PDA

View Full Version : LAP TOP THEFTS / BEST BUY SUNRISE BLVD

09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Take a look at the neighbors section of the herald every Sunday. It seems that for the past 5 years people have been buying lap tops at the Best Buy on Sunrise BLVD, foolishly leaving them in their cars while they eat lunch or what have you, only to return to their windows being smashed and the lap tops removed. It's obvious that these people are being followed once they leave the store.

Has your department done anything to address this problem or do you guys operate like Davie PD and ignore blatent crime trends until someone gets knocked unconscience during a residential burglary and the media gets wind of the trend?

09-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Has your department done anything to address this problem

I don't think they should do anything about this problem.... because the Best Buy is in another city (Plantation).

10-01-2007, 01:12 AM
PLantation PD 984-797-2100

10-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Take a look at the neighbors section of the herald every Sunday. It seems that for the past 5 years people have been buying lap tops at the Best Buy on Sunrise BLVD, foolishly leaving them in their cars while they eat lunch or what have you, only to return to their windows being smashed and the lap tops removed. It's obvious that these people are being followed once they leave the store.

Has your department done anything to address this problem or do you guys operate like Davie PD and ignore blatent crime trends until someone gets knocked unconscience during a residential burglary and the media gets wind of the trend?

Why not take resposability for your own life and either lock your doors. Or go home with your valuables and put them away. If you leave your STUFF in your car in WIDE PLAIN VIEW, then you deserve to have your shizzat taken! Plain and simple. We cant be everywhere, to watch your stuff in your cars. Ok rocket scientist? Its people like you who think we live in a utopia society that nothing never happens especially to you. Wake up and smell the Colombian coffe beans. Its a violent world. If you want a crime free world I suggest you go find a deserted sand island somewhere off the coast of Tahiti and live your Utopian life.
Im OUT!

10-01-2007, 03:22 AM
The first defense against being a victim of crime is the actions that you, as a citizen, take to protect yourself. That means locking your doors to your home, being aware of your surroundings, calling the police for suspicious behavior, etc. Would you leave your computer outside on the front lawn of your house, unattended? Of course not. Someone may walk away with it. Leaving valuable items inside your car, is an invitation for the criminal element. The police cannot be everywhere, all the time.

It would be nice if most citizens had some type of common sense and take normal precautions to protect themselves. But that won't happen, and people like you will blame us for your victimization.

10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I like ketchup with my scrambled eggs!

10-02-2007, 09:58 PM
yea learn the jurisdictions better, before you mess with sunrise, wrong city

10-24-2007, 12:29 AM
I work for a small department in Central Florida. In the past 3 weeks we've had a rash of Credit Card numbers being stolen and used at the Best Buy Store in Plantation. I just read your message and thought there might be a connection. The persons who are buying and then "allowing" the laptops to be stolen may actually have used stolen Credit Card numbers to purchase them in the first place. Each of the credit cards used was in fact used to purchase computers and equipment to the tune of over $2K.

You might want to have this checked out.

Sincerely,
SexyEyedLeo

10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Regardless of city the best buy is in...Why would anyone with half a brain go in and buy a nice expensive laptop and leave it in the car??? Hello police cant protect dumb people...

10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, obviously... we should just hire more police officers... we can have one officer for, lets see, every 6 parking spots at the best buy....

But hey, don't complain about the tax increases.

10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I work for a small department in Central Florida. In the past 3 weeks we've had a rash of Credit Card numbers being stolen and used at the Best Buy Store in Plantation. I just read your message and thought there might be a connection. The persons who are buying and then "allowing" the laptops to be stolen may actually have used stolen Credit Card numbers to purchase them in the first place. Each of the credit cards used was in fact used to purchase computers and equipment to the tune of over $2K.

Sincerely,
SexyEyedLeo

Maybe I'm just crazy, but WHY in god's name would someone who used a stolen credit card, "allow" their item to be stolen, just so they can report it to the police and now have their information being taken down and being part of an investigation.... holy crap... good job detective... hey Sunrise guys, lets forward this over to Plantation... this person may be on to something.

10-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Sincerely,
SexyEyedLeo

Maybe I'm just crazy, but WHY in god's name would someone who used a stolen credit card, "allow" their item to be stolen, just so they can report it to the police and now have their information being taken down and being part of an investigation.... holy crap... good job detective... hey Sunrise guys, lets forward this over to Plantation... this person may be on to something.

I have to agree with you. That theory doesn't seem to make any sense.

01-26-2008, 12:42 AM
PLantation
PD 984-797-2100

Keep dialing that number all you want and nobody will answer ! Here's a hot tip let's try this number 954-797-2100. There is no recorded loop and a LIVE operator will actually answer it within 3 rings !

01-26-2008, 02:34 AM
a live inexperienced operator.......................that knows nothing about tty or main..........................

02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
a live inexperienced operator.......................that knows nothing about tty or main..........................

outsourced to India?

02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
lmao :D