PDA

View Full Version : Typical LPD "10-98 service"

10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
FROM THE TAMPA TRIBUNE:

"McGee-Hale said she feels sorry for Vaughn. One of his other messages mentioned he was 'tired of walking the halls alone,' she said.

She expressed frustration with the Lakeland police. 'How can a tragedy like Columbine or Virginia Tech be prevented when the authorities who are supposed to protect us don't want to be given the warning sign?' she said.

Lakeland police spokesman Jack Gillen said he was unable Thursday to track down any record of McGee-Hale's contact but encouraged her to file a complaint with the department.

'If somebody gave her misinformation, as an agency we certainly want to know because this is a serious incident,' Gillen said."

YOU PEOPLE DO THIS ALL OF THE TIME, EVERY DAY, AND ONE DAY IT'S REALLY GOING TO BITE YOUR AGENCY IN THE A$$. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU AS AN AGENCY ARE GOING TO POT AND YOU GET LITTLE RESPECT FROM CITIZENS???? IT'S CRAP JUST LIKE THIS! WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THIS IDIOT WOULD'VE REALLY SHOWED UP AT THIS HIGH SCHOOL REUNION WITH GUNS BLAZING AND BOMBS FLYING AND IT WAS LEARNED THAT THIS FREAK'S THREATS HAD BEEN REPORTED TO LAKELAND POLICE AND NOTHING WAS DONE??? "UHHHH, YOU LIVE IN ORLANDO? CALL ORLANDO POLICE, MA'AM". TRY DOING YOUR FREAKIN' JOBS FOR A CHANGE! ONCE AGAIN THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAD TO SAVE THE DAY AND AT THE SAME TIME SAVE YOUR A$$E$!

10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Here comes Grady to save the day !!!

10-05-2007, 10:14 AM
LAKELAND LEDGER:

"But before the Polk County's Sheriff's Office arrested Vaughn on cyberstalking and explosives charges Wednesday, the Class of 1987 alumni watched Vaughn's angry e-mails escalate, and their frustration with law enforcement grew.

Meradith McGee Hale, 38, said she made three attempts to get the Lakeland Police Department involved.

"They were not interested in hearing a single word,'' said Hale, who lives in Orlando.

Vaughn's South Lakeland home, where the unemployed 39-year-old lives with his parents, is in the Lakeland Police Department's jurisdiction."

ANOTHER GREAT JOB BY LPD!

10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
After I figured out what the hell this poster was talking about......half way through his moronic post, I thought......Ooooh lookie here, it's the b*tch squad fresh in from the Ledger forums, invading our small corner of the web to discuss OUR OWN issues. Hey jacka$$, why not keep your local b*tching about how inept LPD is over there on the Ledger forums. Oh wait you just got arrested by one of us.....sure you're pissed and I know it's our fault you're a POS.... (Good thing LEO Affairs recently implemented RESTRICTED LEO forums so WE can discuss the piss poor public support police recieve these days. Sorry you aren't invited LMAO) This guy had a few M-80s (ooooooh) and a serious bone to pick with some high school bullies. Sounds like Baker Act material, not criminal charges to me, but hey I guess I'm just thinking along the line of what is WINNABLE in a courtroom, not what the public wants. If it's obvious NO JURY will convict this id*ot, you just took a cop away from a case that WILL result in a conviction. Oh by the way Jackie may say damned near anything, haven't you heard, you silly REDNECK?

Go back and play in your own sandbox, NOBODY here shares your concerns, and quite frankly, nobody cares.

10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey Guest III........I'm upset with you and guess what? I'm stockpiling blackcats in my garage, I'm going to come to your house and light them on your front porch. Oh sh*t PCSO is kicking my door in!!!!!!!! Guess I'll be facing "cyber-stalking" charges too. LOL

10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, just like that silly little asian kid at Virginia Tech was Baker Act material, too. No big deal, right?

Never mind the THIRTY THREE dead human beings!

To the above poster, you're a damned fool!

10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, just like that silly little asian kid at Virginia Tech was Baker Act material, too. No big deal, right?

Never mind the THIRTY THREE dead human beings!

To the above poster, you're a damned fool!

Hey Juddite, go back to your own site and play. I'm sure your fearless leader has a press conference scheduled for later today to announce an arrest in a retail theft or some other misdemeanor. Maybe if your very quiet and sneaky you can get behind him and be able to see yourself on the T.V. tonight. :lol:

10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
LMAO ... better than OUR fearless leader last week on TV after TWO murders .. "uhhh, there's not a lot we can do ..." Very inspiring!

10-05-2007, 07:32 PM
If the press where here, Why aren't they asking the staff " Where is your Cyber Crimes Unit?"

10-05-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah just what we need, rob patrol squads and form YET ANOTHER specialty unit. Maybe they can all wear matching shorts and polos to work too.

10-05-2007, 08:19 PM
If the press where here, Why aren't they asking the staff " Where is your Cyber Crimes Unit?"

The truthfull response to that would be that we don't have the resources for that because our patrol divisions are so depleted that they make an anorexic look like a sumo wrestler and we have several specialty units chasing the same crack pipe when they are not writing beer tickets.

10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Dateline: Poinciana

Sheriff Grady Judd recently announced that after a long and exhaustive surveillance and undercover sting, 15 youths have been arrested in what is described as the largest bubble gum theft ring in central florida. The boys and girls, ranging from 4-6 were all booked into the juvenile assessment center on charges including; retail petit theft, disorderly conduct, and even battery - domestic violence. The youths were captured on video at the Dollar General Store appearing to conspire together at various dates and times to pocket 2-3 pieces of gum at the registers without paying. In one instance, a rather irate and violent 4 year old engaged his mother in a physical altercation when she observed his criminal activity and began to discipline him. This boy also reportedly threw himself to the ground and threw a temper tantrum when his mother confiscated an entire pack of Grape Bubblicious from the boy's pocket, his behavior resulted in further charges of disorderly conduct. The boy's mother, Shaquina Bangsalot said she has no idea how long this criminal activity among this "Theft Ring" has gone on. Bangsalot said, "I sure is happy the Skeriff paid to put them cameras up in the Dollar Stoe." Judd said he believed that the members of the theft ring will most likely be released to their parents after booking and says undercover detective will be assigned to surveil the youths in the future as the "The likelihood that these hardened criminals will strike again huge." Judd also said, "In Polk County we take these thefts of Bubblicious, Juicy Fruit, and the popular Bazooka Joe chewing gums seriously and we will pursue aggressive prosecution in these cases."

Alfred E. Flabergast contributed to this report.

10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
CLASSIC :twisted:

10-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Does anyone know if PCSO still offers free prostate exams to their folks?

10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Bangsalot?? LMFAO!!! That was awesome!!! And I think the dude giving the rectal exams was transferred to a more secure "facility" in north Florida for a few years! LMAO! I love this freakin' job! LOLOL

10-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Someone needs to tell Howard Stern that his services are no longer needed. Pope Judd is now the official King Of All Media.

10-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Not surprised that some on here are taking away from the FACT that LPD ignored a complaint, regardless if it were a Baker Act or a criminal offense. LPD took NO ACTION! Take care of your city and you don't have to worry about PCSO taking care of the business you should have taken care of to begin with. Face it: LPD scre*ed the pooch on this one.

10-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Good thing (if you work for PCSO) you have COUNTY-WIDE jurisdiction and can take care of ANYTHING COUNTY-WIDE. Last time I checked, Lakeland is in POLK COUNTY. Hey what does that patch you wear say? POLK COUNTY. I bet this guy WISHES LPD had dealt with this complaint because it is far more likely that a REASONABLE outcome would have ensued. The words "Baker Act" come to mind? One short, one page form, gets the guy help. But No, let's get ole corkster on the news with this foolishness.........cyberstalking LMAO. Hey no one better disagree with what I have to say because I'll go straight to the SO and they'll kick you're door in, formulate a "plain view search" and then somehow walk into a COMPLETELY different section of your house to locate some other sh!t. (incident to arrest) Damn, SO found your playboy collection from the 80's. You're going to jail for lewd materials. Now you're a sexual predator, oh wait, I bet this deputy facilitated his needs with this same material back in the 80's......or today for that matter. Admit it, this is as WEAK a case as you've seen in a LONG time.

IF YOU CAN'T GET FELLOW COPS TO AGREE THIS GUY WAS WRONG, DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE A FLYING CHANCE IN HELL OF CONVINCING A JURY? Come on wake up. This isn't about LPD vs. PCSO. The investigators in this case just stretched it too far this time. You got your 30 seconds of Juddisms on the news but try again guys.

STAY SAFE..................................(steer clear of the deadly M-80 nuclear weapons in south Lakeland LMFAO)

10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
The fact is LPD took no action, did not even inquire if a Baker Act was needed so how can you say he only needed an evaluation? Do we let threats such as these go unheard and not acted upon? In this day and age it can't go unnoticed and certainly not acted upon. It's like saying bomb at an airplane, a person can't expect to not receive law enforcement action (criminal OR Baker Act material) when he uses references to Virginia Tech and his upcoming high school reunion. It MUST be investigated! Regardless the outcome, action must be taken when threats like these are received. The event organizers did the right thing by notifying law enforcement.

10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Agreed ... LPD dropped the ball on this and all the crap thrown back at Grady wont change that. Good case or bad case, fact is the lady bringing this information to law enforcement's attention clearly states in all bay area media that Lakeland PD did nothing and didnt give a shizzat about her information. Perception is reality!

The little asian kid at Virginia Tech was baker acted too before he murdered 33 people. Baker Act isnt worth a crap when the doctors kick 'em right back out the door within hours or a few days and we all know that.

Lock his a$$ up and guess what??? A safe high school reunion was had by all.

10-07-2007, 04:28 PM
This case is certainly a stretch. How is this guy "Stalking" when the reunion commitee iniated the contact and he gave them a scary response. Secondly, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. The lady lived in Orlando and that is where she recieved the "threat". The last time I checked there is a thing called jurisdiction. When people in the city receive phone threats from someone in the county who does the charges? We do!! I don't see the SO rushing in to save the day on those calls. The most that should have been done was a S-14 to pass the info on to INTEL. The fact is your egomaniac HMFIC saw an opportunity for media exposure and the chance to cast negative light on LPD in his conquest to overtake the county. Anyone with any amount of experience working along side PCSO knows that they are overzealous when it comes to making arrest. Their way of handling business is, if say some drugs were lying on the floor of a bus in the midst of 15 people then 15 people are taking the ride. Our way of doing business is to make a case which can be prosecuted because otherwise you are just spinning your wheels. And lastly, I seem to remember a case where a report was made to PCSO that a Jenkins student was going to kill his dad. We all know how that one turned out. What was the excuse on that one again? I misplaced it in my car.

10-07-2007, 05:54 PM
It seems that the issue at hand is that PCSO is not happy with the way LPD handled the call...imagine that! I sure get to hear how I work in your county, yet you folks don't hesitate to pick up the phone and have us drive up to your sub-station to take a walk in report that occured in our city which is still in your county. I hear alot of Deputy Sheriffs pointing out the fact that WE as a city agency work at the pleasure of your "boss". If you think that your agency has not has had it's fair share of fumbles....lets pull out the score card and see who has stepped on it with steel toed boots! In short, you want it, come take it. I notice how many of you steer clear of "LK-5" I also notice how many of you hang out in "LK-5" because back up is so much closer. So you might want to check the party in your back yard before inviting yourself to our picnic. Maybe you're just jealous that we can clear it w/ a service instead of "Bartow, I'm 10-98 with a Sierra, November, Alpha, Foxtrot, Uniform!

AFOR
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
The Ledger said that this was reported to three LPD Officers. Surely no one of any intelligence relies on the Ledger for information. They never pass up an opportunity to take a cheap shot at LPD, while maintaining their honeymoon with PCSO. Whether you are LPD or PCSO, we are all cops doing what we can with what we have. There is no reason for us to argue over anything that came out of the Ledger.

10-08-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree with AFOR. We have beat this dead horse enough. The original poster failed to print the part of the story in which the lady also said that she contacted Orlando P.D. and the FBI. Appearently they also felt that this circumstance did not warrant further investigation. The sad part about this entire thread is that the L.P.D. Staff is loving it because it is taking our attention away from our real battle which is the ineptness of themselves and the city. And do not fear, if they can place the blame for this incident on someone they will do so in a heartbeat to get the spotlight off of them.

10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Gang get ready for Grady !!!

10-08-2007, 10:51 PM
IM GLAD THE SHERIFFS OFFICE TOOK THE DANGEROUS SPARKLERS AND BLACK CATS OFF THE STREET. I WILL DEFINETLY SLEEP BETTER KNOWING THAT SOMEONE WONT LOSE A HAND IN THE CITY OF LAKELAND DUE TO THIS MAN.

AS A SIDE NOTE: PCSO PRESENTED THE CASE TO THE ATF AND THEY LAUGHED THE SHERIFFS OFFICE OUT OF TAMPA.

GRADY: TTY TO KEEP YOUR DEPUTIES FROM GETTING ARRESTED OR PRETENDING THEIR DOCTORS. ANYONE FOR AN EXAM?? CALLING DOCTOR LAWSON, CALLING DOCTOR LAWSON..

10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
PCSO JUDDITES.... KEEP IN MIND THAT YALL STILL HAVE AN EMPLOYEE WORKING WHO SHOT ONE OF YOUR OWN......

MAKES A DROPPED BALL ON SOME FIRECRACKERS LOOK SMALL HUH....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, GUYS IN GREEN....

10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Oooooooo ouch uuuuugh ... that hurt! LMAO I love this freakin' job! LMAO ... funny thing is we'll slam each other and ***** about each other sometimes and all the crap over the years about who's a better agency and all ... but you let any one of us call for help in a dire emergency like Sept 28, 2006 and we'll absolutely RUN every son of a biatch right off the roadways into the ditches getting there to HELP each other! Stay safe my friends!

10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Damn right we would you dirty green star monkey LOL. Keep at least 2 wheels on the ground brother.

10-24-2007, 04:43 AM
So what is a citizen to do? When I lived out of state, I was the victim of identity theft by someone living in Lakeland. I reported it to my local LEO who only did an information report and said I had to report it to LPD. Tried to report it to LPD and they lobbed it back to my local LEO. What's a victim to do when they get the run around and no-one will help?

10-24-2007, 05:35 AM
So what is a citizen to do? When I lived out of state, I was the victim of identity theft by someone living in Lakeland. I reported it to my local LEO who only did an information report and said I had to report it to LPD. Tried to report it to LPD and they lobbed it back to my local LEO. What's a victim to do when they get the run around and no-one will help?

Well for starters, you could speak with an on-duty LPD supervisor or even file a FORMAL complaint if you are so inclined. But what you must not do, what you must never do, is come to the only small place on the world wide web where Lakeland officers have to talk about department issues and complain to us. We have an internal affairs section just like every other police department........USE IT. Believe me, $hit will roll downhill to the affected officer FAST the way things are around here.

10-27-2007, 12:00 AM
[quote="paying customer":qmujuxer]So what is a citizen to do? When I lived out of state, I was the victim of identity theft by someone living in Lakeland. I reported it to my local LEO who only did an information report and said I had to report it to LPD. Tried to report it to LPD and they lobbed it back to my local LEO. What's a victim to do when they get the run around and no-one will help?

Well for starters, you could speak with an on-duty LPD supervisor or even file a FORMAL complaint if you are so inclined. But what you must not do, what you must never do, is come to the only small place on the world wide web where Lakeland officers have to talk about department issues and complain to us. We have an internal affairs section just like every other police department........USE IT. Believe me, $hit will roll downhill to the affected officer FAST the way things are around here.[/quote:qmujuxer]

BTW... I did all you said.. I did speak to a Sgt....I did speak to IA... and the result was "10-98" verbal reprimand. Yeah, I know when things don't go you way you automatically think the system is broken, and personally, it was in my case.

10-27-2007, 01:07 AM
[quote="Tango Up":eddbt30w][quote="paying customer":eddbt30w]So what is a citizen to do? When I lived out of state, I was the victim of identity theft by someone living in Lakeland. I reported it to my local LEO who only did an information report and said I had to report it to LPD. Tried to report it to LPD and they lobbed it back to my local LEO. What's a victim to do when they get the run around and no-one will help?

Well for starters, you could speak with an on-duty LPD supervisor or even file a FORMAL complaint if you are so inclined. But what you must not do, what you must never do, is come to the only small place on the world wide web where Lakeland officers have to talk about department issues and complain to us. We have an internal affairs section just like every other police department........USE IT. Believe me, $hit will roll downhill to the affected officer FAST the way things are around here.[/quote:eddbt30w]

BTW... I did all you said.. I did speak to a Sgt....I did speak to IA... and the result was "10-98" verbal reprimand. Yeah, I know when things don't go you way you automatically think the system is broken, and personally, it was in my case.[/quote:eddbt30w]

So you complained and the officer was reprimanded. What would you have liked to have happened? Had the officer's head served to you on a silver platter? Does not sound to me as if the system was broken AT ALL. Someone evidently found merit in your complaint and corrective action was taken. What's the problem?

10-27-2007, 04:41 AM
[quote="Tango Up":12z8j6xr][quote="paying customer":12z8j6xr]So what is a citizen to do? When I lived out of state, I was the victim of identity theft by someone living in Lakeland. I reported it to my local LEO who only did an information report and said I had to report it to LPD. Tried to report it to LPD and they lobbed it back to my local LEO. What's a victim to do when they get the run around and no-one will help?

Well for starters, you could speak with an on-duty LPD supervisor or even file a FORMAL complaint if you are so inclined. But what you must not do, what you must never do, is come to the only small place on the world wide web where Lakeland officers have to talk about department issues and complain to us. We have an internal affairs section just like every other police department........USE IT. Believe me, $hit will roll downhill to the affected officer FAST the way things are around here.

BTW... I did all you said.. I did speak to a Sgt....I did speak to IA... and the result was "10-98" verbal reprimand. Yeah, I know when things don't go you way you automatically think the system is broken, and personally, it was in my case.[/quote:12z8j6xr]

So you complained and the officer was reprimanded. What would you have liked to have happened? Had the officer's head served to you on a silver platter? Does not sound to me as if the system was broken AT ALL. Someone evidently found merit in your complaint and corrective action was taken. What's the problem?[/quote:12z8j6xr]

The officer was the SUSPECT in the identity theft. It was not treated or handled as a crime. It was handled as a citizen complaint. I pursued the SAO and FDLE and did in fact receive help there, not at LPD. And a documented verbal reprimand is hardly sufficient for an officer breaking the law.

10-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd like to know the full story on this one. Two sides to every issue....

10-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Interesting to read how it's PCSO vs. LPD on this issue. I'd just like to say that the PCSO horns don't need to be tootin' quite so loud. The PCSO was contacted beginning on 9/6 and at least 3 different times after that, with a detective assigned who was very cavalier about the entire thing. So, not only did LPD turn me away (a call that they have on tape and have heard and now know who told me to call OPD - about which they said they will take appropriate action), but PCSO was contacted more than once and only took real action after our event planner made a call to a personal friend who was high up in the department who got the detective to finally do something. Action was taken because of the VA Tech comment.

Keep in mind that we had no idea of his possessions until the officers went to his house. Our intent was for someone to just make sure this guy didn't come to any of our events - we had no idea it would turn into something bigger.

However, our reunion was very successful and we had no known cancellations or no-shows because of the drama.

10-29-2007, 02:37 AM
OK, so we finally know what this complaint entails. Yeah it was a good thing the skeriff stopped that dangerous scary man with firecrackers who just wanted to be left alone. In fact, I bet had he JUST BEEN LEFT ALONE, none of this would have been an issue. But then again, I know the difficult intricacies of removing someone from a mass emailing list such as you probably had there. God, just think, if this guy had just been left to his wares. The night of the reunion there might well have been an unbelievable noise disturbance somewhere near the gathering. (GASP!)

11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Stand by, and see when the details of the LPD call is revealed I am sure you all will take a different view on things...

11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Do tell ...

Sparkie
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Stand by, and see when the details of the LPD call is revealed I am sure you all will take a different view on things...

Yes, I'm very curious on just what is being implied here. It's aggravating when folks make implicating statements and then never provide a follow-up. If you don't have the goods to put-up; then please, with all due respect, shut-up. You lose credibilty.

11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I feel your sarcasm in the intricacies of removing someone from a mailing list. I DID NOT have a "mailing list". It was an ANNOUNCEMENT posted on classmates.com. This means that CLASSMATES.COM sends a message to all classmates.com message centers for those who have voluntarily signed up on their site. In this case, Mr. Vaughn - who wanted to be left alone - was signed up TWICE. I had no control over who did and didn't receive the announcement.

So, what about this guy who talks about the details of the recorded call? Where did he go? I made the call, I know what was said, and I also know that LPD has completed whatever their investigation was. I trust that it simply leads to a training issue and LPD will take a little more time in the future with this sort of call rather than passing it on to another agency.

Meanwhile, Mr. Vaughn is still in jail. They are working on getting help mental health help, and I hope they do.

11-29-2007, 11:29 PM
You get what you pay for in this world. Same holds true for quality policing and quality police officers. LPD hires only the best, or whatever's left over that they can scrape off the bottom of the barrel sometimes.

You come to this forum to tell us we dropped the ball and screwed up. Hell that aint no secret or news flash. We've hired many, many more just like the screw up that dropped the ball on this case, but hey, remember what I said, "You get what you pay for in life". :wink: