PDA

View Full Version : FLPD still hiring?

10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I am considering applying to FLPD, with the contract negotiations, is now a really bad time to apply?

Would anyone know how many positions are currently available?

10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Positions available? Last number was around 41.

I'd hold off and apply elsewhere unless we get a spectacular contract

10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Apply wherever you can, including FLPD. Use us to get certified and trained then leave and go somewhere where you will be appreciated. FLPD has one of the fastest hiring processes (one of the only things we do right) and we don't leave you waiting around for a year wondering if you have a job. I tell all the rookies to use us and abuse us. Once you finish probation, get the hell out. I'm vested in one year and I'm OUTA HERE!!!

10-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Apply wherever you can, including FLPD. Use us to get certified and trained then leave and go somewhere where you will be appreciated. FLPD has one of the fastest hiring processes (one of the only things we do right) and we don't leave you waiting around for a year wondering if you have a job. I tell all the rookies to use us and abuse us. Once you finish probation, get the hell out. I'm vested in one year and I'm OUTA HERE!!!

We have to have a fast hiring process with our attrition rate.

10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
i got hired in a month and two weeks.

10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
i'm a k9 handler at an s.o. up in central florida. what is your k9 program like? what are the prospects for a certified handler,7 years leo\2 as a handler getting a dog before retirement?

thanks

10-14-2007, 12:28 AM
May as well apply to the BSO. FLPD will soon be wearing green and white. :lol: :lol: :lol:

10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I tell all the rookies to use us and abuse us. Once you finish probation, get the hell out. I'm vested in one year and I'm OUTA HERE!!!

That’s kinda rough but sadly somehow true. You know, for every candidate that gets accepted they’re dozens who don’t and who really need and want the job. LEO jobs are the hardest to land and carry time and investment with little chance of getting hired. I’m sure that those that didn’t get picked would be really angry to read this.

Back in the days cops went through a whole lot worst times with misery salaries that label cops as, “Dumb stupid High School Rejects”. Compared to what some went through the 80’s make those new recruits; PUSSIES. Oh well, is the new Pepsi generation.