PDA

View Full Version : Good by DON

10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Thank god he is leaving!

Lets hope the new guy gives us a break remember when the benefits community sent out a letter just prior to the union vote stating that they were reviewing the thought of going to a 43 hour work week for over time. The feedback from Don was that he needed legal to review it because of the fair labor and standards act.

Gosh I wonder if legal could get it done now that DON is on the way out.

Anyone with half a brain knows the fair labor and standards act is the minimum required by law!

10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Yup, you said it. You have a bad attitude and you can not spell. It should read "Good Bye Don" but the way you spelled it signifies that Don did Good in which I would have to agree with you on that that he has done good.

I bet your family is proud of you for having a bad attitude and being a poor speller. You represent your views on the same level as your thought process...Good Job!! Way to represent!!

10-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Farewell emperor! Drinks on me!!!!!!!!!!!

10-09-2007, 12:32 AM
A career is what you make it. My 20 years has been great. I am very appreciative of Hunter. He has treated me well. Good pay, good benefits, good job. The complainers will be saying the same stuff no matter who is sheriff and what they get. It is sad people cannot be happy and glad about what they have. No one is entitled to anything other that the opportunity to try. You can be miserable and complain or ride the wave and enjoy it...its up to you!!

10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the spelling tips! u must be a member of PRB or a non sworn person.

How about address the issue of the 43 hour work week? I guess if u have a armband tat. or are related to a chief. or have u head up some place dark. LOL! spell that putz!!!!

10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
He has treated u well. Good pay, good benefits, good job. Did u know most everyone else works a 40 work week in the good old USA. This is not south of the border.

Were not the just the complainers we are real people w/real bills and real families. No one is saying the DON did not try he just did not get it done. That finish line he was speaking about was all about the public giving them the best SO w/o taking in to considerations the sacrifice of the deputies. If he is running to the finish line maybe he can get us our part before he leaves!!

He even stated he is leaving public service to go into private sector to get more money!!! His Pension at approx 80% should be approximately $90,000 a year and bo bo hoo for poor old DON!

Again my friend u did not address the issue of the 43 hour work week! Why did the benefits committee say in a memo that we may go to a 43 work week. To stop the deputies voice from being heard, or is that legal review of the Fair Labor and Standards Act. Still in progress? That was assigned to be reviewed in 10/27/03 What do U think?

Please make further commets about the Issue of 43 hour work week this is not a oral board for Lt.

10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Good grief! Now what do I do? I spent almost a decade kissing up, and quietly saying, "look at me". I am too old to start groveling all over again. Any ideas? Maybe if I do some whippets and start dancing like Kevin I'll get noticed.

10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
A correction to the $$ amount on the sheriff's pension. A Sheriff with 20 years gets 100% of the last salary. Compliments of the Florida Sheriff's Association.

10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Vote for Captain Arigo for Sheriff if you want someone with talent and intelligence from within the agency. He will get rid of the dead weight on top. He is not one of the good ole boys with the tribal band, and knows how to run an agency. If you truly want changes in a good way, vote for him!

10-10-2007, 01:29 AM
All right guest, let the union negotiate the 43 hours work week. Bam, we work forty and lose 156 hours of paid work hours per year at $25 per hour. That is a $3900 pay cut per year. Who wouldn't want it as overtime. But that is not going to happen. Any other stupid union ideas?

10-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Yea I got ideas!

U related to the spelling B rocket scientist! How about using some of the buzz word type thoughts not just the phrases. An outside of the box idea, duh !!!! He we go change the work week to 40 hours give deputies a raise equivalent to the amount so we don’t have any pay loss when shifting from the 43 hour work week.

Ps it does not cost the budjet any more money just the time. Holy cow bat man an idea!

Whoa that was hard. Follow me now u maybe worthy of it. If your self esteem was not so low from sucking up all the time maybe u 2 could come up with an original thought SGT.
Also it could have been phased in over three years 1year work 42 hours a week 2ed year work 41 next year work 40 per week. duh.....

10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Why am I not surprised that you want more pay for less work...hmmmmm.

10-11-2007, 04:37 AM
My guess is u will never get it u may be a member of admin staff or a suck up I am not sure.

But I want u to know I don't want more for less I deserve it I am worthy of it I earn it I am a professional law enforcement officer. I work in the dark with the bad guys. Not in an office second guessing the work that is done. Also I not a migrant worker, not a worker in a third world!!!

The problem my u have may be low self esteem u should go see Dr. R. or buy a book!

10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Self esteem is not an issue, your arrogance is. Suck it up or don't let the door hit you on the way out!

If you are sooooo good, why don't you run for sheriff?

10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I would run but the fix was in 4 years ago when DON hired Kevin and paid him $100k Plus a year for four years to do little but not run against DON and then DON gave him the keys last week>>> can't u see the fix was in years ago.....

Paradise
10-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I would run but the fix was in 4 years ago when DON hired Kevin and paid him $100k Plus a year for four years to do little but not run against DON and then DON gave him the keys last week>>> can't u see the fix was in years ago.....

Yup...so what's your point?

That is the way it works. At least you have a chance to vote. Normally the Sheriff gets re-elected then hands the office over to the undie.

Either case Rambosk is still the best man for the job so far.

10-15-2007, 01:24 AM
If only Don and the rest of his croanies would be so willing to admit the truth about "the fix" as paradise. The "fix" is in from the top to all the un-needed chiefs and captains and commanders and lieutenants right down to just about every sergeant and investigator and transfer and promotion. A nice dog and pony show in some instances, but overall, the "fix" is in. It was good of Mr. (or Ms.) Paradise to finally admit it. Maybe he took off the rose colored glasses Mr. Retnuh spoke about?

10-15-2007, 02:01 AM
"to all the un-needed chiefs and captains and commanders and lieutenants "

Who the heck is supposed to run the agency?

11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
This post was removed due to violation of the Terms of Use Agreement. Please read the following so there is no misunderstanding about our Terms of Use. You are free to post your views or opinions as long as it meets what you have agreed to by participating on this site:

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

Mod 167

11-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Yea I got ideas!

U related to the spelling B rocket scientist! How about using some of the buzz word type thoughts not just the phrases. An outside of the box idea, duh !!!! He we go change the work week to 40 hours give deputies a raise equivalent to the amount so we don’t have any pay loss when shifting from the 43 hour work week.

Ps it does not cost the budjet any more money just the time. Holy cow bat man an idea!

Whoa that was hard. Follow me now u maybe worthy of it. If your self esteem was not so low from sucking up all the time maybe u 2 could come up with an original thought SGT.
Also it could have been phased in over three years 1year work 42 hours a week 2ed year work 41 next year work 40 per week. duh.....

You say going to a 40 hour week with an equivalent adjustment in pay will not affect the budget. Please, if you are going to make an argument for us, the troops, try to think it through first. Otherwise, you just short change us in the long run. For example, if you go to a 40 hour week with an equivalent hourly rate adjustment, IT WILL MOST CERTAINLY affect the budget. Everyone's overtime rate will increase the equivalent amount and the budget will be significantly impacted. That being said, I would like to go to a 40 hour week with the equivalent pay adjustment, and I think it can be done with an evaluation of the overall budget and an eye toward prioritizing our agency spending. Again, if you are going to speak for us, the troops, please do so with more thorough thought.

11-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Good bye Sheriff Hunter,

I have not always agreed with you, your leadership example, or some of your promotions; but I believe when evaluating the totality of the circumstances, no reasonable person can convincingly argue against the exceptionally positive impact you have had on the agency, the community, and state and national policy. The undisputable fact is, we are fortunate to serve in one of the most progressive and professional agencies in the state of Florida. Thank you for your service. Before anybody starts with the a$$kissing comments, Sheriff Hunter once justifiably suspended me from duty. I have nothing to gain from this posting except to counter some of the brainless and emotionally irrational comments espoused above.

11-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks LT.

11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Gee all this bad talk about the 43 hour work week.... Yes it sucks that we don't get time and a half for those extra 6 hours a pay period!!! However, when you APPLY to CCSO you are WELL aware that you are going to work those 86 hours.. You sign, you agree, and YOU accept the position... Don't like it? Get out!!

11-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Yup, you said it. You have a bad attitude and you can not spell. It should read "Good Bye Don" but the way you spelled it signifies that Don did Good in which I would have to agree with you on that that he has done good.

I bet your family is proud of you for having a bad attitude and being a poor speller. You represent your views on the same level as your thought process...Good Job!! Way to represent!!

Also, he's missing the comma between Bye and Don. So, his subject headline should be "Goodbye, Don." :)

11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
DON'T VOTE FOR ROY ARIGO; YOU WILL REGRET IT. FOP PRES LODGE 87 WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE WITH YOU.