PDA

View Full Version : rifles

09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
anyone know what is best rifle to be carried in saddlebag? HK and others offer short barrel rifles. Anyone out there already have mounted rifles? Obviously folding stock capable :)

10-22-2007, 03:33 AM
anyone know what is best rifle to be carried in saddlebag? HK and others offer short barrel rifles. Anyone out there already have mounted rifles? Obviously folding stock capable :)

Years ago i was going to have a shotgun rack attached to my cycle, (H.D.) to the best of my memory I recieved information from the California Highway Patrol Motor unit. You may want to start there for any assistance. Good Luck

Dirty Harry
10-24-2007, 02:00 AM
the Mossberg makes a short barrel with pistol grip and Remington makes the Enforcer with a pistol grip and foldable stock. The Ar-15 will fit with the foldable stock as well. There is no mounting hardware inside the bag that I have seen other then locking the bags.

Blue Light
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I just read this thread for the very first time, so I don't know if the question was answered or not. I regard to the gun mount on the motor, check with the Sacramento, CA PD motor unit.

I was in DC last year for the LE Memorial and they had their entire unit there (They paid expenses and the agency gave the time - travel costs were donated in lare part). That in itself was cool.

I took a photo of a folding stock shotgun on the bike and will post it later if I can find it. They were using BMW bikes, but I am sure the mount would work on a HD.

Hope I could be of assistance.