PDA

View Full Version : This job

09-19-2007, 02:52 AM
I don't care what anybody says on this board. I still love this job and I am proud of the division. Sure, things could be better and there are people who work here that should not. You know what though? We still don't have it that bad.

Personally, it breaks down like this in my opinion. There is some serious dead weight at this agency. AKA slugs, snails, whatever you want to call them. Get rid of those few which make up in my estimate 10-15% of ABT and this place will be better for all including the public.

Before you jump all over me and say I don't know squat and that I am new here, etc. I am an ABT veteran, 14 total years LEO, and have worked in two offices. I just like to workt. Plain and simple. I try not to get involved with office politics and I just try do my job. Even though it is sometimes difficult.

Does everything and everyone here make me happy? Absolutely not, but I still have it pretty damn good. I only wish management would take care of the dead weight. They know who they are and you know who they are!

09-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Well said. Like my job too, not crazy about those leading us. You can't have everything.

09-19-2007, 09:44 PM
what hey said. :D

09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I love everything about this job and the people I work for and with!!

09-21-2007, 08:00 PM
For those of you who don't know DBPR and ABT and for those of you who have worked here and have finally figured this out, count up the number of Secretarys, Deputy Secretarys, Directors and Chiefs this agency has had in the last ten years...way to many to remember! This is a good job, we have it great with all the perks of unmarked cars and plainclothes, however, our agency is a political dumping ground for appointees from the Governor's Office and "friends of friends." As compared to other law enforcement agencies in the state system, we are way behind on getting and keeping qualified managers and supervisors.

10-21-2012, 04:47 PM
For those of you who don't know DBPR and ABT and for those of you who have worked here and have finally figured this out, count up the number of Secretarys, Deputy Secretarys, Directors and Chiefs this agency has had in the last ten years...way to many to remember! This is a good job, we have it great with all the perks of unmarked cars and plainclothes, however, our agency is a political dumping ground for appointees from the Governor's Office and "friends of friends." As compared to other law enforcement agencies in the state system, we are way behind on getting and keeping qualified managers and supervisors.

WOW! Things never change, even in 2007 they had the same problems.

10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
on your mark, RESET, go...................................