PDA

View Full Version : Next leader

09-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree that we have very little leadership from Captain up. So let me ask, who is going to step up to be our next leader? I think it has to be a current Sergeant or someone who will become a Sergeant on the next test. I have some thoughts, but will wait to hear from some of you.

Who has what it takes to step up and be a leader, and what does it take to be that person?

09-22-2007, 07:14 PM
you must be kidding. every time i come to this site i am reminded of how pointless it is. it is becoming less interesting and more boring all the time. and that whole "venting" thing, well, it's still boring. even when the posts are interesting, it's still pointless. and if you are going to argue my point, please first tell me what has changed since we got on here. i'll answer that. nothing.

09-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Thats not really true Zen. I agree that when one of the brass leaves nothing really changes, only that another AH left. But there has been people here who have been leaders since Ive been here. K Hall, Segarra, B Hall, Hemingway, M Pazienza, Gort, Vaughn, Birk, Barry. Each of them have made changes that were good or at least had the balls to stand up for what is right.

I think that Shimpeno, Morales, and even Arcuri as new Sgts have the best probablity of filling those roles. And Forseth and Burgs of guys sitting on the list. I would like to see Desilva and D Soubasis take the test.

I think it is all about doing the right thing and taking care of the guys on your squad.

09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Dave, go back to doing your shutters.

09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Nikki will be great. Give her some more time. Wait and see.

09-23-2007, 10:37 PM
OK ....enough already, Nikki !!! I think i'm gonna puke !!!

09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Dave, go back to doing your shutters.

Just make sure you get the appropriate permits Dave. Don't want to have a little mess like you did at J.P. Mulligans now do we?

09-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Thats not really true Zen. I agree that when one of the brass leaves nothing really changes, only that another AH left. But there has been people here who have been leaders since Ive been here. K Hall, Segarra, B Hall, Hemingway, M Pazienza, Gort, Vaughn, Birk, Barry. Each of them have made changes that were good or at least had the balls to stand up for what is right.

I think that Shimpeno, Morales, and even Arcuri as new Sgts have the best probablity of filling those roles. And Forseth and Burgs of guys sitting on the list. I would like to see Desilva and D Soubasis take the test.

I think it is all about doing the right thing and taking care of the guys on your squad.

Half of the above listed "leaders" have now fallen asleep at the wheel. I do agree with almost all mentioned as some of the top leaders in this agency. We need them back and we need them back YESTERDAY. If the current captins are any indication of what this agency will be like in five years, we are all in big trouble.

09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Word is this might be our next leader:

http://wn.wsvn.com/global/video/popup/p ... d=92197929 (http://wn.wsvn.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1779466&h1=7%20News%20Investigation%20-%20%20Hialeah%20Arrests&vt1=v&at1=News%20-%20Special%20Coverage&d1=225900&LaunchPageAdTag=News%20-%20Special%20Coverage&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www1.wsvn.com/features/articles/investigations/MI62602&rnd=92197929)

Man I feel for those Hialeah guys

09-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Word is this might be our next leader:

Man I feel for those Hialeah guys

This guy is unbelievable. He told the reporter on camera that he doesn't care about his officers' morale.

09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
This guy is an idiot! Aren't his son's in jail for "policing" Hialeah? Dont let Cpt Dan see this, we will be in the same boat with these poor Hialeah saps.

09-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't think for a second that if Dan had a chance to get his face on TV he wouldn't say exactly what this AH said. If he thinks it will make him look good to his superiors, Dan would sell his mom. And that is what we all have to look forward to for the next ten years.

09-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Don't think for a second that if Dan had a chance to get his face on TV he wouldn't say exactly what this AH said. If he thinks it will make him look good to his superiors, Dan would sell his mom. And that is what we all have to look forward to for the next ten years.

It's all he has left to sell. He sold his soul years ago.

09-26-2007, 08:41 PM
No, he has plenty of ego left. Just ask him, he is happy to tell you.

09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
A lot of you out there are not gonna like what I have to say, but this guy is kind of right. You need to have some type expected productivity level from all Officers. If you don't, then the guys/gals with no intention to work will just continue being the mobile secretary. That is unless you know how to skate around the calls like so many of us have mastered. What is this guy asking his officers to do? He's asking them to do their jobs which they've been paid to do. I'm not saying we have to all be like the two east side charlie shifters, or that you have to run radar in the same spot your entire shift night after night. There's no way you could be expected to write over 100 tickets a month, or make four seperate arrests a night and still be expected to take all the delayed reports in your areas. All of us know how they go about it and why they do it.$$
On the flip side of that coin though, we all know who the skaters are and their methods of avoiding calls. They just show up to work and collect a paycheck. They're the ones that will take a signal 12 call (which are in Miami by the time we get the call) and stay on it until a 49 comes in, and so on and so forth. This is picking and choosing your calls so you don't have to do any paper. Then on top of this they have their 40, a 10, personal, and a workout. Some of these guys you'll never see after lineup.
These are the type of Officers that this guy's comments are directed at. I don't think he's trying to create Officers without compassion or discretion. I think he's just trying to get his lazy officers a kickstart. If we knew who made some of the negative comments about what Bolanos is trying to do, we'd probably be saying to ourselves "that figures". Before you offer your thoughts and rebuttals, think to yourself. What exactly have you done for this department? Do you think you're a superstar cop when no one else really does?

09-27-2007, 01:05 AM
"On the flip side of that coin though, we all know who the skaters are and their methods of avoiding calls. They just show up to work and collect a paycheck. They're the ones that will take a signal 12 call (which are in Miami by the time we get the call) and stay on it until a 49 comes in, and so on and so forth. This is picking and choosing your calls so you don't have to do any paper. Then on top of this they have their 40, a 10, personal, and a workout. Some of these guys you'll never see after lineup."

Good post, good points.

If ALL the Sgt's would listen to the radio and monitor CAD, this wouldn't be an issue. Some of them do, and question Dispatch like they should. Some couldn't care less and it shows.

09-27-2007, 02:06 AM
A lot of you out there are not gonna like what I have to say, but this guy is kind of right. You need to have some type expected productivity level from all Officers. If you don't, then the guys/gals with no intention to work will just continue being the mobile secretary. That is unless you know how to skate around the calls like so many of us have mastered. What is this guy asking his officers to do? He's asking them to do their jobs which they've been paid to do. I'm not saying we have to all be like the two east side charlie shifters, or that you have to run radar in the same spot your entire shift night after night. There's no way you could be expected to write over 100 tickets a month, or make four seperate arrests a night and still be expected to take all the delayed reports in your areas. All of us know how they go about it and why they do it.$$
On the flip side of that coin though, we all know who the skaters are and their methods of avoiding calls. They just show up to work and collect a paycheck. They're the ones that will take a signal 12 call (which are in Miami by the time we get the call) and stay on it until a 49 comes in, and so on and so forth. This is picking and choosing your calls so you don't have to do any paper. Then on top of this they have their 40, a 10, personal, and a workout. Some of these guys you'll never see after lineup.
These are the type of Officers that this guy's comments are directed at. I don't think he's trying to create Officers without compassion or discretion. I think he's just trying to get his lazy officers a kickstart. If we knew who made some of the negative comments about what Bolanos is trying to do, we'd probably be saying to ourselves "that figures". Before you offer your thoughts and rebuttals, think to yourself. What exactly have you done for this department? Do you think you're a superstar cop when no one else really does?
I also have to partially agree with the chief. He could have said what he said without mentioning how he doesnt care about the officers and come out on top.

09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Of course we are expected to be productive when we are at work. That is true in any place of employment. But this guy is cold and heartless. Show me where it says in any leadership/management book, that you should go on television and tell the general public that you have lazy employees, and you don't care about your employees' morale.

He clearly has no interest in being a leader. He wants to be an iron fisted dictator.

I have heard numerous negative comments about him from people that know him personally (Hialeah officers and even one of his family members), and this video clip only confirms what I have heard.

09-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I know for a fact Hialeah does have some good officers, but that's only the ones I have seen. Just like any other agency they probably still have their good for nothing skaters. Maybe more so than us, maybe not. I can't speak from his shoes.

09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
c'mon, the same thing happens in Pines... only it is in the form of monthly meetings and with power-point presentations. Think about it.

09-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Its called Rakotrak. Get it right!

09-28-2007, 02:51 AM
Its called Rakotrak. Get it right!

Named after who? lolllllllll

09-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys for your comments in regards to our chief. We're really hating life over here and I hope that we lose our best officers to your dept and others. We have many hard working officers who live in your city and I'm sure would be an asset to your dept. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

09-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys for your comments in regards to our chief. We're really hating life over here and I hope that we lose our best officers to your dept and others. We have many hard working officers who live in your city and I'm sure would be an asset to your dept. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Yeah, but we're on a hiring freeze so good luck elsewhere. And by the way, since Carpenter jammed it in our ass I doubt any other Hialeah prospects will be looked at for quite some time, but Thanks for Garcia, he's great.

09-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Carpenter was never a "prospect". He was a 0 in our dept and you guys picked him up knowing that he was a problem child. Your dept conducted a terrible background on him which makes me realize that the only reason he was picked was because of his white race. Word was that your dept was too "soft" that is why he left.

09-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Carpenter was never a "prospect". He was a 0 in our dept and you guys picked him up knowing that he was a problem child. Your dept conducted a terrible background on him which makes me realize that the only reason he was picked was because of his white race. Word was that your dept was too "soft" that is why he left.

Being white isn't a crime, and the fact that you dropped the race card so quickly tells us all you had nothing to really complain about. He followed the $$$, plain and simple. And drop the macho crap or plan on sharing a cell with Bolanos' kid. You dumbarses never learn.

10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
the problem with carpenter is that he wanted to act as if he was a 20+ year old veteran. He is incredibly arrogant, and thinks that he is the best gift to law enforcement. Just wait until he finds himself being the only white tooth inside the dark mouth of miami gardens. I can see him re-applying with hialeah. And as far as Pines being too soft... it's only the administration. I would say a good part of our officers are 10-8 (or at least that's what CAD tells me).