PDA

View Full Version : Why are we still here?

09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Look how many departments are hiring certified officers and they all have great benefits to include a take home car.

-City of Miami
-Miami Beach
-MDPD
-North Miami
-Miami Gardens
-Davie
-Hollywood
-Ft. Lauderdale
-BSO
-Margate
-Sunrise

And they will give you a take home car after probation and some after FTO. Their retirement is better than ours. You will start with more money in you take home pay, which is what counts, what you can bring to your family. If you have a degree, they will love you. If you have experience, they will love you.

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE? Police work is police work, anywhere you go. So why are still here, working under harsh conditions.

-No take home vehicle (equals to less money yearly).
-Authoritarian leadership, if any leadership.
-A chief that follows Fidel Castro's philosophy.
-A Mayor that will not take care of you.
-City commissioners that dislike you.
-No police equipment.
-BS SOP's.
-Immature officers that will shoot you by accident.
-Lack of training.
-Lack of vehicles.
-No cohesion between officers.

So with many department fighting for new officers, why are we still here? That is the question of the week. I assume that those that stay is because they like it here, so if you like it so much then you would not be posting negative things on this forum. But you all do and still choose to take the harsh environment.

I say we all leave at once so the county takes over Hialeah. Everyone should put in an application at another department by the end of the month. Right, is like the wife that cheats on you and you still stay with her. Affraid of changes or rejection. I do not know what it is.

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?

09-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Many have well over 10 years and it does not benefit them to leave and do another 20.

09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
many of the under 4 year guys have apps. in other departments , you just cant say anything in our department third floor is always watching and they have moles everywhere. but many rooks are on the way out

09-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Good for them. :D

Screw this frickin place. :devil:

09-25-2007, 01:56 AM
If you look at it another way....10 to 15 years at 3% a year is 30 to 45% of your pay at 55 years of age...for life. If you are in your 30's when you leave, say 35 as a round number. Going to a dept. with a 20 year retirement would put you at 55 when you retire from the new department and you would collect both pensions. In addition, the annuity and state money from Hialeah would cushion any short term shortfall from losing an extra duty job.
In the long term you would be much better off leaving even if you have more than 10 years on. It was bad enough when I was there, I can't imagine how bad it is now that the lunatics are running the asylum.

09-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Boy after watching your Chief on WSVN Channel 7 today saying, "I don't care about the officers and morale".. I can only say he is an idiot... I thought we had a nazi for a sheriff but you guys have fidels twin brother. Guys bail out of there.. Now that our own dictator is off to prison we have a real top cop for sheriff. Apply here at our agency. Tri county take home cars. It will not even cost you gas. You will probably get a raise and not worry about micro managing like what you are going thru. I am not saying it's greener on the other side but to say what he said in that interview today.. I feel bad for you guys.. Bail while you can... How do you guys say it, what a pinga head he is :x

09-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Don't care about the moral and what his Officers think.....what an Idiot... You guys need to get your Chief one of those Cuban warm-up suits that Fidel Castro wears....... :evil:

09-25-2007, 03:05 AM
sorry, I meant morale

11-21-2007, 12:45 AM
GIVE ME MORE MONEY...KEEP THE CAR!

11-21-2007, 01:00 AM
:roll: