PDA

View Full Version : Take Homes

09-16-2007, 04:57 AM
When is tha city going to give us take homes?

09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Never!

09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
If you would talk to the PBA reps you would not even have asked that question. Under this Mayor, never sounds pretty close. As a PBA rep told me you can argue economic reasons till you are blue in the face, but when someone tells you take homes are against their philosophy period! How do you argue that? Yes the Mayor knows take homes is a big reason so new many officers leave. The reps I think are open to any new ideas you may have.

09-20-2007, 04:15 AM
d.b has take homes so they can get to calls faster

09-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Have anyone heard? D.B. is about to get their take homes taken away because supposely the city is spending too much money in gas. Well at least now everyone would be on the same boat. I wonder if the mayor, chief, deputy chiefs, captains, and certain liuetenants would also lose their take homes?

09-25-2007, 01:37 AM
The last time they tried that they couldn't get anyone to respond to a call out, within two weeks everyone had their cars back.

09-25-2007, 04:22 AM
well at least i got a take home gas key :roll:

11-23-2007, 12:17 AM
:?

11-23-2007, 12:46 AM
I wonder if Mr. Bolanos returned his "07 Black Ford Explorer"?
How about the "city gas card, and the toll card"?
If they are really thinking in cutting the budget and save money why they haven't get the Black Explorer back? City Cellphone? and etc.
HUH?

11-23-2007, 02:28 AM
I may be wrong,but I believe that he can keep the SUV and all of his perks until he officially retires 01/11/08. :cry: :cry: :shock:

See you all at his retirement party. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

11-23-2007, 02:49 AM
It's only going to cost $50.00 per person (kiss asses only) and that includes lunch and the gift. See you there.

:twisted:

11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
what is up with your new paint job on the cars??? Almost like Aventura with out the lox and bagels

11-23-2007, 09:33 PM
what is up with your new paint job on the cars??? Almost like Adventure with out the lox and bagels

What new paint job??

If you mean the blue and white,we have had that for almost 2 years..

11-24-2007, 01:40 AM
well i finally saw it in pines and looking so masqueline :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: i guess you should ask for one in a mans color

11-24-2007, 03:55 AM
well i finally saw it in pines and looking so masqueline :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: i guess you should ask for one in a mans color

Who gives a flying f*ck ,what color the unit is.I only care about the color green,give more of that. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
When is tha city going to give us take homes?

When your new chief successfully argues the fact that a Take Home Vehicle Program (THVP) is not an extravagance, but a necessity if a police department is to remain competitive attracting and retaining quality police personnel! Even the smallest police agencies have a THVP!

12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Chief, sir we need take homes or we are gonna keep losing good cops, please help us

12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Guest 09 the Chief knows we need take homes and he is all for it. However, the City thinks take homes is some kind of luxury item that cops get, that a struggling city like Hialeah can not give, unlike a rich city like Opa-Locka or SweetWater!!! The Chief will do his best, but I do not think it will do any good.

The Mayor knows that by putting Overton as Chief, not all but some of the people that were leaving will stay at least for a while. The Mayor is just putting a band Aid on this sinking ship. Overton is just a Band Aid and the hope that he brings will keep people here for at least a year or two until the Mayor decides what else to do. Sorry for the negativity, but take homes in Hialeah never or less we give up something so big like our retirement!!!!

12-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Guest 09 the Chief knows we need take homes and he is all for it. However, the City thinks take homes is some kind of luxury item that cops get, that a struggling city like Hialeah can not give, unlike a rich city like Opa-Locka or SweetWater!!! The Chief will do his best, but I do not think it will do any good.

The Mayor knows that by putting Overton as Chief, not all but some of the people that were leaving will stay at least for a while. The Mayor is just putting a band Aid on this sinking ship. Overton is just a Band Aid and the hope that he brings will keep people here for at least a year or two until the Mayor decides what else to do. Sorry for the negativity, but take homes in Hialeah never or less we give up something so big like our retirement!!!!
the Overton band-aid, had not looked at it that way

12-07-2007, 01:52 AM
We need take homes in this department or the city will keep training officers to go work at other departments that do have them. Don't ever give up anything ($$$) for take home vehicles, once you retire from this place you can't take the cars with you. Why pay for or give up benefits when everybody else gets them for free ? I might pay for an oil change every 3 or 4 months but that's about it. The bottom line is NO TAKE HOMES = NO KEEPING GOOD POLICE OFFICERS WORKING FOR YOUR DEPARTMENT. By the way, all the other departments is South Florida hope that Hialeah never gets them.

8)

12-07-2007, 07:02 PM
when the marlins get a new stadium and the dolphins win a superbowl....oh and when the mayor is not hispanic in hialeah so yeah the chances for a take home look good :roll:

01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
you guys can walk for all I care!

01-23-2008, 09:40 PM
City of Hialeah Police Officers will be given take home donky's after passing probation.