PDA

View Full Version : PRO-ACTIVE V. RE-ACTIVE

09-28-2007, 01:23 PM
There are two basic types of patrol, PRO-ACTIVE & RE-ACTIVE.

PRO-ACTIVE happens in agencies where:

Deputies are appreciated by the county commissioners.

Annual pay raises including the yearly step increases. Making overtime available to those who wish to earn it.

Equal pay compares to similar size agencies.

Benefits previously entitled to aren't taken away (Health insurance/take home vehicles etc.)

RE-ACTIVE-Where there is

No 2007 pay increase.

Potential loss of health benefits and take home vehicles.

No overtime.

Lowest paid sheriff's office in the area (Escambia/Okaloosa Counties)

Low morale from being continually crapped on by the county commissioners.

Which type of police work do you think the taxpayers would more appreciate?

09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Someone will always be low unless you're in favor of a uniformed pay scale for all agencies state wide like the Law Enforcement Standards supplements.

The Sheriff's and Chief's of Police would love that because then they' wouldn't have to battle their own troops every year over salary issues.

The troops and unions wouldn't like it because they couldn't then play one agency’s salaries against the others as arguments of why they need raises (because we're the lowest).

One year Escambia is the lowest and uses the argument, gets a raise then the next year Okaloosa uses the same argument, gets a raise and now it's Santa Rosa's turn again and the never ending circle goes round and round.

If they were all paid identical salaries, they'd then argue that Leon County was paid more and on, and on and on.

Salaries will always be a little different from one county to another as well as one state to another.

Garbage men want more, secretaries want more, cooks want more-----everyone wants more. As long as your salary is fair and close and comparable to others doing similar work, be glad you have a job, do your job you're paid to do and quit quibbling over nickel and dimes.

The question you need to ask your self, is can you leave you job today, as a deputy sheriff with a HS diploma and immediately walk into a 40 hour a week job paying 30K plus, with overtime provisions whether it be with time and half pay or time and half time off for any hours worked over 40, with two weeks off every year on paid vacation and with sick leave benefits of two weeks a year that is cumulative and pays you a full salary for as many days you have accumulated if you or your immediate family do have a long term sickness. Plus you are furnished the use of a full time vehicle that provides you with free transportation to and from work and for anything else that is work related such as attending court, training missions and an occasional stop by the convenience store to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home.

One more benefit you have not available to most other trades is the opportunity to work all the overtime on “moonlight jobs” that you want to and get paid big bucks for the most part sitting only requires you to sit on your butt watching traffic or wandering around some store watching for shoplifters. There are very few occupations that have a built in provision that allows you to pick up an additional $10,000 to $20,000 on off duty gigs.

One of the sweetest benefit your have is something un-heard of in the private sector for most workers is a retirement program that you do not have to contribute to that allows you to retire with 75% of your highest fire year’s salary after 25 years on the job. Start at age 21 and retire at age 46 with 75%, now that is something that you wont find anywhere else with nothing more than a HS diploma to show what you’re worth.

Your job opportunities for advancement which will allow you to be paid a higher salary are greater than most trades. If you keep your nose clean, don’t get too involved in personal matters within the department that are not any of your business, do your job and just wait, and you have been a deputy for 8-10 years, you could be a Sgt. (if you want the responsibility) and now your pay is in the 40-50’s and you are much closer to that 25 year mark

If you’ve been with the office a few more years and now have 15-20 years, by osmosis you could be a Lieutenant and are now are drawing a salary in the 60’s to 70’s have a nice vehicle furnished, have a lot of self esteem and are well respected in the community and are now on the downhill slide of being able to take that 75% of your high five years salary and sit back on the beach drink pina colatas and watch the sun sets.

For those who have played the political game and were skilled enough or just lucky enough to have made the call that was on the winning side, you are probably Captains and higher with salaries in the 70-80’s and you are now one of “them” and have come to the realization after over 20 years on the job what a great job it has been and how good it has been for you and your family.

I submit to all of you that you cannot walk off your job today or any tomorrow and walk into a job that pays the 30K plus salaries for those who have less than 10 years on the job nor can you who are in the 40’s to 80’s likewise find anything with the same of more salary and WITH THE BENEFITS THAT YOU HAVE. If you could you would. So quit belly aching, and go to work with a smile on your face and thank each and every taxpayer you meet for giving you the opportunity of serving and for paying the taxes that provides you with the salary and benefits you do have.

No one ever suggest you’d be rich working as a deputy sheriff. If you want to be rich, go work for Donald Trump.

If you want higher pay, lobby the legislature to raise the max supplement for those who take the initiative to get college training and degrees. The max $130 benefit has been a stagnant number for over 30 years and should be increased to$300 for a 2 year degree, $500 a month for a 4 year degree and $700 a month for a Doctorate.

09-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Many complaining about their 30,000 plus salaries don’t acknowledge they have some of the best job benefits of any other vocation in this area. The post that spelled out the 25 year retirement failed to mention that the retirement also comes with a guaranteed annual increase of 3% each and every year.

With normal raises, any officer who began his career twenty five years ago in 1982 will have reached an average salary of no less than $50,000 even if the officer did not benefit from a single promotion. If that same officer with those 25 years of service retires he will retire with $37,500 a year retirement. With the guaranteed 3%, ten years after retiring that same officer will be drawing approximately $50,000 retirement pay in 2017, and ten years later in 2027, approx $65,000. Not to shabby a retirement for having to work only 25 years.

The retirement plan also has built in feature that was not posted and it is the feature that allows a wife who is widowed to receive a life long pension that is 2/3 of what the retired husband drew if the husband agreed to accept a slightly smaller initial amount while he is alive. This is a great security blanket for a wife who according to actuarial statistics is more likely to out live the husband by many years.

In addition the officer and wife are entitled to still draw their social security retirement upon reaching SS retirement ages.

Many of you who are in your first few years on the job can’t see twenty five years in the future because like all young people you think you’ll live forever. Take it from one who has been around the block, you won’t. Before you know it, ten years will have passed then 15 and about 20 it’ll dawn on you that you’ve completed 80% of your career and the next five years will fly by.

Point being is you have a great job, with a lot of job satisfaction just knowing that every once in a while you’ll be in a place that will make a life long difference in someone’s life. You may not pull a baby from a burning house, or jump in the river and save a drowning person or jump over many building in a single bound but there will be plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference.

Don’t spend your whole career wining, belly aching and complaining how bad things are. Consider the alternative. You could be sweating you buns off digging a ditch for some septic line, hanging from a tree limb cutting off branches for some landscaper or on top of a roof nailing shingles with 100 plus degrees heat beating down on you. Any time you think things are bad put yourself mentally in any of those situations because those who are there would give their right gonad to change places with you.

Your base pay is not all you job is worth to you. All the benefits mentioned in this thread is worth more than money can buy but if you were to try to put a dollar amount on all of them it would be many, many thousands of dollars every year.

Be thankful you have it and give the taxpayers what they deserve, your best!

09-28-2007, 09:31 PM
All we want is for our sheriff to stand behind us. All we want is for our BOCC to support us. As long as Otis is running things its seek and destroy. Fat@$$ GG will never support law enforcment

09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Some serious butt kisser trying to make a point obviously trying to bull$#& us. We are losing our benefits and annual increases, sick and annaul leave. . I cannot afford to pay 800 bucks a month for insurance. At the same time people are getting laid off he is giving his chosen few a raise of all raises. Time for a change

09-29-2007, 03:32 PM
The following statement is for those who believe deputies are “Whining” and Griping” about the possibility of losing benefits. Having been raised to respect authority and having family members in law enforcement for years, I’ve often heard the stories of citizens claiming that LEO’s should be happy for their jobs and grateful that their salaries are paid by the taxpayers. I am appalled that people still believe that is an acceptable statement under any circumstance. Imagine telling the mother of a fallen soldier, “I’m sorry your son lost his life, but I sure hope while he was alive, he was grateful that my tax dollars paid his meager salary and provided the vehicles he drove while having the privilege of serving his country.” It’s a heartless and meaningless argument.
Yes, it is true that LEO’s chose the profession they are in and true, they should be happy. I don’t believe asking to keep the benefits they now receive and asking for adequate respect from those they work for and with is too much to ask. Anyone from a “ditch digger” as was so aptly stated by a previous poster, to a surgeon, should be respected for the job they do. One is no more important than the other. They are both simply doing their job. I think anyone who has seen a roofer nimbly carry a bundle of shingles across a steep roof would agree that it is not an easy or simple job.
LEO’s are in the unique position though to deal with hours of boredom punctuated by moments of terror. It’s a rare day when a realtor needs to do his job knowing that when he arrives at the open house, there is someone inside with a loaded gun, or an office worker is asked to put his or her life in jeopardy in order to protect another human being. You can’t compare apples to oranges.
Why can’t we just give LEO’s a break and not let them have the added worry of losing current benefits and let them do the jobs “the taxpayers” pay them for? They aren’t asking for anything out of the ordinary compared to other agencies.
In conclusion, contrary to previous postings, not all LEO’s are lazy, fat and stop to pick up milk on the way home from work. Quite often at the end of a shift, Deputies are asked to respond to calls. Law enforcement is not the typical nine to five job; they can’t just punch out or leave the office at a specified time. So why don’t you stop your griping and be happy that there are still people willing to put their lives on the line for you and your family.

09-29-2007, 08:41 PM
LEOWife,

"Quite often at the end of a shift, Deputies are asked to respond to calls."

Wow, your hubby has put a real snow job on you.

Is that his excuse every time he comes hime a couple of hours after his shift ends.

09-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey guest that made the smartass comment to leo wife. Your an idiot

09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Shark Chum

You are right we have no shortage of them. These dumb asses need to wake up!

09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Sheriff McNesby Covers Health Insurance Increases (Posted 9/20/2007)

NWFPBA would like to thank Sheriff McNesby for covering the full cost of the Health Insurance increase. Our health insurance costs rose 17% across the board and he full absorbed this increase.

09-30-2007, 08:29 PM
hmmm, should I work at Santa Rosa where the pay is low, no health insurance, no leave time, and other benifits or should I work across the river where the pay is higher, have health insurance, leave time, and a ton of side jobs.

That's not a hard decision. I think I will put my name in the hat at Escambia. I don't foresee anyone applying at Santa Rosa in the near future.

I predict a mass exodus if those benefits are taken away in Santa Rosa.

10-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I predict a mass exodus if those benefits are taken away in Santa Rosa.

There is no prediction to make..it's already reality.

10-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Those who have 10-15 years on the job would love for the exodus to take place. If enough of the junior officers leave to create a vacancy crisis, Hall would have the ammunition to put the commissioners behind the 8 ball and the shortage would cause a citizen rebellion. The commissioners would then be forced to find the funds to raise the salaries and benefits so that replacements can be recruited. By that time those with the 10-15 years will have 15-20 years and their last five will be a much higher high five that will give them a better retirement.

So, do a favor for all the old timers and for those that will replace you. Leave. They’ll help you pack.

10-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Some serious butt kisser trying to make a point obviously trying to bull$#& us. We are losing our benefits and annual increases, sick and annaul leave. . I cannot afford to pay 800 bucks a month for insurance. At the same time people are getting laid off he is giving his chosen few a raise of all raises. Time for a change

800.00 a month??? Where are you working? It's a little more than half that for family and individual is still free...

10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
The 800 bucks is what we will have to pay if they stop paying for employees insurance.

10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Those who have 10-15 years on the job would love for the exodus to take place. If enough of the junior officers leave to create a vacancy crisis, Hall would have the ammunition to put the commissioners behind the 8 ball and the shortage would cause a citizen rebellion. The commissioners would then be forced to find the funds to raise the salaries and benefits so that replacements can be recruited. By that time those with the 10-15 years will have 15-20 years and their last five will be a much higher high five that will give them a better retirement.

So, do a favor for all the old timers and for those that will replace you. Leave. They’ll help you pack.

post is probably right. Those that stick it out thru the tough times will benifit from those who leave and those leaving will lose their seniority when the leave. The effect of them leaving will be a net loss to them on the long haul, so you better think twice about leaving.

10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
If we had a sheriff that took care of us like he takes care of "the ultimate admin" people wouldnt leave. Perhaps "principle" ios the key word. Unless he does something drastic but Good, my vote is with somebody else. If he wins I'm gone.

Quicksilver
10-03-2007, 05:00 AM
This response is for the guest on the page 1 /2 post (under guest).

You must be that person that looks at himself/herself the mirror and thinks you are the greatest person on earth and makes 100k a year. You have no clue.
You are sadly mistaken if you believe the salaries of law enforcement officers are even where they should be considering the way prices of homes, home insurance, vehicle insurance etc. are these days. I do not believe anyone currently active in law enforcement believes salaries are ever close to what they should be for this area (Northwest Florida) especially when the Sheriff is able to give his administration a raise. If the Sheriffs and Chiefs cared as much about the Deputy and Officer on the streets as much as they do their administrations then I do not think we would be having a salary issue.

I would like to address something that you stated in your post and give you some facts:

1) Overtime?
a) That has been taken away, we now have to “flex out” our overtime.

2) Two weeks off, paid overtime, sick leave, long term sickness.
a) Most jobs offer this as an employee package.

3) Full time take home car.
a) Well we are required to respond on or off duty, and why should we use are personal vehicle to go to court or depositions when we were working in the first place. Training class: this benefits sheriff’s office and the citizens and we are required to do training. Therefore, I ask you why should we not have take home cars? You jealous?

4) Moonlight jobs.
a) You are mistaken when you stated $10,000 to $20,000 on off duty jobs. I have a permanent off duty job and I have never come even close to those dollar amounts. So where did you get the dollar figure?

5) Retirement with 75% after 25years.
a) Now there is some compensation for the risk we take. Sounds like another jealous comment.

6) Job opportunities for advancement.
a) You are nowhere close in the comment. The truth of it is if you are not a kiss a@@ and have some money to put to the Sheriff’s campaign or you are not one of the good ‘ol boys forget about making rank. Now that is the cold hard facts. I have seen guys make number 1 on the list several times and have more years in service and have never made rank as of this day. So your statement holds no value.

As far as this comment:

“If you’ve been with the office a few more years and now have 15-20 years, by osmosis you could be a Lieutenant and are now are drawing a salary in the 60’s to 70’s have a nice vehicle furnished, have a lot of self esteem and are well respected in the community and are now on the downhill slide of being able to take that 75% of your high five years salary and sit back on the beach drink pina colatas and watch the sun sets.”

Were in the hell did you pull this from. Osmosis, I have never seen this before. If I’m not mistaken you still have to test and interview and then hope you’re the one getting promoted. I know a Sgt who was on the list and is still not a lieutenant. So, I don’t foresee him as you put it “sitting back on the beach drinking pina colatas and watching the sun sets” anytime soon.

As far as the Captains of this agency I can tell you this, most of them are the Good ‘ol Boys and did not make it up the ranks on their own. They made it there because they lined the pockets of the Sheriff or were kiss A@@’s. I can only speak of one Captain that can make a decision and deserves the rank of “Captain” I personally respect this man and have had the pleasure of working for him.

You have used the word High School diploma several times in this post; do you believe that is all deputies/officers have? Many of us have higher education before we became deputies and are continuing our education. A lot of us do this job because we want to and it’s something we enjoy. We are not asking to become rich, we all knew when we took our oath of office that we were not going to become millionaires, we are simply asking for a fair pay so we can provide for our families. We do a very dangerous job that most people would not want to do, we see the dark side of society things you probably have never seen and most likely do not want to. We deal with the people who steal your property, or wreck your car when all you are doing is driving down the road. We arrest the person who has just plowed into a car and killed an entire family, and then have to spend hours after we were supposed to get off writing reports and processing evidence to make sure that person goes to jail for the rest of his/her life. Not to mention having to go tell mom, dad, brother, or sister that their loved one is dead. We deal with the people who hurt innocent children and we have to sit there and listen to that child tell what they went through. Let me ask you this, have you ever had someone die in your arms or have you done CPR on a child and not been able to resuscitate them back to life? I am assuming that so far none of these things have happened to you or your family and I hope it never does. So maybe you should ask those families the worth of a local Deputy or Officer and see what kind of response you get. So instead of us saying thank you to every taxpayer we see, how about you (the public) saying thank you to all the law enforcement officers that protect you and your families. We too pay taxes so I guess you can say we pay ourselves.

So, Thank you Deputy.

As for Donald Trump if I knew he would hire me I would be working for him and not as a Deputy Sheriff.

As you can tell lobbing the legislatures, I have a feeling that’s not going to work with the current problem with the insurance market. Why do you think there are Sheriffs and Police Departments that are laying off personnel right now. I have a great Idea, why don’t you go lobby for your local police department or Sheriff’s office and tell the legislatures that you prefer law enforcement instead of a $200.00 a year saving on your insurance rates.

Next time you post something here try and get the facts right because you are way off on this, or talk about something you have knowledge about.

Your local Deputy Sheriff.

10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I am hearing things that indicate Mr. Hall is losing support from his troops. TSK TSK TSK. If he would show support for us we would support him. He exhalts us the way he does his "command staff extrodinaires" morale would be the way it is supposed to be. Becareful what you say. He has "eyes" and "ears" of the @$$kisser squad that are in full force. He wants names of those who show their lack of faith in him. The same ones from 2004 plus a few more. He will strike down on you. He has done it before he will do it again. Time for a change,

Optimus Prime
10-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I have no faith in him; I never had and never will. He only cares about himself, his upper administration and the people that support him. He does not care about or support the deputies, just look at the moral. He has proven this in the past and it will not change as long as he is Sheriff. It's way over do for change!

10-14-2007, 04:31 PM
You know, you guys need to get your facts straight! However, if you're a disgruntled employee its much easier to ***** from the rear seats especially if you don't have to show any proof or verification of what you're saying. There has NEVER been a proposal of eliminating our health benefits! Not one! It was a stupid remark made during a BOCC meeting by the idiot GG. A personal opinion of one idiot BOCC member. That's it. One remark. No other BOCC member endorsed it nor has the topic EVER been brought up again, officially or unofficially! Yet the rumor spread like wild fire through the agency fanned by people that are either uninformed or else just trying to spread crap. The rest of us would appreciate it if you would stop. The sheriff has been going around trying to eliminate the rumor by talking with the staff. The very thing that the staff has always wanted him to do. They have always wanted him to quit listening to his top administrators and to come out and talk with US! So that is exactly what he's doing and STILL some people want to cut him down. Give the sheriff a break. Let's take this opportunity to talk with him and give him our opinion face to face! Let's do our own talking to him instead of having our supervisors do it for us. With no middle man maybe he will hear the TRUE STORY of how we feel! For the rest of you if you can't tell him to his face then shut up and quit posting anonymous crap on the web where you don't have to prove anything or substantiate anything. Our administrators are not perfect by a long shot but if you've ever been in the military you would know that decisions are not easy especailly from the cheap seats in the back. If you want to look at the record start with the sheriff and go all the way down to the road ranks and you will find numerous decisions that could have been better and ladies and gentlemen you will find that in any agency or organization including Van Camp or Randle!

Quicksilver
10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Well it seems someone struck a nerve with you. I knew it was only a matter of time before a Hall supporter was going to come out from behind the desk for air. You must be a real big supporter of Hall or you’re just a real good ol’ boy and you’re blind, because if you can’t see the crap that’s going on here you need to get your eyes checked. How about you get your facts straight, in all the years I have been working for Santa Rosa County I can count on one hand, that’s right one hand how many times I have seen Hall come out to a district and actually tell us something was a rumor or just to talk with the deputies. So I have to ask myself if the rumor is true or not, I venture to say it was tossed around but found it wouldn’t work so now he’s doing damage control. As you say and I quote “Let's take this opportunity to talk with him and give him our opinion face to face! Let's do our own talking to him instead of having our supervisors do it for us. With no middle man maybe he will hear the TRUE STORY of how we feel!” I have talked to him face to face and so has several other deputies and every time I have talked with him he has lied to me. Everything I have posted here is fact! I have not misstated anything and if you have had any time within this agency you would know that or you just don’t care. You got one thing right GG is an idiot and has never supported Law Enforcement. So why don’t you do us a favor go crawl back under your desk and stay there and don’t come out until your asked to, I’ll be sure and send you a oxygen bottle.

It’s time for change!

10-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Then put your facts on the table Mr. Quicksilver! What did he lie to your face about? If you're really an LEO like you say you are then your statements would show Hall has done some things right and some things wrong but yours are nothing but negative negative negative. This shows your feelings are personal and not based on fact. Every sheriff has some good points and some bad and Hall has both but you're not interested in the good, you only want to tell everybody about the bad. Which means you're very biased and opinionated, which tends to make one think that you don't really know what you're talking about. When you interview a subject, the suspect usually interjects the truth in with his lies but you're too one sided to be truthful so you rely on your BS to try and win your arguments thereby defeating your credibility! So tell us Mr. Quicksilver what did he lie to your FACE about? And make sure you have your supporting facts about you. Something that can be verified and not just your word for it. And i don't mean something that can be used to identify you. No one cares who you are. Only the creditable should be taken serious.

Quicksilver
10-14-2007, 10:20 PM
In all my posts you will find there is information that you can substantiate the facts, all you have to do is ask around. I am not and will not tell you about me or what I know. Whether you think my feelings are personal and not based on facts or that I’m very biased and opinionated or even BS it makes no difference to me. I don’t have to prove my creditably to you or anyone else. Therefore if you’re a real deputy do some investigation and find out if what I’m saying is true or not, that is if you have not been sitting behind the desk too long.

10-15-2007, 12:24 AM
I have to agree with Guest. Quicksilver, you point out that the Sheriff has lied, but don't tell us what exactly it is he's lied about. I'm not trying to attack you, but maybe you can point out what it is he's lied about. Inquiring minds would like to know. Also...It would take three votes to abolish employee health insurance through a vote by the County Commission. None of the other Commissioners besides Gordon supported this issue and by perpetuating the issue we give that guy credibility. I'd like to know besides the health insurance issue, what is your problem Quicksilver???

10-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Obviously you guys are not too bright, how about turning on the lights. First let me clear something up the health care post I did not post. As I stated before the Sheriff has lied to me and by me telling you what the lie was about then that would tell you who I am DUH!. So as I have stated before re- read my posts and you can figure it out on your own what my problem is. So with that I will not respond to anything regarding me. So move forward!

10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Guest get your nose out of the sheriff butt and catch a whiff of reality. The sheriff has lied to all of us. He has not came out to the district offices. He relies way too much on an admininstrative staff that knows nothing about this job to make dumb decisons. He refuses to sign a contract that promises to keep out benefits, increases, etc. He does not give a damn about us. He wants his votes, his six figure salary and his power. everyting else is not important to him. Can you dig it?

10-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I am really confused?? Those of you that are posting here are getting onto Quick Silver for making a point. He has not told you anything you have not heard out of the mouths of alot of SRSO employees. First of all has a lie been told? How about asking the victim advocates that got canned. According to the boss he would not let anybody go unless forced to do so and he would go by seniority. Did that happen? Nope. Can he let anyone of us go under the pretext of cut backs? YEP. Were all the students let go? Nope. As for the health care, yes it was brought up at the BOCC meeting but that does not mean it can't happen. If it is not being looked at then why won't he sign the contract?? I thought we were all on the same team but what I am seeing is a bunch of ME ME ME people around here.

10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
The sheriff is dispelling alarms about our benefits? Woop-tee-doo. Guest stop being a roid soother and look at it from a real cop's point of view. I feel like the others in this thread. I will vote, not for Hall. He has lied from his first day. The same spineless puppets run this place and none have ever had any significant road time. Why is that so important? The exclusive crew only look things from one point of view (besides the backside of the sheriff). They sit around the staff meetings and think @#$t up. For example: SC is in the Major of Law Enforcement, although he has never done any real law enforcment. His job is to assigned supervisor inquiries. JO is Captain over Patrol Operations although he has never really patrolled. JK is now in charge of FTO and special enforcement although he has never done anything except write people up for bs stuff (ask D-4. Most of them were written up at least once while he was the Lt). He has never been an FTO but now, he is in charge. The shurf has placed people in charge of certain positions, such as SC in charge of swat. I wouldnt trust him with a potato gun. None of those have the patrol or other experience to lead. To me its like putting a blind man in the ****pit of the space shuttle and say "have a nice flight." Time for a Change.

10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Guest said "Something that can be verified and not just your word for it. And i don't mean something that can be used to identify you. No one cares who you are. Only the creditable should be taken serious." Ok. I dont take the shurf or his staff serious for they are not credible. Why did a deputy get found not guilty and fired anyway? Why did the shurf lay off people not based on senority unlike his promise? Why cant he back up not taking away our medical, etc without a contract? A few said they didnt get a warm fuzzy feeling. My feeling was warm thanks to the bull$%&t.

10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
your getting bar-b-qued Pig when they find out who you are. Hahaha, only kidding.

10-17-2007, 01:48 PM
At least I'm not destined to be expelled from a sharks #$$. :lol:

10-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I read these post in this thread and one word comes to mind: VOTE! Get to your polls next year and vote. As a taxpayer and registered voter in this county it upsets me that our public servants are feeling the sting of porkbelly politics. You should not have to worry about losing your jobs or getting cuts in pay and benefits. One county Commisoner says that you should pay for your own insurance or accept a pay cut as an act of faith. I do not see him getting a cut in pay. The sheriff has stood there without fighting for you. Instead he gave his upper management substantial raises. My guess is they do little. I will not vote for our sheriff next time for he has only demosntrated that he cares only for himself and those that kiss his butt everyday.

10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I read these post in this thread and one word comes to mind: VOTE! Get to your polls next year and vote. As a taxpayer and registered voter in this county it upsets me that our public servants are feeling the sting of porkbelly politics. You should not have to worry about losing your jobs or getting cuts in pay and benefits. One county Commisoner says that you should pay for your own insurance or accept a pay cut as an act of faith. I do not see him getting a cut in pay. The sheriff has stood there without fighting for you. Instead he gave his upper management substantial raises. My guess is they do little. I will not vote for our sheriff next time for he has only demosntrated that he cares only for himself and those that kiss his butt everyday.

I agree. Spread the word. Obviously it will not get any better so do something for change. The sheriff has stated that he will not go against the commisioners, so what change is there? None. Seems as though he wants four more years to improve his percentage of a divorce settlement. Empty promises with the same "regime" in place as before.

10-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Looks like everyone is scared.

10-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Looks like everyone is scared.

You think?

Civil Service has gone. Seniority is gone. No backing with the county. The admin doesn't work together. No overtime due to overspending. Layoffs. A social pecking order based on the opinions of a few.

You never know. Things might just get better after the next election and you too can join the department golf team.

10-31-2007, 01:11 AM
You think?

Civil Service has gone. Seniority is gone. No backing with the county. The admin doesn't work together. No overtime due to overspending. Layoffs. A social pecking order based on the opinions of a few.

You never know. Things might just get better after the next election and you too can join the department golf team.

For a minute there I thought ya'll were talking about ECSO. It must be something they add to the water during the Florida Sheriff's conventions that converts people with good intentions into total dumbasses with no spine. :shock:

10-31-2007, 10:47 AM
I saw some posts about our admin never serving in patrol. Those guys are LEO's, like it or not. LEO's are in our administration! Oh I almost forgot. The guys and gals that do law enforcement work are Law Enforcement Officers. LEO's in admin means "Lack Of Experience." DUH!

11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Are we done busting the sheriff's chops? Talking smack about the boss made no sense whatsoever. After his district visits did we come to the conclusion he is really there for us? Get that warm fuzzy feeling? Rumors fly when nobody know whats really going on. Reckless unconfirmed murmering of rotten sh**

11-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Are we done busting the sheriff's chops? Talking smack about the boss made no sense whatsoever. After his district visits did we come to the conclusion he is really there for us? Get that warm fuzzy feeling? Rumors fly when nobody know whats really going on. Reckless unconfirmed murmering of rotten sh**

Looks as though someone on the right side of the fence is at a high level of self importance.