PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Quarter Election Financials Are In...

10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
All of the candidates running for Sheriff have now posted their campaign treasurer's reports for the 3rd quarter of this year (July to end of September). The results are:

Wendell Hall (Incumbent) --- www.reelectsheriffhall.com (http://www.reelectsheriffhall.com)
Pre-Filed to Run: July-10-2007
Report turned in: Oct-9-2007, 8:38am

Cash & Checks: $2,800.00
Loans: $0.00
In-Kind: $0.00
Total Monetary Contrib: $2,800.00

Expenditures: $717.04

Total Monetary Contributions to Date: $6,700.00
Total Monetary Expenditures to Date: $776.04
Cash in Bank: $5,923.96 (Total Contrib - Total Expend)

---

Robert Randle --- www.randleforsheriff.com (http://www.randleforsheriff.com)
Pre-Filed to Run: Aug-23-2007
Report Turned in Oct-1-2007, 9:27am

Cash & Checks: $16,050.00
Loans: $0.00
In-Kind: $0.00
Total Monetary: $16,050.00

Expenditures: $492.51

Total Monetary Contributions to Date: $16,050
Total Monetary Expenditures to Date: $492.51
Cash In Bank: $15,557.49

---

Jeffrey Van Camp --- www.vancampforsheriff.org (http://www.vancampforsheriff.org)
Pre-Filed to Run: Feb-20-2007
Report Turned in: Oct-9-2007, 8:56am

Cash & Checks: $9,741.00
Loans: $2,400.00
Total Monetary: $12,141.00
In-Kind: $4,562.10

Expenditures: $10,149.70

Total Monetary Contributions to Date: $22,443.10
Total Monetary Expenditures to Date: $10,826.11
Cash In Bank: $11,616.99

---

See for yourself at http://www.co.santa-rosa.fl.us/elections/county.html

---

Knowledge is Power.

10-09-2007, 06:03 PM
The candidates reports are impressive, except for Hall. Time for a change, time for Hall to go.

Quicksilver
10-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Good post Shark Chum!

10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Halll should take a trip to Escambia and ask McNesby how he manages to stiff arm so many contributions from his employes without getting indicted for political law violations.

10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Why does a candidate have to loan themselves money? Especially several thousand dollars. I don't get that. He's got money in the bank (or should)...

10-10-2007, 07:48 PM
We need a sheriff that will stand behind his/her deputies. Jerry Brown did. When someone called in a frivilous complaint he tyold them to pack sand.Hall is always on a witch hunt. He has SC do some b.s. "supervisor inquiry", another word for IA on EVERYTHING. Next year he'll have Lt.s' busy investigating their own tropps for bull$%it complaints. If someone gets out of line, fine. But damn, we are on thin ice everyday wether ot not we are in trouble. He pays SC 80-90 grand to administer inquiries. If Randle or Van Camp get into office, they need to rebuild the administration by promoting and demoting some of the people. A totally NEW administration is needed. Hall promised to that when he was fisrt elected. Not only did he lie to our faces he promoted the very same vermin that had been a thorn in everyone's ass since day one. More to come. TIME FOR A CHANGE, HALL IS GOT TO GO.

Quicksilver
10-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Shark Chum,

I totally agree with you!

10-11-2007, 07:56 PM
You can back someone else from ECSO with zero managment experience, like you have now or back a proven leader from a very well managed agency from within your own county. Seem's like a simple choice to me? :wink:

10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I can't help but but think that Randle is my first choice, then Van Camp. Hall isn't in the picture. Nothing agaisnt Van Camp, the experience we had with an ECSO Sgt. becoming the sheriff is something I can't stomach.

10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
I have known Robert Randle for over 20 years. He is good people, and he has been there, done that. He's not someone that's spent almost their whole career behind the desk. That concerns me about VanCamp.
Of course Hall need's to be put out to pasture.

10-12-2007, 05:46 PM
That is a huge problem at SRSO. There are several admin, including three majors (with the jail major that used to be on LE side) and a LT that spent zero time on the road. Those guys make decisions without ever spending any time on the road. They seem to agree with each other on everything even it's a dumba## decison. Hall takes advice from those who don't know anything about this job.SC is in charge of swat and probably has no idea how to load an AR or MP5. WS couldnt handle anything so Hall put him in charge of the jail. KM is not a bad guy by no means but again, he has zero time on the road. IF Van Camp gets into office, I feel the same thing is going to happen. If Randle gets it I hope he puts some experienced people in the admin. Then we will have the support from the admin that we don't have now or will never have. The same admin that rode the coat tails of 5 diffrent sheriffs. Time for a change. Hall's got to go.

10-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I heard that SC only had 6 mos on the road...don't know about WS. Ive heard KM say he was on the road at PC for 6 years and at ESO for 3 years. What is Cpt. JO's experience?

Quicksilver
10-13-2007, 05:29 PM
It’s doesn’t matter how much time they have on the road, It’s very clear they don’t have enough time on anything to be making any decision. There have been several incidences where deputies could have been killed because someone couldn’t make a decision. I don’t know about you guy and gals, but I’m tired of being placed in these situations where I’m out there and they sit in there pretty big bus or office and decide what to do. NO THANK YOU, let’s get someone that has the balls to stand up for what’s right. Time to go Hall and take your administration with you, Bye Bye!

10-14-2007, 12:51 AM
JO's experience is about 6 months in patrol then on to school resource and other Non patrol duties. None of them have a bit of experience to even come out and answer calls for one night. SC recently responded to a hostage situation in the south end and had to ask a LT how to turn on his lights and siren!!! HOw do you put someone like that in charge or patrol?!?!?! JO is nothing but a spineless bobblehead that does whatever puppet master SC tells him to do. And what is really amazing is that no matter who gets in office, they keep SC in his position to run everything. He is useless and pathetic and I don't know how he or JO doesn't know that not one patrol person has any respect for them. Heard about the recent moves?!?! How does a civilian secretary have enough pull to get a LT moved just because she doesn't like them?!?! TIME FOR A CHANGE...GET THIS ADMINISTRATION OUT FOR GOOD.....IF YOU WON'T MOVE SC OR JO, I AIN'T VOTING FOR YA!!!!

Quicksilver
10-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey Shark Chum,

I know what you’re feeling regarding Van Camp being a Sgt and coming from ECSO, but try and give the guy a fair shake and let’s hear what he has to offer before lumping him in with the great five minute hair color for men Sheriff Hall. I feel the same way and I’m trying to hear the candidates’ views and what they have to offer this agency before making a decision. I do know this, whoever I vote for it will not be for Hall.

As for JO, this tard has no clue about anything, some year’s back he tried to get an ex-deputy charged with Battery, due to CR son complaining. It’s a good thing the Sgt that was in charge of the district at the time (due to the LT being out of town) had enough sense to know that if a Deputy is working a call and some guy tries to walk behind the deputy and the deputy pushes him back it’s not a battery. That called OFFICER SAFETY! I guess JO never learned that in the academy. Maybe Hall should put all his wonderful know it all admin through a refresher course. I could keep going but I would be writing a novel and I think I will hold on to some of the other information for a later time.

10-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Van Camp is not a Sergeant. He's a Master Deputy which you get for longevity/seniority - two stripes and a rocker. In his 21 years in law enforcement, he hasn't made rank. Granted, he was responsible for the very successful crimestoppers program, but that's all. He's a beach deputy now... where's the management experience in that or anything else he's done besides crimestoppers. I haven't made my mind up yet for any of the guys, except to say Wendell Hall must go. Robert Randle seems to have good education and credentials, but i dont know anything about him except for gulf breeze police. I am interested in seeing what he's got to say.

Regardless, Wendell MUST go!

10-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Before anyone bases their vote on VanCamp being “responsible for a successful Crime Stoppers program” it should be known that the program is successful because of the contribution of many people. The Crime Stoppers concept has been and was a successful program way before VanCamp was transferred to that post. It has been in operation at hundreds of agencies thought-out the United States and is successful at every agency that aggressively sponsors the program. The concept of the program was the idea of a police officer in New Mexico almost 30 years ago and it grew from there.

Locally, just like the other programs across the country, Crime Stoppers is supported and overseen by a citizen board that have monthly meeting to set the agenda, goals, and fund raising efforts of the program. The program was started at the Escambia Sheriff’s Department over 25 years ago and has had dozens of officers who have headed it up over that time. Each one of them made contributions to the program as it continued to grow and expand into what it has become today. VanCamp is only one of those dozens who deserve the credit for the success that the local Crime Stoppers program has become.

10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I agree with all of the posts about the admin. Road experience is one thing I look for. Law Enforcment is the name of the game. We need to get somebody in office that will have the nads to tell SC, JO, WS, JF, JK and any other "collosal admin butt kisser" to go bye bye. Hall needs to move on with his life, enjoy a retirement and count his money. Can you dig it?

05-23-2012, 01:37 AM
This thread is from nearly 5 years ago and nothing has changed. As a matter of fact it has only gotten worse. Hall and his arrogant ass doesn't care that he doesn't have support, except those who kiss his @** everyday. Hall needs to go. Spread the word.