PDA

View Full Version : You heard the man?

09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
I am one who believes In chain of command and obeying orders. The Chief has requested THREE ARRESTS a month, that Is what we shall do.

We continue to fight amongst eachother and our leader for what? The correct thing Is to do as they say.

Heres the beauty!! When you do what they say, Unfortunately they have not thought out ALL the ramifications when you set strict STANDARDS as THREE ARRESTS. I use the word STANDARDS cause that's what our Chief wants?

Patrol officers, PATROL that Is their job to show presence and deter crime.

Lets recap some STANDARDS they have Implented recently:

1)62's. Four to eight 62's a day per Patrol Officer, that's about 80-160 mins of patrol time. The Officers before would do their 62's but would have time to hunt cause they were not worried about their patrol time.
2)Taking 14's away. Smart move now that forces us to do more 62's, hold calls, and take all our signals (10,11,12) when some officers never did so they would not hold calls.
3) Take EVERY signal on the air. That Is a major officer safety when your radio Is tied up cause someone has to do a 62 and you cant get on while you have three 38's.
4) Give your lowest producing officers the worst car. That makes sense when NOBODY cares cause their not ours to begin with. The one that looks bad driving a 800 or 900 unit Is the City not the officer?
5) Two Tickets. Now this has to be my favorite topic! You see young rookies that cannot spot a 38 walking or a crime occuring but they can spot a busted tail light or no tag light. All that matters are the two tickets. It doesn't matter that the person you stopped 30 minutes before 06 time Is QRU you just need the tickets cause you don't want to get written up.

We could go on and on with this, but I won't.

Men, especially In this profession, like to be led. Give me a leader that always has good Intentions even when he can't do nothing for you, and his men will BREAK their backs for him. You know the negative leader, I don't even got to say It, just look at the 2006-2007 arrests and citation yearly stats for the department.

So give the man what he wants THREE ARRESTS AND THATS IT!!!!!!!

Take care of eachother, we are at war. Look to the front and look to the back. If the subject doesn't get you, watch out for you know who.

Left you guys a quote that resembles what we are going through.

A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb