PDA

View Full Version : Senior Agents/Supervisors

09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
This message is actually about Betty Addazzio and the few senior folks left at "beverage". As much as I would love to leave my name, I know it is not in my best interest, so I won't(sorry Betty).

I am a northern agent, and I have been here for about 6 years. I realize not everyone likes her, but it will be a sad day to see agents of her experience retire. She knows what "beverage" is about and what it means to be an agent. There are only a handful out there like her and they will be going soon as well. This actually makes me sad, because once people like her are gone, then our knowledge base is gone.

People didn't like Brad Nelson and some might say he was a little "nervous" at times, but it was sad to see him go too. He too knew "beverage" and was also a wealth of knowledge. We need people like him to stick around. Guys like John Blair, and Pfitz, and Gatliff. There are others like them, but I don't personally know them.

These guys won't be here forever. Once they are gone, then we will just be left with a bunch of Directors, Chiefs, Major's, Captains, and Lieutenants with limited knowledge of 'beverage", some who never were even an agent. Which to me is truly sad!

09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
This message is actually about Betty Addazzio and the few senior folks left at "beverage". As much as I would love to leave my name, I know it is not in my best interest, so I won't(sorry Betty).

I am a northern agent, and I have been here for about 6 years. I realize not everyone likes her, but it will be a sad day to see agents of her experience retire. She knows what "beverage" is about and what it means to be an agent. There are only a handful out there like her and they will be going soon as well. This actually makes me sad, because once people like her are gone, then our knowledge base is gone.

People didn't like Brad Nelson and some might say he was a little "nervous" at times, but it was sad to see him go too. He too knew "beverage" and was also a wealth of knowledge. We need people like him to stick around. Guys like John Blair, and Pfitz, and Gatliff. There are others like them, but I don't personally know them.

These guys won't be here forever. Once they are gone, then we will just be left with a bunch of Directors, Chiefs, Major's, Captains, and Lieutenants with limited knowledge of 'beverage", some who never were even an agent. Which to me is truly sad!

Hey Betty! I thought you were NEVER POSTING AGAIN! :devil:

09-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Trust me. It's not Betty. Just an agent who is sad to see morale at such a low point.

09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Boy are you right about all the knoweledge going and in my opinion, staying away from beverage work and doing law enforcement that there are already agencies that do the same stuff will hopefully lead to Gov., and legislature realizing that ABT should just be non-sworn investigators. Once there was a Diector named JJ Harris, he wasn't very well liked but he saved the Division, by getting the division back on track with just minors and bev. work. Hell if you want to be the real police go be one, in this budget cutting times non-sworn just might happen.

09-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Tell me again what a "real cop" is? Working patrol is a minor part of police work. Are you telling me that all of the supporting squads/teams in a “real” police department are not real police because they are not working patrol? Isn’t INS real police, all they deal with is immigration for example.

09-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Are you slow?! This is not rocket science. Like the "beverage" law is a lot to learn. And some not all of the vets are still doing it the same way they did years ago not even realizing laws and ways of doing business have been added and changed.

09-19-2007, 10:10 PM

Trust me. It's not Betty. Just an agent who is sad to see morale at such a low point.

Just get happy! After all you are not in Iraq. You probley ate plenty today. You work a couple of hours (maybe) and you are gettin paid every other Friday. So again, pick that morale up and get happy! :D

happy
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM
This beverage law thing kills me. I am forunate unough to work in an office with Lt's who have been here almost 20 years........we have to dig into the law book regularly. Beverage law is quite complicated and losing senior people definitely leads to a lack of institutional knowledge. We have a lot we can learn from senior agents & supervisors. This agency will change........and when we head back to true regulation again.......most agents and supervisors will be lost!!!

09-22-2007, 07:46 PM
This beverage law thing kills me. I am forunate unough to work in an office with Lt's who have been here almost 20 years........we have to dig into the law book regularly. Beverage law is quite complicated and losing senior people definitely leads to a lack of institutional knowledge. We have a lot we can learn from senior agents & supervisors. This agency will change........and when we head back to true regulation again.......most agents and supervisors will be lost!!!

Relax "happy." It is not that difficult. Law enforcement enforces the law. The beverage law is quite simple and EZ to understand. And the code was stripped down years ago. So relax. I am a vet and we all appreciate the positive comments but it is like learning the BL in one year and repeating for the number of years you are here. Again quite simple to follow and doing 2 to 3 hours a day aint a bad gig. So hang in there.

09-22-2007, 10:03 PM

Relax "happy." It is not that difficult. Law enforcement enforces the law. The beverage law is quite simple and EZ to understand. And the code was stripped down years ago. So relax. I am a vet and we all appreciate the positive comments but it is like learning the BL in one year and repeating for the number of years you are here. Again quite simple to follow and doing 2 to 3 hours a day aint a bad gig. So hang in there.

The only thing that confuses the crap out of me, and I don't know why, is Chapter 210. I've been trying to figure that one out for 5 years. There really are only a handful of good people left to ask about cigarette/tobacco laws. I guess if we did more of it we would learn it better. The few tobacco cases I worked were actually pretty interesting.

09-23-2007, 02:23 AM

The only thing that confuses the crap out of me, and I don't know why, is Chapter 210. I've been trying to figure that one out for 5 years. There really are only a handful of good people left to ask about cigarette/tobacco laws. I guess if we did more of it we would learn it better. The few tobacco cases I worked were actually pretty interesting.

Well yes, we do need to learn more about Chapter 210. One would think that these type of things would be done in training through the training unit, but hey I guess that woul dbe too much to ask of Mr. W. Kriiiiiiiitlow, he is after all still trying to learn where and how he good where he is.