PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I've been reading these posts for several days now and am really disappointed in some of you. I was under the impression this forum was established for an exchange of information, not bashing supervisors and other agents who may not agree with you or that you may not like. Some of these posts have been insulting and hurtful.

We, as an agency, have some really serious problems. In my opinion (and we all know what they say about opinions) it started with about six years ago. Our current director and chief have done nothing to help make our jobs better. If anything it has created an atmosphere of hostility, evident by what some of you are writing. We need to remember things are about to change, maybe better..maybe not. One thing is clear, we as agents have to stick together and have respect for each other. Each of us has faults, but we have good qualities as well. We have agents who are great at undercover, others who may not like undercover, but are super at other type investigations. We all have something to offer, from the most senior agent to the most recently hired. The changes will begin on October 1st. Be patient, do your job to the best of your ability, and let's give the changes a chance to take place with the hope they will be good changes.

I began this job over 25 years ago and will always remember the words of wisdom from my very first Captain, E. A. Hooper, in Tampa. He was a good man and a super boss, one of the old moonshiners. In our initial meeting, he explained what he expected. His last words to me on that day were, "There are three things I demand of my people. Never do anything to embarass yourself, never embarass me, and never, ever embarass this agency." I've tried to conduct myself by these words and haven't always been successful in not embarassing myself, but I truly believe I have never embarrassed any of my supervisors or this agency. Reading some of the posts on this forum has caused me embarrassment because other people.. not just those within our agency read them, folks from other agencies, the general public, etc. What must they think?

It would be refreshing to read some posts with some solutions to some of the problems we have instead of insults. It sounds a little simplistic, but we need to come together and make this an agency to be proud of once again. Those of you who know me, like me or not, know I pretty much say what I think. My thinking right now is, we have new people coming in, let's welcome them and show them we have what it takes to get this place going in the right direction. Be safe. B

09-18-2007, 03:28 AM
Finally a voice of reason ;-) I hope people read this and understand what you are saying. I am tired of hearing all the negative. Makes me not want to come back to work.
Momma Betty you know who is writting this ;-)

09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Amen Betty, thank you for what you do. See you at inservice. :wink:

09-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Puleaze. Which one of your two faces typed that long paragraph?!

09-19-2007, 02:08 AM
For heave sake climb down from the pulpit BA. Dont say it, dont type it, dont tell it..practice it. Follow your own advice you freely give and give and give and you know what I am talking about. Dont take this as bashing you I have known you many years but must agree with the other post it just depends on which face is talking at the time. Peace.

09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
BA you are the best and fight for everyone!!
We will always support you and youe efforts!!

09-30-2007, 05:00 AM
BA you are the best and fight for everyone!!

Really Lil Stinker?! Change the 'We" to "I" that is what is called "speak for yourself." And take the rose colored glasses off and see it for what it really is. I was too fooled for many many years as others before me..and in time it will become clear to you.

09-30-2007, 08:00 AM
[quote="Lil Stinker":3i69uix0]BA you are the best and fight for everyone!!

Really Lil Stinker?! Change the 'We" to "I" that is what is called "speak for yourself." And take the rose colored glasses off and see it for what it really is. I was too fooled for many many years as others before me..and in time it will become clear to you.[/quote:3i69uix0]

Here's an idea then. Get off your fat butt come out from the shadows and step up to the plate. If you don't like how Betty is as your rep., then replace her. Put your money where your mouth is.

That is what is called "a challenge". Do you have the "marbles" enough to take the challenge or are you just a shadow warrior????

PS Don't try to turn this around on me and tell me to step up. I have no problem with Betty, no need for me to replace her.

09-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Who said replace her?! All she is suppose to be doing is soliciting PBA membership. But I love it when she turns covert and UC calling us to get the scope at each office. I will admit I have said some things to her just to watch where FiFi carries the bone. Now let me break it on down for you, without the agency and their reps agreeing to concede on issues PBA cannot do a awful lot unless it deals with wages which they aint done a awful lot on that either (unless you got a raise?). But they can be good in shoot or dont shoot situations....and we have a lot of them?! Anywho, replace her, dont care one way or the other I dont pay dues anymore. If I feel I am done wrong I will file a complaint on my behalf dont need to pay biweekly for someone from another agency (who learned how to do cause they stay in trouble) to fill the form out for me. Been there done that. More to come....

09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I totally agree with "Really." I love it when she calls for the gossip even when she is on the clock. I just love her when she says shes the "Director (of PBA)" don't yall?! I am so proud she has risen through the ranks..oopps...nevermind...she hasn't...I was gonna say through the ranks to "Director." Anyway do what we did once next time she calls transfer her to the captain's office and listen...the captain will say..hello?! hello? hello?! hum, they must have hung up." It is hilarious! Hey KLEENEX are you still out there?!

09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
I totally agree with "Really." I love it when she calls for the gossip even when she is on the clock. I just love her when she says shes the "Director (of PBA)" don't yall?! I am so proud she has risen through the ranks..oopps...nevermind...she hasn't...I was gonna say through the ranks to "Director." Anyway do what we did once next time she calls transfer her to the captain's office and listen...the captain will say..hello?! hello? hello?! hum, they must have hung up." It is hilarious! Hey KLEENEX are you still out there?!

I've spoken with her many times and always on her personal phone. Never heard her say she is the director, I think the term she uses is board member. Give an instance when she called you for gossip and I'll ask her about it. The green eyes of jealously must look really good on you or is it just the sad eyes of a miserable sad life that make it necessary for you to be mean.

09-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I've been reading these posts for several days now and am really disappointed in some of you. I was under the impression this forum was established for an exchange of information, not bashing supervisors and other agents who may not agree with you or that you may not like. Some of these posts have been insulting and hurtful.

We, as an agency, have some really serious problems. In my opinion (and we all know what they say about opinions) it started with about six years ago. Our current director and chief have done nothing to help make our jobs better. If anything it has created an atmosphere of hostility, evident by what some of you are writing. We need to remember things are about to change, maybe better..maybe not. One thing is clear, we as agents have to stick together and have respect for each other. Each of us has faults, but we have good qualities as well. We have agents who are great at undercover, others who may not like undercover, but are super at other type investigations. We all have something to offer, from the most senior agent to the most recently hired. The changes will begin on October 1st. Be patient, do your job to the best of your ability, and let's give the changes a chance to take place with the hope they will be good changes.

I began this job over 25 years ago and will always remember the words of wisdom from my very first Captain, E. A. Hooper, in Tampa. He was a good man and a super boss, one of the old moonshiners. In our initial meeting, he explained what he expected. His last words to me on that day were, "There are three things I demand of my people. Never do anything to embarass yourself, never embarass me, and never, ever embarass this agency." I've tried to conduct myself by these words and haven't always been successful in not embarassing myself, but I truly believe I have never embarrassed any of my supervisors or this agency. Reading some of the posts on this forum has caused me embarrassment because other people.. not just those within our agency read them, folks from other agencies, the general public, etc. What must they think?

It would be refreshing to read some posts with some solutions to some of the problems we have instead of insults. It sounds a little simplistic, but we need to come together and make this an agency to be proud of once again. Those of you who know me, like me or not, know I pretty much say what I think. My thinking right now is, we have new people coming in, let's welcome them and show them we have what it takes to get this place going in the right direction. Be safe. B

Betty I have known you for so many years that I am embarreed to read your comments.....please be real..........

09-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Betty I have known you for so many years that I am embarreed to read your comments.....please be real..........[/quote]

Your embarreed to read her comments???
Have another drink old agent!!!

You are an embarassment!!!
You go Betty you are the best!!

10-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Betty I have known you for so many years that I am embarreed to read your comments.....please be real..........

Your embarreed to read her comments???
Have another drink old agent!!!

You are an embarassment!!!
You go Betty you are the best!![/quote]

BA quit posting stuff saying your the best unless you are saying your the best at talking out both sides of your mouth! Some of us really know you and you know it.

10-01-2007, 12:59 AM

I've spoken with her many times and always on her personal phone. Never heard her say she is the director, I think the term she uses is board member. Give an instance when she called you for gossip and I'll ask her about it. The green eyes of jealously must look really good on you or is it just the sad eyes of a miserable sad life that make it necessary for you to be mean.

I will take this one "Really2" its easy. What did you and the "board member" (thats a new one), talk about on the "personal" phone... :lol: ...I guess you was on your "personal" phone too... :lol: ...wasn't you... :lol: ...I bet it was one of them covert ops was'nt it... :lol:...what in the world did that mean ole captain or major do that time... :lol: ..or was it just the usual "they cant do that waste of breath gossip?! PS: "Really 2" give me a call on my "personal".... :lol: ...phone.

10-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Hey yall. I forgot to close with "that wasn't me" and "This is my last post" :lol: (not really). Its still soooooo funny to read I still get a good laugh out of that one...sorry BA..but you must admit that was tooooo much. The crybaby post of all post, the post of the year!

10-02-2007, 06:45 PM

I will take this one "Really2" its easy. What did you and the "board member" (thats a new one), talk about on the "personal" phone... :lol: ...I guess you was on your "personal" phone too... :lol: ...wasn't you... :lol: ...I bet it was one of them covert ops was'nt it... :lol:...what in the world did that mean ole captain or major do that time... :lol: ..or was it just the usual "they cant do that waste of breath gossip?! PS: "Really 2" give me a call on my "personal".... :lol: ...phone.

Damn Kleenex, spelling and grammar check please. It should be easy to figure out who you are, you none spelling, grammar checking hick !!

10-02-2007, 08:43 PM

darn Kleenex, spelling and grammar check please. It should be easy to figure out who you are, you none spelling, grammar checking hick !!

ok if you are going to cut someone else down about spell check, you might want to try it yourself.
"you none spelling, grammar checking hick !!"?

10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
"Now stop it" or I am gonna agree with two face BA.. this will be "..my last post." Boy come to think about it since she and a few others stop posting this site has slowed down. Anywho, what yall think about the new director?! Isnt it exciting that Cindy is coming back!