PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland Manager, Attorney Get Raises

AFOR
09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Lakeland Manager, Attorney Get RaisesBy Diane Lacey Allen
The Ledger

LAKELAND | After receiving glowing reviews from the Lakeland City Commission, City Manager Doug Thomas and City Attorney Tim McCausland will get a 2.5 percent cost of living raise and a 2.5 percent merit increase.

That brings Thomas up to $180,464 and McCausland to $166,377 when their raises become effective Oct. 1. Thomas will be the second-highest paid Polk official behind School Superintendent Gail McKinzie.

I know we have all asked ourselves the same questions:
How was Doug Thomas going to make ends meet...was he going to need another city sponsored interest free loan...has he ever made any payments on the original loan...does he need money out of my pocket...what can I do to help the man who constantly denies that LPD needs more money and manpower?

Fear not, fellow city workers. Somehow, in spite of fuel costs, damaged power stations and tax cuts, Mr Thomas is going to be just fine. So put your bologna back on your sandwich, have your cable tv turned back on, go ahead and make this month's house payment. Dry your eyes fellow workers, it looks like he is going to be just fine. It also doesn't hurt that he has a contract that says after five years of employment he retires with full pay and benefits. I know I feel better now.

09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL THE CITY WORKERS WHO ARE DENIED TRAINING, VEHICLES, SUPPLIES ETC. BECAUSE THE CITY DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY.

JUST RECENTLY THE CITY WANTED TO CUT THE LPD HELICOPTER AND THE DARE AND PAL PROGRAMS..........

MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME TO CUT FUNDS FOR PUBLIC SAFETY SO THE CITY MANAGER CAN BUY A BIGGER HOUSE OR A NICER CAR......

WHAT IS THIS CITY THINKING?

09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
It sure is nice to get a pay increase over four years resulting in a 29% increase! How did Mr Hawthorne get hired with such a background that is readily available? What a liability! How can the city commissioners face its employees and tell them that the pay plan that they paid for will only be implemented over several years while its top leaders, (supposedly leaders) take such big raises? How can they face their employees while putting out nice printed fliers stating "lead by example"! They are only concerned with themselves and what they can do to better their pocket books and retirement at the cost of the rest of us and the city. It is time that we all find the dirt, bring it to the press, push the issues and make them public. As the front line to the city, they have no fear from us because we have always taken care of business. However it is time that we do what we always have done, but start gettting vocal in the public forum. Tell your friends, business associates, and your local politicians what is really going on.