NOTHING has changed in what he stated in the videos and what he is saying now. You accuse the Morgan campaign of "spin." If "spin" is changing the facts to suit your agenda then it is you that is doing the spinning. "Spin" often works on those unfamiliar with the truth. The PBA members know the truth about McNesby and they like the idea of a raise and having their rights respected. The public knows the truth and the truth is - they are very angry with the sheriff for all of his misdeeds. Telling tales to those groups is a losing battle. I think you may know that in your private moments. But you've been ordered to mislead those with whom you share a uniform. Pssst. I have some news for you. It's not working.

10-12-2007, 07:22 AM
What a Putz. (Morgan that is)

10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
If the union and the union leaders are not biased and want to play the game fairly , now it's their turn to publicly list and post on this formum all the things they do not like about the other candidates including McNesby who they seem to favor.

Of course if they think that McNesby and all the other candidates are perfect and have no faults then they wont have much to say and it will be obvious they are simply anti Morgan.

10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
This letter says a lot about how David Morgan would be as a Sheriff.

-Refusal to admit he was wrong
-Believe rumors to be fact
-He believe's people are guilty till proven innocent (put a rumor out as fact and wait till it's siproved then still don't admit it.)
-Cronyism (Has dinner with a deputy who tells him something and he beleives that over the PBA Board and a public document)
-Unfair evaluator (An F in everything, no credit given at all)
-Short temper
-He will believe David Craig over deputies
-He gets his "facts" from bi*ch sessions on BLAB TV
-He wants the Sheriff's Office Budget Cut (of course you knew this he wants to give away $2 million of it to ECAT)
-He doesn't like to face reality

10-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I like the fact that he lies in his opening paragraph to try and show credibility. He didn't get the budget numbers from the clerk of the court. He got them from the Pensacola News Journal who got them from the clerk of the court. LOL. He has done no public records requests on these topics himself. The PBA shoofs him proof and its still not enough.

10-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Laugh wtf is shoofs. I meant shows. He's response is so pathetic I can't even type right.

10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
If the union and the union leaders are not biased and want to play the game fairly , now it's their turn to publicly list and post on this formum all the things they do not like about the other candidates including McNesby who they seem to favor.

Of course if they think that McNesby and all the other candidates are perfect and have no faults then they wont have much to say and it will be obvious they are simply anti Morgan.

3 things are wrong with this.

1. If you're a member of the PBA your opinion actually counts and you should call your rep. If you're not then it's really none of your business what the PBA does or your place to tell them what to do.

2. They haven't even started on Morgan's capabilities (or lack thereof) as a candidate, they asked some questions (which in their letter they pointed out he told all his watchers to do) he gave them no proof, so they found it on their own. McNesby hasn't put out any videos. I'm sure if he does and he lies in them they will do the same. Go look at the News archives on the PBA website. They've given the sheriff plenty of headaches.

3. If you believe Morgan's response, then the PBA just made themselves look stupid and lost credibility. Seems your a little overly concerned about it.

The PBA just needs to send their information to the local papers and let the public decide whose right.

10-12-2007, 07:00 PM
To the last person's reponse....That's next, just wait and and see

10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I'd love to rip Morgan's letter to shreds but my guess is this is a ploy and the "official" letter signed by Morgan will not read this way. (Much like the same way he posted his video # 10, waited for us to point out errors, then fixed them before broadcast.) Once I see a .PDF file posted on Morgan or RNN's site signed by Morgan I have lots to say...I would advise everyone not to comment further on this letter until then.

p.s. Have we ever gone this long without a Morganite spewing a lie on this board. I feel like I'm on vacation :D

10-13-2007, 06:58 PM
What kind of response can you give when looking at official documentation. And then, for Morgan to say "we were told" "we were advised". I am sure plenty of people are going to realize what kind of person he and his supporters really are. Down with McNesby and away with Morgan!!!!!!!!

10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm starting to get concered? Anyone think a Jim Jones type thing took place after the PBA letter? "O.K. as I sing my last Kareoke song we will be passing around some Kool-Aid..."

I hope they're O.K.

10-15-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm starting to get concered? Anyone think a Jim Jones type thing took place after the PBA letter? "O.K. as I sing my last Kareoke song we will be passing around some Kool-Aid..."

I hope they're O.K.

They have gathered together to think of their next lie to tell public.

10-15-2007, 01:06 AM
0r all the rats could be jumping off the sinking ship?

10-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Like Touart, Williams... Anyone seen the head rat recently?

08-01-2009, 04:29 AM

Dear President Custer:

I am in receipt of your “completed staff work.” Thank you for the Dissertation. However, it is woefully inadequate on several levels.

-The attachments I sent to you are from the Clerk of the Court. Beginning with the $80M for FY 2007. Are you choosing to completely disregard the LOST III funding beginning in July of 2007? It totals $47M, for a Grand Total of $127M. And you should also be aware that the Sheriff has requested $86M for FY 2008, raising the Grand Total to $133M. You may choose to believe that the LOST money is “not part of the Sheriff’s budget, but it is. Are you not driving patrol cars purchased under the LOST? Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to a Basic understanding of a Budget and Budgeting Processes is an “F.”

-Bonuses being paid to deputies. Please note that in the video’s we take care to make statements that are documented OR contain a “qualifying statement or disclaimer.” This was the case here. “We have heard or been told, and it is unconfirmed.”
Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to Listening and Understanding the Spoken Word is an “F.”

-Deaths in the Jail. I have been unequivocal in my criticism of the Administration, not the rank and file. I believe that the withholding or denial of medical care is “un-natural.” Inmates dying upon finally being transported to a hospital are not natural deaths. Inmates dying after “begging for medical care,” not received, or delayed to just moments prior to their demise, are not natural deaths. Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to Basic Medical Care is an “F.”

-19 People making more than the Governor. At no time have I stated that “the sheriff is paying.” What I have stated, repeatedly, is “make more than the governor.” Everyone (except the PBA) I have spoken with in Escambia County has understood this statement, as well as the insidious effect it has on local (ECSO) law enforcement. The people making more than the governor are those that have retired from the ECSO and then re-enter the ECSO with lucrative contract jobs. The proverbial “double-triple dip.” Want to retire and get called back for the cush job? Shut-up, play ball, don’t make waves. Many governmental agencies (especially federal service) prohibit this “revolving door practice.” And your use of the IN Article? And the statement that accessing public records is easy? The IN has been complaining for well over 6 months on the “stonewalling from the Sheriff’s Office over getting “public records” specifically “pay records.” They finally (out of frustration) accessed them through the Clerk of the Court.
Finally, this data on the number making “more than the governor” came from the researchers and “curmudgeons” on the BLAB weekly program Citizen’s Voice.
Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for Cognitive Ability in Linear and Nonlinear Thinking is an “F.”

-Actual Pay raises. The PBA failed the membership in tracking the yearly Cost of Living Increases (CLI) and Consumer Price Indexing (CPI). When an organization fails to provide more than basic CLI’s and no offsets for increases in medical care, etc. it is an all too common management practice to “sell” the idea of a raise when the actual numbers are not there. The rank and file at the ECSO is well below in all of these areas. You grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for Basic Understanding of CLI and CPI and its Debilitative Effect on Annual Employee Salaries and Actual Take Home Pay is an “F.”

-Cost of Parking Garage. BOCC Meeting Minutes and LOST II and III budgeting address this very issue. Your posted document lists an NTP (Notice to Proceed), which in contracting allows the selected contractor to begin work up to $2.2M. The document that you have not listed nor provided is the all important NTE (Not to Exceed) amount. That is the bottom line to any contracting effort unless the contract is modified. Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for a Basic understanding of Contracting, Terms and Meanings is an “F.”

-Road Deputies working Detention. I had dinner with a deputy working these very duties, as well as speaking with a recent “ECSO retiree” that has returned who stated one of his reasons was so “regular road deputies could work corrections.” Again, in the video we made a qualifying statement that “we have been told.” Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for a Basic understanding of a Qualifying and Unconfirmed Statement is an “F.”

I share your concern for “truth.” I would not have made such statements offering a “background release” for the media had I not.

You are “concerned” about the effect my statements may have on voters in an upcoming tax referendum? And the effect my statements may (or has) had on your organizations ability to negotiate for the members? How laudable of you!

Now, let me give you a “reality byte.” Tax cuts are coming. For us all. Your organization would not be faced with “devastation,” in the form of layoffs, if you had any leadership. What you are facing are unique management challenges. Ones that cannot be ignored by refusing to face reality. Such as;
-A sheriff that has had his budget increase each year by tens of millions. YET, your organization is one of the lowest paid in the state. AND, there are less deputies and correctional officers on duty today than when he took office.

I am sincerely sorry that our association has gotten off to such a rocky start. I just take offense when someone that I’ve never met, nor shared a cup of coffee with, or had civil discussion with floats a notice titled “The Problems with David Morgan.”

I can almost be assured that we’ll never see a meeting called entitled “The Problems with Ron McNesby.”

As I have stated in a recent response to MOD 353 on the leoaffairs website, I support the PBA as the legal bargaining unit.

I look forward to a positive relationship with the PBA membership as the next sheriff of Escambia County.

Yours truly,

David Morgan
Candidate for Sheriff

PS: And by the way, several retired officers are providing information on the “hemorrhaging of money at the ECSO” as are other government

Looking back, do you think he still feels the same since he's been elected?

08-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Dear President Custer:

Yours truly,

David Morgan
Candidate for Sheriff

PS: And by the way, several retired officers are providing information on the “hemorrhaging of money at the ECSO” as are other government

Looking back, do you think he still feels the same since he's been elected?

I was confused when I first read this post that is dated August 1, 2009. It apparently was composed at a much earlier date as it suggested that it represented what Morgan wrote when he was running for the office. It all made sense when I went to the very beginning of this thread and read that it indeed was initially posted on October 2007 when Morgan was campaigning. Being that there was no subsequent denial posted by Morgan anywhere that I can find that he didn’t post the message it must be assumed that it is an authentic posting of his.

This is a classic example of why the public does not trust politicians and why Morgan specifically should not be trusted. There are several key points he made that he completely reneged on as soon as he took office. That makes him a bald face liar who can not be trusted. If his word is no good, he’s no good. If he would lie in October of 2007 to try to get elected he’ll lie now and before he should believed about anything he says, it should be in writing, sworn to, witnesses and notarized. Otherwise he can always take the politician’s way out for anything he says by declining his words with statements like; “I didn’t really mean to say that”, “I was misquoted”, and “My words were taken out of context”. There was a saying going around about the previous Sheriff that fits Morgan as much as it did McNesby, “You can tell when he’s lying by looking at his mouth, when it’s open, he’s lying