PDA

View Full Version : quota, 3 arrest, and I dont care about Moral

09-25-2007, 03:05 PM
So, In Hialeah we have a quota and the Chief doesnt care about moral. I see you guys arresting anybody for anything. Goes to show that you guys need a Vote of Confidence on Your CHIEF>.....

09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Done that already,did no good.. :cry:

09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
So, In Hialeah we have a quota and the Chief doesn't care about MORALE! I see you guys arresting anybody for anything. Goes to show that you guys need a Vote of Confidence on Your CHIEF>.....

09-25-2007, 06:36 PM
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! NO WONDER SOME OF U ARE SUCH PRICKS.
IS THAT WHY U GUYS ARREST THE FRUIT VENDORS,HOMELESS AND PEOPLE MAKING A LIVING SELLING WATER???
I NOW FEEL FOR U GUYS BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT!
WHO CAN WE SUE? WHAT CAN WE DO TO KEEP THE CASTRO WANNABE FROM FURTHER ABUSE OF OUR CITIZENS?
IS THE MAYOR AWARE OF THIS AND DOES HE SUPPORT IT?
LETS GET TOGETHER AND MARCH ON CITYHALL.
HIALEAH,WHAT A DISGRACE FOR A CHIEF... AND THIS GUY HAS THE BALLS TO SAY THAT HE IS DOING IT FOR MY PROTECTION??? ALL THESE TIXS AND GOOD PEOPLE BEING ARRESTED TO SATISFY THIS MANIAC??
MY GOD,I THINK I AM GOING TO PASS OUT!!!!
IS THIS CUBA OR USA????
WOW.. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
http://wn.wsvn.com/global/video/popup/p ... d=92197929 (http://wn.wsvn.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1779466&h1=7%20News%20Investigation%20-%20%20Hialeah%20Arrests&vt1=v&at1=News%20-%20Special%20Coverage&d1=225900&LaunchPageAdTag=News%20-%20Special%20Coverage&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www1.wsvn.com/features/articles/investigations/MI62602&rnd=92197929)

09-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow that's all I said when I saw that on the news was Wow. "I don't care about morale, the union or the officers. I wonder if anyone is jumping ship after that!

09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Let me just say this. If our chief believes that our cops are turning the other cheek and letting real, and I mean REAL criminals off the hook, he is more insane than I originaly anticipated. I know some of our cops are lazy, disgruntled, or whatever you want to call it. So was most of our command staff when they were on patrol. Now I realize that two wrongs don't make a right, but harrassing vendors, owners of illegally parked cars, and panhandlers is not combating real crime. You tend to get more flies with honey but everything here is by kicking everyone else. Most and I do say most of the officer I work with are not lazy. They all have different stregnths and weakness. That is what makes our patrol force diverse. Let the ticket writers write their tickets and let the predators hunt 29 subjects. In the end it tends to balance out. Those that do not do anything should be dealt with. Not so much because the department mandates this, but because they are screwing their zone partners in the process. In the end we all have a job to do and I for one like to do it right. But when our leader says he does not care about the way any of us feel...well that's a problem, a serious problem.

09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Our chief is an arcane A$$ HOLE.
All REAL criminals are being arrested!! NO ONE,whether Lazy or not,allows FELONS to get off,period.
The lazy remark is unfounded cause there r cops who make B.S.,Victimless 39s and write dozens of tixs to folks who could be our family too and that makes them Productive?? If u believe that,then u r part of the problem...
Come on G?
Every PATROLMAN,is paid for what they may have to do,not for what they do! Get it? As long as the zone ofc is ANSWERING their calls and not milking,the rest is up to them,not the chief!! Preventing crime by PATROLLING is not counted as a stat but its our job darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If u like tixs,strike away but dont cry when your family gets some crappy tixs!

09-25-2007, 09:50 PM
wow kinna scary living in hialeah now

09-25-2007, 09:58 PM
one guy didn't make one arrest in 6 months. What kind of excuse can one possibly have for someone like that?

09-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Making arrests doesn't always mean the ofc is lazy.....we had one guy who hardly made arrests but handled three times more reports than the guy who made arrests...remember it works both ways, who is handling the calls and reports when your out there making arrests and tied up in dade co jail on lockdown....

09-25-2007, 11:13 PM
You got to be kidding me. Your boss is a wack job! Hearing whats going on in your town just make it more apparent that the grass is no greener anywhere else. Im glad wher im at. Im sorry you guys have to deal with this tyrant! Why doesnt he answer for his sons' behavior in the past?
Good luck to you guys and stay safe!

09-25-2007, 11:47 PM
The media mostly knows the Chief's side. Maybe we should e-mail the producer of this article (madayrodriguez@wsvn.com) and let her know the other side of the coin.
For example: If he is so concerned with crime why do they have us doing all these details like checking for city street lights being out, doing directed patrols to political figures when there are no active crimes occurring in their neighborhoods, doing use of forces that occupy lots of time for pre-existing injuries that we did not have any involvement in, having the sergeants write critical incidents for a city tree that was hit by a car or a pot hole in the street or is raining and thundering real hard or anything else that he might think is important. There are many other things that occupy our time that could be used for patrolling. Yes PATROLLING. I know they do not want patrol time on our worksheets but that is what we are. PATROLMAN & PATROLWOMAN.
He is a hypocrite. The only reason that he is being an ass is because the incident with his boy Serg Velas. I've had enough of him. Screw him!!

09-26-2007, 02:09 AM
wow kinna scary living in hialeah now

Hey put your address here,I need an arrest stat this week.I'm one below my quota. Don't worry I'll make up something good. :evil:

09-26-2007, 02:15 AM
I was left breathless. We are actually working for a Castro regime... This man is insane. We all need to get together and fight back. This man is no different than Fidel Castro that must be his idol. If you can get out of here do it as soon as possible. And for those who have completed there 20. DO IT and have a piece of mind.

09-26-2007, 02:16 AM
man im glad i left hialeah and moved out of that dump. to all my brothers still stuck i feel your pain all i can say is dont lose focus and dont let them make you something your not. dont let them take away your ethics and morals for a damn stat and dont strong arm good people. at the end of the night when you go to sleep knowing you did the right thing is all that matters.

09-26-2007, 03:01 AM
BAKER ACT THAT WACKO OR KICK HIS ASS OUT OF HIALEAH

09-26-2007, 03:51 AM
Break out the jacket and the padded room!!

09-26-2007, 03:58 AM
Man if that does not convince the new people to leave, nothing will.

09-26-2007, 04:50 AM
bolanos===== to a SEA DONKEY :evil: :evil:

09-26-2007, 10:59 PM
A few years ago a similar special was on the news. It had to do with ticket quotas. What happened after that? Nothing !

3 arrests per month. Thats a damn easy number to ask for. Stop arresting so many people guys. Three is acceptable.

09-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Good point! 3 is not that hard and will keep the baker happy! Oy vey.

09-27-2007, 12:20 AM
its not the point to keep him happy, the point is ounce they ask for a number what else will they ask for and will they keep bumping it up and will good guys get caught up and biggest thing is what kind of leader in any organization be it military, para military or political say he doesnt care about his people. let a military general say that about his troops or a congressman about his people....itas a SHAME WHAT THIS DEPARTMENT HAS BECOME

09-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Well,were are the other staff members? Why havent they backed us up? Do they feel the same about the troops?
The mayor of Hialeah should be ASHAMED of himself and the commissioners too.
The chief should be fired!!
Oh and of course good citizens will be arrested in order to get the QUOTA!

09-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Whats the big deal now? You guys have been giving him at least 30 arrest a year already. Can you say YEARLY EVAL (AVERAGE). Some of write alot more 55 (EXCELENT). Why protest now!! The numbers are fine, nothing wrong with them. Do the 15 every 6 months.. NO BIG DEAL... No you dont have to make up arrest. It's more work not to do the 30 arrest a year.

Let me tell you whats wrong!! The Chief saying once again that he doesn't care about us. It's great to know that the man that wants us to risk our lives everyday doesn't care about us. So if in his eyes I am a lazy no good officer that is what i'm going to be. Minimums Minimums Minimums Minimums Minimums. When the Sh-- hits the fan I will catch the bad guys, I will run a 4 to you guys if you need me and when I feel like it, I will hunt ( on my terms). Other then that Minimums Minimums Minimums. BE SAFE and KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE

09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
If you're shocked or suprised by Rolando's quotes then you haven't been here long. He's said stuff like that in the media before. Remember the ticket quota story with a certain SWAT officer interviewed in sillouette? He's told the media many times before that he doesn't care about our morale.

09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Good point! 3 is not that hard and will keep the baker happy! Oy vey.

this is why we will never be united...because of idiot posts like this....get the big picture, then come back to school little boy!

09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
They are right, the problem does not lie with having the 3 arrests per month average. It is the Chief's attitude and treatment towards his officers and the fact that this department is ran like a communist regime. Once his sons left here, he stopped caring altogether, not that he cared much in the first place.

09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
You have witnessed what the Chief thinks of you, so what are you going to do about it. Nothing, because unless at least 2 HUNDRED of us picket City Hall to get the Mayors attention, nothing will happen.

Lets be realistic, 200 of us will not picket, we just don't have the moxy to do so. So, below I have the solution.

LEAVE THIS DEPARTMENT, APPLY IN DROBES TO EVERY OTHER PLACE IN SOUTH FLORIDA THAT IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AND LEAVE.

IT WILL NOT GET BETTER!!!!

duke115
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
We over here feel your pain look at us we have a rafter Raul Martinez wanabe as Mayor who took our take homes away, a midget ACTING chief of police Van Toth whos a drunk that was fired from your dept and Medley PD for being drunk on duty and he was almost fired here for the same thing. A Captain Sardon who was never even a Sgt at your Dept his claim to fame was clicking officers off the radio arrested and suspended for months. One min he was against Raul the next he was kissing his behind. Oh let me not forget a cross eyed lying ACTING LT Fojo. OH Raul Martinez daughter works here also...We feel your pain.....

duke115
09-27-2007, 04:39 PM
We over here feel your pain look at us we have a rafter Raul Martinez wanabe as Mayor who took our take homes away, a midget ACTING chief of police Van Toth whos a drunk that was fired from your dept and Medley PD for being drunk on duty and he was almost fired here for the same thing. A Captain Sardon who was never even a Sgt at your Dept his claim to fame was clicking officers off the radio arrested and suspended for months. One min he was against Raul the next he was kissing his behind. Oh let me not forget a cross eyed lying ACTING LT Fojo. OH Raul Martinez daughter works here also...We feel your pain.....

09-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Take your medicine, Duke115. Please voice your grievances on your own message board in the future. We have enough problems wthout hearing from HGPD. You gave us Danny B, isn't that enough?

09-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Take your medicine, Duke115. Please voice your grievances on your own message board in the future. We have enough problems wthout hearing from HGPD. You gave us Danny B, isn't that enough?Your right we need to start our own forum I guess it was an even trade Danny B for Manny S both losers both criminals

09-28-2007, 01:05 AM
What does morale have to do with it? Why did he bring that up? Also how many arrests did he make? Or has he made?

09-28-2007, 01:06 AM
That memo doesn't have a clause in it that say's its for certain members of the PD.

09-28-2007, 01:08 AM
You guys keep on stating it's 3 arrests. But 3 arrests is the minimum for Sect 5 midnights. Every other sector and shift each have their own set of minimum arrest standards set by our coward of a Captain Bidart. Sect 4 afternoons is 80 arrests a year which amount to 6.6 arrest a month. Why didn't he speak about the 6.6 arrests standards for sect 4 afternoons? Contact the ACLU about this one because 3 isn't that bad at all compared to 6.6

09-28-2007, 04:59 AM
What does morale have to do with it? Why did he bring that up? Also how many arrests did he make? Or has he made?

None except DeVo.
Can you spell"Perjury"....
I forgot the perjury had no bearing on the outcome of the Bruise Boys case...
Lets see if the SAO would let any of you get away with perjury... :devil:

09-28-2007, 06:27 AM
There is one thing that is more valuable than take homes, new equipment, and better ED pay. The one thing which provides you with a good feeling when you come to work. I look around and nobody wants to be here, we are here because he have to be not because we desire it. Coming to work should not be painful nor depressing. You should not cringe at the thought of coming back to work on your Monday. High morale is what makes you feel good when you come to work. It inserts enjoyment into the profession we have chosen. I will always be proud of being a law enforcement officer but we all know the vast majority of us are not happy where we are employed. You cannot place a price on morale. Yes take homes, and all the other things I mentioned help ease the pain but I wouldn't choose them over the feeling on enjoyment when I am at work. Our Chief has failed us again when he expressed himself on camera. He does not care about us nor our demeanor when we are at work. I guess since he is a miserable person, he feels we should all share his pain. Bottom line, no unity, nothing will change. No one will fight this battle for us, we must do it ourselves.

09-28-2007, 02:34 PM
There will never be enough cops with balls to have a good protest. Maybe its time for some more bus bench adds. Those of you that been around a while know what I mean. Put 100s picture with his quote on all the available benches in Hialeah.

09-28-2007, 10:30 PM
WHAT I NOTICED WHEN I WAS THERE IS A BUNCH OF COMPLAINING A BUNCH OF RATS A BUNCH OF COMPANY MEN AND A BUNCH OF POLICE MEN NOT COPS! ESPECIALLY THE FEMALE OFFICERS MAN THEY ARE HORRIBLE IN HIALEAH AT LEST HERE YOU CAN AVOID THEM BUT IN H.P QUE METICHES! ESPECIALLY THE ONE IN SECTOR 4 WHAT A ZERO THAT THINKS SHES A HERO THATS WHY I LEFT AND THATS WHY YOU SEE MY RIDING IN MY TAKE HOME DOWN 12 AVE EVRYDAY, TO ALL THE COPS IN HIALEAH GET OUTTA THERE THAT PLACE ISNT GONNA GET BETTER

09-29-2007, 05:45 PM
that whole sector is full of zeros! i worked there a couple of bids ago wow que mierda! i know what females youre talking about pero i know 2 of them que son comepinguses but the males are just as bad i will never work sector 4 again!

09-30-2007, 08:47 PM
We are the product of 100. Officers trained by unexperienced officers. Please do not be so quick to judge. Some are trying, but it is hard to do what you have never been taught. Also what "real Police" work is not being passed down from 8 to 10 year vet FTO's to rookies. See the problem. My FTO's had 8, 10 and 5 years on. Find that today! We are the product of bad leadership. A lot of potential, but unfilled due to the bad organization we are in. Oh by the way the Moral issue does not help matters.

Good luck getting more than 20 people to protest. Everyone talks but when its time excuses, excuses, excuses. When IA takes your picture protesting good luck!!

09-30-2007, 11:54 PM
I agree Tito they complain all the time,but I have not seen 200 PO out there in front of City Hall. Come on guys you all have to do something about it. Nobody is going to fight our battles.

10-01-2007, 01:51 AM
I agree Tito they complain all the time,but I have not seen 200 PO out there in front of City Hall. Come on guys you all have to do something about it. Nobody is going to fight our battles.

Never happen.
To many PUSS Y's.. :oops:

10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
LOS TENGO TODO PISAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil:

:evil:

10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
http://www.poracldf.com/articles/june%201%201999.html

10-01-2007, 11:15 PM
While the section pertains only to the mentioned state agencies, its principle may be applicable to municipal officers too? Check with the PBA lawyers.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?
pp_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0316/SEC640.HTM&Title=->2007->Ch0316->Section%20640#0316.640

10-02-2007, 01:22 AM

This is great,but this is not California.
The Florida statute pertains only to state agencies. :cry:

10-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Who cares where it happened. It pertains to what we are currently going through. Thanks for posting that.

10-02-2007, 02:38 AM

This is great, but this is not California.
The Florida statute pertains only to state agencies. :cry:

Look at the situation from a "half full" perspective! What matters is that a disciplinary board, albeit in California, ruled against quotas. As to the cited FS section being applicable to state LE agencies only -- TRUE -- but that is not why it was posted. The objective was to show that within state statutes, there is reference to banning quotas. The argument being, the state deems quotas as unprofessional and counterproductive to principled law enforcement. Shouldn't that apply to county and municipal policing too?

10-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Sorry but u r wrong my friend! It is also against Fla. state statues to have quotas and the PBA should respond with charges and ethics committee.
We need to get the sgt.'s and above under these charges too cause they r pushing for it,read:

Not a no# wrote:
Hialeah P.D. is not the only one with a quota,we have them too at ALL 3 stations. The main cmdrs with these quotas are,S.,Alphonso,C,Soccorro,N,Whitehead but is not limited to just them.
Read what I found in Hialeahs attempt for freedom:

While the section pertains only to the mentioned state agencies, its principle may be applicable to municipal officers too? Check with the PBA lawyers.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?
pp_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0316/SEC640.HTM&Title=->2007->Ch0316->Section%20640#0316.640e

Specifically FSS 316.640, 2, See below:

2. An agency of the state as described in subparagraph 1. is prohibited from establishing a traffic citation quota. A violation of this subparagraph is not subject to the penalties provided in chapter 318.

MPD BROTHER

10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
You my friend are an idiot. There are no quotas in Hialeah. Only Performance standards. Find me one piece of discipline that states the officer did not due a specific number of citations or arrests! Find just one and I will pay you $1,000 cash. The discipline says you are not performing to the standards of your shift or squad or something to that fact. So thank your zone partners for doing you in. So try and sue me you coc^Less ******* and go protest is you dare!!!

10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
[quote="Justice For All (maybe)"]You my friend are an idiot. There are no quotas in Hialeah. Only Performance standards.

When one asserts there are no quotas in Hialeah; only performance standards, one most be referring to standards such as the one cited below:

Job Knowledge:

Judgement:

Initiative:

Dependability:

Demeanor:

Attitude:

Relations with others:

Communications:

Except for initiative, which pertains to individual personal performance conducted without either direct supervision or commands, the other standards address what being a police officer is all about. No matter how one writes it, directing or commanding three (3) arrests per months per officer is a quota!

Supervisors and command officers must endeavor to provide the resources, tools and leadership needed so officers might engage their law enforcement skills consistent with the letter and spirit of applicable laws. As an old sergeant once told me: "We have no quotas, you can arrest and cite as many violators as physically possible, so long as you handle those calls for service!"

10-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Its not (IS YOU DARE...) It's (IF YOU DARE)

10-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Why are we complaining? Like I said earlier, we cannot even write properly. Is not statues, IT IS STATUTES. Statues are three-dimensional figures. Be happy that you have a job.

10-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Why are we complaining? Like I said earlier, we cannot even write properly. Is not statues, IT IS STATUTES. Statues are three-dimensional figures. Be happy that you have a job.

you want some cheese u stink like the sewer from where you crawled out of

10-29-2007, 11:52 PM
that time of the month again help your buddies out dont f them if u get a 39 help someone who needs it dont be a whore

10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Read the whole statute and you will realize that quotas are not illegal as long the department has a written rule when it comes to performance standard and the union agrees with it. Which all state agencies due have a listed number for quotas in their union contract. Read the FHP contract and you will see that is has a set number that needs to be met. Read 316.640(II)3.

2. An agency of the state as described in subparagraph 1. is prohibited from establishing a traffic citation quota. A violation of this subparagraph is not subject to the penalties provided in chapter 318.

3. Any disciplinary action taken or performance evaluation conducted by an agency of the state as described in subparagraph 1. of a law enforcement officer\'s traffic enforcement activity must be in accordance with written work-performance standards. Such standards must be approved by the agency and any collective bargaining unit representing such law enforcement officer. A violation of this subparagraph is not subject to the penalties provided in chapter 318.

11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Has this been recinded yet?

11-21-2007, 01:37 AM
NOT ANYMORE!!