PDA

View Full Version : MDPD Memorial

09-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Is it true that our majesty embarrassed us at the memorial?

09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Yes sir, we were command to stand up,and walk out of the ceremony only half way through. Everyone was looking at us like, where is Hialeah going? Mind you, we were sitting on wooden bleachers, and when we were walking out, lot of noise and commotion was made. All because the mayor wanted publicity, so he got it.

09-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Why isn't this in the newspapers?

09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Why did he want you to walk out?

09-27-2007, 09:36 PM
We were forced to walk out of the ceremony because of a detail. We had to park the HPD marked units on the turnpike on the S/B lane from SW 8th St to Bird Rd on the East and West shoulders of the turnpike. Two HPD marked were parked parallel to one another every 1/10 of a mile,and the funeral precession passed in between them.

09-27-2007, 10:01 PM
It was totally unneccessary for us to leave that early. Miami PD had the next section South from us on the Turnpike and they left after the memorial was over. There was a 10-15 min dealy that gave them plenty of time to get there and set up.

It could have been handled sooooo differently. If the commander (appeiD) had known that we were going to leave early, then why not have HPD stand along the upstairs railing instead of taking seats from MANY other officers who HAD to stand because of lack of space. We made so much noise leaving it was down right disrespectful.

I'll never forget the 1st 3 rows (Officer's wife/family) looking up right at us because so much noise was being made. Never have I been so ashamed of the patches on my uniform. I got so many calls that afternoon from other agencies asking if we were protesting the ceremony or something! Again, a very classless move on our part (or better yet, on the command staff for ordering us to do this).

BTW-INteresting that we were selected for this detail....We never joined the procession AND werent able to make it to the cementary because 'it was full'. Im sure that MDPD told us that to avoid more interruptions and keep HPD's 'unruly officers' from disrupting the burial.