PDA

View Full Version : Fort Lauderdale Police Looking to Hire Qualified NYC Ofc's

09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
City of Fort Lauderdale
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS

ANNUAL SALARY - $42,868.80 - $63,897.60

Non-Certified Officers Pay Range $42,868.80 - $63,897.60
In the Police Academy $1,648.80 Bi-weekly, plus overtime

Top pay is based on the FOP negotiated 2004 – 2007 contract and may be reached within 6 years of service

Certified Officers Pay Range $45,032.00 - $63,897.60
1 to 2.9 years of fulltime experience $48,734.40
3 to 4.9 years of fulltime experience $52,540.80
5 or more years of fulltime experience $56,284.80

BENEFITS
• 67.6% Pension @ 20 years to a maximum of 81% @ 23.9 years
• (5year DROP PLAN)
• Up to 5 weeks vacation
• Tuition reimbursement of up to 100% of the State tuition rate
• No state of local employment taxes
• Excellent health, vision & dental plan
• 17 days paid military leave
• Paternity/Maternity leave
• Personally assigned vehicle
• Civil Service Protection
• Full pay in the academy
• Educational incentives
• In house fitness center
• Union representation
• Shift differential

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• U.S. citizen at the time of application
• Be at least 19 years of age upon appointment (no maximum age)
• Be of good moral character
• No felony convictions or misdemeanors involving perjury or domestic violence
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Education

This advertisement is not intended to replaced or supersede the official City of Fort Lauderdale Police Officer/ Certified Police Officer job announcement. Please obtain this document to obtain a complete list of minimum qualifications, benefits and salary.

For additional information you may contact us at:
www.flpd.org (http://www.flpd.org) recruiter@fortlauderdale.gov (954) 828-FLPD recruiter@fortlauderdale.gov

The City of Fort Lauderdale is an equal opportunity employer.

07-01-2008, 09:35 PM
All you got to do now is to find a "Qualified NYPD Officer" that is not under indictment

07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
All you got to do now is to find a "Qualified NYPD Officer" that is not under indictment
F/U...

07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Don't do it. I went to FLA for like a year and had to beg to get back to NYPD. I never thought the Bronx would look better then Florida, but as bad as we got it here, that place sucks.

07-18-2008, 02:31 AM
It is really good down here but to enjoy it you need a second income. The housing here is through the roof and if you think NYC has liberals watch out this place hatches them. For the most part if you retire or get 3/4 from NYPD and find employment here you could live mighty fine. Other than that there are places down here that is nothing but Bed-Stuy with Palm trees.

10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I worked NYPD for 12 years and am now a Deputy sheriff here in Fla and I miss the NYPD every time I come to work. As for Ft lauderdale everything like most dep here in Fla is micro managed ex: if you go over 75 mph in your marked unit you are in trouble you have to report in on your computer every 30 min. as for vacation you get like a few hours a week and you have to build it up over time As for sick time you get one sick day a month or 10 a year and god forbid you use more then 3 a year your in trouble and you better not call in sick at the end or begining of your swing because you will be getting a verbal from the LT. And their is no such thing as banging in so forget that...Please take the advice of someone who thought the grass was greener in Fla. its not STAY IN THE NYPD!!!!!

05-12-2009, 03:01 AM
I worked NYPD for 12 years and am now a Deputy sheriff here in Fla and I miss the NYPD every time I come to work. As for Ft lauderdale everything like most dep here in Fla is micro managed ex: if you go over 75 mph in your marked unit you are in trouble you have to report in on your computer every 30 min. as for vacation you get like a few hours a week and you have to build it up over time As for sick time you get one sick day a month or 10 a year and god forbid you use more then 3 a year your in trouble and you better not call in sick at the end or begining of your swing because you will be getting a verbal from the LT. And their is no such thing as banging in so forget that...Please take the advice of someone who thought the grass was greener in Fla. its not STAY IN THE NYPD!!!!!

Is this R.D. from D/14 ??