PDA

View Full Version : Corporal position

10-07-2007, 11:29 PM
USF screws us again......that should have been a DEMOTION !!!!!!! THE LIABILITY IS ON YOU NOW USF, IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE ANOTHER MAJOR SCREW-UP !!!

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

POGO219
10-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Got a little more info??

10-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Oh come on now, the "major screw ups" that he did would be nothing or just a slap on the wrist at a real Police Department.

10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I disagree, if a stupervisor did have the things was guilty of or even accused of he would have been long gone

10-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I disagree, if a stupervisor did have the things was guilty of or even accused of he would have been long gone

WHAT?????

10-09-2007, 01:21 AM
I am in no way for the dismissal or demotion of this officer. He has two major strikes against him. One he has a personality that offends most co-workers. Two, he does not have the personality to be a campus cop. Being a campus cop, is different than being a city or county cop, period. Like it or not, from experience I can tell you that there is a big difference. From what I've heard, half of his problems have been self caused, the other half have resulted in university/discipline polices applied to the police on workng on campus (same as custodians and the average staff member) vs. disciple that would be given out to an officer in a non university setting. Does he deserve to get demoted? I would think that it would take a majority of bad decisions on his behalf to deserver demotion or termination. As I posted above, if he doesn't fit into a campus environment, sooner or later bad decision making as a campus cop will eventually decide that. Should he have ever been promoted? That is another question. But he was, and that is the situation that we are dealing with now, and I say in no way should he be demoted or terminated at this point, from what I have heard. Yes, I know for you circling vultures.

10-09-2007, 06:47 AM
I am concerned about these particular post and the all out assumptions that have been made about a person?s discipline and what he/she thinks should happen and or what is determined to be a ?major screw up?. The System worked for this person. It worked in all fairness to the accused. Remember the University is supposed to disciplines for ?just cause? and hopefully not because someone is liked or not.

I have an idea for all those casting stones. Why don?t you all read the SOP?s and memorize every last one of them down to the letter. Then, memorize all of the FSS?s and city ordinances and various case laws that change from month to month regarding these laws. How about then we all learn the entire Florida Administrative Code as it pertains to USF. Let?s not forget to memorize and have instant recall on every email that comes out that contradicts the above-mentioned SOP?s. And oh, lets not forget, all of your supervisors will also be knowledgeable in all of the above rules, procedures, laws, and guidelines. Remember what some have wished for in these posts?

Now let?s have the supervisors go straight by the books. NO BREAKS. PERIOD. For every violation the steps in progressive discipline are enforced without feeling or emotion or concern for the officer. Everyone is disciplined equally and without an available recourse if they feel they were done wrong. Let?s then have a public forum to discus what happened to the person. What a wonderful plan this would be. Right? I for one know I couldn?t get through a day doing my job without at least a suspension and I know many others that could be fired within a few hours of coming to work if the above criteria were in place.

Any one of us can be put into this person?s situation in an instant when it comes to discipline. Despite what you think should have been done, it should make everyone feel a little better knowing the system worked for one of us.

10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Very well written A non ee mous.

Hey, is that a drip I hear? Initiate the Emergency Call procedure! Who will be the Incident Commander? Grab your mops, or heads will roll!

10-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't think anyone expects the supervisors to remember every single statute, sop, or email that ever came out. But I do think that there are some things that are a basic part of the job and should not be forgotten or overlooked. For instance, misdemeanor arrests that do or do not occur in your presence. Some of them you can arrest, others you can't. Thats basic academy 101. The arrests at the library should never of happened. Should of used a request for prosecution, or direct file. You had experienced officers at each scene. You had FTO's there. Arrests like that could lead to lawsuits, and thats why punishment was handed out.