PDA

View Full Version : City of Miami PD reviewing MBPD investigations

10-12-2007, 12:22 AM
What's the dealio with that?

CN is ok with this?

10-12-2007, 04:09 AM
WHAT INVESTIGATIONS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

10-13-2007, 04:33 AM
WHAT INVESTIGATIONS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

The Son of David's Cafe shooting investigation.

I guess since the Owner is not wanting to accept the facts, we need to cover our a$$ and have Miami look over the case.

That shows a lot of confidence in our Detectives. Have we ever done that with other cases? I think you know the answer.

I wonder who's idea that was?????? Is the FOP (BJ) ok with this??????? Oh that's right, he's at IACP with all the Brass throwing beads on Bourbon Street.

10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
This is NOT to be taken as an insult to aur current detectives at all:

2002 - 2005 Look at what ran C.I.D. during those years , Press, Sliman, Auch, and J. Elmore. The majority of senior detectives all left because they didn't want to put up with the B/S going on there and left.

Delucca was notified numerous times he was loosing good investigators but did noting to stop the exodus, as we all know he only cared for himself.

Now, fast forward to the present C.I.D., those young investigators never had the opportunity to learn the skills needed from the senior detectives and this is the current result. Past Detective have always been assigned to a squad to learn and one day take over an investigation.

We lost some quality investigators back then and continue to suffer today.
Some have retired and other continue to take the next call holding and do the overlap. Sad, Sad, Sad...............

10-13-2007, 04:57 PM

2002 - 2005 Look at what ran C.I.D. during those years , Press, Sliman, Auch, and J. Elmore. The majority of senior detectives all left because they didn't want to put up with the B/S going on there and left.

Delucca was notified numerous times he was loosing good investigators but did noting to stop the exodus, as we all know he only cared for himself.

Now, fast forward to the present C.I.D., those young investigators never had the opportunity to learn the skills needed from the senior detectives and this is the current result. Past Detective have always been assigned to a squad to learn and one day take over an investigation.

Some have retired and other continue to take the next call holding and do the overlap. Sad, Sad, Sad...............

No matter how much you try to cover a turd with frosting, it's still a turd. It is an insult when you have Miami looking over our cases. Mind you, Miami is being investigated for the handling of their own cases.

This is solely being done to appease the David’s Cafe Owner who has questioned the Detectives theory’s of what really happened. We have several prior Detectives including the Chief that were in CID when Versace was killed that can review this case. Which by the way, is not that difficult or convoluted.

The FOP needs to "do the right thing" and not let this happen.

10-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Don't worry about Miami PD they will downgraded the call to a littering call. Cannot have a body floating in the water......Not good for the stats.

As far as chasing good Det. out of DB, it started in 1995 and has continued. You can't have an opinion that is different then your Sgt or Lt(even though they were put in DB after they made brass and couldn't work an investigation if they fell over one. Miami should not be handling it if anyone shoulkd help out it should be MDPD but Mayor Dermer pissed them off last week.

BE SAFE OUT THERE

10-14-2007, 04:21 AM
You guys are saddly mistaken. Miami PD is NOT taking over that investigation.

Actually, its Opa Locka PD!!! HAHAHA.....Pendejos!! :devil:

10-14-2007, 09:36 PM
You guys call your CID detectives, thats funny, in the past we had to check your investigations, this is not new, dont bash MPD, becuase theirs plenty to talk about Miami Beach Investigations.

10-14-2007, 11:57 PM
You guys call your CID detectives, thats funny, in the past we had to check your investigations, this is not new, dont bash MPD, becuase theirs plenty to talk about Miami Beach Investigations.

There's plenty to talk about your grammar and spelling.

Please advise what cases MPD "checked" for MBPD.

10-15-2007, 12:20 AM
As a retired Detective I can tell you that CID (Homicide Squad) has long been neglected. Mostly due to the incompetence of Majors and Captains who have ran the unit. Let’s not forget DD who always thought about detectives being young and good looking (Look who was chosen recently) instead of older and experienced, age discrimination? That’s another issue with DD.

Not to long ago, a senior detective proposed to the Brass to have a SWAT TEAM type of experience qualified investigators to handle homicide investigations. Just like SWAT, this team would come together to work sensitive investigations. The newer detectives would have been trained by more experience detectives as they came into the unit.

Sadly to say, that this detective is now humping calls in patrol. Mostly because DD thought he would look good in a Motorcycle uniform. But the truth of the matter is that CID Brass did not care to have his experience. I hate to say I told you what would happen.

CN needs to reevaluate the selection process and possibly implement a team of detectives from various detective units that would be interested in becoming homicide qualified and work as a team. There are numerous current detectives that could have been consulted and asked to assist without proposing to go outside.

I would be surprise to hear that this was CN idea. CN was in CID and was the only Brass that brought some good needed change to the unit while he was there. Now as Chief he can make, once again CID, the unit that it should be.

10-15-2007, 12:54 AM
As a retired Detective I can tell you that CID (Homicide Squad) has long been neglected. Mostly due to the incompetence of Majors and Captains who have ran the unit. Let’s not forget DD who always thought about detectives being young and good looking (Look who was chosen recently) instead of older and experienced, age discrimination? That’s another issue with DD.

Not to long ago, a senior detective proposed to the Brass to have a SWAT TEAM type of experience qualified investigators to handle homicide investigations. Just like SWAT, this team would come together to work sensitive investigations. The newer detectives would have been trained by more experience detectives as they came into the unit.

Sadly to say, that this detective is now humping calls in patrol. Mostly because DD thought he would look good in a Motorcycle uniform. But the truth of the matter is that CID Brass did not care to have his experience. I hate to say I told you what would happen.

CN needs to reevaluate the selection process and possibly implement a team of detectives from various detective units that would be interested in becoming homicide qualified and work as a team. There are numerous current detectives that could have been consulted and asked to assist without proposing to go outside.

I would be surprise to hear that this was CN idea. CN was in CID and was the only Brass that brought some good needed change to the unit while he was there. Now as Chief he can make, once again CID, the unit that it should be.

Well DD is not here anymore and recently a former very well experienced former SIU Detective Sergeant was not chosen for SIU. Anyone know who we should blame?

10-15-2007, 02:39 AM
DD was a major jackarse.

10-15-2007, 09:54 PM

You think your DB sucks. Check out Davie's DB. That unit is run like an old Yugo dealership. No matter what happens there, it's destined to fail under its current leadership.

10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Well I guess this website is still used for a bunch of babies who try out for things and dont get them and all they can do is gripe.

I dont agree with an outside agency reviewing our cases and thats not happening in this although it was mentioned.

I dont think its not right for people, senior, or experience Detectives to be chased out of any unit they are in; but how do you think they got that experience to begain with. And lets not forget there is three sides to every story the detectives, the adminstrations and what really happened.

I have been in CID for 12 years, my cases are cleared and I seemed to be repsected fro the work I have done. But I was new once too and had to learn in the school of hard knocks. Ive worked and moved around every unit in CID and I am greatful for the experience I received. But back off the news guys. None of you guys complaining came into the line of work for th first time new anything; but I am sure you all thought you did.

The Homicide Guys may be new but they are hard working guys and done alright for themselves. Everyone needs a cahnce to prove themselves and I think they have. Besides they have IB Garcia who has a wealth of knowledge in CID

Give these guys a break you were new once too.

10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I guess this website is still used for a bunch of babies who try out for things and dont get them and all they can do is gripe.

I dont agree with an outside agency reviewing our cases and thats not happening in this although it was mentioned.

I dont think its not right for people, senior, or experience Detectives to be chased out of any unit they are in; but how do you think they got that experience to begain with. And lets not forget there is three sides to every story the detectives, the adminstrations and what really happened.

I have been in CID for 12 years, my cases are cleared and I seemed to be repsected fro the work I have done. But I was new once too and had to learn in the school of hard knocks. Ive worked and moved around every unit in CID and I am greatful for the experience I received. But back off the news guys. None of you guys complaining came into the line of work for th first time new anything; but I am sure you all thought you did.

The Homicide Guys may be new but they are hard working guys and done alright for themselves. Everyone needs a cahnce to prove themselves and I think they have. Besides they have IB Garcia who has a wealth of knowledge in CID

Give these guys a break you were new once too.

Put the drink down 642. You are making no sense, your grammar stinks and you have no clue about what your talking about.

The topic is not about not getting a DB job. It's about letting another Department look at a particular case for political reasons only.

Next thing you know, we will be like the Gables and let the County handle all investigations.

10-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Hey 642,

"Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life young man. '

-Dean Wormer

10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I think that they should bring back Gary Schiaffo and let him run homocide

10-27-2007, 09:50 PM
I have heard from a very reliable source that Ray Martinez is going to be Chief at MPD and Asst. Chief Cannon from MPD is going to take RAM's spot at MBPD. Anyone from the beach hear about this?

10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I have heard from a very reliable source that Ray Martinez is going to be Chief at MPD and Asst. Chief Cannon from MPD is going to take RAM's spot at MBPD. Anyone from the beach hear about this?

Your source is reliably incorrect.