PDA

View Full Version : UF Tasers kid

09-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Too bad we don't have tasers...
http://www.tampabays10.com/video/news/? ... ryid=63514 (http://www.tampabays10.com/video/news/?aid=48186&storyid=63514)

Oh wait, at least they have more than 4 police officers on duty at once....

09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Too bad we don't have tasers...
http://www.tampabays10.com/video/news/? ... ryid=63514 (http://www.tampabays10.com/video/news/?aid=48186&storyid=63514)

Oh wait, at least they have more than 4 police officers on duty at once....

Watch the numerous videos out there, and research this incident very carefully. Those four officers are most likely going to get suspended/terminated for their actions, as they are the reason good, decent law enforcement officers are stereotyped as they are.

09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Watch the numerous videos out there, and research this incident very carefully. Those four officers are most likely going to get suspended/terminated for their actions, as they are the reason good, decent law enforcement officers are stereotyped as they are.

Go back to drinking your Kool-Aid you idiot. Regardless who was speaking, or what the event was, this person was asked to leave because of his actions. His actions after being asked to leave resulted in the arrest and the use of force. HE RESISTED ARREST.

09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I would have to agree. If the kid would have left like he was asked to do, it could have all been avoided. Cops take to much crap for doing their jobs and of course the media is bias. Cops need to be supported and have the ability to do their jobs with out having to worry about being politically correct or doing something to offend someone. If it was an idiot at burger king, no one would care. It was a 21 year old college student who has no respect. So now cops are abusing kids? Give me a brake?.

09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
If that had been USF, they would have had to pepper spray the kid and empty out the whole auditorium and then call HCSO to taze him...

09-19-2007, 03:09 AM
ha, hcso would have tased for usf to be followed by 3 female usfpd stating that excessive force was used. ha ha :oops: RING A BELL USF LADY BUG COPS???????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOTHING MORE AMUSING THAN WATCHING LADY BUGS STRUGGLE UNTIL PAPA PUMP ARRIVES TO EFFECT THE FINAL ARREST :roll: :roll:

09-19-2007, 04:08 AM

Go back to drinking your Kool-Aid you idiot. Regardless who was speaking, or what the event was, this person was asked to leave because of his actions. His actions after being asked to leave resulted in the arrest and the use of force. HE RESISTED ARREST.

Wow, you lost this 'debate' right when you called me an idiot. :roll: First of all, as someone that actually works in law enforcement (including college/university public safety in the past), it is very clear that excessive force was used in this situation.

Do you remember learning about the Use of Force Model? A 21-year-old student asking a few questions, and being annoyed that his mic was turned off, does NOT constitute being tazered. Yes, he DID resist, but after reviewing the videos, I can certainly see why he did. The four UFPD officers could have/should have considered other more appropriate actions to take during this situation (I can think of plenty that do not involve the use of a tazer, and having to listen to someone scream in agony), and the officers' suspension/termination will be one of the obvious consequences (as well as a possible lawsuit against the university).

Again, it's individuals like you that are the reason why law enforcement (and our country) is perceived the way that it is. If you truly work at USFPD, you better broaden your horizons a bit more, especially if you are approached by students in reference to this situation.

09-19-2007, 04:18 AM
I would have to agree. If the kid would have left like he was asked to do, it could have all been avoided. Cops take to much crap for doing their jobs and of course the media is bias. Cops need to be supported and have the ability to do their jobs with out having to worry about being politically correct or doing something to offend someone. If it was an idiot at burger king, no one would care. It was a 21 year old college student who has no respect. So now cops are abusing kids? Give me a brake?.

Me thinks someone doesn't enjoy working at USF, do they? :lol: If some of you so-called 'officers' had any common sense, you would know that situation isn't going to end well for UFPD. The situation did NOT warrant excessive force, and excessive force was clearly used. Let this incident be a lesson to the law enforcement personnel that work at colleges/universities. Before you even ask, I worked with UMASSPD for many years. Simple actions, like COMMUNICATION, would have been the first course of action for me, and if that didn't work, and the student was truly causing a major disruption, he would have been carried/dragged out. Tazering would never have even crossed my mind....

09-19-2007, 04:35 AM
I think you're wrong. the female UF officer asked the kid to step away. He is the one that was wrong. When he failed to comply with the officers orders, he was wrong. Flailing his arms around in a dangerous manner didn't help either. Oh yeah, and he definitely resisted arrest. Tell someone from one of the Sheriffs offices f*** you and see what happens. And if the police back down, you look weak and become ineffective. I've seen it happen. for UP you're damned if you do and damned if you dont. The student acted very immaturely and improperly. Not to mention he was not a small dude. I hope the officers on admin leave enjoy the vacation they're getting. FDLE *should* come in an conclude that this was legit. the use of the taser was not excessive, and the student was still fighting with 4 officers on top of him. We'll all see what happens.

09-19-2007, 04:46 AM
I think you're wrong. the female UF officer asked the kid to step away. He is the one that was wrong. When he failed to comply with the officers orders, he was wrong. Flailing his arms around in a dangerous manner didn't help either. Oh yeah, and he definitely resisted arrest. Tell someone from one of the Sheriffs offices f*** you and see what happens. And if the police back down, you look weak and become ineffective. I've seen it happen. for UP you're damned if you do and damned if you dont. The student acted very immaturely and improperly. Not to mention he was not a small dude. I hope the officers on admin leave enjoy the vacation they're getting. FDLE *should* come in an conclude that this was legit. the use of the taser was not excessive, and the student was still fighting with 4 officers on top of him. We'll all see what happens.

Yeah, I'll 'agree to disagree' with you on some points (including the use of the taser, which I don't think should be used accept in one-on-one legit circumstances), but I understand what you mean. I just hate seeing/reading about these situations, you know what I mean? It makes the LEOS, and the students, all look bad. Yes, it will be very interesting to see what FDLE investigators conclude overall.

09-19-2007, 04:47 AM

Yeah, I'll 'agree to disagree' with you on some points (including the use of the taser, which I don't think should be used accept in one-on-one legit circumstances), but I understand what you mean. I just hate seeing/reading about these situations, you know what I mean? It makes the LEOS, and the students, all look bad. Yes, it will be very interesting to see what FDLE investigators conclude overall.

accept = except. My bad! :D

09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Instead of using a tazer, which in 95% of the time causes no lasting effects in healthy people, maybe they should have gone old school and put the good ole baton into play and made a bloody mess of him......hmmm. Thats the way it was in the past, now these non lethal devices SAVE CRIMINALS and prevent OFFICER INJURIES across the world.

Shame on the SPINELESS UF administration for selling out their officers, but, I could see the same happening here.

09-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Again, it's individuals like you that are the reason why law enforcement (and our country) is perceived the way that it is. If you truly work at USFPD, you better broaden your horizons a bit more, especially if you are approached by students in reference to this situation.[/quote]

What are you talking about percieved like. We are the strongest country in the World and we are respected from all because when someone is in trouble THE US Armed Forces are the first to bail them out Whether it War,Tsunami,Hurricanes or conflicts. I fought for my country HARD and I rent your statement.

As far as L.E. its obvious even his drive stun wasnt the full effect. Yeah six cops man handle the guy and then it would Rodney King. What do you propose? They did everything possible. If that was the president and US SEcret Service grabbed him it would of never come to this public scrutiny but on a college campus where the Alumni rule its gonna cause Monday morning Quarterbacking.

Its unfortunate but if that was a Sheriffs Office or City Police it would of not made the outcome. I hope UFPD backs them but I would be nieve if I dint think they are gonna be scape goats. The correct outcome tell the KIDS to pound sand and tell the public tough we stand behind our officers

09-20-2007, 01:42 AM
[
quote="Anonymous"]Again, it's individuals like you that are the reason why law enforcement (and our country) is perceived the way that it is. If you truly work at USFPD, you better broaden your horizons a bit more, especially if you are approached by students in reference to this situation.[/quote]

What are you talking about . We are the strongest country in the World and we are respected from all because when someone is in trouble THE US Armed Forces are the first to bail them out Whether it War,Tsunami,Hurricanes or conflicts. I fought for my country HARD and I resent your statement. :twisted: :twisted:

As far as L.E. its obvious even his drive stun wasnt the full effect. Yeah six cops man handle the guy and then it would Rodney King. What do you propose? They did everything possible. If that was the president and US Secret Service grabbed him it would of never come to this public scrutiny but on a college campus where the Alumni rule its gonna cause Monday morning Quarterbacking.

Its unfortunate but if that was a Sheriffs Office or City Police it would of not made the outcome. I hope UFPD backs them but I would be nieve if I didnt think they are gonna be scape goats.

That situation has NO win written all over it so thake your pick, 6 cops drag the guy and thump him,pepper him and the auditorium or the option they chose. Im all for the Taser...just my .002

The correct outcome tell the KIDS to pound sand and tell the public tough we stand behind our officers[/quote]

09-22-2007, 01:07 AM
I work in a University Police department in Florida and have been assigned to work many guest speaker lectures. Usually during these lectures there is a university student representative from the student government (the groups that sponsor these lectures) assigned to control the question and answer sessions as they often get heated. If the student representative feels the person asking the question has gone beyond the scope of his/her time, is not actually asking a question, or for whatever reason the student representative feels the person at the mic is just getting into a debate or argument with the guest speaker they often shut that person down. This can be done by remote switch to turn off the mic or in other cases they ask the university police to step in and ask the person to move on or step away. In either case this action in Florida is a legal law enforcement action. If this person then resists this order they are in violation of Florida law. However, in my experience it is not up to law enforcement alone to shut down the question asker as the meetings are a public forum. If law enforcement just took it on their own to shut this guy down then there could be legal issues for the cops. But on the other hand if they were requested to shut this guy down his resisting a lawful command is what got him arrested. Before we just go and blame the police I would like to see if in fact a university student official requested ?Andrew? be removed from the mic or if the police acted of their own accord?