PDA

View Full Version : Morgan's gonna give 2 mil of the sheriff's budget to ECAT

10-10-2007, 02:21 AM
At least that is what I saw him say on Ch 38 the other night? WTF?

10-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Actually, now ECAT is funded so that may not be necessary. There is probably 62 million dollars of outright waste in the current budget including the building fund. He could give 2 million to ECAT and still have enough left over to pay a $100,000 bonus to 600 deputies.

10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
David Morgan, as sheriff, wouldn't have the authority to transfer 2 million dollars from the S/O budget to ECAT. Budgets are authorized and set by the BCC. It would be up to the BCC to decide if any additional monies would go to ECAT. The BCC might just decide to spend any extra funs at the Saenger. :shock:

Before Morgan goes giving away two million dollars, it might be better spent buying the excess leave balance from S/O (especially jail) employees. Maybe he might actually fill the 30+ Detention Deputy vacancies or hire some much needed patrol deputies.

Regardless of all the bullcrap that Morgan may spew, I sincerely doubt that the S/O budget will ever be reduced. In my 25 years and 5 sheriff's, they all said the same thing while compainging; There is too much fat in the budget or there was a better way to utilize the money allocated. In the end, every year, the budget has increased. The same thing will happen should Morgan get elected.

Just another reason why Morgan isn't a viable candidate.

10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
First thing this morning personnel will be told to make a list of all who were hired in 72 to see who the poster might be who whould dare suggest that more road deputies and detention deputies should be hired.

10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
First thing this morning personnel will be told to make a list of all who were hired in 72 to see who the poster might be who whould dare suggest that more road deputies and detention deputies should be hired.

Must be a Morganite. He can't do math.

10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
They done always lied and they will keep a lyin until there is no more sheriffs to lie anymore. That's the way it's did. So it don't matter who gits in they are gonna be lyin.

10-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey, Morgan decided to post on the forum 8)

Just kidding :wink:

10-11-2007, 12:22 AM
He's not going to post here. Too busy winning the sheriff's race to debate with Dennis. Oops. I guess it's just Rex now.