PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph Results- Question

09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I recently took a polygraph for a job in your area, and the job returned 2 weeks later to advise me that my results were "inconclusive" and that I would have to re-take the exam. Well I re-took the exam and I got the same results. I am not sure what this means. I was as truthful as I could be. Why are the examiners unable to make a decision? If I keep yielding the same result, does an agency automatically disqualify you or do they keep testing you?

09-17-2007, 11:19 PM
dont get discouraged. i had to take three polygraph's with flpd before i got hired. they are looking for consistency in your answers. be honest and you shouldnt have any problems. good luck

09-17-2007, 11:28 PM
To the guest that took the poly 3 times, were your results all inconclusive or did they vary from one test to the next? My other question is, was that all apart of a single hiring process or were you DQed, and you re-applied later and passed?

I am so stressed at this point, I'm not sure if I can take another one.

09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I also came back in for several "follow-up" polygraph sessions. I think I took a total of 3 tests AFTER the 1st one...which included being retested on 2 separate categories. What's funny is, I passed the integrity portion on the 1st try (which has to deal with your truthfulness), yet they thought I might be lying on other parts. It's all a bunch of crap in the end....I was completely truthful about everything and since I was, my answers were consistent each time I came in. I ended up passing everything and getting hired, I did not get DQ'ed.
Good luck....just stick with it, if they didn't DQ you on the first session, nothing huge popped up, and you're probably in good shape.

09-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Stop trying to hide all your past dope use. Inconclusive means you are lying your balls off and the examiner can't catch you and you made NO admissions. Better to error on the side of caution and whack your arse then take a chance and hire a loser. Stop going on every police agency blog in Dade and Broward and asking for some "magic bullet" to fix your problem. It shows you really are a loser, who if you were hired as a cop would whine and biatch about everything whenever things didn't go your way.