View Full Version : Work Climate Assessment--read--hot of the press

09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
CITY OF MIAMI, FLORIDA

INTER-OFFICE MEMORANDUM

TO: Miami Police Department Employees DATE: September 18, 2007

SUBJECT: Work Climate Assessment

Chief of Police

ENCLOSURES:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

In an effort to improve the overall work environment and employee satisfaction within our Department, we will initiate a work climate assessment beginning this week. We are partnering with Employee Relations in this endeavor.

The City has requested the services of The Champion Services Group, a Miami-based, culturally diverse consulting firm to conduct this assessment. This will allow for an impartial, neutral firm to gather employee feedback and provide us with findings and follow-up recommendations to improve the work environment and labor-management relations.

The Champion Services Group will be deploying a team of consultants who will conduct ?confidential? one-on-one interviews and focus groups with employees representing various levels and roles in the organization. These employees will be randomly selected by the consultants. The assessment will also include a confidential written survey that will be provided to all Police Department employees. It is expected that the survey will be distributed to employees within the next month.

In addition, The Champion Services Group will review the Department?s current employee policies and procedures, as well as operational day-to-day practices in employee relations.

As mentioned above, information from the employee interviews and focus groups shared with The Champion Services Group?s consulting team will be confidential. They will gather the data and provide the leadership with the consensus of opinions and concerns, but they will not be sharing from whom the information was received. I encourage you to be open and forthright in providing them with your feedback.

Thank you for your cooperation.

09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Another consulting group someone needs to call the FOP

09-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Well you know what, if it's what we need then let it be done. The Chief as well as the personnel within the department have their pros and cons. I for one just want a stable working environment and get paid every two weeks. As with everything else, if you don't like it here you CAN leave and seek hapiness elsewhere. The Chief is not going anywhere until something bigger and better comes up with more opportunity for him. Right now the City of Miami is where he wants to be, so he is going to do his best to make things right. He may be a little conceited about himself, but he knows what he is doing after thirty-plus freaking years in the job.

No matter who is in charge or who I happen to be working with, I am still going to bust my ass in this place, because I enjoy what I am doing. Step up or Step out, Ciao for now.

09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Want a stable environment?

Fire the Chief and Deputy Chief!

Dump Comstat!

09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
So someone is coming in to ask your opinion on what needs to be done to make your department a better place to work and you complain. You should all be fired.

09-18-2007, 09:51 PM
The problem is laziness. Any Chief or Deputy Chief that comes in and expects some the worthless people here to do anything will be me with contempt.

09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
They want my opinion on how to make this a better place to work. Hmmmmm lets see. Fire Timoney, fire Fernandez, and fire Utset. Yeah I think that would make this a better place to work.

09-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Stable work enviornment?
Save the money and Go to the MRC and get copies of the exit survey!! Everyone who leaves says the same crap.
The problem,Tmoney Frank Fernandez and Commanders Alfonso and White head so get rid of them,AT LEAST THE CMDRS and NO PROBLEM!

The suck A$$ before wheeler is a boot licker!

09-18-2007, 11:35 PM
The problem is laziness. Any Chief or Deputy Chief that comes in and expects some the worthless people here to do anything will be me with contempt.

Deputy Chief Frankenstein, please keep the lazy BS you preach to yourself. Didn't win friends before and it's not helping NOW.

09-18-2007, 11:42 PM
So someone is coming in to ask your opinion on what needs to be done to make your department a better place to work and you complain. You should all be fired.

Listen sh?t for brains, they were told how to make the dept better on Sept 4th. Who is paying these people? T$ paying? And how many .223 cal. rifles would this B S buy for the cops in squad cars? I would give them my input by NOT GIVING ANY INPUT. Tell the people hired to refer to the Vote on Sept 4th. Keep grabbing at straws Lexus Johnny, keep grabbing as you sink.

09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
lets give them another vote of no confidence. Tell them that a Chief of Police needs to be truthfull and need to be a leader which this guy is not. tell them how the stats are doctored by not using the correct signals, tell them about the double standard of disciline, tell them about the lack of trust, tell them about the favoritism, tell tem that MPD is in trouble, sick and in need of a doctor who cares about the community and its police officers.

09-19-2007, 11:17 AM
'ATLEAST THE CMDRS? So based on what you are saying, every commander ain't worth a damn...Is that it? Or are some better than others....much like the rank and file of this department. Are we lumping everyone into one boat? Because I know there are alot of lazy slugs just as much as I know there are a hell of alot of tough, hard working heroes....So do we put them all in the same bucket?

Let me ask you this in rewgards to the ample supply of slugs here. Would it matter if we had Eisenhower or Jesus, himslef running this department? The slugs would b__ch about the fact that Jesus is unshaven...why do they have to shave. Thankfully, this is a minority...though quite vocal.

So what is it? Are we to make these groundless comments. ATLEAST THE CMDRS? Who and why? or are you just talking s*h*i*t again...because it is again pretty f--king old if you ask me.

Stable work enviornment?
Save the money and Go to the MRC and get copies of the exit survey!! Everyone who leaves says the same crap.
The problem,Tmoney Frank Fernandez and Commanders Alfonso and White head so get rid of them,AT LEAST THE CMDRS and NO PROBLEM!

The suck A$$ before wheeler is a boot licker!

09-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Guys dont participate in any survey they cant force you, the FOP is going to put a stop to it!

09-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Just a fax asked what commanders? Where have u been G?
The real problems are cmdrs ALPHONSO and WHITEHEAD the rest appear to be QRU.
So get rid of them and consider reducing the list of cmdrs to 3,one per station and get 12 real leaders,CAPTAINS!
We keep 3 cmdrs cause they are POLITICAL and that will appease city hall.........

09-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Ok G.....

There are 9. So who stays and who goes? and why? All, I would like to get out of you (respectfully) is the reasons why you (the readers) give a certain answer. You want to keep Commander A...why? You dislike Commander B...Why? It is so easy to give blanket statements....Put some thought and definition behind your thoughts and words. You make a point and I will agree with you. You make no point and I would disagree.

Let's take these debates to a whole new level. Let's use some deep thought processes. This will intensify the debates.

So get rid of them and consider reducing the list of cmdrs to 3,one per station and get 12 real leaders,CAPTAINS!
We keep 3 cmdrs cause they are POLITICAL and that will appease city hall.........

09-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Ok G.....

There are 9. So who stays and who goes? and why? All, I would like to get out of you (respectfully) is the reasons why you (the readers) give a certain answer. You want to keep Commander A...why? You dislike Commander B...Why? It is so easy to give blanket statements....Put some thought and definition behind your thoughts and words. You make a point and I will agree with you. You make no point and I would disagree.

Let's take these debates to a whole new level. Let's use some deep thought processes. This will intensify the debates.

The Department has 3 Captains two of which are incompetent, so why do we need Captains?. Vera and Martinez are both Zero's. Walterman is a standout guy or he use to be but I still have respect for the man. Ask yourself what Vera has ever done to improve the quality of life to the neighborhoods of Miami. :roll: And Martinez should have never been a Captain but he passed the exams. :roll:

09-20-2007, 08:42 PM
IS THIS SURVEY REALLY GOING TO BE ANONYMOUS? CAN WE REALLY BE TRUTHFUL WITHOUT FEAR OF RETALIATION? THIS IS REALLY FRIGGIN INCREDIBLE! WHEN FEW PARTICIPATE DUE TO FEAR OF REPERCUSSIONS, THEY WILL JUST DECLARE VICTORY. THEY WILL TELL EVERYONE THAT THE VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE WAS AN FOP HOAX.

09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Rumor has it that the administration is hand-picking those individuals that they want randomly interviewed.

I guess they want a rosy projection of the department and the image that things aren't so bad.

09-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Rumor has it that the administration is hand-picking those individuals that they want randomly interviewed.

I guess they want a rosy projection of the department and the image that things aren't so bad.

And this surprises you? what else would you expect from our dear administration?

09-21-2007, 06:51 PM
WE DONT NEED NO STINKING SURVEYS.
HAVE MEDIA,FOP AND CHIEF GO TO MRC AND GET COPIES OF EXIT SURVEYS!! THAT WILL SAY IT ALL.
EVERY COP WHO HAS LEFT BEFORE THE DROP WAS UP HAS SAID THE SAME THING,T$ AND B.K. HAVE RUINED THE DEPT AND THEY COULDNT TAKE IT ANYMORE!
THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN RETIREMENT DISREGARDED CAUSE OF THESE FOOLS,CASE CLOSED!

09-21-2007, 07:01 PM
You people sit here all day and bit?h and moan. But you don't have the balls to state your problems to people who may actually be able to help you. Of course they are not going to force you to do it. I will not say all but there are a bunch of dumba$$ people in your department. Take away your Chief and your Deputy and you all are still an ebarrassment and a laughingstock. Get used to it.

09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Okay kiss A$$. What is your solution or are u part of the problem by supporting this admin.?
Btw,all depts and companies have some dumb a$$es but this admin takes the cake!
The person recommending the exit survey made a good point so why not open those and start there?

09-22-2007, 01:29 AM
with the money they are spending they could have purchased the 223 rounds

09-22-2007, 08:38 AM
if its so random, lets see if they pick randomly anyone from the executive board....besides frank.

09-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Frank was not the only one on the E.B. who did not agree with the recommendation to include the D.C. in the vote. I am going to love it when Mirable comes in and 6 months later everybody is crying even worse.

09-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Why don't you list you concerns right here. You are anonymous...Forget T-$ and Frank...Forget negativity...What should change...Why should it change. I am serious here. This is a challenge. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE CHANGED AND WHY...List the concerns....No bad mouthing anyone either.

Frank was not the only one on the E.B. who did not agree with the recommendation to include the D.C. in the vote. I am going to love it when Mirable comes in and 6 months later everybody is crying even worse.

09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
A very provocative question! It starts with responding to most if not all felony and crash related calls, taxpayers would appreciate it! Second, writing the pertinent report pursuant to the elements of the crime or incident reported! Field sergeants and lieutenants should not change the UCR ranking on the field, unless a glaring error. If UCR Down Graded were to occur, it should be done by the Crime Analysis Unit supervisory staff and only upon establishing that the elements of the reported crime are incorrect.

A crime that is frequently down graded is ROBBERY BY SUDDEN SNATCHING see below link. I wonder how many of these crimes are actually reported according to the Legislative intent and letter of the statute?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... 1#0812.131 (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&ampSearch_String=&ampURL=Ch0812/SEC131.HTM&ampTitle=-&gt2007-&gtCh0812-&gtSection%20131#0812.131)

As police officers we are Servants and Protectors not factory workers, who must be productive! Our calling calls for QUALITY service and protection arrests come when we do our job right!

Retort?

09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
You make alot of sense. How about changing of homicides from 31 to natural 45s....(Lead poisoning). Just kidding.........

I think the signal changing is very overblown. While I think it has happened, I think there is a very simple way to check to see if so and by whom. How many calls of a certain signal have gone out? For example robberies. If each area had 100 robberies that went out dispatched, then by and large 90-95 should remain a signal 29 at the end of the signal when the officer checks in. If Commanders A,B,C,D,E,F, and G have 90 robberies at the end of the check but Commanders H and I have 70, there is where your problem would lie. The area means nothing. Robberies are robberies. You start bull s--ting signals and down play the damn signal to a misdemeanor, then you cannot chase the son of a b--ch and sick K-9 on him...For what? In the end of the year stats, these miniscule numbers change not a damn percentage point in the stats, so really, it cannot be a comcerted effort to lower crime rates, because the changes are so small in the overall scheme.

But when in doubt, the customer (VICTIM) is always right. if they say they got robbed or burglarized, then damn it they did!

Cops should respond to every call. If nothing else, it adds visibility (cop repsonding for the report) into the crime area. Now other citizens that live in the vicinity could meet with the beat cop and get to know him/her. Perhaps the responding cop can give a few tips on safeguarding themselves.

I review your points and agree and respect you. But keep this mind. In any police department and most corporations, 15% OF THE WORKERS DO 90% OF THE WORK!

Productivity is important. If you have a cop in a rough area with 3 arrests for a month and 5 tickets, I would ask you, who the hell is carrying the weight of that crew then? Someone is having to bust his/her ass more because one of the crew is a lazy slug. The sergeant (and up the chain) should get on that cop's ass.

I think cop's that load people with tickets ( WORKING PEOPLE BUSTING THEIR BUTTS WITH 2 OR 3 HONEST JOBS) when giving one ticker would suffice are nothing more than p--sies! That is not how to be productive. Write up the f--king dopers and all the s--t bags with unsafe equipment. But not a hard working guy/gal doing their best to get by. I have seen some dips--t cop bragging how he/she dropped 4-5 tickets on some guy. Come on let's be sensible.

That is the flip side to productivity. You cannot teach common sense. Sergeants are supposed to review and correct reports of their subordinates. It sounds here that many rank and file ***** about the changing of signals. But if they are being told to do so, then shame on them for not defying an unlawful order. Shame on them for not coming forward and reporting it. On the other hand, if the sergeant is approving these reports with a rubber stamp then shame on them. There are so many ranks to reach before commander, that if someone was truly incensed about the signal changing, then it should have been documented officially and forwarded ALL THE WAY UP THE CHAIN!

I don't want to hear about retribution or retaliation. If that were to happen, you would never need to work again thanks to the Federal lawsuit you would win. I respect all the cops that stand up for what is right. But what is right? What exactly is it? Who is to blame? Why would the Deputy Chief inherit the wrath of someone elses wrong doings? Surely, the DC has nothing to do with any signal changing.

Let's be specific. Not liking his mgmt. syle does not make him unfit to steer this ship.

If one is going to attack and attack then one must have specifics and proof. That makes it so much easier to nail the SOB to a cross when this is done. But until then, I think we should stress caution lest we ruin a man's/woman's reputation on a salem type witch hunt.

A very provocative question! It starts with responding to most if not all felony and crash related calls, taxpayers would appreciate it! Second, writing the pertinent report pursuant to the elements of the crime or incident reported! Field sergeants and lieutenants should not change the UCR ranking on the field, unless a glaring error. If UCR Down Graded were to occur, it should be done by the Crime Analysis Unit supervisory staff and only upon establishing that the elements of the reported crime are incorrect.

A crime that is frequently down graded is ROBBERY BY SUDDEN SNATCHING see below link. I wonder how many of these crimes are actually reported according to the Legislative intent and letter of the statute?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... 1#0812.131 (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&ampSearch_String=&ampURL=Ch0812/SEC131.HTM&ampTitle=-&gt2007-&gtCh0812-&gtSection%20131#0812.131)

As police officers we are Servants and Protectors not factory workers, who must be productive! Our calling calls for QUALITY service and protection arrests come when we do our job right!

Retort?

09-23-2007, 05:06 AM
My friend,u know nothing about police work. We r not FACTORY workers! This productivity is b.s.! DO U REALLY THINK THAT A COP WHO WRITES 10 OR 20TIXS A DAY AND MAKES 4 DIP 39s is better than the guy who ANSWERS his calls quickly and HELPS his community without tixs??Is that a slug??
Tu eres un SAPINGO and part of the problem!!!
Police work is about helping PEOPLE A%% hole,NOT STATS!
ANY BIAATTCCHH CAN WRITE TIXS AND FU78 PEOPLE! THAT DOESNT MAKE U A GOOD COP!
HAY DIOS MIO. HASTA CUANDO?

09-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Workplace Assessment: Make Canon Chief, Magnusson D/Chief, Papier and McQueen Assistant Chiefs. Watch Miami PD soar to greatness.

Phaedrus11
09-23-2007, 05:27 AM
My vote is for Magnusson. Good cops make good chiefs. His only stipulation is that your 8 point hat needs to have Viking horns.

09-23-2007, 05:45 AM
My friend,u know nothing about police work. We r not FACTORY workers! This productivity is b.s.! DO U REALLY THINK THAT A COP WHO WRITES 10 OR 20TIXS A DAY AND MAKES 4 DIP 39s is better than the guy who ANSWERS his calls quickly and HELPS his community without tixs??Is that a slug??

I feel you brother we have become factory workers. I feel like that dunkin dougnuts comercial when I go to work time to make the dougnuts

09-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Commander Magnussen (Justa Fax): me thinks thou dost protest too much!!!

I love you like a brother but defend yourself not the rest of these guys because they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus when it comes time.

We continue to make these junior warrant officers staff members, and it just perpetuates the morale problem. Few if any of them will stand up to the Deputy (the real guy running the Department, up till the recent no vote fiasco) because they risk losing the give-me rank and benefits they have. They (Raul) emasculated the Civil Service Rank of Captain by making commanders, simply to gain the control of an appointed staff (you can't make Captains protected by Civil Service cook the books for you!!! And to ad insult to injury instead of putting these commander positions under the Captains in the chain they put them above them. Gee a junior lieutenant today that reports to a captain gets promoted tomorrow and now that captain has to answer to a lieutenant that was his his subordinate yesterday!!! Am I the only one that sees the problem here??

I backed away from further comment the other day when when you kept on insisting in spliting hairs on the timeline of when T$ got here and his contribution to the get ready for the FTAA and the self proclaimed elimination of all corruption and the ellimination of police innitiated shootings from the Department for almost two years or since his arrival (?)

Besides vigorously patting himself on the back to further his carreer, what has he done to benefit the men &amp women of this Department? Nothing!!!!

Again I repeat:
Respect that is all we want from the chief and his staff. We deserve it first because we are the backbone of this department (they don't handle calls or put their arses on the line everyday, we do) and we deserve it at the most basic level. We put our pants on one leg at a time just like the staff does before we became COPS. We gave up the majority of our rights when we swore an oathe to this profession but nowhere did I see or agree to giving up the the basic respect I am innatley entitled to as a human being.

T$, Fernandez, Utset, Loche and company walk around here like they are some kind of Gods, too good to acknowledge anyone they encounter in the elevator or hall way (unless you are a suckarse). The validation or proof of what I am saying is illustrated in the the new attitude these guys are now displaying, since the vote and when they found out that personnel from the MRC are conducting a morale survey.

Don't tell me that they need a survey to figure out that things around here are in the crapper, and please don't tell me again that we should be careful what we wish for.

If and when I see Raul Martinez I am going to appologize to him for all the shizzat I talked about him, because no matter how bad a Chief I thought he was, I now know that he was a prince compared to these goof balls..

09-23-2007, 08:03 AM
MY VOTE IS FOR CANON AS CHIEF AND MAGNUSEN AS ASS CHIEF THE REST I DONT KNOW I WOULD TRUST WHO THEY PICK....THERE UP FRONT AND HAVE COMMON SENSE.........

09-23-2007, 10:43 AM
mAgnusen cheif...you gotta stop smokin that stuff...next you gonna say you want whitehead as a chief too....maybe he'll take you to see his skrategy room and he will send you in time out onto a corner with your overheads on with the rest of the PST....hahaha

Cannon for chief and McQueen as Deputy chief
Asst. Chiefs could be Cmdr. Gomez, Cmdr. Fernandez and Cmdr Papier

All stand up guys

09-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Well said...With intelligence and dignity. Therefore, RESPECT is the greatest issue here you feel....That must be the fluid that runs through this organization.

What is your suggestion in recitfying this? This is the type of information that should be conveyed in a respectful manner and tone. It would not fall upon deaf ears.

.......ps Thanks for the compliment

Commander Magnussen (Justa Fax): me thinks thou dost protest too much!!!

I love you like a brother but defend yourself not the rest of these guys because they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus when it comes time.

We continue to make these junior warrant officers staff members, and it just perpetuates the morale problem. Few if any of them will stand up to the Deputy (the real guy running the Department, up till the recent no vote fiasco) because they risk losing the give-me rank and benefits they have. They (Raul) emasculated the Civil Service Rank of Captain by making commanders, simply to gain the control of an appointed staff (you can't make Captains protected by Civil Service cook the books for you!!! And to ad insult to injury instead of putting these commander positions under the Captains in the chain they put them above them. Gee a junior lieutenant today that reports to a captain gets promoted tomorrow and now that captain has to answer to a lieutenant that was his his subordinate yesterday!!! Am I the only one that sees the problem here??

I backed away from further comment the other day when when you kept on insisting in spliting hairs on the timeline of when T$ got here and his contribution to the get ready for the FTAA and the self proclaimed elimination of all corruption and the ellimination of police innitiated shootings from the Department for almost two years or since his arrival (?)

Besides vigorously patting himself on the back to further his carreer, what has he done to benefit the men &amp women of this Department? Nothing!!!!

Again I repeat:
Respect that is all we want from the chief and his staff. We deserve it first because we are the backbone of this department (they don't handle calls or put their arses on the line everyday, we do) and we deserve it at the most basic level. We put our pants on one leg at a time just like the staff does before we became COPS. We gave up the majority of our rights when we swore an oathe to this profession but nowhere did I see or agree to giving up the the basic respect I am innatley entitled to as a human being.

T$, Fernandez, Utset, Loche and company walk around here like they are some kind of Gods, too good to acknowledge anyone they encounter in the elevator or hall way (unless you are a suckarse). The validation or proof of what I am saying is illustrated in the the new attitude these guys are now displaying, since the vote and when they found out that personnel from the MRC are conducting a morale survey.

Don't tell me that they need a survey to figure out that things around here are in the crapper, and please don't tell me again that we should be careful what we wish for.

If and when I see Raul Martinez I am going to appologize to him for all the shizzat I talked about him, because no matter how bad a Chief I thought he was, I now know that he was a prince compared to these goof balls..

09-23-2007, 12:55 PM
In five days the midnight Flagami crew made three burglary in progress arrests which according to burglary detective, several other burglaries have been solved. I don't care what the dept. says, those arrests and the police work surrounding them are far better than 100 DIP arrests!

09-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Guys dont participate in any survey they cant force you, the FOP is going to put a stop to it!no they aren't. THe FOP cannot do anythig about it ignorant! If ya wanna do it, do it, if not **** off and keep *****in :!:

09-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Why don't you list you concerns right here. You are anonymous...Forget T-$ and Frank...Forget negativity...What should change...Why should it change. I am serious here. This is a challenge. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE CHANGED AND WHY...List the concerns....No bad mouthing anyone either.

[quote="Never happy":xzf9wzad]Frank was not the only one on the E.B. who did not agree with the recommendation to include the D.C. in the vote. I am going to love it when Mirable comes in and 6 months later everybody is crying even worse.[/quote:xzf9wzad]We want you to stop posting on here, you bleeding heart liberal!

09-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Retort?Bleeding Heart Liberal

09-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Workplace Assessment: Make Canon Chief, Magnusson D/Chief, Papier and McQueen Assistant Chiefs. Watch Miami PD soar to greatness.That would be an awesome team. All homegrown too :lol:

09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
mAgnusen cheif...you gotta stop smokin that stuff...next you gonna say you want whitehead as a chief too....maybe he'll take you to see his skrategy room and he will send you in time out onto a corner with your overheads on with the rest of the PST....hahaha

Cannon for chief and McQueen as Deputy chief
Asst. Chiefs could be Cmdr. Gomez, Cmdr. Fernandez and Cmdr Papier

All stand up guys

THESE ARE ALL COOKS!

09-25-2007, 12:00 AM

To follow up on that good post.
Let me ask u all something,this dept. is in the worst shape in its history and its because of these stat ho's isnt cmdr.Magnusson just as bad as cmdr.Alfonso? I hear he is almost as stupid as Alfonso when it comes to stats. Do u want another ****TATOR?
Chief Cannon,Major Llanes, cmdr.Papier,cmdr.J.J. Fernandez,cmdr Martin and cmdr. Irrizary are the omly ones I dont hear crap about.
THE FACTORY REMARK WHICH A BROTHER POSTED IS CORRECT!
WE DEAL WITH HUMAN BEINGS,NOT NUTS AND BOLTS! AMEN

09-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Retort?[/quote]Bleeding Heart Liberal[/quote]

NO! A PRAGMATIST! As a student of our discipline, early I came to the realization that since 1930, when the FBI formalized the IACP's recommendation for quantifying reported crimes -- the UCR -- police chiefs throughout the United States have been pushing numbers to justify their existence and by so doing keep their jobs -- by any means necessary! This leads subordinate supervisors in Miami's case commanders, to push for productivity! This has become a self-serving prophecy and the only one who really lose are the citizens we have sworn to serve and protect!

The philosophy that you deride as bleeding heart is what our calling is all about. Citizens pay taxes and consequently when they call police, there is an expectation that a unit will respond within a reasonable response time, handle the call courteously and effectively and where probable cause is present, an arrest be effected! That, in a nut shell, is essentially our vocation! Patrol and Investigation are the heart and soul of policing and that's where most of the police officers must be focused!

Quotas in policing are, by their very nature offensive to our motto, and if by advocating the service model, I am a bleeding heart liberal, then so be it! In the end the pragmatic approach to policing is all about QUALITY not QUANTITY!

Retort?

09-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Amicus,I couldnt have said it better!!!!
Your comments and understanding of our calling,gives me hope!
If only the kids and misguided vets would take heed?
Commanders who seek only stats will be judged by a greater power than T$ and B,K, one day,,,
God bless you and those of us who seek to do right and not expect rewards from staff,,,,,,,

09-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Retort?Bleeding Heart Liberal[/quote]

NO! A PRAGMATIST! As a student of our discipline, early I came to the realization that since 1930, when the FBI formalized the IACP's recommendation for quantifying reported crimes -- the UCR -- police chiefs throughout the United States have been pushing numbers to justify their existence and by so doing keep their jobs -- by any means necessary! This leads subordinate supervisors in Miami's case commanders, to push for productivity! This has become a self-serving prophecy and the only one who really lose are the citizens we have sworn to serve and protect!

The philosophy that you deride as bleeding heart is what our calling is all about. Citizens pay taxes and consequently when they call police, there is an expectation that a unit will respond within a reasonable response time, handle the call courteously and effectively and where probable cause is present, an arrest be effected! That, in a nut shell, is essentially our vocation! Patrol and Investigation are the heart and soul of policing and that's where most of the police officers must be focused!

Quotas in policing are, by their very nature offensive to our motto, and if by advocating the service model, I am a bleeding heart liberal, then so be it! In the end the pragmatic approach to policing is all about QUALITY not QUANTITY!

Retort?[/quote]Citizens pay taxes and consequently when they call police, there is an expectation that a unit will respond within a reasonable response time, handle the call courteously and effectively and where probable cause is present, an arrest be effected! That, in a nut shell, is essentially our vocation! Patrol and Investigation are the heart and soul of policing and that's where most of the police officers must be focused!

If you believe that, that's all policing is you must work in property or you are a horses ass, better yet a donkey!

09-25-2007, 03:28 AM
My man,u r truly lost.Amicus and brother are right on!
Go to property and check out an ethics book,a bible and a HEART cause you shouldnt be in our dept.
U and guys like Alfonso need to go back to Iran with mr.AMADAJINIHAD!
You make for excellent Fascists,abusive subhumans!
Our calling is to help the citizens and use discretion,not fu89 people!!!!
Good lord. We may be truly lost!

09-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Pushing officers to change signals or write a lesser version of a similar crime happens all the time and I bet every officer can give you an example. If they are not attempting to water down the crimes why create so many new signals? If an officer gets dispatched to a Burglary, a sgt. or commander comes by and tells the young officer that it should really be a tresspassing. After all, the home owner didn't like his/her TV anyway. The truth is that is happening and on a regular basis.

And the Commanders should be ashamed for playing this game and not having the Balls to stand up to BK, who has never been a real COP.