PDA

View Full Version : New Awards Committee

09-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I say we form our own awards committee.
First Award should be named the "McCord Award" I would like to nominate. Capn Dan.

09-28-2007, 10:14 PM
"McCord Award"

He only gets the award if he promises to leave like George did.

09-30-2007, 01:44 AM
lol

mod 461
09-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Lets face it, considering all that we got, I am most certain that George is sorry he ever left.

Kind of like buying a lottery ticket, finding out you won the jackpot, then realizing you lost the ticket!

09-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Lets face it, considering all that we got, I am most certain that George is sorry he ever left.

Kind of like buying a lottery ticket, finding out you won the jackpot, then realizing you lost the ticket!

Hes dong great at BSO and is totally happy about not working at our agency. With the current administration how do you feel Mod 461 or do you actually work here. Unless you work on the fourth floor I am sure you feel like the rest of of low morale, no leadership, and the worst is yet to come. You will see just stay around long enough. It cant get any worse just ask JD, GS, S.F. they would all tell you

09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello Pines brother & sister's!

I read your forum and am floored at all of the complaints of how horrible it is to work at your PD. Why would any of you stay in this terrible environment? Let me tell you that it is no better in many other departments. Each has morale problems and problem supervisors. I have worked at a few different places and can tell you that each had their own problems as well as good points. I can tell you after 20+ years in LE that things have changed for our profession. We have many outside influences on how we can do our jobs, some good and some bad. We also have different employees now, with different needs. The bottom line is that it is not up to your department to make you happy every day at work, it is all up to you. It is a matter of your perspective and how you deal with the changes in our profession. If all you do is focus on the problems then that will be all you will see. Listen, I see that your agency has some leadership problems, but many do. You can effect change from any level. Anyone can be a leader. Be part of the solution and quit just complaining about what is wrong. When you look back after 20 years you will recognize that some (not all) of those issues were petty and not worth getting upset about. Life is too short! Take care of yourselves and all of your brother & sister officers. Be careful, be honorable, and remember why you chose this profession in the first place. Many officers before you made great sacrifices to help you obtain your stature, honor them and their memory by taking an active part in making our profession better. After all is said and done we have to look out for each other and make sure we all go home safe at the end of the day. Be careful out there!
LEO

mod 461
09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
As a MOD, I agreed to remain anonymous and neutral, but I can tell you that I've been around the block a few times (more than 20). I am not on the 4th floor to clear that up. (I have been around when many on the 4th floor were hired.) Nuf said about that.

As far as morale goes, I can understand the frustrations. But realize this, as bad as we think things are, we still have it really good.

MOD 461

09-30-2007, 10:47 PM
OF COURSE YOU'RE NOT ON THE FOURTH FLOOR. YOUR OFFICE IS ON THE FIRST FLOOR RIGHT NEXT TO THE EXIT.

10-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Let's clear that up, the SW exit, not the QM's exit.

mod 461
10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Ok, you got me....not really...nice try though

10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
We may have some incompetence amongst us, but it doesnt end with two capts. JD did his share of write ups that were unwarranted as well, so I guess you can call that ju ju or karma, or just plain what goes around comes around.

Hopefully Mod 461 can remain on the down low so he wont get pressure to use the delete button too often

10-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I have been in this department for less than 10 years. I have seen many changes, and we have seen better days. The truth is that we still have it better than other departments. Just ask our surrounding police departments. In all families you can find a retarded member.