PDA

View Full Version : best and worst supersivors? post your picks

09-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Who do you think is the best supervisor and the worst? let us know, this includes anyone form the chief to sargeants... post them

09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I think Lt. Cochran is the best Supervisor we have, he should be the next Captain!!!

09-21-2007, 01:39 PM
I think Lt. Cochran is the best Supervisor we have, he should be the next Captain!!!

you got issues!

09-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Bobby is the the best SGT

09-22-2007, 09:53 AM
bobby for president... lol

10-06-2007, 02:16 AM

Nice post mike

10-08-2007, 07:44 PM

you got issues!Lt. Cochran is responsible for many of the resources we have. Who do you think initiated the forfeiture program for our department. Lt. Cochran continues to get us things whenever he can. He steps up for all of us by trying to get a special police tax added to the city tax roll. Lt. Cochran is also fair accross the board when it comes to enforcing policy.

10-20-2007, 10:32 AM
BOBBY IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST LINE SUPERVISOR YOU GUYS HAVE. MIKE COCHRAN IS A NICE GUY TO TALK TO OUTSIDE OF WORK, BUT HAS NO LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERIENCE. HE'S NEVER REALLY "WORKED" THE ROAD, THOUGH HE'S RACKED UP A GOOD LIST OF CLASSES FOR SALARY INCENTIVE. HE CHASED COWS IN THE CAROLINAS, THEN CAME TO LAUDERHILL IN '94 AND WAS NEVER ON THE ROAD. :idea:

10-21-2007, 02:50 PM
BOBBY IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST LINE SUPERVISOR YOU GUYS HAVE. MIKE COCHRAN IS A NICE GUY TO TALK TO OUTSIDE OF WORK, BUT HAS NO LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERIENCE. HE'S NEVER REALLY "WORKED" THE ROAD, THOUGH HE'S RACKED UP A GOOD LIST OF CLASSES FOR SALARY INCENTIVE. HE CHASED COWS IN THE CAROLINAS, THEN CAME TO LAUDERHILL IN '94 AND WAS NEVER ON THE ROAD. :idea:

Guest754, You are DEAD WRONG about Mike Cochran. I've worked side by side with Mike Cochran and Bobby Epstein in the Hill on tha road dated back in 1994. Mike is much different than Bobby and you are right Bobby is much better in People-Person than Mike. Mike is much more academic minded, but other than that Bobby is much more relax and well liked by all (officers and civilians). Mike is a very good officer and very knowledgeable about police work.

10-22-2007, 04:42 AM
I THINK THE MEASURE OF A GOOD SGT IS HOW WELL THEY TAKE CARE OF THEIR OFFICERS, NOT THEMSELF.

10-29-2007, 03:23 AM
I think Sgt Solowsky is a great supervisor!! Anyone else?!?

10-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I think Sgt Solowsky is a great supervisor!! Anyone else?!?Why are you going to start it?

10-29-2007, 08:56 PM
You don't think he's a good supervisor?!? Why not?

10-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Let me save everybody the trouble of reading the next 37 posting.....Some people think he's great, some people think he's a ****. But GOD some of us are tired of reading his name ALL over this blog.

Isnt there anybody else????

10-30-2007, 01:41 AM
That last post should read "Some people think he's great...some poeple think he's an a@#ho*^."

10-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Bigwood.....or Concillo...or Rocco

10-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, you're right...he's not that great so we'll move onto someone more note-able!!

11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Lt. Tundra King.......u go girl!!! She is definately one of the best we got.

Save Me From South Fla.
11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Sgt Butkus and Sgt Gordon is the best.

11-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Lt. Tundra King.......u go girl!!! She is definately one of the best we got.

And what a HOTTIE

11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Ohhh, looks like sombody ended up in his office and is now mad....Butkus is easily one of the best cops in this county and he wouldnt hide behind the anonymous name and talk crap on an internet site.

Funny to see that you are using 2 names to make it appear as if multiple people relate to you. You dont get it.

11-28-2007, 02:23 AM
I have known Mike for a while. Mike is very personable and approachable for anything you need. I like him because he is sweet and caring especially toward victims.
I like Mike's style of leadership. He starts by creating a strong bond between himself and his officers. He offers them praise when they do good despite any differences he may have with them.
With Mike there is no individuals only one team. If I may reiterate, Mike is very nice and sensative to people's needs. Mike is also very respectful with regards to our city's diverse culture.
I shed a tear once when I watched Mike talk to a domestic violence victim with his special compassionate style. It was her 3rd time calling on her husband after having him arrested and taking him back again 2 previous times. Mike made her feel better and it was heart warming to say the least.
Mike should teach officers to be more like him. I love you Mike.

11-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Sgt Berk is awesome!!! I love his farts.

11-28-2007, 02:33 AM
I have known Mike for a while. Mike is very personable and approachable for anything you need. I like him because he is sweet and caring especially toward victims.
I like Mike's style of leadership. He starts by creating a strong bond between himself and his officers. He offers them praise when they do good despite any differences he may have with them.
With Mike there is no individuals only one team. If I may reiterate, Mike is very nice and sensative to people's needs. Mike is also very respectful with regards to our city's diverse culture.
I shed a tear once when I watched Mike talk to a domestic violence victim with his special compassionate style. It was her 3rd time calling on her husband after having him arrested and taking him back again 2 previous times. Mike made her feel better and it was heart warming to say the least.

Do I smell sarcasim?

11-30-2007, 11:23 PM

Do I smell sarcasim?No, really he is so kind and gentle. He is very respected by his subordinates because of his willingness to aide them and impart his vast law enforcement knowledge upon them. I can see him going into any specialized unit he wants in the very near future. He is just a joy to work with. He always seeks me out to say good morning and ask about my day. (sigh) You can tell he has been working out too. I would not work any other shift.

12-30-2007, 03:19 AM

Guest754, You are DEAD WRONG about Mike Cochran. I've worked side by side with Mike Cochran and Bobby Epstein in the Hill on tha road dated back in 1994. Mike is much different than Bobby and you are right Bobby is much better in People-Person than Mike. Mike is much more academic minded, but other than that Bobby is much more relax and well liked by all (officers and civilians). Mike is a very good officer and very knowledgeable about police work.

You are comparing apples to oranges as far as supervisory skills!!! Although you are correct as far as Mike being more academically inclined as far as police work goes...unfortunately his people skills have always left alot to be desired...he's only trying to obtain his goal of being a City Manager. Bobby is only more laid back because he REALLY doesn't give a s**t about anything including his job...retirement is his only goal (this isn't such a bad thing either)...Love Ya Bobby, only wish I was as close to retirement as you (however I still have the same mentality)

01-04-2008, 03:28 AM
Hold on there Lady Cop; Don't presume to get in my head. I care deeply about this agency and am extremely proud of all the Officers that bust their butts every day for the meager salary they are paid. Just because I am a little laid back, does not mean that I don't care. I want this agency to become the pre-eminent agency in the County because I, along with all the other old codgers, remember how crappy it was in the past. We have come a long way from Saturns and trading badges and radios with the guys coming off shift because there were not enough to go around. Granted, there is a road in front of us and the pay for the Officers needs to be commensurate with surrounding agencies. I take great pride in seeing new Officers progress and develop into fine Officers that any agency would love to get thier hands on. Please don't thisnk that the laid back attitude comes from not caring about anything except retirement.

01-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Hold on there Lady Cop; Don't presume to get in my head. I care deeply about this agency and am extremely proud of all the Officers that bust their butts every day for the meager salary they are paid. Just because I am a little laid back, does not mean that I don't care. I want this agency to become the pre-eminent agency in the County because I, along with all the other old codgers, remember how crappy it was in the past. We have come a long way from Saturns and trading badges and radios with the guys coming off shift because there were not enough to go around. Granted, there is a road in front of us and the pay for the Officers needs to be commensurate with surrounding agencies. I take great pride in seeing new Officers progress and develop into fine Officers that any agency would love to get thier hands on. Please don't thisnk that the laid back attitude comes from not caring about anything except retirement.

EXTREMELY WELL PUT SARGE, WE KNOW THAT YOU TRULY CARE FOR US AND FOR THE AGENCY. WE EXPECT A LAID BACK ATTITUDE FROM YOU; YOU STARTED 20 YRS AGO......

JUST DONT LEAVE US LIKE THE REST, UR ONE OF THE FEW GOOD BOSSES AROUND HERE!

01-06-2008, 07:11 PM

You the man Sgt!!!!!!!!!

01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Bobby is one of the few sergeants that actaully cares about his cops thus the reason why the same group of cops work under him year after year.

02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I would say Bobby Epstein is a great supervisor, good people person, and excellent with his men, hes a cops cops! I would have to say Santiago is a good supervisor as well. Chris carroll will be a good supervisor to.

02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I think that was sarcasm. But funny

02-22-2008, 05:08 PM
It's Lieutenant you fool. Chicks dont dig guys who ride the short bs and wear a helmet. That may be your problem.

02-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I think A.W. is the best supervisor. He knows just what to do on scene and how to move his squad around. Just look at 441 Apartments.

I think he will be a great Lt

I was one of the detectives working that night and was actually on the air when the call was dispatched so i listened to it from the start. We said on scene that this was one of the better crimescenes for several reasons.

The radio wasnt crazy and all of the proper information was relayed. Adam took charge of his scene being that he was primary and made sure the scene was secured with officers, a log was started and witnesses were sperated in patrol cars.

When we got there, he had all of the information ready for us and everything was under control; a rarity.

Thanks to the proper handling of this scene, the scene was cleared within 4 hours of the dispatch time.

BSO Crimescene had nothing bad to say nor did we.

Excellent job to the alpha one squad.

02-23-2008, 04:26 AM
I was there too. Went very smoothly.

Good job a1