PDA

View Full Version : I'm all for voting no on the PBA contract...

10-05-2007, 12:26 AM
USF should get a lot better then what is being offered, period. After reading the the Oracle article, the 2 written reprimands sounds better (but should be eliminated totally), but again discipline at USF is given out easily on the University system/compared to other police departments. You will never see a reprimand for not notifying a supervisor of a water leak. The Evals are Extremely subjective, very subjective.... if you're not in...you probably won't get the Exceeds. This is something to think about for some of you new folks...it's a $1,000. I have examples of this BS, but I won't post them at this time.

Agencies that we want to immulate, Tpd or Hcso do not have any such thing in their contract. This is almost as bad as the requirements to become a Master Patrolman, or whatever it is called here. USF PD goes by the University standards on their evals and discipline system, which doesnt fit in with the standards of other police departments, just like the pay scale that we are fighting so hard to get doesn't.

10-05-2007, 02:07 AM
From what I have learned, besides the bonuses given out based upon the yearly evaluation, at this department, since the Krauss law suit; femlales in general, have gotten better pay raises than the males.

10-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey Migliore made it out and says he likes it a bunch. I was told they have two openings from retirements. The guy to see is Sgt. Collins 989-7117 I'm going, I need one more guy to go. Higher pay, better equipment it seems pretty good from the outside. I'll race you to the dept.

10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
There's really not much that we can do when it comes to money. The University's cast of idiots that sit on that dias and spew bullshyt about "its a tough time money wise for the University" sit there and laugh on the inside about what they do for their 6 figure salaries.

Now we have our Clueless VP, her slap happy ways and her free wheeling spending, but nothing for UP.

If you have the chance, move on, there's no hope here. Even with the Press and the students behind us we will never get a decent wage. Move on while you still can.

10-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Looks like the University is going to a lower paid security guard force anyways. Unions really don't have any power in America anymore these days. Everyting is outsourced to cheaper labor. The Chief was behind us, but now it seems he is all for this security guard gimmick, go figure.

10-08-2007, 03:25 AM
There should be little to no activity from anyone from your Department. Collect your paycheck work the overtime and watch the clock count down till end of shift.

10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
There should be little to no activity from anyone from your Department. Collect your paycheck work the overtime and watch the clock count down till end of shift.

To tell you the truth thats what has to be done

very sad but true

10-14-2007, 02:43 AM
As a union man, and looking at the negotiations here, the pba in bargaining is just about useless. The other side will determine most of the the standards set and requirements on the University standards, period. The UP takes what is left over and what they can get. UP will never get anything as a legitimate police department, as compared to what the other agencies get in bargaining, unless something is changed.